Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 09-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #1276
Utai Mitsumo
Light to the Dark :: Krad

Standing up for someone that won't speak their mind

I know I have nothing to do with this commissioner, but as he is my soul mate, I have a right to speak my own mind since he won't speak up (due to the fact that we're thinking the same thing). Say I'm asking for a fight, I don't care...but like others have done, I want to warn people of this commissioner.

My soul mate commissioned BlueCosplayAnge for Syaoran's Flame Outfit from one of the manga spreads from Tsubasa. I was told all about it and since his money was in my paypal account (this gives me a right to know everything), I paid for it in full ($250) around early July (July 11th to be exact), and she said she wouldn't start it until after Otakon (I belive it was 2 weeks after he paid). Neither of us had a problem with as as I had commissioned someone else for another outfit, and wouldn't have started until the same time (after Otakon).

Communication grew a little quiet after it was fully paid for as in the contract that she wrote she said she'd update lots...it didn't happen as often as we'd like or figured. After Otakon, communication practically died, and she'd only respond if he had pestered her enough, and even half the time we figured she'd blocked him. I even posed as a possible commissionee to check to see if she was actually working on the costume since we hadn't heard a thing...there was light there as I got a positive response that she was working on the correct outfit.

As the deadline was growing close (deadline is Sept 15th) we kinda grew worried as she even said that she was practically finished around the 1st week of September and she'd ship it that Friday. That's when we were expecting it, but it wasn't shipped out until that next Friday or so (not too sure on the date), however, we did get it before the 15th, so we're not complaining about a missed deadline.

He recieved his cosplay, however it looked horrible and fit terribly. He sent her the same measurements that he's used for everything else he's commissioned, and he hasn't had a problem. He contacted her as calmly as he could be (believe me, he was fuming at me about it, and I was fuming as well), and told her the problems...as well as posting in the Commissioner Review Thread just so she'd message him back as communication was way disappointing. She said she'd re-make it and give him a $100 refund as well as express it so he'd have it for a con this weekend, which she has. HOWEVER, she messed up AGAIN. I can't see how someone can screw up and change things even though they had originally fit correctly (namely the kimono top). I could list everything that's wrong with the 2nd chance cosplay, but I'll be semi-nice because I'm about to get really nasty as I'm tired of it. Even my commissioner can't understand why she took so long because the outfit I had commissioned was more complicated and was HAND SEWN/HAND DETAILED (etc) in less than 2 months. I'm sorry, but 2 CHANCES was more than what I would've given her.

I am very irate over this as it shouldn't take 2 times to get it right. As well as over in the Cosplay Review thread getting ridiculous, I'm not happy with it either as it's mostly BS anyway because the costume that was "recently" reviewed by someone was made WAY back in 2005 (check BlueCosplayAnge's gallery)...but it wasn't posted in his gallery until yesterday (and he hasn't posted anything since 2006)...I hate to say it, but it was more of a pity review to save herself from the constant bashing in that thread.

I'm not going to apologize for what I said because it is how I feel, and I have a right to voice my opinion. So I'll finish now...AVOID BLUECOSPLAYANGE AT ALL COSTS!

Anime Weekend Atlanta '12:
Seth Nightlord (Trinity Blood), Elevator Guy (Gangnam Style)
Utai Mitsumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2007, 06:41 AM   #1277
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by utai_mitsumo View Post
as well as posting in the Commissioner Review Thread just so she'd message him back as communication was way disappointing
See, that's exactly what I had to do to finally get a response from her :\ (Which, it worked). But then she goes complaining that people post about her before even receiving their costume. Well, no shit! If the both of us hadn't posted, I wonder if we ever even would have received ours at all?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #1278
C-chan
C-chanīs Cosplay

Those pictures are stolen!!! From a seller selling on Yahoo!Japan with a very bad reputation. The funny thin is he actually stole them from another seller and I just found more sellers using the same pictures too.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b81213975
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w6113268

So I would be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyio View Post
Hey guys. I haven't had any bad luck with ebay-sellers that were clearly from China (I got my AC Tifa from honestdragonchina, my Tear Grants from lolitababy1234/Better Better Day, and my Luke fon Fabre from come-on-cosplay. All came out extremely well (especially the third one)), but I'm a just tad wary about this one.

http://myworld.ebay.com/kennethchenwang/

I mean, it's possible that he's just new/doesn't get many buyers, but I'm still a little nervous about buying from someone who has like ... less than 100 feedback. That could simply add to their honesty (that and for some reason, it doesn't look like their pictures were stolen). It's just that this ebayer is the only one that sells a male school uniform for Persona 3, along with the SEES arm badge, and it's only for $95.

Has anyone else bought from them or should I just try it out for myself?
Unread 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #1279
MegaMan8
Banned

I feel sorry your, I order one mega man costume from a unknown person. I forgot their name because my friend told me about them, he said they are really good and that one of the mega man costume cost $10,000 5 months later i send my friend the money to send it but to year later i havent heard from them or my friend, i feel so stupid doing that, all my hard earn money, all gone now.
MegaMan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #1280
fatalinjection
that's what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMan8 View Post
I feel sorry your, I order one mega man costume from a unknown person. I forgot their name because my friend told me about them, he said they are really good and that one of the mega man costume cost $10,000 5 months later i send my friend the money to send it but to year later i havent heard from them or my friend, i feel so stupid doing that, all my hard earn money, all gone now.
Wait...you paid 10,000$ for a costume?
Matsumoto (shinigami & school uniform); Bleach
Reira ; NANA
Risa ; Lovely*Complex
fatalinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #1281
sweet_magic
Wind User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalinjection View Post
Wait...you paid 10,000$ for a costume?
O.o; *confused too*
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #1282
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_magic_01 View Post
O.o; *confused too*
I think we got ourselves a mystery. apperently this person, megaman8.
post that they can make a prob and costume. charges are from 1,000- 45,000$. It hard to beleived someone going to pay THAT much.

Today, 10:34 Am
MegaMan8:
Hello I'm a Commissioners i can make any costumes and props

Charge between $1,000 - $45,000 I know it a really good deal, my website will be up in 2 days

Yet he payed someone 10,000$ for a costume. hmm..fishy but that just me.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)

Last edited by Ludger03 : 10-10-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #1283
Frijoleluna
Well Rounded Geek

Quote:
F-F-F-F-Fake.
Frijoleluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #1284
CosplayMasterS
Banned

Wow! i feel sorry for you MegaMan8, i hope you get your money back someday. did you call the police?
CosplayMasterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #1285
KwEeNofKoRn

has anyone done anything with qq cosplay? I am currently getting a suit made from them and i am scared it wont turn out the way i want it to.

so if any of you have bought or given commissions to qq cosplay let me know how everything went.
Unread 10-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #1286
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Wait a minute...

http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.p...&postcount=136

"Charge between $1,000 - $45,000"

Is he trying to rip off other people to make back what he "lost"?
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #1287
ZinTheHeartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwEeNofKoRn View Post
has anyone done anything with qq cosplay? I am currently getting a suit made from them and i am scared it wont turn out the way i want it to.

so if any of you have bought or given commissions to qq cosplay let me know how everything went.
Qqcosplay is a great site to get stuff from. They are a little pricey, and you should try looking around a bit more, but they do get the job done.

I'd also suggest www.mooncostumes.com or www.cosplaymagic.com. Both of them have reasonable prices and good quality items *nodnod* Shipping for Moon Costumes is usually about 5 dollars and cosplay magic doesn't charge shipping.

Please call me "Aeri", as Zin is a really, really old nickname...
ZinTheHeartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #1288
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinTheHeartless View Post
Qqcosplay is a great site to get stuff from. They are a little pricey, and you should try looking around a bit more, but they do get the job done.

I'd also suggest www.mooncostumes.com or www.cosplaymagic.com. Both of them have reasonable prices and good quality items *nodnod* Shipping for Moon Costumes is usually about 5 dollars and cosplay magic doesn't charge shipping.
I got my Ino costume from QQCosplay. I got the shorts, shirt, skirt, armwarmers, shoes, headband, and kunai and shuriken pouches. All of that for $130, S & H from China included. Not a bad deal IMNSHO.

I only had to add some earrings, a schruncie, and bandages.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 01:35 AM   #1289
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

I have a feeling that Megaman 8 and CosplayMasterS are the same person.....

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014
1. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Saturday
2. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Sunday
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 02:23 AM   #1290
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Anime 99 View Post
I have a feeling that Megaman 8 and CosplayMasterS are the same person.....
Yeah, I have the same feeling....*sigh*
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote