Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 176 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #2596
Lady Marionette
Call me Pixi! :]

Quite honestly, I don't know where to put this since the Commissioner Review thread seems more for buying items directly instead of middle-mans.

Avoid Constant Ching-Chong/Constance Jiang/CSULA Cosplay Club at all cost for any cosplay related business.

They/she created a group order where we can group order our wigs for much cheaper prices on Taobao and they acted as a middle man for us. The order application and sending in the money deadline was back in April and they promised we would get our wigs in time for Anime Expo in early July. I had ordered 4 wigs for myself. Since we ordered from different sellers it was obvious we would get our wigs at different times, but I only managed to pick up 2 out of the 4 wigs. The time between April and July, communication was smooth and email updates were prompt. However, I got an email a week before Anime Expo that some wigs were out of stock so they could not order and ask that we either order something else with the same price or they can refund the money a MONTH later. They should have told me the items were out of stock in the first place instead of a week before my convention! Since I didn't want to wait for the refund, I ordered a Sakura Kinomoto wig to replace my 4th wig.

They called me again to say that I could pick up my third wig directly at AX, but I went to the meeting spot, they never answered my phone, so I went home frustrated instead. This was the last time I heard from them.

After many emails, phone calls AND texting, they didn't reply or pick up. Fast forward to now, I was able to get in contact with their club secretary and the secretary would try to find out what's going on with Constants/Constance (the club president) since she was the one holding on to most of the wigs. Low and behold I finally managed to talk to her. She didn't even apologize for the time wasted on her absence! She said that I could either pick it up myself or she can just mail it to me for $5. She also said that they couldn't get the wigs that was replacing the outofstock wigs so I wouldn't be able to get my Sakura wig like I expected. Getting frustrated from getting no communications from her, I just told her to mail it to me and she said the earliest she can mail it is on Saturday the 14th and that she would let me know when she mails it.

If it weren't for the fact that I had emailed her yesterday, she probably wouldn't forgotten to mail my wig out, but she didn't mail out my wig until TODAY. HOLY CRUD.

I am sick and tired of this. How she ever got the CSULA cosplay club president position is beyond me, but she is irresponsible, breaks promise and doesn't apologize for her mistakes.

Here's a link to the wig order: Wig Group Order
Here's the link to her facebook: Facebook link
The Club's facebook group
Lady Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #2597
karinka Chick

Talking Great site for general contacts! Simple colors and patterns reliable shipment!

So I dont know if anyone used this site, but i think it is awesome. It is great for those cosplayers out there that are perfectionists. They cost no more than 30 per pair and the shipment is reliable. Hope this helps some of you!

http://www.lovebuglens.com/products
Unread 08-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #2598
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

yes. i bought a costume from them and was verry happy with it, althought it was a little different and scrappy. (but thats only cause i bought probably the last of the costume since there was apparently only enough material for one or two left.)
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #2599
areazel
⌠/quєєn

Alrighty, milanoo Cosplay.

I have read a lot of (bad) reviews on Lolita Costumes. And a few bad wig reviews. I ordered my Denmark Wig from them, and it came just as I expected it. But I am feeling a bit wary of my friend ordering a cosplay from them.

My friend found a great Ivan Braginski//Russia Cosplay on their site. It's not too expensive. So I was wondering if anyone's ordered cosplays from them (or a hetalia cosplay).

Costume: Ivan Braginski//Russia

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel
Newton Geiszler - Pacific Rim (maybe)

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

'i am loki, of asgard, and i am burdened with purpose'
areazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 03:55 AM   #2600
kiratsukai
culture shocked

mispost... ignore ^^;

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #2601
pigderp

I just bought Bleach 4th Division Cosplay at www.mikioo.com. Cheap and nice, quick delivery, good support. It is a nice purchasing experience for me.
pigderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #2602
spazzerbot

There is no reason not to buy from ebay. You can get excellent cosplays from ebay. Just make sure it's accurate and the sellers feedback is good.
I would actually recommend ebay! Some cosplay websites are quite overpriced, ebay has all levels of prices and quality.
spazzerbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #2603
Sethora

I just got a wig off ebay, and it's picture perfect. I love it. Why are you so against ebay?? There are pleanty of good merchants on there, who do fantastic costume work. In fact, if I were to buy a costume from ebay, it would probably be from this store. They make some very accurate looking wigs, and some very pretty outfits, and they're all custom measurements.

DOn't assume ebay is bad because mom and dad say so. Hell - my dad loves ebay. o_o;;;
Other Costumes:
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows Pt. 2 - Luna Lovegood
Next Years Possibilities:
Kingdom Hearts - Marluxia
Hellsing - Pip Bernadette
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - Fai D. Flowrite
Sethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #2604
The Desert Rose
Cosplayer : Level 3

Convince has two C's right? Anyway back to the task at hand. Ebay isn't a bad place to buy anything people down ebay for some reason and i still to this day dont know why. One thing i can tell you though is if you are suspicious of the thing your buying, message the seller and ask for a live photo of the item if there is none. I've gone through some situations where people steal the picture from other websites.

Sorry i couldn't help on your little brother situation but ebay isn't a bad place when it comes to most things which includes cosplay.

Ragnorak Soul eater- Metrocon

Upcoming Events

Metrocon 2013
The Desert Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #2605
Sethora

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Desert Rose View Post

Sorry i couldn't help on your little brother situation but ebay isn't a bad place when it comes to most things which includes cosplay.

True story.

On a non-cosplay related note, I got my dad an over $200 CAD Dale Jr. Nascar 1:16 scale die cast model for his birthday, autographed, off eBay, for $60! It was wonderful, and he loved it. It was one of the few cars of Jr's that he didn't have.
Other Costumes:
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows Pt. 2 - Luna Lovegood
Next Years Possibilities:
Kingdom Hearts - Marluxia
Hellsing - Pip Bernadette
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - Fai D. Flowrite
Sethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #2606
Horyuu

Im horrible at sewing and stuff... i decided to buy my costume and make my accessories. I was wondering about http://www.salesmanb2b.com's costumes. My sis brought a hat of Tamaki's bear which is uber cute! but I wanted to google up on the costumes...and no one has said anything. Does anyone anything about them? Looking to buy a shinigami outfit (regular) from bleach... and I only have like $40
Horyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #2607
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
She just messaged me actually. I actually thought that some one mentioned i-sew on here so I came and double checked. She wants 180 for a Japanese school girl uniform. Way too much. >.>'
Yeahhhh... She's a little crazy. And the fact she's still pursuing commissioners while her life is supposedly hectic and she doesn't have time... more proof she's a scammer.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #2608
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Yeahhhh... She's a little crazy. And the fact she's still pursuing commissioners while her life is supposedly hectic and she doesn't have time... more proof she's a scammer.
She also stole pics from a photographer/cosplayer on here so I informed the person and then I contacted the admin but I don't know if the admin actually did any thing about it. Maybe nearly a week ago?

I also asked the person if they knew who made the costumes and they did and it wasn't i-sew, that's for sure.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #2609
nameless14

is Milanoo Safe to buy from?

i want to buy their KH2 Riku shoes but before i do- is Milanoo Safe to buy from?

just thought i would check.
nameless14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #2610
RoseHanabira

Milanoo gets mixed reviews.

I've personally bought a few things from them before, and had both success and failure, but I admit that the failure was because I didn't do a good job with noting down the size. I haven't bought shoes from them so I can't give any advice for those specifically, but be careful for sizes.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote