Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 109 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 02-18-2007, 04:09 AM   #811
Leitha
POTATO DAISUKI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raezyn101 View Post
Wait...she runs Human_Go?
Are you sure?
Thought she did recently give me an email that had humango in it...her paypal one is similar to another company on Ebay. O_o
Can't remember which one...

Haha. Now you have me overreacting..especially since she hasn't gotten back with me on getting my money back. ^^;

Edit: Her paypal is honestdragon.....Which if I remember correctly is also the name of a company on ebay? :3
I copy and pasted her paypal email into google and it came up with the Human Go cosplay store on ebay... So I just put two and two together...
Leitha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #812
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Wait, you have human go, honestdragon and how many more? You might want to report this to ebay as having more than one seller's account, if I am not mistaken, is against their policy o_0;

That definitely explains why so many of them use the same images though... they are all the same "company" putting them up...
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #813
Enyalis

I think a lot of the Chinese sellers might be busy with Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is usually a 5 day celebration which started Friday, February 16th.
Sunday: TBA

...held by the wings of an angel...
Enyalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #814
lehulei
Flutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyalis View Post
I think a lot of the Chinese sellers might be busy with Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is usually a 5 day celebration which started Friday, February 16th.
Actually, yolker's listed as Thai, not Chinese - if it matters *shrug*
lehulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #815
chisainekocat
Harr0

Many Thai people have Chinese ancestry, so Chinese New Year is important to them. Also, most of Thailand's population are Buddhist, and Chinese New Year is a notable time for Buddhists to perform religious rituals, such as praying, shopping for specific types of food and decorations, etc.

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #816
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisainekocat View Post
Many Thai people have Chinese ancestry, so Chinese New Year is important to them. Also, most of Thailand's population are Buddhist, and Chinese New Year is a notable time for Buddhists to perform religious rituals, such as praying, shopping for specific types of food and decorations, etc.
Still she should take at least five minuets out of her celebration schedule to respond to her customer's e-mails. I know I am busy too, but I do manage to make time at least twice a day to check PM's and E-mails.

so honestly speaking, if I were in Leitha's shoes, I'd be a little suspicious too

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #817
Leitha
POTATO DAISUKI!!

Well I know that hunny_lee is celebrating Chinese New Years, it states on her page that she will be closed until the 26th, but she still guarantees that any questions regarding her cosplay will be answered within 24 hours....

Not to mention that I actually GOT a response from human_go.... who has the same paypal as yolker... who WON'T answer my concerns.
Leitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #818
Misarylane
カラス

Honestdragon? wasn't that person mentioned before as a scammer?

Check me out on
- DeviantArt -

Conventions
Sakuracon '12 - Phoenix Comic Con '12 - Anime expo '12 -

Cosplays
Panty // Blood Elf // Psylocke // Huntress

Misarylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #819
kill me kiss me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitha View Post
OK, so I went to yolker's ebay store known as human_go and asked anonymously if a costume came in another color just to see if she responded, and if she did, how long it would take.

It only took a few hours. So, now I'm more curious into why she isn't responding to my emails and PM's. Hmmm.

There goes my over-reacting paranoia again. Damn. @_@
human_go seems good to me. she has responded to all the emails i have sent her, and for a little more money (very reasonable) she is going to make another part of a costume for me. but i don't know if she is the one that does all the sewing.

she said that she couldn't start on it right away because of chinese new year but she did tell me it would arrive before the date i specified. i'm not spending $400 for a costume, so it isn't a huge problem if i loose my money. i'd just be disappointed.

i will post back if it does arrive on time or if it doesn't arrive at all. also, if it arrives late, etc.

Last edited by kill me kiss me : 02-18-2007 at 09:17 PM.
kill me kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #820
Misarylane
カラス

i'll know i'll be waiting!!!!

Check me out on
- DeviantArt -

Conventions
Sakuracon '12 - Phoenix Comic Con '12 - Anime expo '12 -

Cosplays
Panty // Blood Elf // Psylocke // Huntress

Misarylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #821
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misarylane View Post
Honestdragon? wasn't that person mentioned before as a scammer?
No she wasn't. She is great but sometimes her measurements go off , but thats why people should really send every measurement correctly.
Got a Misato outfit commission from her and it was great ^^.
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #822
northerndreams

Okay, I know it's kind of a dead subject now, but I've been away for a few days. My post was not meant to suggest that no one should do commissions, it was not meant to suggest only I should do commission, it was not meant to say all people who can't make their own costumes were idiots.

It's to say that half the people you meet out there on the internet won't be honest. And they'll be the ones that have the biggest neon signs that advertise their service. You can't sort through the bullocks to get to the real people doing business. I personally have never had to commission a costume because I can sew so I haven't had the opportunity to really sort out the scammers from the non-scammers.

But let's look at the people on this board, this is a rather 'tight knit' community. No, there aren't going to be many scammers because the scammers are weeded out.

My comments were aimed towards those little websites that pop up when you search for "sailormoon costume" or "naruto costume".

You were all far too offended from the all too obviously sarcastic comments I made. I'm not sorry I made them, because I'm tired of hearing cosplayers at my local anime store whine about the latest time they were ripped off by some @$$ commissioner who decided to take the money and run, or even my friends who are too dense to actually go to myself or any one of their other buddies who can sew well. They are scammed then complain because ~WE~ didn't help them in the first place when 90% of the time we didn't even know they were making a costume! In general I'm kinda disappointed in the cosplay world. The adults are whinier than the tweenies about petty crap. And I'm just really fed up with it.

Seriously, I wrote that after I'd gotten off the phone with someone whining to me that they'd been scammed, the conversation had ended in me being blamed for not offering to make them a costume for free in the first place. And that is just infuriating coming from someone who is three years older than me, especially since I have bills to pay and they live with their parents still! GRR! So I'm sorry if you were offended by my post, but I'm not sorry I posted it.
northerndreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #823
SpaurhSpoor

That why I trying to make my cosplay myself, because you have to be carefully who you trust. These Jerks, all care about money and not about cosplay at all.

Always try to be nice people and don't allow hate to destory your heart and your joy of life.

Currently working on my first cosplay as Lafiel from Crest of the Stars. 1% finished
SpaurhSpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #824
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndreams View Post
Okay, I know it's kind of a dead subject now, but I've been away for a few days. My post was not meant to suggest that no one should do commissions, it was not meant to suggest only I should do commission, it was not meant to say all people who can't make their own costumes were idiots.

It's to say that half the people you meet out there on the internet won't be honest. And they'll be the ones that have the biggest neon signs that advertise their service. You can't sort through the bullocks to get to the real people doing business. I personally have never had to commission a costume because I can sew so I haven't had the opportunity to really sort out the scammers from the non-scammers.

But let's look at the people on this board, this is a rather 'tight knit' community. No, there aren't going to be many scammers because the scammers are weeded out.

My comments were aimed towards those little websites that pop up when you search for "sailormoon costume" or "naruto costume".

You were all far too offended from the all too obviously sarcastic comments I made. I'm not sorry I made them, because I'm tired of hearing cosplayers at my local anime store whine about the latest time they were ripped off by some @$$ commissioner who decided to take the money and run, or even my friends who are too dense to actually go to myself or any one of their other buddies who can sew well. They are scammed then complain because ~WE~ didn't help them in the first place when 90% of the time we didn't even know they were making a costume! In general I'm kinda disappointed in the cosplay world. The adults are whinier than the tweenies about petty crap. And I'm just really fed up with it.

Seriously, I wrote that after I'd gotten off the phone with someone whining to me that they'd been scammed, the conversation had ended in me being blamed for not offering to make them a costume for free in the first place. And that is just infuriating coming from someone who is three years older than me, especially since I have bills to pay and they live with their parents still! GRR! So I'm sorry if you were offended by my post, but I'm not sorry I posted it.
That has happened to most if not all the commissioners who post here. It sounds cold, but in cases where you've offered to do work for friends and they choose to go with another commissioner and they end up getting ripped, just say "I told you so" and leave it at that.

I'll admit you did come off a bit of an asshole, but honestly I understand where you were coming from (remind me one day to tell you about the green nightmare lol) But seriously next time one of your friends asks you to make something. Ask them for either money or materials. If they say no, or make some weirds ass excuse not to do either, then leave it be.

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2007, 05:11 AM   #825
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndreams View Post

You are contradicting yourself right there. If you don't have the "opportunity to sort out the scammers and non-scammers" how can you be so sure that exactly half of commissioners are scammers?

Quote:
I'm tired of hearing cosplayers at my local anime store whine about the latest time they were ripped off by some @$$ commissioner who decided to take the money and run, or even my friends who are too dense to actually go to myself or any one of their other buddies who can sew well. They are scammed then complain because ~WE~ didn't help them in the first place when 90% of the time we didn't even know they were making a costume! In general I'm kinda disappointed in the cosplay world. The adults are whinier than the tweenies about petty crap. And I'm just really fed up with it.

Seriously, I wrote that after I'd gotten off the phone with someone whining to me that they'd been scammed, the conversation had ended in me being blamed for not offering to make them a costume for free in the first place.
What you're saying has no intelligent logic. You're saying is that it's the person fault that they got ripped off. That's just like saying it's the victim's fault in a rape case. Unless you are one of those sick people who feels the victim had it coming (for dressing scandously, etc.), it's never the victim's fault.

In the case where you DID warn the person about a certain seller who is known to be a scammer, and they went ahead and did business with the fraudulent seller, then that's a different story.
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote