Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Weekend Atlanta

Unread 01-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
o0wraith0o
Evul Lurker ';..;'

Get Ready for the Tri-Cities Anime club X_x

Our anime club is making the trip down from virginia/tennessee to atlanta for AWA, now at first we were skeptical, but then we heard about how bug the dealer rooms are, so that was a plus, but then one of our officers in the club said it was a relitavly small con... until I realized "yo dude... its in friggin ATLANTA.... you think there will only be like 300-500 people at a con in THAT big of a city?

so I came as an unnoficial embassador (aka they dont know I am here) from TCAnime, to retrieve info from people who have been there before... such as whats the usual population at this con, do we have to worry about me and my friends going to room parties and getting plastered at 3 am.... (I <3 Chattacon) and exactly what is there to do at this con... so info is greatly appreciated... and I will see you all in september... look for me I'll either be dressed as Zell from ff7 or Auron from ff10 ^_^

Current Cosplay Outfits:

Edward Elric
Zell Dincht

Cosplay Outfits In The Works:

Zell SeeD Uniform - 0%
Naota from Fooly Cooly - 0%
Orphen - 0%
Auron - Indefinite Hiatus
o0wraith0o is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Muse

I'm not expert on the con, since I've only been there once, but I'll try to help you out.

From what I understand, it's growing pretty quickly every year. AWA 2005 had about 6,000 people.

AWA has the normal convention stuff. Gaming, different anime showing all day, an artist's alley, a masquerade, karaoke (didn't they?), guest panels, a gigantic dealer's room, and Midnight Madness. I thought the dealer's room was fantastic. They also have a rave (rave-ish thing, anyway XD) and a fancy dress ball.

Midnight Madness is a two or three hour thing were they show funny clips from the internet and TV, along with a badly dubbed Japanese movie. I think it's the AMV Hell guys who put together Midnight Madness, but I may be mistaken.

Overall, the con is really fun and worth going to. I hope I helped. ^_^
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
jesspanda
MomoCon Director

If you are representing multiple clubs, let me invite you to the clubs panel! I usually organize it (or i have for the last few years), and I'm always glad to welcome new faces!

And I thought Dave Merrill put on Midnight Madness (he does Anime Hell), not the AMV hell guys, but I could be wrong.

~Jess~
P.S. *cough* You could certainly look into coming to the FREE con in atlanta *cough cough* That I happen to run *cough cough* That is also growing very fast *cough cough*
www.momocon.com
jesspanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspanda
And I thought Dave Merrill put on Midnight Madness (he does Anime Hell), not the AMV hell guys, but I could be wrong.
I think you're right. That just sounds right... I knew it was something about Anime and Hell though! n_n;
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
o0wraith0o
Evul Lurker ';..;'

well we arnt a HUGE anime club, if you want to see the entire club go go my gallery, I have a pic of all of us getting ready to leave Johnson City for Chattacon...

my club thinks I am a wee bit nuts for trying to go to Otakon AND AWA... said I will be completely broke :/ even I am starting to save up like... NOW X_x

but yeah by the time Fall rolls around I am gonna be one happy little demon O_o I <3 Convention season hehe

Current Cosplay Outfits:

Edward Elric
Zell Dincht

Zell SeeD Uniform - 0%
Orphen - 0%
Unread 01-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Shinji_Ikari_01
Prez of AniMacon!!

Actually, there were closer to 7,500 people there. There was also a Cowboy Bebop Lounge, set up kinda like a jazz club (a wonderful alternative to the rave for those who wanted to relax from the day's activities) I hope they bring back the Bebop Lounge.

Cosplay possibilities for future cons:

AWA 13
Shunsui Kyouraku, Bleach
Ryo-Ohki (Cabbit Form), Tenchi Muyo!
Jinta Hanakari, Bleach
Shinji_Ikari_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 06:47 AM   #7
o0wraith0o
Evul Lurker ';..;'

thats gonna be awesome, especially since my friend is coming as Spike XD that would be cool ^_^ and if I have some money left after setting aside for AWA and Otakon and making my Auron cosplay, I think I will make a Naota Cosplay since I have a guitar already the costume wont be too expensive :P

Current Cosplay Outfits:

Edward Elric
Zell Dincht

Zell SeeD Uniform - 0%
Orphen - 0%