Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 197 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 03-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #1096
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayago_Murikai View Post
Yeah, it's true. I mean she knows she's in the wrong, but commissioning costumes is her job. She's going to try to cover her ass so she can rip more people off. People like her don't need to be in the world of cosplay.
*nods8 Thats is so unprofessional from her to get mad with you.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #1097
Rukia_Kurosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
*nods8 Thats is so unprofessional from her to get mad with you.
It's Setsuna we're talking about here so yeah.
Rukia_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #1098
sillygirlkc
teh Silly Girl Kay Cee

Eh...

I was just borwsing and came across this and decided to post my bad experience.

I was looking for a costume and going thru a bunch of different people's sites and came across a girl who said she's do Nia from DearS for $110 (the cheapest by far from all of the people I got quotes from)

She was nice and responded to my questions (by email) (mistake number 1 on my part) so I sent off the money by personal check, which she returned saying it wouldnt cash in time (by then I shoulda began to think something, but I'm stupid)

So I sent a money order and waited....

and waited...

...and waited....

When I emailed her she said that it was almost done.

Then the bog storm hit her hometown (I did see it on the news and all) then I didnt hear from her for months til I decided I needed to get my frickin money back.

So I sent by snail mail a nice letter saying how I didn't want to bring it to the law and all, but I either want my costume or my moneyz.

So she wrote back saying she needed my address and email again and she will refund my money...

So I'm still waiting...

Her site is candylesscosplay or something. That's her email address. And she even had a cosplaylab account. For all I know she has a cosplay.com account. I'm not sh** talking her, but all I really wanted was my costume...

=(
sillygirlkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 05:06 AM   #1099
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirlkc View Post
I was looking for a costume and going thru a bunch of different people's sites and came across a girl who said she's do Nia from DearS for $110 (the cheapest by far from all of the people I got quotes from)
This seems to be a reoccurring theme in this thread...

People...if the price seems too good to be true, it usually is. Hell, even I have fallen prey to that trick (and have learned since then), but the saying "you get what you pay for" really does hold true in this hobby.
Unread 03-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #1100
Rukia_Kurosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirlkc View Post
Eh...

I was just borwsing and came across this and decided to post my bad experience.

She was nice and responded to my questions (by email) (mistake number 1 on my part) so I sent off the money by personal check, which she returned saying it wouldnt cash in time (by then I shoulda began to think something, but I'm stupid)

So I sent a money order and waited....

and waited...

...and waited....

When I emailed her she said that it was almost done.

Then the bog storm hit her hometown (I did see it on the news and all) then I didnt hear from her for months til I decided I needed to get my frickin money back.

So I sent by snail mail a nice letter saying how I didn't want to bring it to the law and all, but I either want my costume or my moneyz.

So she wrote back saying she needed my address and email again and she will refund my money...

So I'm still waiting...

Her site is candylesscosplay or something. That's her email address. And she even had a cosplaylab account. For all I know she has a cosplay.com account. I'm not sh** talking her, but all I really wanted was my costume...

=(

Eeek! People like that worry me...And a friend of mine has dealt with Candyless before. She only received half of her refund...It was annoying.
Rukia_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #1101
Leitha
POTATO DAISUKI!!

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread before but I searching and couldn't find it. Is there anyway to get your money back from a scammer? Anyway at all?
I paid with paypal but it's past 45 days so they won't do anything for me.

Thanks!
Leitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #1102
mixaka
Granter of wishes

did you use your credit card via paypal to pay? If so, you can contact your credit card issuer and request a chargeback. I believe this option is available up to 60 or maybe 90 days after the charge.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #1103
TheCelticWolf

hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of someone who can make a harry potter gryffindor robe that's movie quality and WON'T scam me. Kristine Huiskens said she sent me my robes after i sent her one hundred and thirty dollars but a month later there are still no robes. If anyone can produce a very good replica of the movie robes i'd be willing to pay what i was going to pay Kristine, which was one hundred and thirty dollars. But if you ever hear of her hame STAY AWAY she didn't send my robes and she has been feeding me bullshit about why i haven't got them. She said that if i diidn't like them that i could ask for a refund and today, after a week of no replyed email i did. my yahoo messanger name is potter_528 if anyone can makes the robes for me it would be appriciated like you can't beleive!
TheCelticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #1104
yayamaya

Question, is the e-bay seller studio142 ligitiment or is a scammer?

Last edited by yayamaya : 03-30-2007 at 08:43 PM.
yayamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #1105
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Is this a reliable comissioner?

Her name is Elegance, and this is the link to her profile: http://forums.cosplay.com/member/65886

I'm about to order an Aeris comission for $112, and want to know if she's reliable.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #1106
fear_nothing
Natsuhiboshi

Ebay seller reverie_by_design is an awesome comissioner with amazing prices. She made my Kenshin costume. Only problem was the collar was a little loose, but I fixed it easily. Also, the threads weren't really cut xD but hey, if thats the only thing you can complain about, you've got a great comissioner!

Last edited by fear_nothing : 04-11-2007 at 05:17 PM.
fear_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #1107
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp

Well, I just want to point out:
SasamiChan is AMAZING. <3 Perfect in every way, including prices.
Her website is connect2cosplay.com
Xavietta has great communication and does ask to see if you like what she made, but the also puts maybe 5% effort into the costume. >.< I payed for pants because of the design, and she completely ignored any designing at all.. just a pair of pants.
Although, her shipping did come when she said it would.
She's not bad, but unless it's really simple, I wouldn't go to her again.

How is Elegance?
Has anybody dealt with them?
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #1108
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter528 View Post
hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of someone who can make a harry potter gryffindor robe that's movie quality and WON'T scam me. Kristine Huiskens said she sent me my robes after i sent her one hundred and thirty dollars but a month later there are still no robes. If anyone can produce a very good replica of the movie robes i'd be willing to pay what i was going to pay Kristine, which was one hundred and thirty dollars. But if you ever hear of her hame STAY AWAY she didn't send my robes and she has been feeding me bullshit about why i haven't got them. She said that if i diidn't like them that i could ask for a refund and today, after a week of no replyed email i did. my yahoo messanger name is potter_528 if anyone can makes the robes for me it would be appriciated like you can't beleive!
It depends when you'll need it.
For a rushed one, Xavietta.
For one in mid May or later, SasamiChan.
Misarylane's awesome, too. I don't know about her time frame.
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #1109
Yo-Yo
I Love Lamp

I'm wondering that too. xD
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #1110
Cels
Seamstress

If she does, she's not giving you much information there.

The photo's she has up look rather messy. (Her Roxas, for example, looks rather sub-par with an un-even look.) Plus, she has no posts, no info, and no website.

Unless you can find a website (Hopefully, with referrals) I'd go with another maker. You can probably get an Aeris for at least $20 less at many other places.

Current Cosplays:
Pirate Harley Quinn - 100% done
Commander Shepard - 100% Done
Cowslip Lapras Gijinka - 40% Done

Want more WIP's? Like me on Facebook - LadyCels
Or
Follow me on Tumblr for tutorials, helpful tips, or general wacky fun times - http://ladycels.tumblr.com/

Cels is offline   Reply With Quote