Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #661
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Alright everybody, let's all get along... There are many of us who have to drive distances of one degree or another for group events... Just what happens when the group is spread over such a large area...

Hines Park is on the table, but Nikolai also had a suggestion that was in Westland. I forget what the name of the park was, but I think he was pointing out to me that it not only had barbecue grills but also that you didn't have to pay a reservation fee to the city to use any of the park's facilities as long as you didn't want to use the picnic pavilion.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure where Hines Park is, Em. I think it's in Livonia, but I can't seem to find it on a map. I'm assuming Hines Drive runs through it or near it at some point, but there's a lot of Hines Drive to follow if you're looking for the park on a map... I'm sure there are others here who know exactly where it is, though.

Last edited by mgperkow : 04-20-2006 at 06:43 AM.

Unread 04-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #662
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

Wait, I think I know the park too. uh.. the one near the City Hall? right onw Ford Road...

BAILEY CENTER! I think that's the one he might be referring to.

Last edited by bar1scorpio : 04-20-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 04-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #663
Nikolai
Six degrees away from you

I'm in an inconvenient far away place? o_O Leon, Laura, Shelley, Katy, Darcy, Corey, and Margaret all live farther west from Detroit than me.

Okay, Hines Park is 18 miles long and goes from Northville to Dearborn along the middle branch of Rouge River. So you were looking in the right place, Matt, it's just really big. Within it are various sub-parks where the picnic and recreation areas are.

The sub-park I recommend for the gathering is the Nankin Mills Recreation Area in Westland. It's large, has restrooms, picnic areas, and grills, and is right next to the nature preserve for nice photos.

If we end up doing it on the 20th, I'd recommend the Waterford Bend Recreation Area in Northville, not as big but still nice and closer for the people coming from MCCC.

Last edited by Nikolai : 04-25-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Unread 05-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #664
mgperkow

So, now that we're all back from ACen, does anyone still want to have a picnic this Saturday, May 13th? Or does everyone need more time to recover from ACen?
Unread 05-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #665
Nikolai
Six degrees away from you

Picnic sounds good to me.
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #666
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

I made a large post about it, so read it there:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82046

It's a screening of Trinity Blood in an Ann Arbor Theater.

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
Unread 05-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #667
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

not sure if i'm up for something just yet. i have a bad chest cold and have had an asthema attack for the pst 3 days. i'll see how i feel.

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 05-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #668
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

I think it's "recover from A-Cen" time for most of the group...

I need to catch up with PitW & Not NHS in Space & my comissions, hopefully before Anime North.
Unread 05-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #669
Uchihacest69

Ah yes. anime north. How could i forget. I need to get the rest of my Sasuke together before Anime North or my Itachi will be very disappointed. Anyone know of any physical wig stores? Nothing online. Anything in royal oak or Ferndale or something?

Unread 05-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #670
selaphri
a.k.a. mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchihacest69
Anyone know of any physical wig stores? Nothing online. Anything in royal oak or Ferndale or something?
der, i found this on google:

http://detroit.citysearch.com/yellow...649/page1.html

i'll probably be spending this weekend with my mom, i feel like i've been neglecting her. :/ plus, acen tired me out a bit. ^^; i'm working on getting to motor city comic con though.
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #671
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Yeah, I tend to agree with Sela. I'd say let's rest up a bit and get ourselves ready for the next couple of events that are this month(MCCC & AN).

As we all know, conplauge is like a ninja, it sneaks up on you and hits you hard! For now, most of us are ok, but all it takes is 1 cough, a sneeze or just "I feel wonky" to start it off. We'll have more events and gatherings in the comming weeks, that's for sure!!
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #672
mgperkow

Sounds like most of us need to rest for a little while... We might just postpone picnicing for a little while then? At least until we're all feeling more up to it...
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #673
Uchihacest69

*hacks up her still very sore lungs* sounds good to me. some of us have MCCC in two weeks then anime north in three. damn, this month will go by fast. doesn't look like much till June.

Last edited by Uchihacest69 : 05-10-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 05-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #674
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Darn, why couldn't we just use some of that Hyliain magic to rid ourselves of these colds?

My soreness was gone by yesterday - granted I'm still totally whacked in terms of a respective sleeping schedule lol

Nikolai and Bar1 - Am I able to be factored in for the ride to AN? I know Nikolai listed myself and a few other MCS friends for that convention but last I heard from Bar was that his car is full.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
Unread 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #675
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Well, to answer Emmy's question, there are a couple wig stores i'm familiar with. There's Fantasy Attic in Ypsi Arbor. *thinks* There's another one in Dearborn thats like...right next to the Mongolian BBQ we went to about a month ago. And thats pretty much it. I'll look into it for ya this weekend....^_^
Closed Thread