Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 189 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #3496
ShadowCharizard
Pokétopia Master

There are so many sites that claim to sell different Spider-Man zentai suits, but I keep seeing all the same (stock?) photos. I can't, for the life of me, tell the genuine quality of these costumes. Are there any recommendations (or warnings) as to what zentai commissioners I should look out for?
ShadowCharizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #3497
Madame Malice

Commissioner Illinafli -ongoing situation

In May I commissioned a wig from Illinafli to be styled like Black Butler's Undertaker. I was quoted $90 and I paid that to her via paypal. The original deal was that I would have the wig by the end of June for AFO on August 3rd.
6/9 She PM'd she had the wig and it would be ready to send out soon.
Near the end of June, I PM'd her and asked if we were still on schedule.
6/25--She says she sent it out last week, but forgot to let me know.
6/26- she says she sent it Canada post, but it may come back to her.
6/27- she says she could not get a tracking # for the shipment.
7/6- I email her that I realize I had not given her my address.
7/6- she answers and says it was not my wig she shipped. And if I get her the address, she will ship it "tomorrow". I PM'd back my address the same night.
7/11- she says the wig is packed and she is putting the label on it "now". This was the last message I received from her as of today, 7/18
7/13- I PM that I will be leaving for Orlando on the 1st, and I do say that if I don't get the wig in time for the con, I will be asking for my money back.
7/18- while I'm online, I see she is too, so I PM and ask for the date she shipped and if there's problem I need to know about. I get no answer and then the indication shows she's no longer online.

I'm 13 days out before I leave for the con and no wig. If things change and I get my wig, I'll update this post

Last edited by Madame Malice : 07-18-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: obviously I can't spell Canada
Madame Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #3498
outkin
so i hear u like mudkips?

the amount if sites that scam for cosplay costume is shocking. people are taking advantage of it for the fact that its one of those objects that are hard to get since there isent a cosplay store around the corner. so they take advantage of cosplayers who either cant make what there looking for or don't have the time too.

its why im extremely hesitant about ordering my Fay D Florite cosplay costume. my past cosplays have been ones ive all made, or had a friend help me with. now that im not going to be able to see them as often. its alot harder to rely on my friend who can sew unlike me xD
outkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #3499
VionDevil

here's a scammer to add :
http://jwieger82.deviantart.com/
jwieger82@yahoo.com
paypal:familytreeclimber@yahoo.com

stole 150 dollars, pursuing legal actions..ill let you know how it goes!
VionDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #3500
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

I've got one to add to the list, as far as I know they're only on DeviantArt as DevilCosplaysxCO.

I placed a prop commission with them in March of this year with a deadline of the second week in July. They took the commission and said it could be done easily. At first they stayed in contact with me and sent two pictures of one of the props. As my deadline drew closer, they stopped responding to my emails. The deadline and convention came and went and a month later I got an email from them (after messaging them five times with no reply) about them saying the entered my zip code wrong and the props came back damaged. They said they would repair them and sent it back out with a refund since they missed the deadline. That was in August. I've emailed them multiple times since, but heard nothing back. Definitely steer clear! My experience was a bad one but I don't know if others have had good ones or not. I just wanted to get the word out.
Vaas Montenegro - Far Cry 3
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil Movie
DeviantArt
Tumblr
MaryWesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #3501
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I just recently commissioned from coskingdom on ebay. Honestly one of the cheaper prices I could find on ebay (I found cheaper then this seller but didn't really trust it) as I didn't want to spend over 100 dollars. I ordered CC's prison uniform from Code Geass but I had to have it custom made because all the ready made sizes weren't big enough for me. They did a good job keeping in contact with me and it took them about a month to make the costume and less then 2 weeks to get to me. The costume wasn't even horrible quality and I'm sure they ripped off the pics because I saw several of the same ebay sellers selling that costume using the same image. Thing I like about ebay is I can experiment with new sellers and see if I like them or not and get my money back if the item is poor.

Any way, I'll wrap this up because I tend to ramble. They did a good job making it, only issue was the costume was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight in the crotch region and even the shoulders were tight. Every other part of the suit fit like a glove. I even gave them an extra inch or two on my shoulders and an extra inch on the inseam. Now I have to have my friend help me alter it so I don't have a giant wedgie and camel toe. lol I seriously laughed so hard when I tried it on.

So if your looking for a decent cheaper commissioner (they have lots of premade cosplay costumes but I had to get mine custom made because their sizes run small) I would recommend them, but just be weary of the costume being small or maybe too snug. Like I said I gave them an extra inch or two on important areas of the costume and too tight. They are also located in China or Japan? But they are very timely with shipping, though if you have to get a custom order I would do it atleast 2 months in advance to be on the safe side.

I wanted to mention I am an average sized women, not to justify myself but because they're an Asian seller they run small. I think they go biggest to XL or XXL in premade but my issues with premade costumes/clothing is always my bust and hips because I have an hourglass figure. I don't know how it is for men but I imagine men's sizing runs small too.

http://stores.ebay.com/coskingdom

And if you want pics of my costume, I'll have to take them after my friend finishes altering it for me. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)

Last edited by Kawaii Pocky : 01-24-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: sizing
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #3502
misuki54

I commissioned a mafia miss fortune costume in October 2012 from this user http://www.cosplay.com/member/84012/ it was supposed to be finished in a couple months, but when the time came she needed more time due to multiple costumes. Ok that was fine, but I told her the date of the cons I was attending and I heard no word form her until a couple weeks after I was supposed to receive my costume. Even now I am still trying to get in touch with her about it to get my money back but still nothing!

She seems nice, but would not recommend for a commission.
misuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #3503
InsanityDragon
Sanity? What is that?

Cosplaysky.com is a huge hit and miss, and everyone I've spoken to has gotten a miss... They have an Ebay account, I'm pretty sure.
EMC

Cosplays:
Black Rock Shooter
Grell Sutcliff
Maid!Grell Sutcliff
Jack Frost
Pirate!France
Fem!Sherlock
Junko Enoshima

In-Progress:
Harley Quinn (regular and steampunk)
Paige/Human!Notebook
Lady Sutcliff/Robin!Grell
Maid!Levi Ackerman
InsanityDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #3504
gman1

Watch Out For Tsukune_Twilight Knight Cosplay Creations

Here's where you will find Tsukune's thread about me 9th thread done.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=320956

This is my response to Tsukune garbage also, Tsukune is her cosplay.com username she maybe using it for other site

Okay Tsukune let me tell my side keep in mind that I sent the full payment February 5th for the commission. When I sent you my info. that I wanted my Cosplay May 1st, need for Colossalcon 2013 you lost my email so I had to tell you again about the due date. Yes I did miss state the date in a resend email May 31st. I had to email and email you to get strait answers and even then I did not get all what I asked. For example, the Natsu cosplay I asked for a commission on Natsu's Time Skip copsplay (rob, belt, and pants) and how much extra for his bottom rob and vest you replied 110 dollar which I thought was low, but I thought okay whatever. When sending me an email that you where almost finished I asked about the vest and bottom rob you did not know what I was talking about. I re-emailed the emails asking about the vest and bottom rob, still would not go good. You did not mention that I was working great with you even gave you more time up until this point. I told you then fine just get me my Time Skip Natsu cosplay before I leave for Colossalcon. I did not get a progress picture until May 28th. My cosplay was delivered June 3rd late (deadline May 31st) you did pay for express shipping but you made it sound like I should be grateful that you were doing it. But still I had to pay a portion of the shipping. You did offer a free hat but all I wanted was my cosplay.

Picking apart your work? The trim was yellow suppose to be orange. You keep saying it was yellow, it's orange. You told me that yellow trim is what other cosplayers had that you saw online. Why are you looking online I sent you pictures. I don't care what others had I wanted what the character wears. If you could not find orange you should have talked to me before producing it. You emailed me on the color of the rob why not with the trim. The back shoulder of the sleeve it attaches to the arm was bunch up. When I went to bend my elbow and hold it my arm started going numb. Also the length of sleeve was short. The belt in front was loose which would have been no problem but you sewed the belt to the rob if I tightened it would have looked weirder. The belt buckle was not painted all the way, let that one go. I did take it to a person that does commissions. You want to know what she found when she un-sewed the sleeve from the shoulder a hole Tsukune you tried covering it up! She fix other things as well. Yes I did find someone else to doing commission for me that right and she is awesome!!!! I was going to email you a picture of the hole, thought no it over and done just leave it alone. Also, at the convention the zipper thread where it was attach to the rob was coming undone did not email about that. You only told me that you where journeyman level when things were not going good for you. I am sorry you lost your job but you would think you would be hard at work getting commissions done to get money. All I wanted was what I paid for. If your personal life got in the way you should have refunded me my money.

I checked your website looked to be great work. I even asked you about your work I can't remember exact word you said but was something like. I am talented and passionate when it come to making cosplay. You forgot to mention that you afford to make one more cosplay for me at a discount who does that unless the know that they did something wrong.

I did not want to write this but, I will defend my name when people falsely smear it. I have the emails and the pictures to back up my clams. I will never do business with Tsukune again. Her web business name is Twilight Knight Cosplay Creations.

I sent this bottom portion as a email to cosplay.com was set back as failed delivery if anyone can help me get this through the help would be great.

Hello a user posted a thread on your website one of the rules is that you can not give real name but it's been up since June and it still up. How did it ever get past the review it just not right. I respond using her user name and real name but my response was not posted why? Her is a link to her thread keep in mind that she throw the first punch. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=320956 Here's where you will find Tsukune's thread about me 9th thread done.

I would like her threads about me remove. My alias is gman1 not Garry Tatrow and not gtatrow. If the thread with just my real name is removed I am requesting that this bottom portion below be posted on that thread. Titled: My Side

This is my response to Tsukune garbage also, Tsukune is her cosplay.com username she maybe using it for other site

Okay Tsukune let me tell my side keep in mind that I sent the full payment February 5th for the commission. When I sent you my info. that I wanted my Cosplay May 1st, need for Colossalcon 2013 you lost my email so I had to tell you again about the due date. Yes I did miss state the date in a resend email May 31st. I had to email and email you to get strait answers and even then I did not get all what I asked. For example, the Natsu cosplay I asked for a commission on Natsu's Time Skip copsplay (rob, belt, and pants) and how much extra for his bottom rob and vest you replied 110 dollar which I thought was low, but I thought okay whatever. When sending me an email that you where almost finished I asked about the vest and bottom rob you did not know what I was talking about. I re-emailed the emails asking about the vest and bottom rob, still would not go good. You did not mention that I was working great with you even gave you more time up until this point. I told you then fine just get me my Time Skip Natsu cosplay before I leave for Colossalcon. I did not get a progress picture until May 28th. My cosplay was delivered June 3rd late (deadline May 31st) you did pay for express shipping but you made it sound like I should be grateful that you were doing it. But still I had to pay a portion of the shipping. You did offer a free hat but all I wanted was my cosplay.

Picking apart your work? The trim was yellow suppose to be orange. You keep saying it was yellow, it's orange. You told me that yellow trim is what other cosplayers had that you saw online. Why are you looking online I sent you pictures. I don't care what others had I wanted what the character wears. If you could not find orange you should have talked to me before producing it. You emailed me on the color of the rob why not with the trim. The back shoulder of the sleeve it attaches to the arm was bunch up. When I went to bend my elbow and hold it my arm started going numb. Also the length of sleeve was short. The belt in front was loose which would have been no problem but you sewed the belt to the rob if I tightened it would have looked weirder. The belt buckle was not painted all the way, let that one go. I did take it to a person that does commissions. You want to know what she found when she un-sewed the sleeve from the shoulder a hole Tsukune you tried covering it up! She fix other things as well. Yes I did find someone else to doing commission for me that right and she is awesome!!!! I was going to email you a picture of the hole, thought no it over and done just leave it alone. Also, at the convention the zipper thread where it was attach to the rob was coming undone did not email about that. You only told me that you where journeyman level when things were not going good for you. I am sorry you lost your job but you would think you would be hard at work getting commissions done to get money. All I wanted was what I paid for. If your personal life got in the way you should have refunded me my money.

I checked your website looked to be great work. I even asked you about your work I can't remember exact word you said but was something like. I am talented and passionate when it come to making cosplay. You forgot to mention that you afford to make one more cosplay for me at a discount who does that unless the know that they did something wrong.

I did not want to write this but, I will defend my name when people falsely smear it. I have the emails and the pictures to back up my clams. I will never do business with Tsukune again. Her web business name is Twilight Knight Cosplay Creations.
gman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #3505
Mulan

Scammed by Sherryval - Use Caution!

Purchased a $250 custom Disney cosplay/Halloween costume from etsy seller Sherryval (Imogen's Sherryval Etsy Shop AKA SherryImogen and ImogenVal) in Sep 2013. Sherryval agreed to ship costume in time for Halloween. After failing to ship the costume on the agreed date, there was no way it was going to arrive for Halloween . She never made my costume, lied several times about having made it/shipped it and after many delays and excuses eventually admitted that she had never made it and would refund my money. She told me she processed the refund several times and lied about why it hadn't gone through. (She never initiated the refund.) She stopped replying to my e-mails asking her for the status of the refund.

I found that she opened a new shop at www.sherryimogen.wix.com/sewsmitten (formally known as www.sewsmitten.net). When I contacted her through the new site the seller was openly hostile and refused to refund me, stating she shouldn't have to foot the bill for my mistake (I paid her for a costume, never received anything) and that she does not do refunds. As of Apr 2014 I still do not have my refund. My belief in her multiple lies caused me to be unable to report this to etsy, paypal or my credit card in time to initiate a chargeback.

Last edited by Mulan : 06-20-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: new information
Mulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #3506
msraedelarge
Hell's Gate

Exclamation Beware of seller ArtumeMoon (scammer)

EDIT (5/6/14): I have just received all of the items from the seller (and I let her know so)--better late than never.

----
Just wanted to post this warning so others don’t get scammed by this seller.

Name of Seller: ArtumeMoon (name/email on PayPal: Susan Echard/artumemoon45@gmail.com)

Link to ad on Marketplace:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...t/67175/cat/14

Links to websites and profile:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...php?uid=199058
http://www.cosplay.com/member/199058/
https://www.facebook.com/artemismooncosplay45
http://artemismoon45.deviantart.com

Timeline:
Initial facebook communication: 4/10/14
Money sent: 4/11/14
Item: never shipped

I bought something from her recently, paid her $135 + fees (of course I should have questioned her preferring payment as friends/family via PayPal—that's my fault and I’ve learned my lesson), and she kept saying that she would ship it and she hasn't. She claimed that she was slammed at work and going through personal stuff, even though during the initial back and forth emailing, she was very quick to reply and answer any questions I have.

I paid on April 11th and the last communication was me messaging her on 4/23/14. I know she has been active due to her other website pages (she was active on here just last night), but now that she has blocked me on Facebook with no explanation, I cannot see/reach her that way.

Please beware of this seller.

Past/ongoing cosplays:
Jubilee - X-Men // Nora Valkyrie - RWBY// Kurenai Yūhi - Naruto // Yui - Angel Beats! // Nyota Uhura - Star Trek: TOS // Kahlan Amnell/Mother Confessor - Sword of Truth/Legend of the Seeker // Black Alice (DC comics)

pondering for 2015:
Lubbock - Akame ga Kiru!

Last edited by msraedelarge : 05-06-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: update
msraedelarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #3507
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonvii View Post
Do not trust the commisioner Kyte27!!! He stole money from me!!
This poster, wherever they are, were right. About 9 months ago, I contacted Kyte27 on deviantart for a commission. He asked me what my budget was, I told him and we made a deal. Then I sent payment, and after a couple weeks? Nothing. No response or update of any kind. I sent a message asking for an update. No response. After a couple months? Still nothing. I sent yet another message, and I was still ignored. Finally, after all this time, I sent yet another message, still no response, no apology, no refund of my money... I was stolen from and here I am.

Buyer beware holds true here. I realize there's nothing I can do at this point, no way to get that money back, but I CAN at the very least spread the word to those thinking about commissioning Kyte27. He took my money and hasn't said a word, so I would recommend finding someone else. Don't bother with him. There's a good chance you'll get burned if you do.

Now taking costume, prop and armor commissions!

Current Projects: N7 Armor (Mass Effect 2); N7 Fatigues (Mass Effect 3); Mjolnir Mk. V Helmet (Halo); Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII/Dissidia)

Planned: Jaune Arc (RWBY)

Last edited by BlacklightSora : 05-03-2014 at 08:07 PM.
BlacklightSora is offline   Reply With Quote