Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #1996
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

gotta count me out. lol sorry, It's my birthday too!

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #1997
SlvrCrest
Plumber man

well I have sad news. I cant go now. I have an event at work that I have to attend and its from 3-6. Is there any plans for after skating?
Hercule/ Mr.Satan - 100%
Something from Hellsing - 00%
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #1998
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Let's just not worry about doing it then. Nikolai's is the next day. You can just sing Happy Birthday to both of us XDDD
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #1999
Uchihacest69

Slip my name in there too! Me and nikolai have the same Birthday, lmao so i can never make his parties.

Unread 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #2000
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Sadly I can't make it to Nikolai's tomorrow ><

I've got a job (yay)

I'm going to be Christmas Carol (santa's assistant) at the mall.

~Luna
Unread 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #2001
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Hello all my fellow MCS folk. I figure I would drop a spot here for everyone to just see how all where doing but also as a general send out to everyone for one thing. I recently had to replace my phone because the display died on the other. Anywho, my SIM card decided not save off the numbers of all those peeps I had from MCS, in my phone so I lost all of your guys numbers. If possible I would be much appreciated if the following could PM me with there numbers so I can put you back in my phone. If I forgot your name/alias here and you do have my number feel free to PM also.

Members who's numbers I lost:

Venus
Shei
Doug (Link)
limey
Ben
Heather (shinji_hiroshi)

I think I might have had a few others too but can't recall....the number is still the same...

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #2002
Uchihacest69

omg, since people won't even be looking at this thread till after the chirstmas party anyways

We should bowl again!!! I just found old pics! it's was so fun and we have a bigger group!!!

Just a thought ^^

Unread 12-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #2003
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

I looked ~.^
Dude...how funny would it be for me to bowl dressed as Summoner Yuna? XD
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #2004
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

I also looked :P

*picturing* Summoner Yuna bowling...hmmm

*other bowlers distracted* XD

Sounds like a fun idea
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #2005
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Too bad I'm not skinnier, I could have replaced Summoner Yuna with Gunner Yuna XD
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #2006
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Sorry for the double post, but I'm just making a quick announcement here:
Since Venus hasn't really been able to do much "mod" work around here, she's given me her password and permission to "ghost mod" our boards around here.

With it being a new year and all, I thought it might be a good idea to do a bit of a forum cleanup/organization. If anyone has an idea for a new sticky thread, let me know so I can do it (or if we need to change the upcoming con in the one thread title) In the same vein, if anyone sees a thread they think should be deleted because we just don't need it anymore, let me know, too.

The only thread I'm considering making a sticky of my own would be one for "Movie Night", since there's usually quite a few movies we're all interested in seeing.

Any and all ideas are welcome from EVERYONE. I'm not gonna start doing much of anything until I get some feedback from the rest of the group.

*hopes I didn't come off as some kind of psycho trying to take over the group ^^;;;*
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #2007
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Sounds like some fun....The forum is aslightly in need of some 'spring cleaning'. If you need some help with ideas or the like let me know. As for the Upcoming Con thread. I would say if worse comes to worse, at least kill off all the stuff for anything before Youmacon '07 nad update it as needed, though probably sfer to have a seperate thread going for various cons since many times we have several potential upcomers going on at once. The movie thread sounds good, though since I've seen a increase of that. A thorough cleaning of the "Main Event " thread is another priority I would look into...I mean do we need 134 pages to the thread...Oo? I mean the first posting was back in January of '06. I would say keep no more than a years worth threre or at least 6 months.

Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #2008
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

I'm totally up for bowling again. It depends what weekend we do it though. My midwinter break I'm probably going to go home and sleep XD

Or maybe go out to Chicago I dont know.
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #2009
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Change the Main Event thread to a "yearly" thing, i.e., each year close the existing one and create a new one. So I would say lock this thread and create a new one called something like "Event Ideas for 2008" or something along those lines.

And split topics more often from the discussion threads like this one. That is, if a long line of posts discussing one event get up and running, split those posts off into another topic to keep the clutter to a minimum.
Unread 01-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #2010
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I second that notion dear boy....><. It can occasionally be a painstaking process if you have not checked the forum for a few days and have to read through 5 pages on something just to find all the postings relating to one item in here. In essense like you said, Start the topic of discussion here, then branch it off to a seperate topic if enough seem interested.
I suggest doing the branching of seperate t hreads for various conventions as well since many of us go to 2-3 or more a year. I figure that way then we can figure out who's going to what ones much easier as well as corrdinate between each other for rides, rooms and so on for those various conventions.

I think the big two at least for our group are at least ACEN and Youmacon. I know there's some of us who attend more then those but still be easier then constantly updating the one thread we have for the thread. If worse comes to worse have a single thread that it sort of the Convention Reports & Pictures/ Opening Con Discussion thread area where all the fellow MCS'ers can post to the pictures they took from the cons, but also have the seperate individual threads for each convention that MCS folk are planning to atend to see who else may be going. If anything if not that then at least say 'OK I going to the following cons' in that one thread and then those that have a few responses of 'yes I going too' can be opened as a seperate thread to allow for all going to that con to organize out of our group. Much easier then to keep track of and then as things get closer, folk can start PMing each other to arrange more personal information stuffs, like numbers and addresses and such.

As to Luna's thought. I'm all for some bowling or such, though when couldn't say. I do know for a fact off hand I won't be avalible for any sort fo activity the weekend of April 19th (or at least the 19th) since I'm standing up in a friends wedding...><

Last edited by Raiji Magiwind : 01-07-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread