Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 393 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 06-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #15691
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiseiHakushaku View Post
Dunno if this is relevant... but...

When a ton of people take your picture at the convention and somehow not one of them uploads the picture. Urrrrg D:
Auh, this @___@;;

I got lucky this year. Got my usual bombardment of people wanting my pictures... and I found like, 5 online.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #15692
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

@ badge showing:
the funny/sad thing about it was this happened at a small con. oh well...

@ wig caps:
like i said before, my hair is too short for a wig cap to do any good. the best i can do is slick it down with hair spray and pin the heck out of the edge of that wig so it doesn't fall off, it usually works just fine, but so far all of my wigs are much longer than my real hair

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #15693
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Another peeve: Touchy people.
I'm cosplaying as Thief Rikku from FFX-2 on Saturday at Kintoki Con and I feel like I'm going to get, like, molested. I know that I chose to wear the costume but I just really don't like perverts.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #15694
moonfall

I have a new one: spray paint. If it gets on your hands, it's sticky and stains everything you touch.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #15695
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Well, I do have to point out: Shoes are shoes. I wear super uncomfortable shoes with cosplay all the time to make it more accurate. Try wearing 4 inch heel boots. Not fun.

So while I can understand you finding that dangerous; they're just trying to be accurate in their costume. And honestly, if it hurts their feet too much, they'll take them off. I seriously doubt wearing uncomfortable shoes for a day will make them distorted to the point of no return. If it hurts, well... we deal with that all the time as cosplayers.
Trust me I've worn tight uncomfortable boots for my cosplay, and I have gone a whole prom in 5 inch heels without removing them. And I have danced in pointe shoes so I know how uncomfortable that is, losing toe nails and all.

Pointe shoes aren't meant to be worn unless you're dancing in them, wearing technique shoes however is fine since they are cloth and flexible and more comfy. And wearing pointe shoes can seriously screw up your feet, especially if you're fooling around and trying to go up on the box without lessons. It's not a matter of accuracy, it's a matter of what you're doing can irreparably damage your ankles, toes, and arches if you don't have them properly sized and you wear them to walk in. The thing is a pointe shoe is only designed with being up on toe in mind. the shank (the bottom part) cuts off before the end of the heel, so that your heel is hanging off the edge of a very hard piece of leather that hurts to walk on. Like I said, I understand it for photos, but not for con going.

I know accuracy is great, but nothing to sacrifice your feet over. Technique shoes with ribbons work just as well and are just as accurate.

Please don't think this is some kind of argument or fight against you, I just wanted to let you know the dangers involved in pointe shoes and I just want girls to know that there is alternatives and they needn't harm their feet. It's more of a peeve that bothers me because I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt from lack of research.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 06-12-2011 at 11:03 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #15696
SycoTik
Ani-Winning!

Hypocritical cosplayers, those who contradict what they say. It is a general statement but it irks me tons cuz I see it often in the community on ALOT of things I won't get into specifics about. I'll just leave it at that.
Anime Expo 2014
hopefully ComicCon 2014
SycoTik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #15697
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Trust me I've worn tight uncomfortable boots for my cosplay, and I have gone a whole prom in 5 inch heels without removing them. And I have danced in pointe shoes so I know how uncomfortable that is, losing toe nails and all.

Pointe shoes aren't meant to be worn unless you're dancing in them, wearing technique shoes however is fine since they are cloth and flexible and more comfy. And wearing pointe shoes can seriously screw up your feet, especially if you're fooling around and trying to go up on the box without lessons. It's not a matter of accuracy, it's a matter of what you're doing can irreparably damage your ankles, toes, and arches if you don't have them properly sized and you wear them to walk in. The thing is a pointe shoe is only designed with being up on toe in mind. the shank (the bottom part) cuts off before the end of the heel, so that your heel is hanging off the edge of a very hard piece of leather that hurts to walk on. Like I said, I understand it for photos, but not for con going.

I know accuracy is great, but nothing to sacrifice your feet over. Technique shoes with ribbons work just as well and are just as accurate.

Please don't think this is some kind of argument or fight against you, I just wanted to let you know the dangers involved in pointe shoes and I just want girls to know that there is alternatives and they needn't harm their feet. It's more of a peeve that bothers me because I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt from lack of research.
You really didn't need to go off on a tangent like that 8|;; I've been in ballet for years. I know.

And what I do know is that they may be uncomfortable, really not appropriate for cons, but people are gonna do what they're gonna do. And for all you know, they do know what they're doing. You never know unless you ask.

They might have added padding in the back of the shoes. They might just look like pointe shoes but aren't, and they just did a really good job of covering it up. You never know.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #15698
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
You really didn't need to go off on a tangent like that 8|;; I've been in ballet for years. I know.

And what I do know is that they may be uncomfortable, really not appropriate for cons, but people are gonna do what they're gonna do. And for all you know, they do know what they're doing. You never know unless you ask.

They might have added padding in the back of the shoes. They might just look like pointe shoes but aren't, and they just did a really good job of covering it up. You never know.
The internet is tricky, I would have never known you danced unless you told me. Sorry, I guess I go on tangents a bit when I speak about things I love/I am passionate about. Didn't mean to come off as, well aggressive. ^^U

I'm just think a real dancer wouldn't walk in pointe shoes as they're expensive and easily ruined from just walking in. So that is how I reach that conclusion.

I know that one girl was wearing them though, I could tell because she was close enough.

I just feel like educating is the only path I can go about it so I try to let every person I encounter who thinks about buying them know the dangers behind them and how expensive they are.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 06-13-2011 at 06:03 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #15699
Stina006
Even in darkness...

"Where's your Panda? where's your white ribbons in your hair? where's your Scar? where's your BLAHDUJXSKABX KNA"
stop asking! if i could have it i would dammit! DX
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #15700
Rin_Ama

My pet peeve? hmmm People who don't dress up, attend cons and make fun of the people who DO. I also don't like people who dress in clothing that is too small for their body type or cosplay as a character and when you ask them who they are, they're like "I have no clue."
Rin_Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #15701
SycoTik
Ani-Winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin_Ama View Post
My pet peeve? hmmm People who don't dress up, attend cons and make fun of the people who DO. I also don't like people who dress in clothing that is too small for their body type or cosplay as a character and when you ask them who they are, they're like "I have no clue."
That annoys me too ><
Anime Expo 2014
hopefully ComicCon 2014
SycoTik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #15702
Princess Yuni

I dunno if this is with all cons but I went into the video game room to play ssbb, all 3 days it pretty much was the same people they didn't get off much....and the thing that really made me mad one of them was talking so rudely to one of the staff, correcting everything he said...It just came off very rude and ungrateful....
Princess Yuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #15703
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
"Where's your Panda? where's your white ribbons in your hair? where's your Scar? where's your BLAHDUJXSKABX KNA"
stop asking! if i could have it i would dammit! DX

FOR. REAL. I freakin' hate when people ask where my "so-and-so" is or whatever.
It's/they're not arounds. Deal with it.
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #15704
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post

FOR. REAL. I freakin' hate when people ask where my "so-and-so" is or whatever.
It's/they're not arounds. Deal with it.
lol. I had that happen on another level this weekend. I was Jeanne and almost everyone asked me "where's Bayonetta?" Hell if I know. I was the only one last year. Pretty sure there wasn't one this year. And if there was, I'd latch on to her to get as many pictures as possible. lol

I really need to work on smart responses. I was being too nice and said "I don't know. I don't think there is one this year" and just tried to be polite and smile. It's just a minor pet peeve. More of an annoyance and less of a peeve. Kind of sucky sometimes that you can only be identified if you have the main character of a series at your side. Semi-obscurity has it's drawbacks.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #15705
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

^along the same lines..

I hate it when people nitpick. "Isn't that ribbon supposed to be red, not pink?" "Isn't her hair more flippy?" "Isn't her hair darker?" blah blah blah. I did my best with what I could find/make/dye/style/etc, so fuck off ><