Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 176 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #601
morbid-prince
WE EAT

WOw, this has been super helpful!! Thanks everyone

This is my first year commissioning a costume, I use to make them myself when i still have the luxury of enjoying long summers...

I ordered a Sasuke costume from honestdragon way back in 2005 when she just started, it was very good quality, I only have to make small modifications here and there. I'll post some pictures when I find them.

I've just ordered a sailor mars costume (I have doubts that it's authenic photo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=013

But having bought something from honestdragon before and was happy with it I decided to give her another try. If it ends up looking somewhat like that I'd be happy....guess I'll keep you guys updated... ^^;;;

On an unrelated topic, do any of you know where to find good references of the Organization XIII coats from KH2? Thanks!
morbid-prince is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #602
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

The thing that unnerves me about that costume photo is that this is the THIRD picture that that seller has used to represent SM costumes..... none of the photos are their's either.... They just switch their pictures around whenever they think that it suits them or something like that.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #603
Northern
Master in the field

Hey guys, just a word up...NarutoBoy13 is up to something bad...the steel Ichigo sword was a purchase he made on ebay. He told a contact of mine that he wanted it so that he could "cut people" with it. We have the feeling he may intend to use it as an actual weapon instead of just a prop...not sure where to go with this, but if he does intend to go to conventions with this thing with the intent on hurting someone...I think the police may have to get involved...normally I would just shrug off the kids bull crap, but this worries me. Any suggestions?

Anime North 2012
Friday: Toothless Hoodie
Saturday: Millitary Lolita
Sunday: Soubi- Loveless

youji_kudou_@hotmail.com
Northern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #604
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

Northern- I wouldn't be too worried. As soon as con security sees that thing, then they'll take it away. but if you find out what conventions he's attending, it may be a good idea to tell security what he said ahead of time so that they can find him right away.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #605
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Northern: I gotta admit that I am in the boat of worried with you. The kid didn't exactly come across as stable or in any realm of reality... Whereas I know con security would nail him, I worry about what could be done before he even enters the con or outside of the con realm if he is talking about "cutting people"....

I mean this is the kid who claimed he need a Rock Lee costume to "train" because he has a "battle" to attend at a con later this year.... maybe being a parent I am a bit paranoid or some such, but I have alarm bells going off all over the place right now.
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #606
Marika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimette View Post
I mean this is the kid who claimed he need a Rock Lee costume to "train" because he has a "battle" to attend at a con later this year.... maybe being a parent I am a bit paranoid or some such, but I have alarm bells going off all over the place right now.
He IMed me not too long ago about making him metal weaponry and a Sasuke costume because of a "battle": standard kunai, shuriken, and the big folding shuriken. He refused to listen when I said I didn't make weaponry and have never worked with metals. Then again, he also wanted all of this for about $20. -_-
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #607
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

He has mentioned this "battle" over and over and it has me a bit concerned knowing that he was asking for real metal weaponry and now has a sword....
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #608
Raezyn101

Someone really needs to figure out who this kid is...
He could be just some kid playing a prank on all of us...but I really don't care to take the chance.

If only we could track them from their IP Addresses or something...
Anyone have *any* idea where he lives? Has he ever talked about any certain convention(s)?
Raezyn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #609
Marika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raezyn101 View Post
Someone really needs to figure out who this kid is...
He could be just some kid playing a prank on all of us...but I really don't care to take the chance.

If only we could track them from their IP Addresses or something...
Anyone have *any* idea where he lives? Has he ever talked about any certain convention(s)?
Pennsylvania. He was spamming like mad before, trying to find cosplayers from the same area. Bedford I think...
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #610
Kupo!
I won my freedom

Question Good or Bad commisioner!?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased an iteam from cosplay-design_com from ebay.com. I apologize in advanced if this commisioner has been talked about previously. My younger sister would like to cosplay as Justian Born and we came across this cosplay costume on ebay at a resonable price. The thing that bothers me the most is that when I went to see his feedback the iteam purchased by other people were private as where some you could be able to see what they bought. Not only that I have sometimes seen the same buyer. I have sent him an message by ebay asking him if the costume comes exactly as seen in the photo etc. But I would just like a feedback about what my fellow cosplayers think. I'm aslo thinking if he/she is not a good commisioner I'll just post on the spam board if someone is selling or willing to commision one for my little sis. Well thats all hope to hear from you guys soon!.

(Here's the link)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magna-Carta-Tear...QQcmdZViewItem
**************" You've let your eyes betray your heart. "

Last edited by Kupo! : 01-21-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #611
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Its another Chinese seller so it could be hit or miss. Some of them are decent but the vast majority are nothing more than sweatshops with a million auctions listed with pictures that aren't theirs but merely taken from random sites around the interweb.
Unread 01-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #612
4ng31
meh.

Here are a few...

Fireniceanime.com

Name : Ayami Shockley (and, or) Veronica Shockley

Sent the girl 300 bucks cash...received nothing. I have 2 addresses, and phone number, and plan on taking a road trip to Florida soon.

Lied, said that package was sent but with the wrong address, and then their site went dead (not renewing), but I did the "who-is" before they went "under".

I've also heard from some memebrs here that she is uber crooked so...

As for ebay:

human go

I'm currently dealing with a seller named "human go" who has 253 posted feedback, 100% positive, with a few neutral (but it seems it was just coloring issues with the outfit). He actually sent me pictures of his custom work before I bought which did in fact look like good. I will post more when the outfit arrives, but it did look good.

Also, I was reading about how you guys say most of the sellers there don't know their product and such, well when I was e-mailed back from this guy, he actually included the name of the character in the reply, without me ever mentioning it...so there's another plus/

honestdragonchina

Very impressive fabric work and quality, but I don't think she knows how to measure to well, as the outfit I originally got for my girlfriend was very far off from the measurements I sent. But if the measurements are right, she's good for the price.

Now, has anyone ever heard of:

www.dream-angels.net

I'm curious because some of their Final Fantasy outfits are very well done, plus she also runs a cosplay group in Canada, which shows signs of being "in the know" and such...

Last edited by 4ng31 : 01-21-2007 at 02:48 PM.
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #613
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupo! View Post
While alot of their work seems like it could've been scanned straight from a magazine, the grand majority seems legitimate. The fact that they have an outfit for Zelgadis from Slayers alone sells them for me xD But Ebay sellers, and any commissioner for that matter, always have a certain degree of risk. If you do end up giving it a try, though, please let us know how it went :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post

www.dream-angels.net

I'm curious because some of their Final Fantasy outfits are very well done, plus she also runs a cosplay group in Canada, which shows signs of being "in the know" and such...
Highly recommended. I'm working with her right now on a $500 commission, and she's had the best communication and one of the most professional business senses of any commissioner I've ever worked with. I know I just mentioned in my above post that all commissioners have a degree of risk involved, but I can honestly say that with dream-angels if it's there, it's microscopic :> I adore them, and recommend them to everyone I can; they're essentially the standard of what I hope other independent commissioners strive to be <3
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #614
Katachi
Hypercats.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka BMz View Post

www.dream-angels.net

I have. She's on c.c and has been around for at least 3 years. She used to try to pass off cheap plastic toy guns as "Replica Tomb Raider Guns! Just like the real thing!" when they look like this:
http://www.anderewelten.de/images/Ro...ftairwaffe.jpg

1)not even close. 2)it's Robocop's gun. She's too young to know who Robocop is, and I'm not a big fan of passing off "close enough" as "accurate replica", but I stopped trying to argue with people a long time ago. Seems like a lot of cosplayers are picky about the details of the fabric elements of a costume, but gloss over any prop/accessory accuracies.

Anyway, she used to buy these guns from www.realistictoyguns.com like everyone else for 6 bucks and turn around and try to sell them on ebay as "Tomb Raider Replicas" for 20-45 a pair. Or as "Replica Tiny Bees" like on her site. http://www.dream-angels.net/yuna_guns.htm Seriously, theyr'e not even close. Google "tiny bee" and see for yourself.

"DreamAngel brings you the perfect pair of guns for your cosplay needs!!!!" They're not perfect. Nor are they close.

"**Why pay US$300+ for the gun-controllers you only want as a cosplay prop??? Save hundreds of dollars and STILL look drop dead gorgeous with the perfect guns!**" Why? Because cosplayers want accuracy, and it's just rude to try to convince people that your'e right without comparison pics. They're not accurate, they're ghetto.

Now mind you, this was when X-2 had just come out, and yeah Poseidon's Tiny Bee controllers were 300, but at the time, there were 3 of us making accurate resin cast replicas or particleboard/mdf ones and selling them for a reasonable price. (55-70 a pair for mine, 100 for mike's when he made them, and I think the other guy was Bamph? out of TX and his were under 100) She'd get defensive and beligerant when I'd comment on how she's not doing anyone a service by claiming innacuracies were accurate just to move product she didn't even make.

Maybe she's awesome at sewing and can make detailed accurate costumes, that I don't now. I'd be interested in hearing from someone who's ordered a costume from them also. Personally, I wouldn't want to work with someone who tries to sell people one thing and claim it's an accurate representation of something else it's not.
Katachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #615
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katachi View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want to work with someone who tries to sell people one thing and claim it's an accurate representation of something else it's not.
Well, in defense to her, that's basically how the business world works. Granted, I could care less about the reality of the "bees", but just think...if you can find a way to either make or obtain something for cheap, and people are willing to pay more for it then what you bought it for, wouldn't you do it?

Like I said, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but that's business ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira
I'm working with her right now on a $500 commission, and she's had the best communication and one of the most professional business senses of any commissioner I've ever worked with. I know I just mentioned in my above post that all commissioners have a degree of risk involved, but I can honestly say that with dream-angels if it's there, it's microscopic :> I adore them, and recommend them to everyone I can; they're essentially the standard of what I hope other independent commissioners strive to be <3
A have to agree...very fast responses, good prices, and like I said, their FF outfits are very good from what I could see. The communication is ace...we sent 30+ e-mails back and fourth before even started payment and such... can't complain about that at all.

Lets hope it ends up great for both of us eh
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote