Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 157 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #76
junko

As far as buying cosplay outfits on ebay...

Just a warning:
Be careful if its from Hong Kong.

Not to say that they're all bad, but there are a ton of sellers that just jack photographs from other cosplay websites and pretend that its their creations... especially from places like COSPA.

It says a lot when their photographs are not consistent.

Say a handful look professional while others are obviously done by an amateur. Also if an auction looks immediately whipped up with vague information... don't trust them.
junko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #77
Finaru_Fantaji

Okay so I'm not sure has anyone purchased anything from honestdragonchina from ebay? and is she reliable to purchase things from. Here is her site http://cgi.ebay.com/D-Gray-man-Linal...c mdZViewItem
Finaru_Fantaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #78
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
As far as buying cosplay outfits on ebay...

Just a warning:
Be careful if its from Hong Kong.

Not to say that they're all bad, but there are a ton of sellers that just jack photographs from other cosplay websites and pretend that its their creations... especially from places like COSPA.

It says a lot when their photographs are not consistent.

Say a handful look professional while others are obviously done by an amateur. Also if an auction looks immediately whipped up with vague information... don't trust them.
A note to the Hong Kong issue. Customs is holding anything from that area for a while in the post office. I had a kimono that was shipped out on Dec. 16th and I just recieved it this Monday. The dealer said it would only take 15-20 days to deliever and it never came until this week.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #79
AnnAnime

Well that's custom's fault. When shiping to and from other countries things get delayed and also get lost. I sent a package of a Ragnorok game and it was supposed to arrive to the person in only a few days but it was lost in the mail. So it's all custom's fault. Once she mails it off, it's out of her hands and if the customer doesn't pay for Insurence on the item then the person that sold it is not responsible, the mail is.

I'm sorry it took so long though.
Unread 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #80
+Gogo+
Calamity Jane~<3

The best way IS with delivery confirmation AND insurance. The post office pretty much told me that insurance isn't trackable. And held a package at their facility for TWO WEEKS (for no reason, this was a domestic package too).
Unread 02-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #81
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

When it comes to Hong Kong I guess I had better experiences commissioning from sellers in that region than in the United States.

I got my Chii dress, probably the only thing that could have been better was if the skirt was wonder but I didn't mention it and I measure it wrong so my fault, I still love the dress too btw it's from CocosilverHK, came very fast and high quality.

I commissioned a Chidori school uniform from someone here in the states(since they where not a terrible seller I won't mention their name) but it took about 3 times as long and the outfit didn't fit at all.

I actually want to get a costume from Fanplusfriend on ebay because their work looks amazing.

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #82
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaru_Fantaji
Okay so I'm not sure has anyone purchased anything from honestdragonchina from ebay? and is she reliable to purchase things from. Here is her site http://cgi.ebay.com/D-Gray-man-Linal...c mdZViewItem

i have. i bought the misato uniform from her and her works is excellent no problesm with here and came just as she told me. i needed it for oni-con so i bought it and ask if it will come in time before the con, she said it will and came true. the shipping usually is one week or two depends which one you choice and yup.

^^ hope that works and if your still unsure go check her feedbacks at ebay. always check their feedbacks and ask other custumers in case if you still doubt.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)

Last edited by yamibakura03 : 02-17-2006 at 09:22 PM.
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #83
Finaru_Fantaji

thanyou very much for answering me question!
Finaru_Fantaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #84
kalajessta
Chevalier

Ah, actually, feedbacks always don't count. This guy had perfect feedbacks when I first paid for the item. Then when I checked it several weeks after, he had 9! One including a missing item. Let alone, he didn't even offer insurance or tracking. Which kind of made me mad.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #85
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaru_Fantaji
thanyou very much for answering me question!

your welcome.

to kalajessta: thats why i also said to talk with the previous custumers what were their feedback and though about their items they bought. if its all good news then yes or send an email to the seller with questions, proof of work. and contracts are very good in case they failed to do their job

it lowers the chances of getting rob, becuase its always a gamble when it comes to this things. wish people were honest about their work and make others work look awful.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)

Last edited by yamibakura03 : 02-18-2006 at 03:00 PM.
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #86
Got Cosplay?
Twice the Keyblade

I really think this should be stickied. It's full of useful information
Unread 02-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #87
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta
A note to the Hong Kong issue. Customs is holding anything from that area for a while in the post office. I had a kimono that was shipped out on Dec. 16th and I just recieved it this Monday. The dealer said it would only take 15-20 days to deliever and it never came until this week.
I bought a Inu-Yasha light sign off eBay, Around the begining of December, Didn't get hear till just about 1 1/2 week ago. if you could afford it, and are willing to take the risk, I'd ask for rush deliveary.

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #88
Dokudel
Doky Doky

My boyfriend brought a Naruto costume from one of those Hong Kong sellers. He ordered the rush one and it came in one week. :3

Interested in a costume? Message me for commissions!
~*Conventions for 2013*~
MAGFest, Setsucon, Katsucon, SpringFEST NY, Castle Point Anime, D.C. Sakura Matsuri, N.Y.C. Sakura Matsuri, Steam Punk Worlds Fair, Animazement, Otakon, AAC, AnimeUSA, and TAKII.
Dokudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #89
Nikostratos
Otaku Anonymous

Just remember, when it comes to customs there really isnt ANYTHING that can be done about how long they hold a package for, I worked for UPS for almost 3 years, and i know from experence how much of a pain customs can be
Nikostratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #90
deleriumx
i take pictures

I definitely say stay away from Limebarb. After reading the link someone posted here earlier it sounds like many many people have had issues with her that completely mirror my own. Plain and simple, she doesn't meet deadlines, ignores emails and phone calls and tries to blame the customer when their deadlines aren't met. All these things happened to me and, judging from the link, to many other people as well. The quality of the product was not bad, but it certainly wasn't perfect and hardly worth the trouble she caused to get it, nor the price she charged.
deleriumx is offline   Reply With Quote