Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Closed Thread
Unread 01-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #76
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Another thought: Does anyone know if Novi Lanes has an inhouse restaurant that has pizza or breadsticks we can order from? Although it may not be cheaper than going out to eat, it probably would save a little confusion on where to go and covering bills. Atleast with the old Milford Lanes, they had a small restaurant aside from their bar that could be used for food orders.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13

Unread 01-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #77
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

I have to agree with Doug there...Also, count me in for going! My father has agreed to taking me unless someone offers to drive me...LoL
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #78
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgperkow
If all of this sounds fine to everyone, then the next thing we need to know is how many people are going. That way we can figure out how many lanes (or individual games) we'll need to buy (obviously everyone who goes along for this trip and chooses to bowl will be expected to contribute toward the cost). To start off, I'm planning to come, and I think I'm bringing three other people (Maria, Tom, and Emily). I plan to bowl, and as far as I know, all three of them will play as well.
Let's please try to get a general head count so I can reserve the lanes in the next couple days. I will add asking about food to my list of things to ask about I call. Right now, it seems like only about 8 of us are planning to go and if that's the case, I'm just going to reserve the lanes and not deal with renting them by the hour (it'll just be easier for me and on my poor credit card.) I will pay the $25 reservation fee, but if it's just the few of us, I'd really appriciate it if everyone pitched in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikahPrincess
I have to agree with Doug there...Also, count me in for going! My father has agreed to taking me unless someone offers to drive me...LoL
Sheikah, since you live only like four seconds from my house, I can drive you. Don't worry, I'm a good driver, or so I would like to believe; I haven't killed anyone yet, so that's a start!
Lenore's wench status is..............Official Wench, #2995!
It's better to fight on your feet than to live on your knees
http://cl-sales.livejournal.com/ Check out my selling journal for different fandom items for sale!
Unread 01-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #79
selaphri
a.k.a. mog

ok, talked with my roommate. you can count me in, and count the roommate as well. (so that's two more ^^)

she'll probably be going as sanzo (since i actually finished her costume instead of mostly, which was the case for youmacon ^^; ) and i'll probably wear my riza hawkeye uniform, but i might be too lazy to put on the wig after i get home from work. ^^;

Quote:
...Haku? *thinks* That could be a possiblity...*laughs*
::shrugs:: like i said, sakura would be cute too, and that's all just my opinion. i think you should try and finish sheik so link can have an interesting time of things. ^^
Unread 01-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #80
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Lenore
Let's please try to get a general head count so I can reserve the lanes in the next couple days. I will add asking about food to my list of things to ask about I call. Right now, it seems like only about 8 of us are planning to go and if that's the case, I'm just going to reserve the lanes and not deal with renting them by the hour (it'll just be easier for me and on my poor credit card.) I will pay the $25 reservation fee, but if it's just the few of us, I'd really appriciate it if everyone pitched in a bit.
I don't think there's a problem with asking everyone to pitch in. Most of us are used to going to cons and splitting the cost for everything with other people. If it turns out they don't serve food there themselves, you should find out whether they'd mind us bringing food. We could order pizza or something. (Unless they have some kind of small restaurant.)

Last edited by mgperkow : 03-27-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 01-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #81
SheikahPrincess

Yeah, I can pitch in, as well. But...*thinks* Garr...*gets frustrated*
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #82
selaphri
a.k.a. mog

Quote:
Yeah, I can pitch in, as well. But...*thinks* Garr...*gets frustrated*
eh? what's wrong?

i won't have trouble pitching in. did you need any chipping in before we go?
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #83
SheikahPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by selaphri
eh? what's wrong?

I'm gonna put Sheik on hold since I'm too lazy to sew a jumpsuit together. Instead, I'm asking people which Descendants of Darkness character I look like the most. I like them all, but I can't make all their costumes, so I'm going by looks...Here's a link of facial pics.
http://www.nekobonbon.com/Yamimatsu/...amimatsuTV.htm
Just look in my gallery to get my pic...and just send me a PM of which character looks like me...thanks!
Unread 01-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #84
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selaphri
No, I should be fine, you can just chip in when we get there.
http://cl-sales.livejournal.com/ Check out my selling journal for different fandom items for sale!
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #85
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

how much we talkin'?

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #86
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchihacest69
how much we talkin'?
For the reservation fee, I'm only going to ask $2.50 per person (right now, I've counted nine of us *including myself* that are interested in going, and that works out to about $2.50) I won't really know until tomorrow how much individual costs will be, since I'm not sure if we'll be renting the lanes by the hour or not.

Right now, I'm going to reserve three lanes, unless for some reason, you all think I should reserve more.
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #87
SheikahPrincess

You can fit 4 people per lane. That means 12 people is our limit, unless we get more lanes. Wait just a tad longer to see what the people haven't responded want to do. That's my suggestion...
Unread 01-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #88
FlyingElf
That one guy

You can put more than 4 on a lane. Usually you can fit up to 6 or so on a lane.
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #89
SheikahPrincess

To keep our sanity, I would suggest 4 to a lane, but thats just me...*smiles*
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #90
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

I think we'd all be more comfortable that way, and it doesn't seem like the cost is particularly excessive by any means.
Closed Thread