Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
RydiaChunk

anyone at all?

Is anyone at all worried about Katsucon this weekend? I mean in that...the warnings are so high for an attack...and yeah...
RydiaChunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
Sciguy
Agent R

My view, the capitol is the safest place to be in an emegency because it will have the most protection.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Gingerbread Man
You people scare me......

Not at all, like Sciguy said, the capitol area is one of the safest places to be, and with all the other targets around, no one's going to attack a bunch of otaku. and besides, worry will just ruin the weekend. But all in all, I think this is just the precedings for an attack on them, not the other way around. but, I have nothing to back that up except rumors and intuition.
Gingerbread Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #4
Galaxia
What's-Her-Face

Gah - this is exactly the reason why my friend's mom isn't taking my friend and I there....I should have went on a "we can't let them run our lives" tirade, but my friend's mom would have kicked my arse, lol!

I hope everyone that goes has a safe and GREAT time this weekend - I'll miss you all :3
Galaxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 09:23 PM   #5
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

Hi Rydia!!!
<-- kellilla if you can't tell ^^;
kelldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 07:44 AM   #6
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

Just load up on duct tape and plastic sheeting before you come and all will be well. You out of towners do realize we're going to be pretty close to the Pentagon and Regan Airport, right? Hell, wrap yourselves in duct tape, just to be safe.

I think we're used to it around here by now. What with planes crashing into the Pentagon and snipers running around. If we do all die this weekend, at least I'll go out dressed as somebody else.

Here's to cheery attitudes!

"Seventh Day Advent Hoppists - Well you see, they took the Bible literally. Adam and Eve; the snake and the apple... Took it word for word. Unfortunately, their version had a misprint. It was all based on 1 Corinthians 13, where it says, "Faith, hop and charity, and the greatest of these is hop." So that's what they did. Every seventh day. I tell you, Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare. Hopping round the table, serving soup - we all had to wear sou'esters and asbestos underpants."

Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 08:10 AM   #7
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I dont think anything anything will happen . I remember them saying that the terrorists were going to blow up the goldengate bridge (or some bridge) on the 4 of july, or somtime around there. Nothing happened and it just made people more scared that somthing horrible was going to happen. I think all this worrying will be for nothing again, so I don't want this to ruin my weekend.
I want to have a cherry attitude.
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

I'm more worried about being able to get home Sunday through all the bad weather, lol
Like they said, the capitol is one of the safest places to be right now. Canada being the other (j/k) ^^
They just beefed up the defenses around Washington as well, so don't worry about it. Worry won't help, that's something I'm trying to learn. So just go, and make the best of it!
SailorAndromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #9
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally posted by Babylon
Just load up on duct tape ....... before you come and all will be well.
i thought that was an essential cosplay thing to pack?! ::wink::

it may sound cruel.... but don't worry about all the alerts and stuff. think about it.... every since the 1940's people have been worried about someone nuking us... or bombing us. i'm not saying that you shouldn't be on alert, i'm just saying don't let it bother you. : )

besides, nothing can stop my from going to a con! ::evil laugh:: well, except maybe a fire... yeah cuz if it burned down... yeah.... i'll go away now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #10
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzylizzy
i thought that was an essential cosplay thing to pack?! ::wink::
See they go and tell everyone to buy duct tape for protection. Well, being a LARPer and cosplayer, I have several swords made out of duct tape (and PVC and foam). So since I have actual weaponry made from duct tape I believe I am now the alpha human. Come cower behind me and I shall protect you all!

"Seventh Day Advent Hoppists - Well you see, they took the Bible literally. Adam and Eve; the snake and the apple... Took it word for word. Unfortunately, their version had a misprint. It was all based on 1 Corinthians 13, where it says, "Faith, hop and charity, and the greatest of these is hop." So that's what they did. Every seventh day. I tell you, Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare. Hopping round the table, serving soup - we all had to wear sou'esters and asbestos underpants."

Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 11:08 AM   #11
Rinkun
Fareigner to Old Country

at first i got into my paranoid self ^_^; but once i saw all the tanks and air missles on GMA, i felt an odd sense of security XDDD

o_o; i'm still paranoid, though...
Rinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 11:20 AM   #12
RydiaChunk

I was thinking that, about since the security is so beefed up, it would be safe. But...my mom and dad see differently and we're not going at all anyway. ;_; I had my Terra costume all ready too...baaah. I hope you guys have a good time. My parents say they're taking me to Animazement to make up for it...and pay for our hotel and registering and everything! But still...blah.... ;_;

P.S. HI KELL!
RydiaChunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #13
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

I went into NYC when everyone was telling me I was going to get anthrax and die and no one on campus would go into the city for months. Well. Look at me now. :P Besides the fact that I went into NYC at all, rode the subway alone, crossed the street, etc, and managed to survive. And on a regular basis, no less! And I never got mugged. Well anyway point being, I don't think anything nasty is more likely to happen to me this weekend than any other weekend and I don't see the point in worrying anyhow. They've also been telling people to avoid apartment buildings. (What exactly are all of us who live in one, like millions of people in the US, supposed to do? lol.)

And, if anything happens, I'll hide behind Babylon. ^^

I'm just hoping that they don't hand search my suitcase and get everything all disarrayed. :P
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2003, 04:14 PM   #14
Galaxia
What's-Her-Face

Quote:
Originally posted by Babylon
Just load up on duct tape and plastic sheeting before you come and all will be well
I wonder if anyone will cosplay as Duct Tape and Plastic man as a joke?
Unread 02-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
Kellie
» galactic space pirate

For some reason, that's not at the top of my stress list. Getting my costume STARTED is there at the moment. Go me and procrastination!

But seriously, I was just in DC this past weekend under the code orange alert. There were cops everywhere (watch speed demons! ^_~) and so forth. So, it IS the safest place to be. But, it wasn't that bad. Felt like a normal day actually.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote