Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 01-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #46
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

http://stores.ebay.com/honestdragonchina ok found her. and she still a register ebay member. just that she stop making costume due their is a chinease festival and she be out for 3 weeks, and you can still contact her through email and tell what costume you want. so that concludes she isn;t hiding from noone and she isn't bad.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)

Last edited by Ludger03 : 01-19-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #47
AmazonMandy

O.o Thats weird...i had her marked to watch the costumes she makes in my Favorites, and less than a week ago they had her flagged for "no longer being registered" and i removed her!

(and i didn't say she was bad, i dont know anything about her buisness...i just thought she dissapeared)...man..everyones all jumping the gun in this thread.
AmazonMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #48
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonMandy
O.o Thats weird...i had her marked to watch the costumes she makes in my Favorites, and less than a week ago they had her flagged for "no longer being registered" and i removed her!

(and i didn't say she was bad, i dont know anything about her buisness...i just thought she dissapeared)...man..everyones all jumping the gun in this thread.

oh no im not going against you im not that type of person. hehe ^^"", just common mistakes and confusement for this happens to me.
that soo weird, must be ebay becuase sometimes it won't show the last purchase i bought until abit later or the next day. so this ebay fault and i respect your thoughts and concern, which is good you can;t never trust anyone if this did happen.
Unread 01-20-2006, 01:55 AM   #49
DayDreamerNessa
daydreamer

I would also like to put up limebarb as well.

I had a uniform comissioned from her. I had specific dates; I wanted it a month before the convention so that if it had problems, I could have them fixed in a reasonable time, which she agreed to doing.

I had poor contact throughout the experience. I had sent numerous emails during the period of comissioning. When the month came before the convention I had wanted it for, I received a response a few days after the beginning of the month It wasn't even from Limebarb either! It was from a helper, who was apologizing for her in the email.

When I received said comission on the DAY of the convention, I was sorely pissed, and became even more upset when my dad said I should check out the sailor collar because there were some small stains on them(luckily not noticeable in photo's).

Keep in mind that this was a year and 1/2 ago so things may have changed, though I have a friend who comissioned something from Limebarb as well, and had the same issue of tardiness. Either way, if I could've gone back I would've made it myself =(
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #50
+Gogo+
Calamity Jane~<3

I think the biggest thing with scammers is they know that most people want to get high quality for cheaper and they charge very low prices.

Why? Because they know they can get someone to "commission" from them for a cheaper price. But the people that want to commission don't really think about things - how much materials are, shipping, etc. And most commissioners don't do work for free, so that should set it off right there. If someone wants to sell you a wig and it seems too good to be true (cheap and good), it's probably IS too good to be true.

But then again, you also have these customers that are really rude and what have you, but that's another thread entirely. :/
Unread 01-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #51
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Gogo+
I think the biggest thing with scammers is they know that most people want to get high quality for cheaper and they charge very low prices.
That is one way scammers can fish for victims. They also probably use Paypal to carry out their schemes. All they need to do is stall for more than X days (I think it was 45 days) and Paypal is not obligated to invesitgate fraud.

Paypal is both a boon and a curse.

It's more important to get a mailing address, and then test it before any money changes hands.

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #52
+Gogo+
Calamity Jane~<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriol
That is one way scammers can fish for victims. They also probably use Paypal to carry out their schemes. All they need to do is stall for more than X days (I think it was 45 days) and Paypal is not obligated to invesitgate fraud.

Paypal is both a boon and a curse.

It's more important to get a mailing address, and then test it before any money changes hands.
That's true, but some people have post office boxes. Like myself. I had to get one to ensure that I would get my mail. >_>

But if you think about it, there's really no way you can safeguard against scammers, unless you use a check. B/c they have to have a bank account and the bank has their information and what have you, but on the commissioner side of things, checks can bounce (I had this happen with me).

And it is one way to fish, because people don't seem to get that cosplay is a hobby. And all hobbies are expensive. Except maybe rock collecting. :/
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #53
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

thats so true. well its best to watch and carefully observe the people who your going to commission, but then again that a problem, many have many accounts to go with so its hard to track this people.
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #54
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Quote:

Why? Because they know they can get someone to "commission" from them for a cheaper price. But the people that want to commission don't really think about things - how much materials are, shipping, etc. And most commissioners don't do work for free, so that should set it off right there. If someone wants to sell you a wig and it seems too good to be true (cheap and good), it's probably IS too good to be true.

But then again, you also have these customers that are really rude and what have you, but that's another thread entirely. :/
SO true! I just had someone want a quote on a wig for InuYasha, and I lost their business because they said they found someone who could do it for $50. Whoever THAT is, I bid them luck. You figure, the cost of an x-long wig, material for ears, and extensions (not include shipping, use of tools, styrofoam head, and wigcap) would already be over that much :/

Eh. Like you said, people want things as cheap as possible.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #55
+Gogo+
Calamity Jane~<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Miko
SO true! I just had someone want a quote on a wig for InuYasha, and I lost their business because they said they found someone who could do it for $50. Whoever THAT is, I bid them luck. You figure, the cost of an x-long wig, material for ears, and extensions (not include shipping, use of tools, styrofoam head, and wigcap) would already be over that much :/

Eh. Like you said, people want things as cheap as possible.
LOL! A long length wig itself is $55. That person is going to get scammed.

And fur is soo expensive. $25 bucks or so a yard.

I got one for you better than that. I quoted someone $152 for a Sora wig from Kingdom Hearts (it would've been $142, but I charge $10 more for shipping to Canada), and estimated 9 hours of work for the spikes and grafting hair, b/c you can just sew wefts in for spikes...and they were like "Do you really expect to use 9 hours for this wig? Let's cut a deal."

I was so pissed off.
Unread 01-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #56
coyoterose

Quote:
I got one for you better than that. I quoted someone $152 for a Sora wig from Kingdom Hearts (it would've been $142, but I charge $10 more for shipping to Canada), and estimated 9 hours of work for the spikes and grafting hair, b/c you can just sew wefts in for spikes...and they were like "Do you really expect to use 9 hours for this wig? Let's cut a deal."

I was so pissed off.
I call that "The Wal-Mart Effect". People are so accustomed to seeing the cheap, mass-produced in no-wage sweatshops import goods in discount stores that they think everything should be in that same price range. The concept of paying someone a fair wage for their time simply never crosses their mind.

It affects anyone who does "artistic" work for money. No one would ever dream of telling an architect or a doctor or a plumber to work for free, but if you're painting a portrait or making a costume you aren't supposed to charge. >_<;
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #57
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Exactly. And Gogo, your right. The wig itself WAS over $50.

Oh well. Not my fault if they get a crappy Halloween wig =P But yeah. I LOVE the WalMart effect around here. I frequently get, "Why do you charge so much?" Well dur. It's not like I can just turn to my workers and tell them to spit you out a product, and pay them minimum wage. I'm not a factory, I'm a human.

Besides, I don't charge much at ALL. My quote for the IY wig? $110. Not expensive.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #58
AnnAnime

[quote=Rain Miko]SO true! I just had someone want a quote on a wig for InuYasha, and I lost their business because they said they found someone who could do it for $50. Whoever THAT is, I bid them luck. QUOTE]

Hey that was probably me that offered that, because I want to make a better looking one than the one on my site. Just because I want to do it for cheap does not mean I'm going to scam them.... I am just willing to invest some of my time on the wig so I promote myself better. I do that from time to time.

Same thing goes for costumes too. If there's a costume I want to REALLY make badly then alot of times I give discounts on costumes. Sure I may not make much off of it but I will in the future because people are more likey to get you to do a commission if they can see a picture of a costume they want that we have done before.

I'm sorry that I took your commission, but it's not even a sure thing yet. He's waiting to get his Inuyasha costume first.

Just wanted to make that clear to everyone and to apoligize to you. By the way would this person happen to be Urmasterinuyasha? If so then that was me alright that gave him the offer and I'm sorry if I made you mad, but I only did it for advertisment only. You have to spend money sometimes when you have a bussiness.
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #59
AnnAnime

Oh and I forgot to mention that I did that with the Sango costume and the Super Sailor moon costume on my site. I only charged $100 total for each costume simply because I wanted to do Sango's and because I wanted to redo the Super Sailor Moon one. Sure, I didn't make much but in the future I will because I have 2 nice costumes up on my site and people are more likely to get a commission for a costume the commissioner has already done than getting someone to do it that has not done that one yet.

I have lost soo many commissions becuase of that and it sucks!
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #60
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

[quote=AnnAnime]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Miko
SO true! I just had someone want a quote on a wig for InuYasha, and I lost their business because they said they found someone who could do it for $50. Whoever THAT is, I bid them luck. QUOTE]

Hey that was probably me that offered that, because I want to make a better looking one than the one on my site. Just because I want to do it for cheap does not mean I'm going to scam them.... I am just willing to invest some of my time on the wig so I promote myself better. I do that from time to time.

Same thing goes for costumes too. If there's a costume I want to REALLY make badly then alot of times I give discounts on costumes. Sure I may not make much off of it but I will in the future because people are more likey to get you to do a commission if they can see a picture of a costume they want that we have done before.

I'm sorry that I took your commission, but it's not even a sure thing yet. He's waiting to get his Inuyasha costume first.

Just wanted to make that clear to everyone and to apoligize to you. By the way would this person happen to be Urmasterinuyasha? If so then that was me alright that gave him the offer and I'm sorry if I made you mad, but I only did it for advertisment only. You have to spend money sometimes when you have a bussiness.

thats a nice deal and yes its a good way to advertise stuff if you give out discounts. and no it isn;t a way to scam people. however it goes, cheap or not, people will or will not scam you, so its depends on the seller and its way to function as one.