Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 153 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #2026
CorrineJW

Ok, thanks for the comments guys!

MCM Expo May 2010:-

PEDOBEAR!!! >;D - 100% Complete....

If you happen to see me around, don't be scared to come hug me...... >
CorrineJW is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #2027
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

I'm so pissed right now. Let me go through the list of bullshit I've gone through with midnightcognito... I ordered these gloves around the middle of august. She had two months to make them. I'm fairly certain she blew them off and waited till the last minute because she wouldn't show me progress pictures till about a week ago. First she told me she was shipping them out the 19th. Then she told me she was shipping them out the 23rd, the day after the 23rd she said that the usps never came and picked them up and she wanted me name because she has more then one order with my first name. She said that she called them and they would come get them on the 24th, the next day. After that point, ALL COMMUNICATION HAS STOPPED. I'm so pissed right now. If I don't get them by Thursday then I would have bought them for nothing, because I'm leaving friday for my con.
Youmacon 2010

-Planned costumes-
Baiken from Guilty Gear - 20% done
The Great Saiyagirl from DBZ
Basch from FFXII
Morty from Pokemon HG/SS
Beatrice from Umineko
CynicalSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #2028
angola
Banned

you can search more sites for reference, such as ebay. lightinthebox.milanoo,etc
angola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #2029
greatpein
you can't fix stupid

to be honest try to avoid cosplaymagic.com
the costumes that they sell rip very easily and are, for the most part, inaccurate. they only things i would get from them are accesories. even the wigs aren't worth the price they're asking for it.
3. always follow the rules
greatpein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #2030
Lady Valentine
MmmMMm dRaWp?!

Because cosplaymagic.com mass produces costumes, the fabric quality isn't great on some items. I bought a costume from them a few months ago and I was disappointed that the fabric was really thin but it was better than nothing. Their accessories are pretty good and cheap and shipping is free and SUPER FAST. I'd shop there again but you might want to look closely at the fabric material.
Lady Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #2031
Jacobar

Cool Awesome Site

www.cosplayuk.co.uk
I found this quite a while ago and thought it looked good!
They are in the UK, so postage isnt THAT high unlike ebay.
I have bought a couple of things from them, and they are amazing stuff!
They say they are adding loads more stuff, and i can't wait!
Hope this helped!
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #2032
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalCerberus View Post
I'm so pissed right now. Let me go through the list of bullshit I've gone through with midnightcognito... I ordered these gloves around the middle of august. She had two months to make them. I'm fairly certain she blew them off and waited till the last minute because she wouldn't show me progress pictures till about a week ago. First she told me she was shipping them out the 19th. Then she told me she was shipping them out the 23rd, the day after the 23rd she said that the usps never came and picked them up and she wanted me name because she has more then one order with my first name. She said that she called them and they would come get them on the 24th, the next day. After that point, ALL COMMUNICATION HAS STOPPED. I'm so pissed right now. If I don't get them by Thursday then I would have bought them for nothing, because I'm leaving friday for my con.
I hear ya. I was supposed to of had my commissions by Aug. 25th so I could have them for MatsuriCon(Aug. 28th-30th) I still haven't gotten them yet. I'm heading up to Youmacon today where I was hoping to cosplay Young Genkai from YYH but that's not going to happen, again. I don't know what's up but I know her personal life outside of commissioning has been hectic...but as a commissioner, she really needs to try to be more professonal if she's offering her services. There's only so far a customer will bend until you break them. I guess I learned my lesson the hard way and I need ot get going on learning to sew better.
goldenvaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #2033
Raenam602
You wanna share?

I'm starting to not believe her stories. She's moved, had an argument with a house mate, been made to pay electric bills that weren't hers, gotten a new dog, loses her internet every week, and who knows what else. That's since August when I was quoted and took her deal. My payments are every thurs (when I get paid), but several times she's called the monday after asking me to go ahead and pay. I've been asleep every time cause I work at night so I haven't answered. I've actually paid off my costume except perhaps shipping. I'm supposed to get a test costume by the end of Nov. If the date is pushed back I may wait, but not for long. I have to get in touch with her to remind her I've paid my costume off, it's too late tonight.
Raenam602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #2034
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

has anybody had recent contact with her?
Youmacon 2010

-Planned costumes-
Basch from FFXII
Morty from Pokemon HG/SS
Beatrice from Umineko
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #2035
Cosmos

Wow, I am beyond ticked as well with Midnight Cognito. After having an original due date at the end of August and only receiving half of my costume, it has been one thing after another. PLEASE I beg all of you, if you're within your 45 days of sending paypal payments, start claim IMMEDIATELY. I am almost to the point of tears because this girl befriended me a swore she wouldn't rip me off as I've had it happen twice in the past already. I was lulled into thinking it would be okay since we actually talked, were "friends" and I had seen some work from her thus far, so I sent the rest of my payments back in August. Now that I'm out of the 45 day range to get a refund through paypal all communication has ceased and her numbers are disconnected. I'm out $410 for a full Miku costume and Shino jacket, I have nothing to show for it but a horrid wig and half-finished skirt which are the pieces I didn't send back. I am crushed and I can't believe someone could do this to people.

Good luck with everyone else, I know I'm not done with her yet.
Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #2036
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

Oh wow...Yeah I'm completely out of my 45 days as well. I've lost a good chunk of money too. This is really upsetting because she did the same thing to me called me every other day, we talked and she acted like my friend. I was supposed to of had my cosplays by the end of Aug. then 2 weeks after that and then supposedly last week, I haven't heard from her in over two weeks.

I really think coscom needs to come up with a better and safer way to get commissions to keep all this scamming to a minimum.

This is really, really upsetting.
Unread 11-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #2037
Cosmos

Yeah, the amount of scams with cosplay is just beyond crazy. As mentioned, this was my third time sending money with nothing real in return. I really felt she would be different since I DID receive some items and there was such good communications, I just feel really stupid right now.

I am completely finished with internet transactions and will only deal with commissioners in person from now on. Sorry everyone, this just isn't looking good. There's nothing to be done either, is there?
Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #2038
Raenam602
You wanna share?

*cry* It's too late for me too. But it's not reached the date for me to get a "trial" costume so I guess we will see. She even had a real website, but now it's not there. I'm trying to find a quick replacement just in case I don't get anything. Something cheap that I can do myself. this sucks soooo bad.
Raenam602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #2039
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

I'm past my 45 days as well. But it's not like it matters because the convention I had needed the gloves for has just pasted... x-x;; My next con is colossal in june so I have a huge gap and I'm probably not going to be wearing those costumes for that either. I keep emailing her and she ignoring me. Is there any way that we can contact coscom and have her account get banned or prevent her from using the marketplace? I know that not much can be done for our situations but it would be nice to prevent others from getting scammed.

I already gave her a failing grade in the commissioners review thread. Hopefully future costumers of hers will see that and steer clear of doing business with her.
Youmacon 2010

-Planned costumes-
Basch from FFXII
Morty from Pokemon HG/SS
Beatrice from Umineko

Last edited by CynicalSniper : 11-04-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Unread 11-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #2040
goldenvaulter
Master of Disguise

All you can really do is contact the website itself explain what happened and have her account banned but I don't think that prevents her from making another account. There was this girl on here at the begining of summer that was doing a whole bunch of scamming in the marketplace on like 3 different s.ns. The names kept getting banned but she kept making new ones until I think coscom banned her IP address? Hopefully her IP address can get banned right away. The thing that upsets me if there's actually progress photos of my costumes up on her coscom and facebook. =/ I would be nice if she could jsut send me that stuff and be done with it.