Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Suikoden

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #931
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

There isn't a picture of the back of it in the artbook at all. Your best bet is probably to go to bluelaguna.net and look for screencaps of the cut scenes.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #932
Fluximation
Winnipeg <3

Ah thanks. I actually did manage to find a good picture of her from behind! x)
Fluximation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #933
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

I made the orange starter outfit of Freyjadour, the Prince/Hero of Suikoden V just recently and have been asked if I was intersted in making a Suikoden 3 cosplay.
As this year I've/am made/making 6 cosplays this year already, I hesitate to take up another cosplay. Also the list of taken characters already include Jaques, whom I was considering and I'm not very far in the game (Chapter 3 soon with all characters) so I don't even know all characters.

Is there a page with biography and pictures to Sui 3 you can recommend?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #934
Fluximation
Winnipeg <3

A good site is here. I tend to browse there for fun and it's a very well laid out site. It's really easy to navigate through it's pages. Enjoy Dragon!
Fluximation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #935
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

suikosource and gensopedia have all the character bios and basic pictures (suikosource has the full-length artbook pictures, though I am displeased that their V images are all tiny pngs), but you can also get a lot of extra pictures, including artbook and promo shots, from legacyofsuikoden.com. It's a french site, but you can figure out Gallerie and then click around.

...by the by. Just finished with CONvergence. GreenFire and I won Best in Show with Arshtat and Ferid. I have Ferid up in my gallery already, she'll get Arshtat up when we get home tonight.

So that's five Suikoden costumes now (Lazlo, Geddoe, Jacques, Sasarai, and Ferid). Now for a break before I make any more. -_-'

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #936
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@CapsuleCorp: As I do have the original Artbook of V I can do some scans of characters if you - or anyone else here - have a need for them.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #937
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Nope. Borrowed the artbook from a friend myself. Now that we're done we can finally give it back.

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #938
Man in Red Hat
Is not Red Mage!

Congratulations on the award CC! I haven't managed to play Suikoden V yet, but I have good news.

I finally beat Suikoden IV like two days ago. I would have to say, even though it was mildly disappointing, I still enjoyed it because it was Suikoden. A couple of things frustrated me though:

-You have to 'split' up your party for the end boss, and I didn't know how it worked, so I sent all my 'good' party members into El-Eal to fight the first time, while Lazlo stayed behind. When it was Lazlo's turn to enter, I couldn't select my good members to join him, and since I had only used about 5 people to use the whole game (damn the 4 person system), I had to grind 10+ levels and 5+ weapon levels each of cash (good thing one of the Lo siblings had a Prosperity Rune) with Kika (SICK unite with Lazlo by the way), Maxine, and Lino En Kuldes.

-I couldn't EVER like Snowe...one of the most pathetic characters ever to grace a Suikoden game, and he had to be the Tenan Star...Flik's star.

-Ending:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Though I didn't see Lazlo as Lino's lost son coming at all, the ending was just kinda poor. Cray's character felt unexplored and too basic, and him and Elenor just died via rubble. Lazlo uses the Rune of Punishment, and appears to die so they set him afloat in a boat, and if you have all 108 stars he gets resurrected. It just seemed so rushed. I enjoyed the endings for the stars a lot, especially Aldo's, which changes if you recruit Ted (whom I used all the time because the Soul Eater is my favorite True Rune). What really griped me is the fact that the credits were over 10 minutes long and there wasn't even a 'Fin' art screen, like there had been in Suikoden 1-3. That was a tradition damnit! I collected those screenshots

Anyways, I just started Suikoden Tactics, and since I already really like Tactics based games, I'm liking it a lot. I like how the prologue tied up some loose ends, and even cameoed

Snowe and Lazlo (he spoke!) as kids
And one of the most touching moments ever in a Suikoden game came when

Steele killed Edgar and Brandeau/Kika's reaction
(I don't know why, but I choked up so hard for the guy/situation even though of what he did in Suikoden IV)

After I get finished with Tactics, I am going to start Suikoden V. Killey ftw.

--

In cosplay news, I've decided that I am officially going to Youmacon at Halloween, and that I just made up my mind on actually starting Flik's costume. A friend offered to help me, because I have never dealt with a wig before (she says Flik's is straightfoward) and I need Odessa++ made somehow.

Keep up the good work everyone, and if anyone's going to Youmacon in MI in the fall with a Suikoden costume, let me know and we'll meet up (yeah I know it's far away).

Back to work^^
Man in Red Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #939
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Good luck there. I have considered Youmacon in the past but I don't think I will be able to afford to go to any cons after Geek-kon here in October. It's cheap and local and I'm on staff as a panelist/judge for the masquerade. I may wear Bishop Sasarai to judge for irony's sake.

Unread 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #940
Icey
Loves the cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in Red Hat View Post
In cosplay news, I've decided that I am officially going to Youmacon at Halloween, and that I just made up my mind on actually starting Flik's costume. A friend offered to help me, because I have never dealt with a wig before (she says Flik's is straightfoward) and I need Odessa++ made somehow.

Keep up the good work everyone, and if anyone's going to Youmacon in MI in the fall with a Suikoden costume, let me know and we'll meet up (yeah I know it's far away).

Back to work^^
Youmacon definitely needs more Suikoden love. I was the only cosplayer last year (that I saw anyway) and that made me kind of sad. If there's enough people going as Suikoden people there I'm sure I can drag out Arshtat for one more con.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #941
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Hmmm, maybe I should make Lym for Youmacon. I so far have no plans whatsoever for any cons past Otakon next week, so as soon as it's over, I've got a lot of free costuming time.

Although if I'm Lym, I dunno what my girlfriend would do. She likes Roy, though, so maybe I could make, er, the prince. If you know what I mean. Also has an interest in Georg. But I'm not sure I could make two Suik V costumes to my satisfaction that quickly, considering my work schedule. :P Possibly instead my group could get started on our plans to do the Budehuc crew from III, or the McDohl household from I, and save our "Falena royal family" plot for next year.
Unread 07-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #942
Mekou
Meow~

Man in Red Hat - !!! I hope I'll see you at Youmacon! I've seen people who have done it, but never gotten a chance to see anyone in person.

Andrea - I'd approve of seeing any of those options at Youma. (Though I am more biased to the McDohl household.)

You know. I think if I wear Nanami to Youma, I'll have worn it enough to feel I can 'retire' it, and then I can kind of.....add an arrow onto the costume. I'm sure people know what I'm talking about. XD

Anime North 2013
- Fionna (Adventure Time)
- GT Jade (Homestuck)

--
Con/Event Photos / CosplayLab / DeviantArt / Tumblr
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #943
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Honestly, I'm biased to the McDohl household myself, but Mith's already got the Gremio outfit, and I really doubt she'd be able to make it out for Youmacon - and if I'm going to be Tir, I'd feel bad going without Gremio.

...And ahahaha, arrow. That's awful, but I like it.
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #944
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Gasp. Awful.

Augh you guys are tempting me about Youma now. But if you're in the Midwest, consider coming up to Madison for Geek-kon too. My October is so jam-packed with cons and geek events that I really doubt I'll be able to make Youma - even if I cancel Archon, which I kind of don't want to do.

Ferid just needs some fixing/upgrade on his sword and belt, since those were the last parts I made for the costume, and he'll be ready for the halls. We are vaguely considering exhibiting Arshtat and Ferid at Archon.

Well, guess now that I've experimented with gradient dyeing I can do Watari. Seriously, Andrea, if you're doing Budehuc costumes? WE NEED TO MEET AT A CON FOR A SHOOT. GreenFire has been looking for an excuse to do Chris, and I have Geddoe.

Unread 07-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #945
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Heee, my girlfriend and I were also thinking of doing Geddoe and Queen, but then last Youmacon I met someone who wanted to do Thomas, and she'd be an AWESOME Thomas... but where Thomas is, you can't NOT have a Cecile, and I've been in the mood to make more plate armor lately.

(But I also kind of want to do the Flame Champion sometime... and still Geddoe and Queen... Too many awesome characters, too few cons.)