Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #781
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

I agree...we should buy our tickets in advance...So Fairlane movie theatre at 6pm? Same for the tickets?

Unread 07-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #782
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

I don't think they're selling advance tickets at any of the Star Theaters. At least, not according to movietickets.com and moviefone.com. Actually, if we go as early as 6 PM, I probably can't make it anyway. I'm just getting off work at 4, and I'd still have to go pick up Tom and Maria and eat something, since I wouldn't have eaten since lunch. Between all that and rush hour traffic, I don't think we'd make it.
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #783
SheikahPrincess

*thinks* How about a later showing? They show the movie like...every half hour.
Unread 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #784
mgperkow

7-ish would be very nice for the three of us. Gives us plenty of time to get everyone picked up, get some food, and wade through the sea of cars on the freeway over to Dearborn. (Hopefully rush hour will be over by then anyway.)

Anyway, if we can't buy the tickets in advance, then we'll obviously be buying them on the spot at the theater. With lots of concurrent showings of the movie, those who get there early could always wait until the other people they were expecting got there and then everyone could get in line at once to buy their tickets.
Unread 07-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #785
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

that's why I suggested 6pm as our meet-up. a 7ish showing would work just as well, allowing us to eat together before the movie in the mall. ^^
Unread 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #786
Scrapps
I'm well trained.

Darn, I was hoping for a later showing :/ I gotta work until 9ish.

Oh well.
Unread 07-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #787
mgperkow

7 or later is great for me (and Tom and Maria). The next day is Saturday, so none of us need to get up for anything. Wide open for whatever works for everyone else.
Unread 07-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #788
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

I can always just sell me booty for some pocket change! ^_^ Theres no way in hell i would miss Johnny Depp. and i know the suggestions coming....>.< Dinner? or not this time around. And i would be looking forward to a pirate impersonation from Tom.

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 07-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #789
SheikahPrincess

Ok...So it's agreed? We all meet up at fairlane mall at the movie theatre a little before 7 and then eat after? Sounds good to me! ^_^
Unread 07-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #790
venus2869
ConMom &amp;amp; Miracle Worker

Well, I have a semi-better/weird idea: DRIVE-IN!! That's right, the Ford Wyoming is showing Pirates, with "Cars"!! Just think of the ruckus we could have there!! and as for time, it would start at dusk(9ish) & you can BYOF&D!!

It's right off 94, so everyone can get to it!! You can get info on it at their site: fordwyomingdrivein.com
Unread 07-07-2006, 05:48 AM   #791
mgperkow

Two movies starting at 9... That would run pretty late... I don't think I could do that... Maria and I have to take her car in to the shop the next day, so although we can stay out late, we can't do it until all hours of the night. I'm not a real big fan of drive-ins anyway. I'd rather see it at Star Fairlane.
Unread 07-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #792
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

And I'm not sure if I'm gpoing to or not going to work overtime like I did Thursday night. I could see the 7:30 in the fairlane mall and jsut be cutting it close, maybe run a little into the potential overtime.
Unread 07-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #793
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

T_T i thought we were doing this saturday. I'm not even in town till later today. There is no way in hell we are going to get tickets for a 7:30 showing unless we show up at 5:00, especially on opening day. I remember seeing pirates in theaters for the first one. Sold out for the first three weeks. >.< and this is the sequel. We actually would be better off like... Meeting up for lunch tomorrow and then seeing it during the day. not as many people during the day. And then the people that aren't in town yet *cough* me *cough* or have to work like Ben and Shelly can come too.

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.

Last edited by Uchihacest69 : 07-07-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Unread 07-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #794
mgperkow

Actually, I've yet to ever have a real problem getting into a movie on its opening day in my lifetime. I'm fine with going today anyhow, because I can't do it tomorrow evening at this point.
Unread 07-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #795
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Okay, what's the official word on this? 7:30 at fairlane, tonight, right? Me and my buddy Tenchi were heading to the movies anyhow and we may be able to meet up with you guys, as long as we know where/when we're going ^^;;;
Facebook DeviantArt
Closed Thread