Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 188 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 01-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #61
AnnAnime

Ok I confirmed it with the guy that it was not me that took your commission, Rain Miko. I'm glad I did say what I said though. So you guys would look at that from another pointy of view.

Unread 01-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #62
AnnAnime

OK nevermind about that last post. It was me... sorry.
Unread 01-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #63
Dokudel
Doky Doky

I had someone asked for a quote for Lust costume from FMA. The person wnated the whole outfit. I told them my quote and they go "Ummm I only have $30.00 is that good enough?". Even though I told them my price :/

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #64
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokudel
I had someone asked for a quote for Lust costume from FMA. The person wnated the whole outfit. I told them my quote and they go "Ummm I only have $30.00 is that good enough?". Even though I told them my price :/
LOL yeah. $5 for supplies, $10 for shipping... 3 hours at minimum wage, and I think I can sew a couple of sheets together, and cut a hole for you to stick your head through. I'll even throw in a swift kick in the ass for free!
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #65
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

[quote=AnnAnime]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Miko
SO true! I just had someone want a quote on a wig for InuYasha, and I lost their business because they said they found someone who could do it for $50. Whoever THAT is, I bid them luck. QUOTE]

Hey that was probably me that offered that, because I want to make a better looking one than the one on my site. Just because I want to do it for cheap does not mean I'm going to scam them.... I am just willing to invest some of my time on the wig so I promote myself better. I do that from time to time.

Same thing goes for costumes too. If there's a costume I want to REALLY make badly then alot of times I give discounts on costumes. Sure I may not make much off of it but I will in the future because people are more likey to get you to do a commission if they can see a picture of a costume they want that we have done before.

I'm sorry that I took your commission, but it's not even a sure thing yet. He's waiting to get his Inuyasha costume first.

Just wanted to make that clear to everyone and to apoligize to you. By the way would this person happen to be Urmasterinuyasha? If so then that was me alright that gave him the offer and I'm sorry if I made you mad, but I only did it for advertisment only. You have to spend money sometimes when you have a bussiness.

I don't mind you doing the commission for him. I can't stop you, and I have no intention. It's just that some of us can't exactly invest free time and our own pocket money into costumes for other people (assuming it's a commission, and not a gift). If I did, I'm sure I would go bankrupt. And trust me, I do give low prices. If you figure an x-long wig, 2 extensions, fabric for the ears (2 colors), a styrofoam wighead, t-pins, a wigcap, plus use of tools, and small things like thread, hairspray, and not to mention shipping charges from the people your getting your supplies from, it can add up. And I believe in providing the highest quality I can, I won't do a 'cheap' order for someone, because that isn't how I want my services to be seen.

But hey. Every commissioner has different policies, different ways of doing business, and different prices. Which is why the comminuity is so diverse. And I like it this way

So, if I offended anyone, I apologise. I was just little upset at the time. So, let's all go back to being happy ^_^
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #66
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

that happy part seems impossible ^^"", but yeah let keep a normal conversation and not shout and scream or i hate you because..>.<
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #67
AnnAnime

Oh I'm not mad at anybody and I do depend on this so when I can afford it I invest in what I do. I love everyone so it's all good and no one has any bad beef with me.

Anyways. I totally understand what you're saying. The best part is about investing in my bussiness is I can write it off in taxes as expenses. That is one good thing about it.

Well hope I didn't upset anyone either...
Unread 01-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #68
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

You didn't upset me. I just wish I had the spare cash to 'invest' into a business. All my spare money goes towards conventions, and my horses (yeah, I'm pickng out ANOTHER on Tuesday). I do, however, pay for my own tools and whatnot. I never charge people for things like hairspray, combs, caulk, fabric (for wefts), pliers, or whatnot.

Unless, of course, they need a tool I don't have. Then I usually charge for a small percent, and I pay for the rest (since I will be using it). This rarely ever happens, since I always end up coming home with more supplies when I go out. Last time, I ended up with 20 1" foam brushes.How could I resist? AC Moore had a 20 for $1 sale *_*
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #69
Dokudel
Doky Doky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral
LOL yeah. $5 for supplies, $10 for shipping... 3 hours at minimum wage, and I think I can sew a couple of sheets together, and cut a hole for you to stick your head through. I'll even throw in a swift kick in the ass for free!
LOLOLOL XDD God that was so funny. :B

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #70
AnnAnime

ROFL That is funny!!!! There is no way anyone would make a whole outfit for $30.
Unread 01-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #71
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

$30.00 for a costume? Talk about unreasonable.

Though, I do think I was scammed once before... I paid nearly $200.00 for a commission that turned out to be... in un-ethical terms, a piece of crap.

The sad part is I can't do anything about it. *sigh*

And I only had a job for one month and that's what I spent my earnings on, shitty. But it is my fault for being a complete n00b and not looking into things properly.
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #72
AnnAnime

I'm sorry that you got scammed out of all your earnings. That really sucks and I'm sorry it happened.
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:46 AM   #73
Yunalicia
Yevonite

Ok so with all these people scammed what would be the best way to advertise yourself as a commissioner so people would know you are legit. Or would at least take a further look into your stuff?
Yunalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #74
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnAnime
ROFL That is funny!!!! There is no way anyone would make a whole outfit for $30.

hey you offend me, i so happen to make 30 dollar costume J/K

no my simply costume i would of make probably be like 50-70 dollars. maybe more depends on the probs. i can spend less money on fabric but probs blah there goes all the rest.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #75
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia
Ok so with all these people scammed what would be the best way to advertise yourself as a commissioner so people would know you are legit. Or would at least take a further look into your stuff?

Factors to increase (but do not necessarily guarantee) your credibility:
1) You should have many pictures of your past works.

2) You should be able to describe your work when asked.

3) Any of your written communications should be follow proper grammar and spelling. Written communications include emails, ads, and website content. Minor spelling errors are generally more tolerated than grammatical errors, but it would still be best to check your spelling.

4) Avoid hosting services that put up ads. Unfortunately, many hosting services are not free if you want to avoid ads.

5) Have clear information about payment schedules, warranties, and contact information. Having a real mailing address and phone helps. If you want to make a real business out of this, you'll want a mailing address and phone that is different from the ones for your residence.

6) Have a contract that you and the client must sign.

7) Ask past clients if you could use them as a reference. If a new potential client asks for references, you will be able to give them. Please note that it is considered unethical to give out somebody's contact information if you didn't get permission beforehand from that person.

8) Develop a reputation for making quality goods and delivering them on time. This will increase the number of happy clients and make it more likely you can get references from them. (See #5)

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon

Last edited by Eriol : 01-24-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote