Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 172 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #2461
Alisana

Smile

My experience was actually rather good.

I myself got two cosplays done, A theif Bakura one (cloak and wig - Yu-Gi-Oh) and Hayate Yagami from Mahou Shojou Lyrical Nanoha, and my sister had Yuki Cross + Wig (Vampire Knight) and Riku (Kingdom Hearts - Deep Dive) done.

The quality of the costumes were really well done. There was lining on the Yuki Cross jacket and it was really comfortable to wear. Great attention to detail. No stray threads, every edge was done by an overlocker. Fabric quality was good, not thin like some other companies - it was decent. The time they took to send was standard, but fell within their expected time frames.

When I had an issue with two parts of my costume being small (boot covers and a skirt), they offered to re-do them for me which was great. If I get a chance, I'll have to do up a full review on the cosplays with photos so that you guys can see.

Good luck though!
Alisana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #2462
DrunkVizard
Swarley

Ace Heart no Kuni no Alice

Hi all,

Going to be cosplaying as Ace from Heart no Kuni no Alice and I think I've found a costume I like but I haven't shopped on the Cosplay house website before, any good reviews or anyone see any other shop with Ace cosplays?

Cosplay House: Ace

Thanks!

Anime North 2014
Ice king
Wulfric (pokemon gym leader)
Jiraiya

Last edited by DrunkVizard : 06-14-2010 at 12:11 AM.
DrunkVizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #2463
Zycsera

Just wondering if i should get this vanille costume off cosplayhouse.com
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Final-Fa...-Costumes.html
Its perfect
its got everything i need and its cheaper than this other costume i bought that didnt turn out so good, ive heard bad things about cosplayhouse but i dont know. D:
Zycsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #2464
hellparadiso
Dante's Divine

I have never shopped there, but the first thing that jumps out at me is the $120 price tag and a weight of only 4 pounds. Maybe I'm totally off-base here, but it would seem that $120 worth of coat should weigh more than that if it's made from good materials.

Planned: Rumi from Perfect Blue. (A-Kon 22)
Completed: Misato Katsuragi. (A-Kon 21)
hellparadiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #2465
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Polaris View Post
Update: I found another profile of her on Facebook and I contacted her throuigh a message and "requested" her friendship. I have bookmarked her profile to test something and its true. She did went online last night, read my message, and blocked me. Today I went back to that link and it didnt go anywhere. (On Facebook when you block someone you no longer can see their page anymore)
Not to be mean about this since I understand how upset you are but isnt this boarding upon harassment? I mean, looking through the internet just to find a girl and continue to badger her about how terrible she is? I am glad you got the partial refund even though you paid for it but its better than nothing, right?
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #2466
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkVizard View Post
Hi all,

Going to be cosplaying as Ace from Heart no Kuni no Alice and I think I've found a costume I like but I haven't shopped on the Cosplay house website before, any good reviews or anyone see any other shop with Ace cosplays?

Cosplay House: Ace

Thanks!
There are two reviews about Cosplay House in the Commissioner Review Thread^^

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...45#post3461345
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...45#post3469545
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #2467
Rui Gaika
shūchū shite ak

Can some one explain to me how Cos00 or whatever works? Like are they premade?

Not on here too much cause I haven't gotten to cosplay. >,<
Rui Gaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #2468
imaginary_rain

I'm sorry if this has already been asked before but is CostumeFamily reliable on the http://www.costumefamily.com/store/n...made-p-13.html Naruto cosplay? Thank you in advance!
imaginary_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #2469
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisana View Post
My experience was actually rather good.

I myself got two cosplays done, A theif Bakura one (cloak and wig - Yu-Gi-Oh) and Hayate Yagami from Mahou Shojou Lyrical Nanoha, and my sister had Yuki Cross + Wig (Vampire Knight) and Riku (Kingdom Hearts - Deep Dive) done.

The quality of the costumes were really well done. There was lining on the Yuki Cross jacket and it was really comfortable to wear. Great attention to detail. No stray threads, every edge was done by an overlocker. Fabric quality was good, not thin like some other companies - it was decent. The time they took to send was standard, but fell within their expected time frames.

When I had an issue with two parts of my costume being small (boot covers and a skirt), they offered to re-do them for me which was great. If I get a chance, I'll have to do up a full review on the cosplays with photos so that you guys can see.

Good luck though!
Um...where did you buy?
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #2470
Jii
Jii です

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
Does anyone know anything about Chibi Miki?

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/member.php?uid=14762
I do know her actually. We work together. She does costumes and I do wigs for her sometimes.

Shes a really nice person and pays close attention to how you want your costume. Not a scammer at all. Shes very reliable.
Jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #2471
Jii
Jii です

Unreliable Commissioner :: athenacosplay.com

Her costumes are indeed gorgeous, but be wary of this commissioner. I've been going through hell the last few months with her, so please watch out!

I commissioned a costumes back in April, she insisted it would only take her three days to do and it would be very easy. Charging me 250$ for the costume, I put a down payment on 125.
Since then, she has missed 3 deadlines and will not answer to my emails. It takes her at least 3 weeks to -maybe- reply with a sentence, completely disregarding everything you had said in your email to her.

this is my experience with her, so I just thought I'd let you guys know.

:: By the way... does anyone know what I do about her not wanting to give the money back to me?

Last edited by Jii : 06-21-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #2472
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jii View Post
Unreliable Commissioner :: athenacosplay.com

Her costumes are indeed gorgeous, but be wary of this commissioner. I've been going through hell the last few months with her, so please watch out!

I commissioned a costumes back in April, she insisted it would only take her three days to do and it would be very easy. Charging me 250$ for the costume, I put a down payment on 125.
Since then, she has missed 3 deadlines and will not answer to my emails. It takes her at least 3 weeks to -maybe- reply with a sentence, completely disregarding everything you had said in your email to her.

this is my experience with her, so I just thought I'd let you guys know.
You should post a review in the Commissioner review thread! I'm sure it would be very helpful to people
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #2473
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Polaris View Post
Thank you for your support. It is just so stressful. I mean why is she trying to scare me? I paid her and I didnt get my garment ...and you want to SUE ME? Okay....
Is it still possible to contact Paypal about this problem? And if she's attempting to sue you, you can counter sue and most likely will win as you have proof.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #2474
Fumler Senpi

Online buying help.

Has anyone ever bought form Cosplaytree.com?

They are making me a costume costume but im just afraid it might be a scam.

any info will help. Thank you
Fumler Senpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #2475
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumler Senpi View Post
Has anyone ever bought form Cosplaytree.com?

They are making me a costume costume but im just afraid it might be a scam.

any info will help. Thank you
Never heard of cosplaytree.com before. Looking at the website, the offerings are the typical costumes offered by the e-bay cosplay megastores. So it doesn't seem too bad. Make sure you review the return policies and requirements. You should also make copies of all transaction correspondence, including emails and check-out receipts so you have records of everything. can't be too safe when dealing with a site for the first time.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote