Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-12-2003, 01:10 AM   #1
Miroku
To the Golden Land!

A question for the ladies. (and guys too)

I've noticed in regards to crossplay that girls like dressing guys up like girls. Theres almost a gulity pleasure associated with it. Ive always wonderd why that is. Can anyone shed some light on that.
Miroku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2003, 01:12 AM   #2
XLainoftheWired
Sleep is for the weak.

An ex of mine used to basically get off on dressing me up... not just dressing me but putting lip gloss on me and glitter and eye shadow...

a little embarassing yes, but the nail painting stuck with me for a while... all I know, was she liked doing it so I was all for it, long as she kissed the lip gloss right off me
Unread 02-12-2003, 02:35 AM   #3
Menchi
Tee hee <3

the one thign that really makes it interesting...is when guys want it done for one reason or another. i asked a friend of mine to do it an she was ecstatic about doing it XD.
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Girls are weird. End of story.

lol. Uh, I've never dressed up a guy like a girl . . . oO Or my pets or anything, unless you count that one Halloween I made my dog a gypsy (she looked so cute in that babushka!). But, I think that if another girl asked for the same treatment, many girls would be just as happy to oblige. Even people who didn't like me back in elementary school used to bug me to let them braid my hair (it used to be really long) . . . hmm.

Okay, I'm really not sure what the deal is. Let's just pretend I've made a long speech about grooming behaviors as the core of primate social interactions and leave my opinion at that, lol.
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
soshi
onna kaizoku

I know a guy that at every party this group of people has, he gets stuffed (usually with much protesting) into something girly. I, personally, don't see what the appeal is. guys are guys, girls are girls. if a guy wants to dress as a girl, go for it. it not.. then.. don't. ^^;
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Menchi
Tee hee <3

these girls i know (friends of mine) are always eager to get a guy in a dress and, put make up on em too. they foudn a guy at ohayocon to do it to *Shrugs* the were commentin on how he had to roll his boxxers up to make sure they didnt show (was a short skit). i may have to ask them why it is so appealing...
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 06:15 PM   #7
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I admit I have tried to get a couple of guys into female costumes - succeeded once and got a pic to giggle over to prove it(wouldn't wear the gogo boots, though). Course, I try to get them into male costume too. Some of them have no interest in female costume, others more interested in female then male - be it the challenge to try looking female or they want to see what reaction they get. I just like sharing my costuming hobby with friends and hopefully get them to try it out, and I've got more female costumes then male.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 03:03 AM   #8
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

My boyfriend is so up for crossplaying and I'm so excited to make his costumes! I don't know why, but it's just fun! He wouldn't let me put makeup on him or do his nails otherwise. =P It's fun making him purty. ^^; I really can't explain why I love the idea... I donno. Now, if he were to wear women's clothes all the time, it'd just be odd. O_o;;
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 04:06 AM   #9
katnap007
Looking for Magitek.

I know (for me) that it's cute when a guy dresses up as a girl because...it's like they're exposing a silly, feminine part of themselves. I mean, my guy friends have this macho thing going on most of the time, so when I can get them (lol yeah right, more like ONE of them) to crossplay & act all goofy, it's cute.
Ahh...I guess that doesn't make sense. o_0;
katnap007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 06:21 PM   #10
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

No no, it makes sense! There's just something.. appealing about a guy who can show off his feminine side without blanching at the concept. ^^ And the same goes for girls who aren't afraid to show a little masculinity now and then. XP
I dunno, when a guy's all like, "ew, makeup and nail polish? That's for GIRLS!" .... I'm a little insulted, cuz, y'know.. I am one. *l* There's nothing wrong with liking pretty sparkly stuff. ;_; And any guy who does is simply fabulous, in my opinion.
Pendrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #11
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

I love cosplaying cuz I like to hear girls squeal and glomp me XD And guys crossplaying.. I admire then, they're brave to wear dresses.
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 09:12 PM   #12
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

My boyfriend offered to crossplay anthy.. O.o;; I told him I really wanted to do Utena and then he's like "well, maybe I could do Touga and match for a day." I expressed that I felt Utena and Anthy were suppose to be together and he's like, "K, I'll do Anthy..." Heh... He's, like, 5 inches taller than me and definatly not suited to be Anthy. lol
Well, that's just the situation with my guy crossplaying.
Unread 02-14-2003, 02:36 PM   #13
Momoko
Ha! You got POWER Pwned!!

We like seeing them show off a little leg...ya know...like they enjoy ^_^
Momoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 08:04 PM   #14
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Yeah! XD So we can oggle their "cute bits" when they wear shorts skirts and tight-fitting clothing! XD~~~~
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #15
Miroku
To the Golden Land!

Quote:
I know (for me) that it's cute when a guy dresses up as a girl because...it's like they're exposing a silly, feminine part of themselves. I mean, my guy friends have this macho thing going on most of the time, so when I can get them (lol yeah right, more like ONE of them) to crossplay & act all goofy, it's cute.
That can be tough for some guys to do. There is so much pressure on guys to be all masculine and macho that dressing up like a girl might be seen as a weakness.

Quote:
There's just something.. appealing about a guy who can show off his feminine side without blanching at the concept. ^^ And the same goes for girls who aren't afraid to show a little masculinity now and then. I dunno, when a guy's all like, "ew, makeup and nail polish? That's for GIRLS!" .... I'm a little insulted, cuz, y'know.. I am one. *l* There's nothing wrong with liking pretty sparkly stuff. ;_; And any guy who does is simply fabulous, in my opinion.
Yeah, pretty sparkly stuff is cool. I have my room plastered with cute happy bright shiny posters of smiling anime characters. I can only stand so much macho guy stuff on my walls, even though I am a guy.
Miroku is offline   Reply With Quote