Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #15691
Rcsi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
With certain series, there are lots of background characters who all dress the same. What's wrong with being an original when there are plenty of nameless characters who are wearing that uniform in addition to the main characters? For example, there are lots of girls in Ouran HS Host Club who aren't Renge. There are TONS of soldiers/alchemists in FMA who aren't Roy Mustang. I see no harm in cosplaying one of the uniforms and being an "extra" rather than a main character.
This. I have a yellow Starfleet Uniform that I use to cosplay both Captain Kirk and random Starfleet officers. With Star Trek, it makes sense because there are a lot of different story-lines, not to mention a lot of extras who wear the same uniform.
Rcsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #15692
Koona K.
Soldier of Chaos

People who cosplay who really shouldn't due to medical/ physical reasons and complain the rest of the con expecting me to feel sorry for them. Seriously, I love my friend to death but it seems like something is always wrong with her. Her bum knee, arthritis in her wrists, and she got in a car accident recently, hurt her back and may have to have surgery. So when she cosplays and goes to her first major con with me she complains the entire time about everything. I'm not trying to be mean about it. I really do try to make everything more comfortable from carrying her bags and food (she can't carry anything 10+ pounds) for her down to giving her my shoe pads so her feet wouldn't hurt. But I too have things I wanna go do, see, and people I need to meet. I can't be a babysitter and listen to you whine. If you don't think your up for cosplaying b/c you'll get hurt, DON'T DO IT! And then expect me to sit in a hotel room with you for hours on end b/c you need a break.

O.K. my rants done. I have too many people like this. -_-
Unread 06-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #15693
Green Eyed Lady
Envy Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
^along the same lines..

I hate it when people nitpick. "Isn't that ribbon supposed to be red, not pink?" "Isn't her hair more flippy?" "Isn't her hair darker?" blah blah blah. I did my best with what I could find/make/dye/style/etc, so fuck off ><
Yeah...not to mention that when people nit-pick to that degree....like saying "Isn't it suppose to be this specific length/shade." they aren't even always right because....I'll give an example:

One time someone said to me "Envy's hair isn't that long." and fact is....it really depends on what picture you look at of him for reference. :/ There are official pics where his hair is longer and also official pics where it's a bit shorter.

Example where it's really long:

http://www.animesekai.com/images/uploads/ptrfma011.jpg

Example where it seems shorter(like the far right picture):

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...20059/envy.jpg

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE STOP CARING ABOUT THESE THINGS IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PICTURE YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW MY GOD.

Last edited by Green Eyed Lady : 06-14-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Green Eyed Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #15694
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

New One: whenever I talk about wigs to my friends and/or show them pictures somebody ALWAYS says, "who are you supposed to be, lady gaga?" since when did lady gaga have spiky white hair or curly black hair?

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #15695
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
New One: whenever I talk about wigs to my friends and/or show them pictures somebody ALWAYS says, "who are you supposed to be, lady gaga?" since when did lady gaga have spiky white hair or curly black hair?
I get that alot too. I show my parents or friends my costumes or wigs, and the first thing is like "Wow you look like Lady Gaga!"

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #15696
Convulsive
professional fish bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangledinblue View Post
I get that alot too. I show my parents or friends my costumes or wigs, and the first thing is like "Wow you look like Lady Gaga!"
Why is it that Normies + Wig = Lady Gaga?!
And the one time I DID dress as LG, they thought I was Hannah Montana.

WHAT.

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
new 52 Harley Quinn - Roller Girl outfit
widowmaker

FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #15697
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I like Miss Gaga and all but I hate how people think that dressing up and doing something different = Gaga

Plenty of people did it before her just not to her extent >.> jeez...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 03:31 AM   #15698
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koona K. View Post
People who cosplay who really shouldn't due to medical/ physical reasons and complain the rest of the con expecting me to feel sorry for them.
Here's a related one:

People who have a medical condition that requires regular maintenance (eating regularly, medication, frequent breaks, etc.). But as soon as they hit the convention doors, their regimen goes right out the window. And they wonder why they feel sick a few hours later. Then they fully expect you to go to back to the hotel with them and nurse them back to health.

Double fail points if they've never been formally diagnosed by a licensed medical professional (at least to your knowledge) and the condition only "acts up" when it's convenient to them. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
I like Miss Gaga and all but I hate how people think that dressing up and doing something different = Gaga

Plenty of people did it before her just not to her extent >.> jeez...
Right, then. I now have made it my mission to do a Cindy Lauper cosplay.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 04:51 AM   #15699
Azzie
Squishy alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Here's a related one:

People who have a medical condition that requires regular maintenance (eating regularly, medication, frequent breaks, etc.). But as soon as they hit the convention doors, their regimen goes right out the window. And they wonder why they feel sick a few hours later. Then they fully expect you to go to back to the hotel with them and nurse them back to health.

Double fail points if they've never been formally diagnosed by a licensed medical professional (at least to your knowledge) and the condition only "acts up" when it's convenient to them. >_<
This, THIS. It's not related to cosplay, but I had a friend at school who used to pretend she had asthma for attention. She would use it to get out of P.E lessons, yet she would be magically fine for the ones where we did something that she liked. She would use it to skip out of classes she didn't like, she would even use it to get us to carry her stuff for her.

One memorable time was her faking an asthma attack. It was like you see on TV, the over-dramatic gasping for breath, etc. She never used inhalers, whenever we asked her why, she claimed that she was on special tablets that she had to keep at home.

Anyway, her fake attack got her loads of attention. Until I had a genuine asthma attack a couple of weeks later. I'm usually pretty good with my asthma, I did sports, I kept my inhalers on me at all times, but I was unwell, and that tends to have a pretty big effect. Since you could hear me actually wheezing, people twigged that it was a lot different to the "attack" that she had, and put two and two together.

Magically, her asthma cleared up after that.

In short, I agree.
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #15700
CynicalGraviton

People who complain that your color contacts aren't the exact shade needed. For my ranka cosplay, I've had people who comment that my contacts are a shade off the red that Ranka's are in the anime. They don't realise how hard it is to find red contacts with perscription on them. Not to mention, most of the ones that do come don't cover my blue-green eyes fully, or have an ugly pattern.

Its not as easy as people think it is to find the perfect lenes for a costume. :I

Upcoming cons:
Anime USA
Katsukon
CynicalGraviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #15701
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
Why is it that Normies + Wig = Lady Gaga?!
And the one time I DID dress as LG, they thought I was Hannah Montana.

WHAT.
Maybe they were fooled by your poker face?

...sorry.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #15702
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Oh man, the contacts thing. Some online elitist was bitching about Red/Green cosplays, saying they don't look right without red or green contacts. Canonically, Red and Green's eyes are black and/or brown depending on the source. I do like seeing a Red cosplayer with Red contacts because it adds an extra something, ditto for Green and green contacts... but it's not wrong to go without. It really doesn't matter at all. I won't be able to have contacts for Green but I don't think that will ruin the entire thing.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #15703
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Maybe they were fooled by your poker face?

...sorry.

LMAO.

New peeve: Having to send your cosplay back and wait for the seller to receive it before they start working on your new one.
I now have a least a two month wait.
OTL
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #15704
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Pet peeve of today: Not having enough floor space. I've had to attach a lot of paper together so I could transfer a pattern over. So awkward with a large piece of paper. But I have no-where else that I can work on it either. Oh well, it's done now.
Also, another peeve, circle skirts being huge ass. Geezus, this is going to take a looooooot of fabric.. Didn't know they were so huge ^^;
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #15705
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
New peeve: Having to send your cosplay back and wait for the seller to receive it before they start working on your new one.
I now have a least a two month wait.
OTL
Until then, perfect another random casual cosplay of England~! Like his character CD outfit.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote