Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Suikoden

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 01-13-2006, 04:07 AM   #1
ArchFaith
Daughter of Alderaan

Suikoden cosplay!!

I'm sure there must be an older Suikoden thread, but here....a brand new one for all your Suiko needs!!

I find this lack of Suikoden cosplay disturbing, actually. I'm hard at work on my first Suikoden outfit, which will be Sierra from SII. Anybody else working on outfit or made an outfit already?
Conventions Attended | Shoujocon 2002 | Big Apple Anime Fest 2003 | Anime Next 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013 | I-Con 2005 | Katsucon 2006, 2007 | Otakon 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | Star Wars Celebration 2007 | New York Anime Fest 2007, 2008 | Wizard World Philadelphia 2008 | New York Comic Con 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 | PAX East 2010, 2011, 2012 | SpringFest 2012 | Castle Point Anime Con 2012 | PAX Prime 2012
This year: AnimeNext 2013 - Otakon 2013 - NYCC 2013
ArchFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

The Gear Project has a few in mind:

Watari and Ayame - Suikoden III
Kinnison and Shiro - Suikoden II
Tir and Gremio - Suikoden I
Luc and Yuber - Suikoden III

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
youjik33

Wooo! I almost created this very thread myself last night but held off for some reason. I'm angling to cosplay as the very first Suikoden hero, Tir McDohl... hopefully for ACen, if I can learn to sew in time, haha. I'm trying to talk my friend into being Ted. ^_^*

The world definitely needs more Suikoden cosplayers. There are so many characters and so many of them have cool outfits...

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
Ironekilz

I agree, the world DOES need more Suikoden cosplay. I would love to cosplay Thomas from III, though I've been pretty busy lately and have a couple other cosplays lined up, so don't know when I'll get around to doing that.
Unread 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Imari-chan
Stylish Glamour

Suikoden! I love the outfits in there. I'm doing several from every series. (x.x) and going to host the Fanime gathering for Suikoden this year hehe. Not sure who I am going to finish first. But I hope to do some of it soon.
Imari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Sami
» star*stealing girl

I've done WAAAY too much Suikoden cosplay! You can see everything in my gallery; I have a Camus, Nanami, Queen, Culgan, McDohl, and Lilly... I -think- that's all.

I think thus far, even though I HATED it at first and thought it was a gigantic piece of crap, that Camus is my favourite Suikoden costume I've done. I'd like to redo some pieces of it, but I'm proud of it.

This year I'd really like to make Millie's outfit, she's so adorable!

And yes, the world NEEDS more Suikoden cosplay!!

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
youjik33

Oh, I saw your pics in the gallery... I LOVE your Queen. She's kickass anyway. <3

Unread 01-16-2006, 04:32 AM   #8
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

I have made lots of Suikoden costumes:
(mine) Riou, Jowy, Sasarai, Yuber, [making Hero IV, the Flame Champion and Camus]
(Commissions) Luc, Sarah, Albert.

In the Australian Cons, you say "Suikoden" and people answer "Say what?" or "What is that?" It's generally not very well known over here. And if there is a Suikoden Skit, it doesn't really hold the audiences attention because they have no idea what we are on about.

I agree, We do need more Suikoden cosplay!

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2006, 05:15 AM   #9
Mekou
Meow~

I've done Jillia, Nanami and Tomo from SII and McDohl from SI. =) And there's sooooo many more I wanna do! And remake the ones I have done since they kinda sucked. =(

I actually have many people IN LOVE with the designs from SV! So eventually we may make a group cosplay of it. :3

Go SuikoCosplay!

Anime North 2013
- Fionna (Adventure Time)
- GT Jade (Homestuck)

--
Con/Event Photos / CosplayLab / DeviantArt / Tumblr
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
youjik33

V has a distinctly more Asian flair than the previous ones... it's looking very pretty.

I'd also love to see someone do Andarc from Tactics/Rhapsodia... I love Andarc, heh.

Unread 01-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #11
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33
V has a distinctly more Asian flair than the previous ones... it's looking very pretty.

I'd also love to see someone do Andarc from Tactics/Rhapsodia... I love Andarc, heh.
It's also looking like what happened with the character designs in Suiokden III.... a term I like to use for it is "detail vomit" and "the Hyung Tae Kim effect".Which is why I loved the return to considerably simpler designs in Suikoden IV.

Don't worry about recognition of Suikoden in Australia...it's just as ignored over here. Gaming nerds will recognize it....hardly anyone else will. Suikoden I and II are considered rather valuable collection items amongst RPG fans...just check out some of the prices these games are going for on Ebay.

For our group, The Gear Project, our Suikoden Ninja group is going to be an extremely ambitious project...especially considering that amongst everyone who's volunteered thus far, Evil Kimba and I took on some of the most difficult costumes in the game series (Ayame and Watari). We will try and have all of the ninja up to Suiko III...and will design a new, more Suiko III like outfit for the older characters (particularly Kage, whom was originally scripted to make several guest apperences in Suiko III, but was scrapped and replaced with Mike...who might very well BE Kage)

Unread 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
youjik33

I can't imagine Mike being a ninja, though he's certainly some kind of spy or something. (Also freakin' adorable. One of those cosplays you wouldn't be able to do unless you were in a group, or no one would no you were cosplaying ^_^*)

Unread 01-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
I can't imagine Mike being a ninja, though he's certainly some kind of spy or something. (Also freakin' adorable. One of those cosplays you wouldn't be able to do unless you were in a group, or no one would no you were cosplaying ^_^*)
Well, the only real evidence to Mike being Kage is the fact that he is seen "conversing with figures dressed in all black in an unfamiliar voice, as well as Ayame and Watari recognizing him. Of course, there are several OTHER theories as to who Mike may be, but that's my favorite...as it would be awesome.

Some of my favorite suikoden speculations...

-Rikimaru is in fact Richard Silverburg, Odessa and Mathiu's supposedly missing younger brother.
-Duke, of the 13th Border Division, is the son of Kruetz
-Queen is the exiled Jillia Blight
-Sheena is the ex-husband Apple mentioned
-Sierra is Nash's "missus"
-Jowy was originally a Wisemail, that he and Theresa were both fathered by Alec and that Rosa (Jowy's mother) was the mother Theresa lost.

These theories and more (some serious, others silly) can be found at Suikox.com

Unread 01-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
youjik33

If Mike is Kage, he'd be fairly old, though. I mean, Kage was the leader of the ninja clan in the first Suikoden, which took place about 18 years before III -- he'd have to at LEAST be in his 40s in III, and Mike just plain doesn't look that old.

We're getting off subject, so in an effort to get back to cosplay: anyone have any advice on how to do McDohl's shoes? They're black with a curly toe, sort of Arabian-looking, I guess. I've looked online a bit and haven't seen anything like it to buy, so I think I'm probably going to have to make them... (or make a cover for an existing pair of shoes, anyway.)

Unread 01-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
If Mike is Kage, he'd be fairly old, though. I mean, Kage was the leader of the ninja clan in the first Suikoden, which took place about 18 years before III -- he'd have to at LEAST be in his 40s in III, and Mike just plain doesn't look that old.

We're getting off subject, so in an effort to get back to cosplay: anyone have any advice on how to do McDohl's shoes? They're black with a curly toe, sort of Arabian-looking, I guess. I've looked online a bit and haven't seen anything like it to buy, so I think I'm probably going to have to make them... (or make a cover for an existing pair of shoes, anyway.)
Actually, Kage was not the leader of Rokakku...he wasn't even associated with them. Kage led his own troop of ninja during the High East Rebellion in aid of the former Highland. He was betrayed by Watari, and thought to disappear afterward, as well as the other members of his troop. Mike's age is listed as unknown, but that he claims to be in his 30s.

To answer your shoe question, plastic canvas shaped in the point you're going for and then covered with cloth should work if you can't find someone that sells them. This will require a lot of hot glue, though...