Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Miss Mace

Accidental Cosplay

A lot of our costumes are big and fancy and we have to intentionally put them on, but there are a few characters with much more subtle costumes. So, have you ever accidently went out dressed exactly like someone, only to realize it later?

I have the t-shirt Dib wears on Invader Zim. And one day I was wearing it w/ black jeans on my day off. So, when I got invited to come out and it was chilly, I said, "sure, just let me grab a coat," and I grabbed my black trench coat, and my black boots (you'd think I'd have realized what I was doing at some point). Casually walking around later, I looked down, then at them and said, "Why did you let me leave the house dressed like this?"
- Planned/Stalled: Mario (female), Green Lantern (Arisa), 6th Doctor (female), Discord, 7, Janine, Stevonie, Starfire (the Terrible)
- Future/Dreams: Velma, Ryuk, Sardonyx, Penny Dreadful, Sinestro Corps, Pinkie Pie, Dalek, Loki, Hex Maniac, Team Aqua, Professor Ivy, Raven, Bumblebee, Ms Marvel, Mandy, Honey Lemon
Miss Mace is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #2
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

My friend and I were going to go to a small local comic con for the day. I was cosplaying Connor from Assassin's Creed III, and he decided to put on a black shirt and a matching black vest and pair of pants from a suit to 'see what people might think he was cosplaying'. He is also bald. He ended up completely unintentionally doing a rather good Wilson Fisk cosplay, having never even seen Daredevil (he did get mistaken for Fisk several times).

In progress: Mako (Legend of Korra), Bucky Barnes (Captain America: TFA), Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Planned: Big Boss/Naked Snake (MGS3), Roy Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood), Jon Snow (Game of Thrones season 6), Arno Dorian (AC Unity), Mal Reynolds (Firefly), Steve Rogers (Captain America: TFA), General Hux (Star Wars Ep VII)

FacebookdeviantArtInstagram
Cameron1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Whenever I wear my scruffy purple wig and goggles at a con (I'm wearing them here. http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.c...ture-491393593 ), I usually get asked if I'm cosplaying Ramona Flowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #4
Mangochutney
probably a frackpants

I have a green wool poncho with a hood. I often wear it with a white button-up and a pair of brown knee pants and boots, because I love all of those things individually.

And then I walk out the door and suddenly Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Your Mother [Debbie Does Dallas XXIII] (8%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
Mogami Kyouko
bow tie collector

I once had a family member at a convention with me in a vest, white button down and nicer pants be mistaken for Tobari-sensei from Nabari no Ou.

More recently, I was out to go see a musical with my mom. I put on a blue dress I had recently bought. Long and behold, most of the female cast of the show were also wearing light blue dresses. I got a lot of stares that day.

* Thursday: Star Butterfly (Rainbow/Teal Dress) - 100%
* Friday: Doctor Strange (2015 comic version) - 80%
* Saturday: Star Butterfly (Octopus/Green Dress) - 97%
* Sunday: Dipper Pines - 100%
Mogami Kyouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
ghosgreen

Once at my old job when I worked in an office I was had accidentally dressed as Hoskins from Jurassic World. I didn't realize till I got to work. I laughed but none of my co workers noticed since well Hoskins outfit is pretty normal looking.

For a convention for the first time I actually didn't know what to dress up as so I just wore my black trench coat, a grayish tie and hat. One person asked me if I was the Silver Shroud from Fallout 4. Well I had no idea who that was at the time since I didn't get a chance to play Fallout 4. Looked it up and well now it's a legit costume I actually put together in my closet ha ha ha.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2016, 02:45 AM   #7
Magyarita
The Cutest Little They

A few weeks ago, I uploaded a selfie on Facebook of me in my boyfriend's car for a selfie thread. I was wearing a red long sleeved stretch pleather crop top and a gold pleather miniskirt. Everyone who replied to my pic said I looked like "hot fem CEO Iron Man".

Moon Moxxi: Borderlands Pre-Sequel
Anastasia: Anastasia
Saul Goodman: Breaking Bad
Benny Gecko: Fallout: New Vegas
Momoko Koigakubo: Ghost Stories (Dub)
Cameron Van Buren -- MPGiS
Malory Archer: Archer
Deandra: MPGiS
Kamala Khan: Ms. Marvel
Vader Eloha/The Queen: OFF
Princess Suwa: Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
Magyarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #8
Miss Mace

Magyarita, that sounds like something I'd run with, a little more detail and it'd be a pretty sweet costume.
- Planned/Stalled: Mario (female), Green Lantern (Arisa), 6th Doctor (female), Discord, 7, Janine, Stevonie, Starfire (the Terrible)
- Future/Dreams: Velma, Ryuk, Sardonyx, Penny Dreadful, Sinestro Corps, Pinkie Pie, Dalek, Loki, Hex Maniac, Team Aqua, Professor Ivy, Raven, Bumblebee, Ms Marvel, Mandy, Honey Lemon
Miss Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2016, 12:17 AM   #9
ilafatyu
That guy

I accidentally cosplayed Marshall Lee to my family's Christmas gathering last year. Due to not being a Marvel or DC hero, nobody noticed but one of my cousins.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
BeanBunny

At this school I used to work at, we had a WEIRD amount of dress up days. Like, once a month we'd turn into a tiny convention. Very hilarious, really.

We had a Dress As Your Favorite Celebrity Day. I don't have a favorite celebrity, I don't particularly care, so I just wore my favorite outfit and braided my hair up. Done. I looked good, I was happy, close enough.

A parent asked me if I was Princess Leia. Um. Sure! So that was me, I was Princess Leia for the rest of the day.

... the outfit was black, even ...

You're invited! You should come check out the Nintendo Photoshoot and the Undertale Photoshoot.
BeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
belligerent
Viking Metal

basically i dress like john bender from the breakfast club so i guess if that counts
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, England, Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo, Prussia, Shintaro Midorima, Aragorn
Dudes I will be eventually: Guts, Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #12
jdcooper97
Huge Nerd

I went hiking in Yosemite, was wearing a white hoodie, had a camera bag strapped to me from shoulder to hip, and hiking boots. I also had a pocket knight strapped to my belt. It started raining a bit so I put my hood up and realized I looked exactly like a modern minimalist assassin from Assassin's Creed. Once the realization hit I tried extra hard to scale rocks and climb trees. It was a ton of fun.

Last edited by jdcooper97 : 09-14-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Grammar
jdcooper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #13
Scunosi

I don't have too many cosplays that are mostly comprised of casual clothes. The closest I may have gotten was I probably would have worn one of my red shirts with my brown pants at some point, which is what I wore as a base for my femHeavy from TF2. Without the boots and vest and stuff though I don't think anyone would've considered it a cosplay though.

There's also my blue hoodie and basketball shorts for Sans which I may have worn together outside of cosplay once for a workout. That's more likely to get looks today, but I don't exactly...work out often, so it's not something I'll wear together outside of a con again any time soon.

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2016
Possibly: RenCon, NewCon, AkiCon

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #14
PaleSeptember
Cosplay Newb

At the Comic expo this year, my sister and I decided to wear Yukata's (she has a ton from when she lived in Japan). Mine was green with yellow flowers and I had pinned it up above my knees..and I had a big yellow bow on the back. My hair is dark and shoulder length and I had a big clip in my hair.
I had a few people asking if I was Tsukihi from Bakemonogateri. I had never actually seen the anime before either, so I was confused and they googled it and showed it to me and I resembled her quite well! It was awesome. I just went with that for the rest of the day when people asked.
PaleSeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #15
Rahzel
steal back your future.

I don't know if I ever did that 100% unintentionally but I did attend a con as a staff wearing a Sumeragi Lee Noriega closet cosplay once. Also I used to go to exams dressing like Izaya Orihara to give myself a confidence boost, lol.
Rahzel is offline   Reply With Quote