Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

MCS 2008 Main Events Discussion

Welcome fellow Michiganians to the Main Events Discussion thread for 2008. This thread will basically work much in the same format as the original Main Events thread, but this will be for discussion of events upcoming for 2008.

On a side note you can go to the following areas to deal with these items:

The Main Event!
The original Main Event Thread. A good place to see the history of MCS, but also to help with jump starting ideas when you need them. If it was a good event in the past, then usually it will be done again..

Coming Soon-
-These threads will be linked to upon there creation...

"Major MCS Convention Roster"
Home for the major conventions attended by MCS. This thread will be for discussion of all things relating to the following Conventions:
Ohayocon
ACEN
Otakon
Youmacon

"MCS Secondary Convention Roster"
Basically this thread will be for any other convention plans being planned by MCS members. This includes ones such as JAFAX, Katsucon, Anime Iowa, and so forth.

So now ladies and gentles I implore you now to fill this wondrous thread with many ideas and plans to keep our selves busy and occupied throughout the year. But please keep in mind the following:

I know most of our Vets know this stuff, but this is more for our newcomers, though sometimes a reminder to us old timers is good too...

-For each event, post as much info about the event, including possible locations and dates. POST ALL NEW EVENTS IDEAS HERE FIRST!! From here the topic can be discussed and deemed if in need of a sub thread.

-Remember to think about the possible major conventions MCS attends when choosing dates. Many times no one will go if the event falls the same weekend or the week before. This can vary on person to person though.

-For those who may need rides, please request them in a polite manner. Also give a rough idea of where you are: IE: Downriver, Mt. Clements...etc. I'm sure that a fellow MCS'er with a car will be willing to offer you a ride if you ask her nicely and respect them. Usually a thank you when they come get you and an offering of 'Gil' (cash) for gas will be appreciated. If you wish to do other things to show your thanks, thats between you and the person you ride with.

-If a particular event gathers A LOT of attention, then a possible separate thread may be opened to help facilitate discussion on the topic so that one does not have to go back eight pages in this thread to find the 8 posts for the one topic. If such a thread is created it will remain open for the duration of the event till ONE WEEK after, before it is closed. This will allow for feedback from after the event as well as posting of pictures and so on.

So onward wayward members of MCS!!! Post, post, post!!!

Side Notes for MCS Staff: If needed, feel free to sticky, add to and adjust the main post as needed to add new tips as needed. This thread will be closed and locked at the end of the year and a new thread will be made for 2009.

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]

Unread 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

OK first off...sorry on the double post but the first thought for the season is a gathering of the MCS crew for Bowling. So now its a matter of the Where, When, and What Alley?
Ladies and gents....start your engines and go!! Discuss!

Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
SlvrCrest
Plumber man

How about the same bowling alley as last year...they seemed cool with the krazy us.
Hercule/ Mr.Satan - 100%
Something from Hellsing - 00%
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Jen, thanks for starting this for me while I was at work. I'm gonna log into Venus's account for a bit and start the cleanups and stuff while I still have a bit of energy in me ^_^

I didn't make it to the last couple of bowling events. Where were they held at?
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

lol, the only one i remember was in novi like, a billion years ago and i was dressed as aeris.

Thats the one in my head. but there are bowling alleys evey 5 feet, first we need to pic the date, then we can see what alleys are open for the public and what ones only allow league on weekends....

I'll just through out there, Jan 25 or 26? sometime in february?

my guard season starts soon, so if we could do it on a friday that would be awesome.

start suggesting!

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Well all I know is whatever weekend we choose as long at it isn't the weekend of April 19th (this goes for any other events we got thought of for between now and ACEN). I'll be standing up in a friends wedding as her Maid of Honor so I won't be going no where at least on Saturday. That Sunday maybe...depending on how hard we 'party' after the wedding...XD.

It would have to defiantly be near the evening since till the date has been decided I can't say for sure if I'd be open during the day our the evening.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #7
SlvrCrest
Plumber man

Last years was over in Rochester somewhere. There seemed to be a good amount of people that made it too, I think we filled up 4 lanes.
Hercule/ Mr.Satan - 100%
Something from Hellsing - 00%
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

umm, why would we plan bowling all the away in April? don't think you have to worry 'bout that one.

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Well I am also just tossing it out for any other plans too after bowling between now and ACEN....

Unread 01-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #10
Lady_Atreil

*crawls out of oblivion.8 i don't think many of you saw me at youmacon..since I was just there laaaaate friday night ad all of saturday...(i was Arslan from devil kings friday night, talon from the same sat. morning, and xaldin of kingdom hearts two 9with uuuber hair0 the rest of saturday night..9till i decided the sideburns itched, and turned into a red-headed bespectacled vexen.) due to now working on weekends...9and eneding at least two weeks in advance to egt time off0 I've missed a TON of stuff. T_T plus my computer has had three meltdowns, my cousin has gotten diagnosed then remissioned from cancer..so i've all but falle off the face of the cosplay earth. T_T

if budge allows...and i can find a ride/romie and egt the time for it...I'm gonna try and make Acen.
failing that, there is always youmacon. ^_^
-Jen (who is STILL TRL's evil twin 'brother' when she remembers to drag out the costume)

(m'not sure if this post quite goes here...but at least it gives everyone a 'head's up on what's been going in my life..and why I haven't harrassed you all...heh.)
Unread 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

*attempts to revive thread*
So, a cosplay bowling event sometime in the near future, yes?

What kind of free time does everyone have in February?
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #12
lauralyn

I haven't been to any MCS events but I'd love to start! I'm totally up for bowling! I'm assuming it will be on a weekend? The only time that isn't good for me would be before 6 on Saturday..

Maybe I should have posted my karaoke request to this thread?
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=136541

http://www.lavendeer.com
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #13
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Nah, Laura, you're all good. Our group does random karaoke outings anyways, so maybe a separate karaoke thread is a good idea.

Weekends are definitely good for bowling. Perhaps either a Friday or Saturday night? As far as I know, I'm free for any weekends next month.
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Hey Shei, maybe we can find a bowling alley with karaoke!

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melima331 View Post
Hey Shei, maybe we can find a bowling alley with karaoke!
Funny you should say that....
There's a bowling alley right up the street from my apartment (maybe like a mile, mile 1/2 away) that has karaoke in the lounge on Saturday nights XD

I dunno if everyone would wanna trek all the way to Mt. Clemens just to bowl/karaoke, though
Facebook DeviantArt
Closed Thread