Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Suikoden

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 03-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #61
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

Ok, they look like some instant cosplay costumes, but here they are:
Lazlo and Snowe as children from Suikoden Tactics / Rhapsodia

http://www.cosplay.com/private.php?s=&pp=&folderid=0

Unread 03-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #62
javits
You sunk my battleship!!

I've cosplayed Tir McDohl and a mostly-finished Flame Champion in the past. I'm veeeery tempted to cosplay *someone* from 5 this year (not sure who I'll be until I finish the game, though), and I'm planning on Caesar Silverberg for next year (a friend of mine is going to be Albert, too, as long as I make the coat for him).
Tenma (Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas) - 10%
Zelda (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) - 60%
Soul (Soul Eater) - 100%
javits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #63
youjik33

Man, V has some really awesome (and complicated) costumes. Though the Prince's first outfit (the orange one) wouldn't be too hard -- not nearly as hard as the black... thing... he wears later on, heh.

I would love to see someone do Lyon too. She's one of my favorite characters so far, which I never would have expected going in. The cute little girl sidekick is genuinely awesome? Who would've guessed?

By the way, is there any official word on when this game takes place? It must be sometime before the first Suikoden, I imagine, since for one Georg looks WAY younger than he does in II and they also vaguely mention Morgan once.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #64
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33
Man, V has some really awesome (and complicated) costumes. Though the Prince's first outfit (the orange one) wouldn't be too hard -- not nearly as hard as the black... thing... he wears later on, heh.

I would love to see someone do Lyon too. She's one of my favorite characters so far, which I never would have expected going in. The cute little girl sidekick is genuinely awesome? Who would've guessed?

By the way, is there any official word on when this game takes place? It must be sometime before the first Suikoden, I imagine, since for one Georg looks WAY younger than he does in II and they also vaguely mention Morgan once.
It has to be before Suikoden I, heck, it's before the Succesion War. Georg is going to have a rather severe impact on the plot of V, and those who know Georg's character know exactly what I'm talking about.

As far as the costumes are concerned.......ow.....detail vomit...It's like Suiko III all over again but WORSE...which isn't to say it doesn't look awesome, but making actuall costumes from them will be challenging to say the least.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #65
ChiByakko
Singin' in the Snow

I wore my Suikoden V Saiariis (spelling? I'm playing the JPN version...) for Anime Detour, though I didn't like the shoes I made or the stocking, so I had to wear an incomplete costume. (I'll be fixing it and completing it in the next week.) I'll post pictures once it's truly finished, provided the weather is warm enough that I can take pics in natural outdoor light without freezing in that little tiny dress. :P

It was an interesting outfit to wear at a con. It wasn't uncomfortable, but I have to say, it was much more risqe than I usually wear. Still, It's so pretty! I love the suikoden V costumes. Detail is fun, even if it is time consuming. I embroidered about 10 yards of trim for that dress, aside from the hand painting of the fabric and the bodice beading. I wanted to scrap the costume when I was sewing it, but this week, I'll be gazing at that dress/kimono/thing and glowing all the time. Whee!
ChiByakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #66
youjik33

Saiariis? I'm assuming that's Sialeeds... the prince's aunt? Her outfit is crazy to the point of complete impractability, heh, but I like it.

Unread 03-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #67
javits
You sunk my battleship!!

Quote:
I've heard it's 6 years before the first game.
Tenma (Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas) - 10%
Zelda (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) - 60%
Soul (Soul Eater) - 100%
javits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #68
ChiByakko
Singin' in the Snow

Quote:
Saiariis? I'm assuming that's Sialeeds... the prince's aunt? Her outfit is crazy to the point of complete impractability, heh, but I like it.
Yeah, now that I've seen the US release, I did mean Sialeeds. (I really hate that spelling, not that I know how I would spell it anyway, but I was guessing Saiareese or Saiarise or something.) But I loved her outfit for lord knows what reason. I usually don't go for the scantily clad chick costumes. But hers was so nifty! Then, I love her character too. So, that's the costume I chose. But it sure was/is a pain in the butt to make.

I'm working on another Suikoden costume (for someone else: an exchange costume) which while overdone, will be awesome fun when I finish it. If anyone's made a Sarah costume, and wants to offer advice on how the overshirt thing works, I'd love to hear it. I haven't worked out how exactly it ties in back...
I have about a week to pull it all together, so I'm saving the top layer for last. I can do it! Really I can. :P
Unread 04-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #69
youjik33

I really don't think there's such thing as an "overdone" Suikoden costume. There are some that are done more than others, but I've never seen more than a handful of Suikoden cosplayers at any given con...

Unread 04-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #70
ChiByakko
Singin' in the Snow

Quote:
I really don't think there's such thing as an "overdone" Suikoden costume. There are some that are done more than others, but I've never seen more than a handful of Suikoden cosplayers at any given con...
Very true. No Suikoden costume is overdone. But I tend to most enjoy cosplaying things almost never done before. So, if I've seen the costume a few times in person, I think of it as 'overdone' for me. (Though it may not be that common at all.) I always hope my costumes will be super-unique, so I either have to find obscure/rare characters, or I have to make the costume different some other way.
It's part of the cosplay insanity bug. And the plentiful characters of suikoden have supported it oh so well. ^_^
Unread 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #71
Nyoko
...Does not exsist...

I have lots of suikoden costumes I wanna do, but I wanna do the Prince's orange/red/black spandexy outfit from 5 most now that I started to play the game, I think Im going to start on that after otakon this year! Sorry im rather exsited that Im finally doing a suikoden costume, been wanting to do one for ever now, lol
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #72
youjik33

Oh man, Euram Barows replaced Noble Snowe as my dream Suikoden cosplay. I doubt I'll ever be able to do either ^_^* Noble Snowe would definitely be easier though. (Euram is my favorite character. I obviously have questionable taste ^_^*)

Unread 04-13-2006, 12:58 AM   #73
Jingster

OMG *lol*! youjik33 you are my hero for cosplaying him. it is just too awesome XDDD
I wish someone will just cosplay Gizel. He is so amazingly sexilicious.

Chibyakko i can't wait to see your sialeeds. She is my favourite character in the game !!!

ah---- nex month, my friend and i will be cosplaying Lyon and Prince's civilian outfit. I hope i do well!
Unread 04-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #74
youjik33

Ah... I'm not actually GOING to cosplay Euram... I just really want to. He's way beyond my skill level. (I could barely manage Tir, heh.)

Unread 04-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #75
ChiByakko
Singin' in the Snow

youjik33, you should cosplay Euram! I adore him too! (If you have questionable taste, at least you aren't alone, huh? ^_^) I so very much want to see someone cosplay him. It's a difficult costume, but not hair-pullingly bad. It would be easy to find a pattern to go off of. You never know what you can do 'til you try! ^_~

As I play this, the list of costumes I want to make just keeps growing.
I'd love to do the Prince's crazy detailed black and red outfit. I'd also like to make Josephine. Add on to that list the casual Sialeeds, Zerase, Lucretia, and Hasuwar... and perhaps Remifa, since I do so like pink. Right now Josephine and Lucretia are winning in the ranking, but that could change.
Whoever did the character designs for this game, has divine status in my mind. I don't think I've seen so many costumes I liked in ages.