Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Cosplay.com In Japanese

Please let me know if the translation is wrong.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Kyuriko
At Your Service

That kanji you labeled for this forum means "Japanese Cosplay.com" (nihongo no cosplay.com) so I guess that's close enough. This is pretty exciting. I need to find my windows xp installation CD so I can install the Japanese language to post here… this is an awesome idea, too! Nice work.
Kyuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Kirschwasser
God Save The Queen!

"Nihongo" - Japanese (language)

Is this what you wanted? Or did you want "Nihonjin" as in Japanese (people). But I think you meant Nihongo, since the forum is going to be written in Japanese. That's cool. I wish my computer would allow me to type in Nihongo, because when people start posting here, I'd love to chat with them.
Unread 03-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirschwasser
I wish my computer would allow me to type in Nihongo, because when people start posting here, I'd love to chat with them.
Why doesn't it? ;_; Even my crappy old iMac would let me type in Japanese ... most of the time. XD

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #5
Namakemono

My compy will let me type but not fill in forms (and message boards etc) in Japanese.
I think it has more to do with the forms than my charset... but who knows.
Namakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
AElfthone
soooo tired

As with the chinese arguement, you have a few options:

Cosplay.com 日本語版 (Cosplay.com Japanese version) - this makes it sound like an application

Cosplay.com, 日本語のサイト (Cosplay.com, Japanese language site) - a little long-winded.

Cosplay.com 日本語 (Cosplay.com Japanese Language) actually sounds the BEST, IMO.

Since it's a title, it's kind of silly to use "no" between the Cosplay.com and the Japanese.

Again, all a matter of style.

Good luck deciding how you want it!

-Rob
AElfthone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Not do to with the languages, which is really cool, but will the comments in photos section be able to handle Japanese characters? Right now it comes out as gibberish. I know there is romaji, but it's just not the same.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

You could've just edited your post instead of spamming more off-topic stuff. o_o;

As for Japanese text... I noticed I can post just about anywhere with the font/language set I downloaded on my boyfriend's computer, which is Windows, but my Mac is a bit more finicky with it. I can do it in Photoshop, and SOME online forms, but not all. Once I use my Mac this weekend I'll check to see if it works on Cosplay.com. I know I was able to put some kana in this site, 'cause my custom title is in katakana. ^^; But that was done on Windows 98. T_T

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #9
~Yukiko~

へーっ!! 日本語で? すごいだね~
~Yukiko~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #10
BlueRose
新しい畏怖

hey..i know its off topic

but why is there no russian cosplay area? lol
BlueRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
lighting
Black hole sun...

Japanese Input for Windows 9x/ME

From AnimeNation.com

Quote:
There seem to be a few people who can't get Japanese (or any non-english language) working in their internet explorer, be it showing up or inputting it, so I'll post a brief guide for how to do this.

Note this will only apply to Windows XP or similar platforms because I don't have a mac on hand to write accordingly for.

On the microsoft Japanese page, click whatever corresponds to your system, or more likely it may be this Global IME.

Once the download has completed and installation done, your computer should be able to read Japanese on the internet(if not, I'll have to search around some more, it's been a while since I've had to do this).

To actually input Japanese, read on.

Go to Start, Control Panel. From there, click the Regional and Language Options, and go to the Languages tab, and click the Details... button. There should be a Text Services and Input Languages window that pops up. There are a list of keyboard layouts here, likely your default is English(US) for those of you living in North America. Go to the Add... button, and click the Input Language and Keyboard layout. Japanese should show up if the correct pack was installed. If it doesn't show up try installing some other components to your computer from Microsoft. Once done click Ok and this new keyboard layout should show up in the list on the previous menu. Click that one and finish.

Once you are out of the Control Panel right click the windows taskbar at the bottom of the desktop, and go to the Toolbars option, and click Language Bar. This should bring up a small icon on the taskbar with the letters EN or JP for whichever language your computer is set up with currently. To switch quickly, hit Alt+Shift (unless you changed the default) between them (and excempting if you have more languages installed).

Right click the Language button and go to Restore the Language Bar. Now you will be in the master input area of Japanese characters. In the Input Mode button, there will be a series of input methods which your keyboard can use. Most common for you will likely be Direct Input (using the english alphabet), and Hiragana (using phonically Japanese input from english letters). Select one, and you are set to go.
Japanese Input for Windows 2000

While logged in as Administrator, do the following:
Go to "Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional Options"
In the "Language Settings for the System" box, check Japanese
Click OK, Follow the prompts, and make sure you have your windows CD handy.

Next, in your login, do the following:
Go to "Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional Options"
Click on the "Input Locales" tab
Go to "Add..." and select Japanese (Leave keyboard layout/IME as Japanese)
Click OK
Select Japanese and click "Set as Default" (You can skip this step, but it allows you to switch to entering kana with a key shortcut, instead of having to change locales in every program.)
Click OK again
If you didn't set Japanese as default, change to Japanese using the indicator on the taskbar when you want to be able to enter kana.
Press ALT+` to switch to kana input.
Show off your 1337 5k1||5 to your friends and family. (すごいですね。)

~Nick
lighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #12
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth
Not do to with the languages, which is really cool, but will the comments in photos section be able to handle Japanese characters? Right now it comes out as gibberish. I know there is romaji, but it's just not the same.
Sometime soon I will be changing the photo comments over to use the same quick reply as the forums, at which time it should work in theory.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #13
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

That'd be awesome. Thanks!

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
Akira_Kun
隅田晃

isn't this forum supposed to be FOR japanese? some of you guys are not even spelling your words right already, which will make things difficult (i.e. someone tried to spell amazing as sugoi. should be tsugoi). if you really don't know how write out what you want to say, it will make things hard to understand.
sorry, that all sounded mean. i'm not trying to put anyone down.
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #15
AElfthone
soooo tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira_Kun
isn't this forum supposed to be FOR japanese? some of you guys are not even spelling your words right already, which will make things difficult (i.e. someone tried to spell amazing as sugoi. should be tsugoi). if you really don't know how write out what you want to say, it will make things hard to understand.
sorry, that all sounded mean. i'm not trying to put anyone down.
Akira_Kun,

While I don't like the title "日本語のCosplay.com" stylistically, it still conveys the meaning of this, cosplay.com in Japanese.

Also, すごい is romanized as su-go-i and I don't know why you'd change it to つごい and write tsu-go-i except if you were doing 猫声 (cat voice)...

Anyhoo, it's a really awesome idea cosplay.com has here with the international forums ^__^

~R
AElfthone is offline   Reply With Quote