Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 193 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #496
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuseruRokusesu
BEWARE of Tssy on Ebay.

I just got my Sora costume from them... and the pants are too tight.
Question:
Before posting the commissioner here, did you try to contact her/him and point out the issue/ request something be done about it like a partial refund or a replacement? I know I made the mistake of making something too small and luckily the customer contacted me and I replaced them at no cost.

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #497
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

okay I am going to ask about these guys. Just wanna see if they are good or not^__^
http://www.dream-angels.net/
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #498
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

The dream angels girls are excellent ^_^ I'm working with them right now; they have great communication and I adore their work--and they're quite professional, which is rather rare in our field.
Highly recommended :>

And Admin got back to me; he said he won't be renewing cosunion's ad contract when it runs out, which is splendid of him. They still have their stolen pictures listed; a shame.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #499
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimette View Post
Hey guys, can you email me at hotarusan@gmail.com or PM me here on cosplay.com with all of your information that you have on Narutoboy13 so that I can compile it to send to the mods? I am working on putting it together but I need as much as you guys can send over to get this little scammer off of these forums.
I recently PMed Karisu-sama regarding my complaints with him. When I told him i would commissioned a Sasuke costume for him he PMed me about 5 times a day asking the same questions and telling me to get online. Then when I replied he said he found someone who would do it for him for $60. Pathetic. I'm sure if he keeps begging someone to do it cheaply for him, they're more likely to run off with his money. If more and more people complain to the mods I'm sure he's likely going to get banned.
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #500
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Damn. I'm sorry that he got you too Miyori ;_;

Well it doesn't matter now. He has been officially banned as of yesterday evening when I sent over all the evidence that you guys have been sending me. Now we can all conduct ourselves in our normal peaceful manner.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #501
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
The dream angels girls are excellent ^_^ I'm working with them right now; they have great communication and I adore their work--and they're quite professional, which is rather rare in our field.
Highly recommended :>

And Admin got back to me; he said he won't be renewing cosunion's ad contract when it runs out, which is splendid of him. They still have their stolen pictures listed; a shame.

i noticed their ad finally is gone. It says advertising here" now.

It kindy sad, if narutoboy was less demanding and no harrasing people about prices for costumes. Im sure someone would of made his costume with no problem and with a parent consultance form. oh well thats over now.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #502
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

wow if Dream Angel is that good I am sold...

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #503
sylus
its a conspiricy

i just wanted to let people know that if they get contacted by someone with the e-mail address IrishStang96@aol.com , dont do buisness with them. my cousin had this person make him proton pack (ghostbusters) and he was royaly screwed out of his money. the thing was built incorrectly, only held together by hot glue, and a sloppy job at that. there is a larg crack in one section and peices are falling off...
i could go on but i just wanted to let people know about this person. i'm not sure what his name is but thats his e-mail and thats how he contacted my cousin. he found him on a forum and sent him an e-mail...
hope this helps some people.
-sylus
sylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #504
dizzylizzy
I sew things

First, SO glad narutoboy13 is gone. He was harrassing me as well. I repoted him soooo many times. Bleh!!

Second, let's say you know someone who chats on line with you once in a while and you know they haven't sewn since home ec. Then.... they get hired for a commission even though they have never made a costume. And..... they post in the commissioner's thread about having a lot of experience? Let's say you also know that they do not know key elements in sewing. : /

I don't want someone to find a "bad commissioner" and have commissioners look like money stealers. But, I also can't report them because there's no proof besides an IM conversation outside c.com? I also don't want to hurt their feelings even though I already told them it was a highly bad idea (before they posted on c.com). :/

Meh....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #505
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Lizzy- i know how you feel. I'm in the exact same situation. Maybe you can PM me and we can see if this person is the same?
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #506
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

We should have a thread for people NOT to accept business from...

I've had a few jokers change dates on me or confirm commission spots when they actually don't plan on paying. etc etc....

~Luna

EDIT: I'm also going to say that I always require full payment before even ordering materials. Of course my costumes are very material heavy.

Oh and I use a freeserver because HTML code is terribly hard for me. I speak three languages but computer stuff... not my thing. I'd be willing to pay someone a small yearly price to do a nice site for me. I just haven't found the person....

Last edited by lunaladyoflight : 12-12-2006 at 10:41 PM.
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #507
AnnAnime

I promise you guys that was not narutoboy13 and the person that posted that is a freind of mine. I'm sorry dizzy lizzy but you can't just say he'll be bad because he has no Examples yet. Look at me for Example... when I first started commissioning for people, I didn;t have all these costumes to show off... I only had one costume to show off. Then someone came along and gave me a chance and now look at me.

You have to start somewhere and I don't care who you are, but you're not going to magically have alot of costumes to show off.

For me, I had sewn since I was 4 years old and I had made various things and I was good at it so when I made my first costume, I started from there.

I think that was wrong of you to just jump all over my friend like that and immediatly say he would be a scammer and I understand why you did but he should be given a chance to show what he can do. With Narutoboy13 it was very different, he harrassed many people and was never ever seriouse when asking for a commission and he wanted everything for free and someone who does that definitly should not be trusted.

Anyway my point is everyone has to start somewhere and why not here? I'm even getting him to make me a few things for myself for AWA next year.

I'm not trying to start an argument though but I just had to say that because it;s very true that you have to start somewhere.
Unread 12-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #508
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

I've gotta agree with Ann on this one. Everybody starts somewhere. Whereas I don't think that such a person could command the higher pricetag that some of more experienced sewers could, I don't think it is right to just write them off just because they haven't built their portfolio yet.

Also, it greatly depends on what they are making. If they are making small things to build their portfolio and skill it is one thing, but I don't think anybody other than Narutoboy13 would try to claim they can do "ANYTHING". If they are, that is one thing, but at least give them a chance. They may very well prove us all wrong.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #509
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Well, it turns out DizzyLizzy and I are talking about the same person. I realize everyone needs a chance, but the person in question doesn't know the basics of sewing, and is trying to start off by doing a costume that (I hate to sound mean, but) is *way* out of their ability range.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #510
AnnAnime

You don't even know him so how do you know what he's able to do or not able to do?

If you are talking about being able to tell all the names of different stitches and sewing terms... I couldn't even tell you that even if you quized me on it, I just do it..... I mean it's actually not that hard... and anyone can accomplish anything if they really want to and try hard enough and you can't tell me any different. You need to just leave him be and let him try instead of trying to bring him down... he does have feelings after all.

I'm going to get him to make me some things and then you'll see what he can do since you seem like you don't want to give him a chance even though you say you understand that everyone needs a chance and has to start somewhere.