Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Anime Vegas

Unread 08-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #211
missrelena
Just not enough time!

I'm possibly going to be shot for suggesting this, but how about a get-together after the Hellsing Ultimate (vols. 1 & 2) screenings on Saturday night? If nothing else, we could find a restaurant that is still open and get a bite to drink -- I mean eat -- together. How does that sound?

Planned '13 costumes:
Vivaldi from Alice in the Country ofHearts,
Sanin from Hakuoki
Evil Queen from Sound Horizon Maruchen
Flemeth from Dragon Age II

Help! I'm drowning in fabric!

Member of "The No Life Kings" cosplay group!
missrelena is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #212
Natchan
Dare to Live

O.o that sounds like great fun! Nice slip there by the way (drink- eat) hahaha! I'm cool for that, we should totally do that!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #213
Natchan
Dare to Live

Aw thats too bad, but we have to do what we have to do. Good Luck, and I'll see you at AX next year!
Unread 08-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #214
Assassins Inc.

[Post deleted for private reasons.]

Last edited by Assassins Inc. : 01-07-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: [Post deleted for private reasons.]
Unread 08-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #215
missrelena
Just not enough time!

Rats! I wanted to meet you. . . but education costs way too much as it is to risk your GPA. I hope we get to meet at another con! Lots of luck on your test!

Planned '13 costumes:
Vivaldi from Alice in the Country ofHearts,
Sanin from Hakuoki
Evil Queen from Sound Horizon Maruchen
Flemeth from Dragon Age II

Help! I'm drowning in fabric!

Member of "The No Life Kings" cosplay group!
missrelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #216
Sir_Integra
Cosplay Diva

I think a gathering after the OVA's is a good idea. People who are forin to Vegas, Look both ways before you cross the street.

My day has been shit....so I'm looking forward to the con. Fate will do what it likes....I want it to wait til after. I'd rather not go at all....I don't want to leave everyone here to have fun without me....

God I've jumped off the morbid diving bored....shutting up now.

All Eyes On me In The Center Of The Ring, Just Like A Circus
Sir_Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #217
Leishu

*random*

I'll be there! On assignment, no less! I have been charged with getting things signed by Mr. Hirano. x.x

The TransFlexual

How flexy are you?

http://www.quizilla.com/users/Draigo...20are%20you%3F
Leishu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #218
BlueMew

Leishu- just a note, from a previous Hirano signing, they only let us have one thing signed. I just want to warn you so you're not shocked if that rule is in effect here as well.

I can't wait to meet up with you all. First west coast con. XD

Dragon*Con 2009
CEDF Commander- Star Wars: Outbound Flight
Narcissa Malfoy- Harry Potter
Imperial Admiral- Star Wars
Generic Slytherin Student- Harry Potter
Archbishop Enrico Maxwell- Hellsing
BlueMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #219
Ganguro
I look good in fishnets!

*ahem*
The event schedule isnt finalized yet.. (well by now it is, but I havent received the final version yet) but this bit of info definately is.

Kouta Hirano will be signing for a limited number of people, both on Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3. Please stop by the Anime Vegas Booth, #306, to pick up a ticket for your chance to win a signature plus a sketch from Hirano-san. The drawings will be held at 3:00 PM on Saturday and 1:00 PM on Sunday. The first 30 people drawn each day will be the winners. Only one signature and sketch per winner. Please stop by the Anime Vegas Booth as we will post the winning numbers on or around these times. Hirano will be signing in room 206 at 5:00 PM on Saturday and 4:30 PM on Sunday. The line for the winners will be in the Dealer's Hall on the North end near the Meeting Room Entrance.

Hideyuki Kurata will be signing for a limited time only on Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3 (or roughly about 100 people each day). His signing is in Room 206, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturday and 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Sunday. The line will be capped at 100 and we will start the line at 3:00 PM on Saturday and at 5:00 PM on Sunday. The line is at the North East end of the Hall, close to the Hirano line.

The Hirano/Kurata Panel will be held in the Main Events Room and we will limit attendance to 400 people. The Panel time will start at 2:00 PM on Sunday and End at 4:00 PM. Please line up at the North end of the Exhibit Hall. Follow all the instructions of the Staff and Volunteers and everything should go fine!

Last edited by Ganguro : 08-28-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Ganguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #220
Natchan
Dare to Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguro
*ahem*
The event schedule isnt finalized yet.. (well by now it is, but I havent received the final version yet) but this bit of info definately is.

Kouta Hirano will be signing for a limited number of people, both on Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3. Please stop by the Anime Vegas Booth, #306, to pick up a ticket for your chance to win a signature plus a sketch from Hirano-san. The drawings will be held at 3:00 PM on Saturday and 1:00 PM on Sunday. The first 30 people drawn each day will be the winners. Only one signature and sketch per winner. Please stop by the Anime Vegas Booth as we will post the winning numbers on or around these times. Hirano will be signing in room 206 at 5:00 PM on Saturday and 4:30 PM on Sunday. The line for the winners will be in the Dealer's Hall on the North end near the Meeting Room Entrance.

Hideyuki Kurata will be signing for a limited time only on Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3 (or roughly about 100 people each day). His signing is in Room 206, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturday and 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Sunday. The line will be capped at 100 and we will start the line at 3:00 PM on Saturday and at 5:00 PM on Sunday. The line is at the North East end of the Hall, close to the Hirano line.

The Hirano/Kurata Panel will be held in the Main Events Room and we will limit attendance to 400 people. The Panel time will start at 2:00 PM on Sunday and End at 4:00 PM. Please line up at the North end of the Exhibit Hall. Follow all the instructions of the Staff and Volunteers and everything should go fine!
*gasp* Does that rack anyone elses nerves!?
Unread 08-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #221
Assassins Inc.

[Post deleted for private reasons.]

Last edited by Assassins Inc. : 01-07-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: [Post deleted for private reasons.]
Unread 08-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #222
Hellsing Agent
Open Sesame!

Well, at least we know in advance this time (see gripes & grumbles re: Otakon Hellsing forum).

Also I'll post here as well some advice I put in the Las Vegas Otaku forum:
Anime Vegas Staff - Crowd Control is a Good Thing!

PLEASE have good/friendly security people watching the lines for cutting! If I lose out because tickets or space run out I can deal with that, but HATING it if 98 million people dove in front out of turn!

Also to IWF - Sorry you can't make it; we'll be thinking of you.

Amy B.
Alucard Classic Red (pattern diving)
Mystery-Card(s) (prepping Resurrection Spell)
Other Coolness:
Dr. Blackjack
Virgil Tracy from Thunderbirds
Lady Amelia Saint Gizmo (Steam Era Adventurer)
Hellsing Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #223
Sir_Integra
Cosplay Diva

grr....at least I think they learned from Otakon. They did get bitched out pretty bad for all that crap. lol

All Eyes On me In The Center Of The Ring, Just Like A Circus
Sir_Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #224
BlueMew

Well, I'm just upset because I'd planned on planting myself in line about four hours early so I could get a friend a sketch/signature because I couldn't get it for him at Otakon.

Dragon*Con 2009
CEDF Commander- Star Wars: Outbound Flight
Narcissa Malfoy- Harry Potter
Imperial Admiral- Star Wars
Generic Slytherin Student- Harry Potter
Archbishop Enrico Maxwell- Hellsing
BlueMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #225
Natchan
Dare to Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMew
Well, I'm just upset because I'd planned on planting myself in line about four hours early so I could get a friend a sketch/signature because I couldn't get it for him at Otakon.
I totally understand, my roommate and I were going to be doing the same thing planting ourselves in line for HOURS, and my friend from LA that can't come sent me her vol. 5 to get signed! But I mean I guess I understand its a hard thing to control tonz of crazy fans that want to worship the ground Hirano walks on!