Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #121
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonjoker
yay for hispanic cosplayers ^_^ south texas representing! lol

I'm actually working on my Bandora/Rita Repulsa costume *slowly but surely...i dont have anything with me right now to work on it with*. I thought it was perfect since my name is Rita, i'm a huge sentai/pr dork, and when the americans ran out of footage to use and needed to make their own, and get their own Rita Repulsa, they chose hispanic actresses.

So this time i dont have to get the lightest color foundation and powder and try to make myself not look so tan. When i did Orochimaru from Naruto it was really hard making myself not look so...brown lol. anyone else have this problem?
Never bother with not looking tan tho I cosplay pale characters. Figure it's like my height I can't control it so it doesn't matter. When I cosplayed Mana I used the a really light foundation and powder and the camera flash made my skin look white except for my hands.

Working on Soubi from Loveless (need to buy the wig and hand sew the lining to the jacket, hoping to have it done for AnimeNEXT), Princess Leia's Ewok dress from Jedi (making the mock up, will have it done for Balticon), and a gakuran not based on any cosplay just want a boys uniform. Have the fabric and patterns, not sure when it'll be done. Commissioned the sweater for a young Sirius uniform, will have that done for Order of the Phoenix or book 7 release party, more of a 2007 costume.

Also going to Katsucon (4 days to go) and Anime USA. Might go to Yaoi con won't know until they post the dates.

Unread 02-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #122
crimsonjoker
Rita Pita

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotohanabi
Never bother with not looking tan tho I cosplay pale characters. Figure it's like my height I can't control it so it doesn't matter. When I cosplayed Mana I used the a really light foundation and powder and the camera flash made my skin look white except for my hands.
Luckily i'm not TOO tan, but when i'm REALLY pale characters i need it. So far i've only needed it for 1 and that was Orochimaru from Naruto. I put on so much foundation and powder lol. Then at the end of the day some faded and i sweated some off and some jerk in the elevator is "wheres your paint if your Orochimaru?"...i hate jerks. but anyways yeah...luckily none of my other costumes require it. If its an unnatural pale then i'd do the makeup stuff. If its just a normal pale then i wouldnt bother...like for your chii.

aww leia! <3 Star Wars!

AnimeMatsuri/A-Kon 18/SanJapan/Who knows...

-Bandora/Rita Repulsa from Zyuranger/MMPR (WOOT FOR SENTAI!)
-Mongoose Nodame - Nodame Cantabile *who knows if and when that will be started/finished*
-whatever else comes to mind/whoever needs a person for a group :P
crimsonjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #123
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvylove
If only I hadn't spent my whole summer swimming in the new water park I could have been paler lol. If only. Really I tried with normal makeup, I wonder if that new makeup that they are offering would be able to lighten skin tone without looking fake or making the skin look dead.

you mean the one the cosworx is selling/ just ask and send pics of your chracter your cosplaying, and what skin tone you got any rpobs like oily skin or stuff and they tell you want choice you can use.

^^
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #124
Guardian_Lulu
Suka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luannita12
Well for an upcoming con in April here in PR, I plan to go as Morrigan from DarkStalkers but I haven't started anything yet, though i should...*sigh* typical lazyness o' mine :P
im PR? where? i heard theres no cosplaying cons there (i was thinking of doing one)

Last edited by Guardian_Lulu : 02-15-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Guardian_Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #125
Master Zero
For KHAZ MODAN!!!!

Maybe Fanime.
Unread 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #126
Luannita12
RAWR~! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian_Lulu
im PR? where? i heard theres no cosplaying cons there (i was thinking of doing one)
Yeah they're small compared to the ones in the US and they're just for 1 day but nontheless there's cosplay, booths, food, photoshoots and otakus so that pretty much counts as a con IMO
Unread 02-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #127
Guardian_Lulu
Suka

my friend said there's one in Bayamon i think but that no one cosplayed that it was more of an expo >.>'. do you know what date this con is so i can go? ill drag my friends XD prob. let them borrow some costumes so they can cosplay too.

by the way who's going to AX06 im going to try and go. i'd like to meet some of you guys there if any are going ^-^

Last edited by Guardian_Lulu : 02-17-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Unread 02-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #128
Luannita12
RAWR~! xD

Quote:
my friend said there's one in Bayamon i think but that no one cosplayed that it was more of an expo >.>'. do you know what date this con is so i can go? ill drag my friends XD prob. let them borrow some costumes so they can cosplay too.

by the way who's going to AX06 im going to try and go. i'd like to meet some of you guys there if any are going ^-^
hm the ones I remember in Bayamon was at the Santa Rosa Mall, if that's the one your friend is talking about
Unread 02-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #129
Baka
The chosen one.....

Viva la raza... what does that mean anyway?
-Marco

Welcome to www.Baka87.com
Anime Expo '08 Gatherings
Naruto
Bleach

Are you going to Anime Expo 2008? If so CLICK HERE
Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #130
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka
Viva la raza... what does that mean anyway?
-Marco

lol. think for a second what it is.

no im not going to AX06, im going to shiokazecon and A-KON thats in houston and dallas texas
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #131
Miss Tea
kiss them for me

ah, i am heading to AX06! ^_____^

Guardian_Lulu: are you planning on bringing your Lulu costume to AX? im bringing my Summoner Yuna... we could meet up for a fun photo shoot!
Unread 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #132
Baka
The chosen one.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03
lol. think for a second what it is.

no im not going to AX06, im going to shiokazecon and A-KON thats in houston and dallas texas
Does it change anything?
-marco

Welcome to www.Baka87.com
Anime Expo '08 Gatherings
Naruto
Bleach

Are you going to Anime Expo 2008? If so CLICK HERE
Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #133
Guardian_Lulu
Suka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tea
ah, i am heading to AX06! ^_____^

Guardian_Lulu: are you planning on bringing your Lulu costume to AX? im bringing my Summoner Yuna... we could meet up for a fun photo shoot!
nah i dismantled it though i do plan to make brand new one but not just yet. im hoping to get a Fran costume done (runs to the gym) i love her she reminds me so much of lulu ^-^' (by the way im blonde now so i cant do lulu nyways) maybe in a couple years ill dye my hair back to black and by then ill have my perfect-to-scale lulu costume i wanna make ^-^ (im a detail whore...) but yeah if you wanna meet up still i'd love to!
Unread 02-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #134
CliffnCain
Chillin'

hey whatsup im a hispanic and me and my sister cosplay also so there we go
CliffnCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #135
Miss Tea
kiss them for me

Quote:
nah i dismantled it though i do plan to make brand new one but not just yet. im hoping to get a Fran costume done (runs to the gym) i love her she reminds me so much of lulu ^-^' (by the way im blonde now so i cant do lulu nyways) maybe in a couple years ill dye my hair back to black and by then ill have my perfect-to-scale lulu costume i wanna make ^-^ (im a detail whore...) but yeah if you wanna meet up still i'd love to!
XDDDDD i wanna one day make a Lulu costume as well... *sigh* id love to have a Wakka to go along with it! ^_^ your first Lulu costume is really great, so im sure that the second version will be great as well!

of course id love to meet up at AX!!!!! i love making new friends!!! we can just hang around and go crazy at the dances for sure! ah, i totally got your PM too ^^

ah, welcome CliffinCain!!! cosplay siblings are super neat!!! ^^