Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 02-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #181
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

lol no no no. i was just playing, it's awesome. ^_^

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.

Unread 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #182
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Next MCS Event

OK, it seems to me that we've gathered up quite a few ideas for the next group event. For clarity, I'll list them out here and try to sort through them a little bit:

I've tried to color code the ideas and suggestions I've picked up on so far according to things we might need to think about or consider before trying to plan an event around them.

Blue items are probably best considered winter events (i.e., we should do them before it warms up).
Red items are probably not appropriate for the weather at the moment. When it gets warmer...
Purple items are things that we could probably do anytime now, but possibly not in costume.
Orange items require the donation of someone's house or property for the evening.
For anything else that isn't any color, we could probably just up and do it anytime if enough people wanted to (I'm not trying to vote for any event myself at this point, just trying to point out some obvious concerns for a few of them).
  • Laser tag
  • Going to a movie (at a theater) <- Why is this purple? Remember our experience with the Resident Evil movie!
  • Movie night (at someone's house)
  • Bon fire (Beware, most costumes burn well!) <- We'd also need a place to have it!
  • Ice Skating <- This might need to be purple, too, especially for those of us who can't ice skate!
  • Roller Skating/Blading <- Maybe a little purple? In case some can't roller skate very well either...
  • Miniature Golf
  • Trip to the zoo (Detroit or Toledo)
  • Picnic (could probably also play volleyball or something if we have it in a public park...)
  • House/apartment party (or just a cozy little get-together)
  • Trip to Ann Arbor (other than a Wizzy Wig Cosplay Day)
Hope this isn't way too confusing for everyone! Now let's try to narrow it down to a few things that we might want to do in the next few months.
Unread 02-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #183
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Thats a good way to list ideas. I really like the color coding! *smiles* It seems all the ideas listed sound like alot of fun. Now all we have to do is decide which one we like the best...
Unread 02-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #184
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

I'd offer up my place but its way out of the area that everyone else is in. @_@
Unread 02-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #185
mgperkow

Well, as a suggestion, how about ice skating? Although you can do it indoors anytime of the year, it's technically out of season once it warms up. And it's the only thing on the list at the moment that's strongly winter-oriented. Selaphri posted a link to a list of ice skating rinks (http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/Michigan.htm). I've never ice skated myself, but I think it would be interesting to try.

So what does everyone think? Any takers? Or should we keep thinking?

(Oh, almost forgot... Do some/all ice skating facilities rent the skates? Definitely an important thing to consider...)
Unread 02-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #186
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I looked at Link's photos, left a few captions.

So why is it that the only shot in focus on Link's entire camera is of Uchi's arse?
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #187
MagiusT
Need Title...

I've skated in countless rinks from that list. All rinks that have public skating rent skates. Heck I don't know of any rink that doesn't. I know atleast 1 rink fom that list doesn't have public skating, and thats Detroit Skating Club. Anyway, it would depend where you want to skate and when. Different rinks have different times also. Some rinks are also warmer than others XD

I don't know as they would let you wear costumes on the ice, as it could be dangerous depending on what it is. However I have skated in costume before, so some are okay. Like, I've skated in my Fuuma costume fom X, and also my Mikado (The guy from the golden pair in the Ranma ice skating eps) would naturally transfer to the ice. So basic costumes like school outfits would be perfectly fine on the ice. Just wear many tights if your in a girl outfit.

Anyway this got long...
Unread 02-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #188
Uchihacest69

*le gasp!!* Fuuma! thats awesome! i never see X cosplayers! Kamui/Fuuma is one of the best yaoi pairing ever!

Unread 02-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #189
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

LoL! I wanted to cosplay as someone from X, but I haven't had the time. *tear*
Unread 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #190
selaphri
a.k.a. mog

i have an old arashi (from x) cosplay that i intended to remake at some point ^^;

sorashi = <3

so, we can go ice skating in costume as long as the costumes are "safe"? ^^;

i just like to push for costumes because i think it would be more fun, but i do realize at times it's quite impractical and possibly dangerous, so i don't want to encourage it too much. ^^;
Unread 02-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #191
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

One of my dream costumes has always been Hinoto (from X) Maybe someday......

I think ice skating in costume would be so much fun, but I would have to find something that I wouldn't freeze or kill myself while wearing (due to my extreme lack of ice skating experience.) I'll think about it more when and if the time comes.
Lenore's wench status is..............Official Wench, #2995!
It's better to fight on your feet than to live on your knees
http://cl-sales.livejournal.com/ Check out my selling journal for different fandom items for sale!
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #192
mgperkow

Well, I suppose skating in costume could pose a danger to oneself or others, but I was thinking that it's more likely that skating in costume when you have little or no experience ice skating would result in damage to the costume itself. In any case, it might be best for us not to skate in costume. So anyway, if there are people who are interested in going ice skating, then does anyone have any specific suggestions for a rink? Otherwise we'll have to start calling some of the Metro-Detroit-located rinks from that list...
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #193
Uchihacest69

fuuuuuuuck. are we hoping for this to be in february? cuz if not, then you can count me out on the next one if it's in march. i have compititions every weekend straight through march, I'm already skipping one weekend to go to wizzywigs cosplay day and another because i'm in my school production. lol she would make me do drop spins till my arms fell off if i skipped another one.

HA! LMAO yes! my 69th post!!!

Unread 02-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #194
Nikolai
Six degrees away from you

I can't skate very well at all, but if I did, I'd want to do it in costume anyway. ^_^

Got my photos from bowling up. http://www.fairvue.com/developments/cosmicbowling/
Unread 02-07-2006, 05:42 AM   #195
mgperkow

Well, we should probably figure out where we're actually going for the skating, so that we know when they're open. Then that would allow us to determine when we might be able to go.
Closed Thread