Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.78 average.
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #2716
heycloud
You got red on you.

I would absolutely avoid having a cosplay commissioned from Ellome here. Also Ellome on ACP and on deviantART.

A friend of mine, Kal, and I both commissioned here back in April of 2010 to have two Persona 4 outfits done by Fanime 2010 (May, the next month) through another friend of mine who recommended her to us. We were assured she was going to be able to do it. All together with my friend and myself, we paid Ellome about $300 USD to have our stuff done.

We initially wanted to have the outfits shipped to us where we both lived, but apparently there was a slow-down in Ellome's work and we resolved to just picking the outfits up at the con since she was going too. Not once did we receive progress photos from her of the outfits (I suppose we should have asked, but apparently I was too trusting since a very good friend of mine recommended her to us).

Fanime came and that same friend of mine had to be the one to tell us that Ellome "forgot" the outfits and was very sorry. She was willing to give us a partial or full refund. Kal and I agreed to a partial refund at the time and told my other friend to tell Ellome we would go with the partial refund and would work things out when the con was over. In June, I did email her about the details but she took weeks to respond.

When she finally did, she claimed to be having troubles with her email and basically didn't offer any solutions. Never did Ellome actually try to contact us about resolving things, we were always the ones chasing after her. By the end of June, my friend and I decided to go with full refunds on the outfits since up to now, there was still no proof of them ever being made and this was just being drawn out way too long as it was already.

We tried to contact her through deviantART, here on Cosplay.com, ACP, Twitter, Livejournal--mostly we were ignored or were offered no clear answers as to when we'd actually be paid back. There were often excuses about how her bank had frozen her funds and she would only be able to send some money back in increments. Kal and I agreed to this but then Ellome just disappeared off the map again, ignoring our notes and comments on dA (recently, I found our comments were actually hidden on her front page) and setting her once public Twitter to private.

July went by with no updates. August went by with no updates. We would tweet her on a daily basis, leave messages on other sites she frequented too.

On September 3rd, 2010, I received a payment of $26 USD and Kal $31 USD. A note in the payment said this:

Quote:
$120 remaining / I get paid every two weeks and though I'm close to half-time now as opposed to earlier I'll at least send something even if it's small - though next should be more!
While I was glad to have finally received some kind of payment back, she was only planning on giving me back $146? I had paid $152 at least. It's not a great loss, but one worth taking note of.

We tell her on Twitter that we received her payments and look forward to receiving the rest. Two weeks go and pass and now we're into October and nothing more has been paid back. We keep tweeting to her and from what I know because of friends that follow her, she has been active there, just not responding to us.

It's been nearly six months since we were both basically scammed out of $300. Needless to say, Kal and I are very frustrated with her and wouldn't recommend her to anyone planning on doing business with her.
heycloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #2717
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGirl View Post
...So I've been stalking/searching boards on here, and no one seems to have any info on this CosplaySky thing. Anyone know ANYBODY who's ordered from here?

I haven't seen any reviews /on/ the site, but all the cosplays I'm looking at are from fairly new series, so... I don't know.

In their favor: they've at least managed fairly decent/understandable English on their 'about' page and stuff, and I haven't seen the same cosplay I'm looking at anywhere else on the web.

However, they said on their blog that "Hellocosplay.com stole images from us in series Alice in Wonderland,Star Trek, Star Wars,X-men…,you will not get the costume in the picture from them.
Hellocosplay also stole most costume images from our Korean client hellowshop.com,95% of the costume images on hellocosplay are from other sites."

Now I can't really say, because I've never ordered an actual /outfit/ from HelloCosplay, but I quite like their wigs (though not for the characters they're intended >.<), and got exactly what I paid for from them. So I'm kind of wondering if it's not reverse-propaganda on the part of cosplaysky.

...I'm thinking of ordering from CosplaySky anyways, because it really does seem to be a well-made cosplay. I'll re-post on this thread whether or not it ends well.

Wish me luck! (And please reply if you /do/ know anything about it! >.<)
I don't know about the image stealing, but hellocosplay had some good reviews on the commissioner review board. Though I have read a few minorly bad things about them. Which I don't remember what it was. But for the most part all their reviews are good.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #2718
XxInusgirlxX
Registered Arancar

NEVER EVER EVER Comission from a cosplay.com and DiviantArt user named Aneris. She ripped me off for at least 500+ i did not recieve 2 costumes beacuse they GOT LOST IN THE MAIL and recently she was trying to sell boots I had bought and sent to her TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS AND MY FRIEND TOLD ME. The two costumes I did recieve were half assed and looked like she sewed them by hand. and ill fitting.It has been almost 2 years and she is still trying to sway my hopes of getting a costume, butI am now going to file against her
XxInusgirlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #2719
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxInusgirlxX View Post
NEVER EVER EVER Comission from a cosplay.com and DiviantArt user named Aneris. She ripped me off for at least 500+ i did not recieve 2 costumes beacuse they GOT LOST IN THE MAIL and recently she was trying to sell boots I had bought and sent to her TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS AND MY FRIEND TOLD ME. The two costumes I did recieve were half assed and looked like she sewed them by hand. and ill fitting.It has been almost 2 years and she is still trying to sway my hopes of getting a costume, butI am now going to file against her
I second this. My bank is currently in a dispute with her for my money back. Her work is beginner work at best, but what she sent me was complete garbage and not wearable. Also, she missed her due date by over a month (it would have been longer, but I filed to get my money back)...and what she sent me was only one cosplay when I ordered two. The one she did send me wasn't even completed. I will have pictures posted and a review of my experience in the commissioner review thread.

Please avoid all contact with this person when it comes to commissions.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #2720
Alisana

doublepshop2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Efreet View Post
Hi everyone. I just posted about this commissioner on the other thread, but I thought I would go ahead and ask here anyways.

Does anyone know anything about doublepshop2008 on Ebay?

Also, as far as I can tell, there are no reviews for them in the commissioner review thread. Thanks everyone.
Hi there,

I had four cosplays commissioned by those guys for April 2010 and I was very impressed with the level of work.

I haven't gotten around to posting other photos yet of the other cosplays, but this is one that I got them to make by submitting photos of my character and they did a really good job of it: http://fav.me/d2o8o1h

If you have any questions, just drop me a message... I come on here occasionally so may take me a few days XD

Enjoy! And good luck!
Alisana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #2721
Arong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I actually thought about buying from them before. Good thing I don't trust ebayers with out any reviews on cosplay.com for the most part.

Actually, that's black mail. Just to get a refund to leave them a positive review. You should be able to file a dispute with ebay if you don't get a refund on your wig. Because ebay protects you and makes sure you receive what was advertised.

So if you haven't already you should try if it's not too late for you.
thank you so much
Arong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #2722
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Smile

do this seller look ok:[/ wigs look good ,fit my big head]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Naruto-Uchiha-Sa...em3a5e0a 6659
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #2723
Keirii21
Only half sane.

DONT go on www.carrotanime.com,

Ugh,

Naoi Ayato- Angel Beats!
Yuri Lowell- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Ezreal (Default skin)- League of Legends

XBL: Fimbulvinter13
Keirii21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 02:25 AM   #2724
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirii21 View Post
DONT go on www.carrotanime.com,

Ugh,
They have had several poor reviews in the Commissioner Review thread for years.. if you went there, you probably should have checked.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #2725
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
They have had several poor reviews in the Commissioner Review thread for years.. if you went there, you probably should have checked.
Not everyone has been here long, nor knows how to use the forums and search...it's better to be helpful to those that are new. Just my two cents.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #2726
Keirii21
Only half sane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Not everyone has been here long, nor knows how to use the forums and search...it's better to be helpful to those that are new. Just my two cents.
Thank you ^-^

Naoi Ayato- Angel Beats!
Yuri Lowell- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Ezreal (Default skin)- League of Legends

XBL: Fimbulvinter13
Keirii21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #2727
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoPanda View Post
do this seller look ok:[/ wigs look good ,fit my big head]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Naruto-Uchiha-Sa...em3a5e0a 6659
The wig looks nice, but I'm not sure if I would go for them because they don't have a ton of feed back and their new. I wouldn't always go for the cheapest on ebay. There's a few ebay shops I could recommend for wigs, the one shop you'd have to style the wig yourself, but I think the others would have a Sasuke wig. Any hoo. If you really want to try them out then go for it. I normally don't worry about trying out a store I'm not sure of because ebay covers the cost of the item and shipping and you can get all your money back if they never ship your item or send you a crappy item that's different from the pic. So it's your call. I mostly don't risk it if I need the item at a certain time and don't have time to wait if some thing goes wrong.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #2728
SakkyxHaruno
ClownxPrincess

My computer won't let me search the thread... ;_;
Does anyone know anything about Cosplay Fu?
{Cosplays in progress}
Rogue (X-Men) 50% - Sylveon (Pokémon Gijinka) 65% - Black Cat (The Amazing Spider-Man) 60%
SakkyxHaruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #2729
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakkyxHaruno View Post
My computer won't let me search the thread... ;_;
Does anyone know anything about Cosplay Fu?
They send out their stuff rather quickly, and you get whats in the picture. Just most of the time, they're costumes aren't very accurate to the show. So just know, what you see is what you get.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #2730
howdoimakethis

Hi, does anyone know if Limebarb is a reliable and safe commissioner currently? I asked for a Final Fantasy costume quote, and it is quite expensive for each piece of the costume. Even one piece can buy an entire costume from eBay or something, so I'm just wondering if their prices are really worth spending and if I will get the costume of my dreams.

Thanks!
howdoimakethis is offline   Reply With Quote