Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.78 average.
Unread 02-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #3481
ZypherDragon24

I'm tossing my hat in here and just want to put a warning on Aka Cosplay. Apparently they have a somewhat trustworthy community but after their latest cosplay accident with shipping and the item in question getting to the person later than the expedited shipping time, I would be careful with making a commission with them.

Join the cause, give AfterlifeUSEC your heart ~ [http://afterlifeusec.deviantart.com/]
ZypherDragon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #3482
shuugoami

so I was thinking of ordering a costume from cosplaywholesale.com. I cant seem to find any reviews on them. I would like to give it a try considering they only accept paypal and if they are bogus I can get my money back, but has anyone bought from them before?
shuugoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #3483
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuugoami View Post
so I was thinking of ordering a costume from cosplaywholesale.com. I cant seem to find any reviews on them. I would like to give it a try considering they only accept paypal and if they are bogus I can get my money back, but has anyone bought from them before?
not to be a downer, but this isnt always true. if they take longer then 45 days to get it to you (and if they say anything about "commissioning" the item they will take longer to act like they are actually making it rather then already having it ready to ship, like they actually do), then you either dont receive it, or its not as shown, then no, you cant get your money back.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #3484
shuugoami

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
not to be a downer, but this isnt always true. if they take longer then 45 days to get it to you (and if they say anything about "commissioning" the item they will take longer to act like they are actually making it rather then already having it ready to ship, like they actually do), then you either dont receive it, or its not as shown, then no, you cant get your money back.
Yes, you can. After the 45 day period, you have to call them and reopen the case saying you still havent gotten your item. At that time, they (the seller) has 10 business days to respond and come to a conclusion with you, if they dont contact you, you recieve your money back.
Unread 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #3485
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Yes, you can. After the 45 day period, you have to call them and reopen the case saying you still havent gotten your item. At that time, they (the seller) has 10 business days to respond and come to a conclusion with you, if they dont contact you, you recieve your money back.
I have tried this and PayPal does nothing but put a flag or mark on the seller and supposedly monitors them. Even one day after 45 days, PayPal does no help for you...as this has happened twice to me and they did nothing. When it has happened within the 45 day mark, they do help. I had to go through my bank to get my money back after the 45 day mark. Maybe they give people special treatment over others, but from my personal experience, they do nothing to help after 45 days.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3486
JasonTerror

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I have tried this and PayPal does nothing but put a flag or mark on the seller and supposedly monitors them. Even one day after 45 days, PayPal does no help for you...as this has happened twice to me and they did nothing. When it has happened within the 45 day mark, they do help. I had to go through my bank to get my money back after the 45 day mark. Maybe they give people special treatment over others, but from my personal experience, they do nothing to help after 45 days.
this is exactly what i was talking about.

have you actually GOTTEN a refund after the 45 day mark? if you havent, then you probably should assume you will like that. if you have, then i dont know how you managed to make them do it, cuz they normally wont
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #3487
shuugoami

Quote:
this is exactly what i was talking about.

have you actually GOTTEN a refund after the 45 day mark? if you havent, then you probably should assume you will like that. if you have, then i dont know how you managed to make them do it, cuz they normally wont
I bought an item from a seller on ecrater and they sent me the wrong item. I got the item about 35 or so days later, and the size was incorrect. I then went through about a month of trying to get my money back from the seller, who was trying to get me to pay to return the other and then pay shipping on the new costume they were trying to force me to get. So I called paypal and they said that the seller had 10 bus. days to contact them or i'd recieve my money back automatically. If they do contact, paypal is supposed to try and help reach an agreement. So no, I havent gotten it back yet.
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #3488
shuugoami

If they are paypal verified does that make them any safer to buy from?
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #3489
JasonTerror

Quote:
I bought an item from a seller on ecrater and they sent me the wrong item. I got the item about 35 or so days later, and the size was incorrect. I then went through about a month of trying to get my money back from the seller, who was trying to get me to pay to return the other and then pay shipping on the new costume they were trying to force me to get. So I called paypal and they said that the seller had 10 bus. days to contact them or i'd recieve my money back automatically. If they do contact, paypal is supposed to try and help reach an agreement. So no, I havent gotten it back yet.
ok, did you notice you said 35 days. thats within the time frame. that can take as long as they want. i wasnt saying that if the claim takes longer then the 45th day after the sale it doesnt matter. im saying if you START the claim after 45 days (as in waiting and not doing anything til then) then you wont get anything.

and shuugoami, yes and no. yes cuz before that 45 days theres a much better chance at getting your money back, but no cuz as said above, if they take longer then 45 days, and lets say you file a claim on the 46th day, you just lost money.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #3490
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
If they are paypal verified does that make them any safer to buy from?
No, verified means that their mailing address has been entered and is legit. So if you want to pursue a civil action or something, you have an address to send the attorney's letters to.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #3491
shuugoami

Quote:
ok, did you notice you said 35 days. thats within the time frame. that can take as long as they want. i wasnt saying that if the claim takes longer then the 45th day after the sale it doesnt matter. im saying if you START the claim after 45 days (as in waiting and not doing anything til then) then you wont get anything.

and shuugoami, yes and no. yes cuz before that 45 days theres a much better chance at getting your money back, but no cuz as said above, if they take longer then 45 days, and lets say you file a claim on the 46th day, you just lost money.
Yeah, we have decided to make the costume instead and decided not to trust the site.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #3492
JasonTerror

Quote:
Yeah, we have decided to make the costume instead and decided not to trust the site.
thats probably you best way to go lol
the few costumes ive bought (other then my orgxiii coat) i shouldve had made..i dont like the products i get..i always have to change a ton of shit on them..the org coat ive seen on others though and they are the only one that make it the way they do, so i know it looks good. but still..id rather hve things hand made my trusted people or myself
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3493
Lerei X

I dont know if this is the correct thread for this but I just found a website, Limebarb, is it a legit shop? im planning to order something from them. i have read reviews but i want to hear from actual people as well.
Lerei X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #3494
PrincessHime

you can use search box and type limebarb, you can see the reviews from people here
PrincessHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #3495
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerei X View Post
I dont know if this is the correct thread for this but I just found a website, Limebarb, is it a legit shop? im planning to order something from them. i have read reviews but i want to hear from actual people as well.
I wouldn't recommend it. Several years ago she did decent costumes, but basically, she doesn't care about the business anymore and will both massively overcharge you and either send you a piece of crap, or nothing at all. There's quite a lot of reviews on this site that can attest to the quality of her commissions going down the tubes in the last few years.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote