Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 357 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #18286
Nanatsunotaizai
Flux, the Awesome

I've never been to a con, but I would have to say I would dislike those people who get into costume, but don't even try to act even slightly like the character the are portraying. You don't have to fool yourself into believing you're Ash Ketchum or Naruto or Inuyasha or whatever for the weekend, but atleast be willing to do some roleplay!
Nanatsunotaizai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #18287
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private_Kaisser View Post
This one isn't so much a universal peeve as much as it
is one that applies specifically for Ezio cosplayers.
And it is an understandable mistake, since not many
people know everything there is to know about
Assassins Creed.

But this exchange makes me facepalm hard in my head
Person: WOW! cool costume!
Me: omgsh thanks! D
Person: Altair, right?
Me: Hahhh yep pretty much
Inner me: DAMMIT IM EZIO FFFFFFFF---
I understand the pain.
My bf cosplay's Dante, and someone confused him as Nero.
Yeah both have white hair, but one is shirtless with a blaring red coat and is totally awesome, while the other one wears a royal blue coat, with a shirt and is totally a pussy.
We correct them when they make the mistake politely, but inside my bf and I are having hissy fits lol!
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #18288
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrinator View Post
i've seen the fat hating, but i'm specifically referring to the skinny hating as it seems to be addressed less. i scanned this very thread and saw a number of people here referring to skinny people as anorexic, among a lot of other trash talk.

i'm quite disgusted.
I've never seen someone refer to a skinny person as anorexic... but only discussions where (as I mentioned before) it's lose/lose and no matter what there will be people who will bitch about either of them because... frankly they're delusional and hold a cartoon to an unrealistic standard.

Most of the people on coscom (the sane and the regulars) could give two shits about your weight.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #18289
namida009

My new pet peeve...
Fantards.

Sorry, but at the last con I went to, the Hetalia cosplayers were absolutely horrible. There was once a day and age when the fandom consisted of mostly intelligent people, but, alas, no longer.
I've now had to retire my Belarus cosplay (except in the case of small, picnic-style gatherings with a few close friends) just because I've lost the patience of having to endure watching all of the flag-abuse and "OmG Kawaaii Desu desu nation yaoi!!1!" if I should bring it to a con.
namida009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #18290
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Oh joy, I can't WAIT to have the fan girls harass me and my friend then >.O
just say "sorry I don't do that" XD
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #18291
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
I've never seen someone refer to a skinny person as anorexic... but only discussions where (as I mentioned before) it's lose/lose and no matter what there will be people who will bitch about either of them because... frankly they're delusional and hold a cartoon to an unrealistic standard.

Most of the people on coscom (the sane and the regulars) could give two shits about your weight.

:/ I've been referred to as anorexic quite a few times by overweight women..

Actually a few weeks ago, there was a thread for overweight people and I believe in it someone was referring to us skinny people as anorexics..

I don't want to be referred to as anorexic just as overweight people probably don't wanna be referred to as fatty mc fat fat.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #18292
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post

Actually a few weeks ago, there was a thread for overweight people and I believe in it someone was referring to us skinny people as anorexics..

I don't want to be referred to as anorexic just as overweight people probably don't wanna be referred to as fatty mc fat fat.
We have all been accused of being too this or too that by all the various jerks of the world. We know you what you're coming from and completely understand.
Jerks are everywhere, even here. Trick is to just ignore them. The quicker you do that, the less stressed you'll be. =)

Unread 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #18293
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seority View Post
We have all been accused of being too this or too that by all the various jerks of the world. We know you what you're coming from and completely understand.
Jerks are everywhere, even here. Trick is to just ignore them. The quicker you do that, the less stressed you'll be. =)

lmao it doesn't bother me to much, I usually end up counter trolling them because I myself like to troll those who deserve trolling. lol I'll troll them back until they get so upset they ignore me instead. I make them learn their lesson.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #18294
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Oh trolling is slightly different then just being a jerk. I love to troll myself, but I don't troll people I don't know, or at least not to an extent that it would be taken as offense.
Counter-trolling is totally fair though. =)

I only used that pic because I couldn't find one that said "Jerks everywhere" lol.
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #18295
Stina006
Even in darkness...

girl at con who wears Yoko or theif Rikku= slut.
I hate that mindset...
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #18296
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
girl at con who wears Yoko or theif Rikku= slut.
I hate that mindset...
^THIS

All 'sexy' cosplays = sluts/attention whores. :/ Annoying.
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #18297
HerrLudwig
Yotsubato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namida009 View Post
My new pet peeve...
Fantards.

Sorry, but at the last con I went to, the Hetalia cosplayers were absolutely horrible. There was once a day and age when the fandom consisted of mostly intelligent people, but, alas, no longer.
I've now had to retire my Belarus cosplay (except in the case of small, picnic-style gatherings with a few close friends) just because I've lost the patience of having to endure watching all of the flag-abuse and "OmG Kawaaii Desu desu nation yaoi!!1!" if I should bring it to a con.
I don't see a problem in them. They just like Hetalia (or whatever) more than you. I don't like when they use flags as capes or sheets, so I agree with you on that. But I don't see a problem with showing extreme appreciation. I rather see "OMG KAWAII FINLAND" than "Finland's cool. Yeah...."
Fanpeople should'nt make you stop cosplaying a series you like.
HerrLudwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #18298
ferrinator
Hiei the Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post

same. i have seen it in this very thread and other forums on this site so many times it's surprising.

another thing i've noticed is that people will openly chit-chat about how skinny people are anorexic looking or have eating disorders, but it's pretty uncommon to see people openly chatting about how nasty fat people are, etc.

i brought it up in this thread because i saw it so much in this thread it was pissing me off a bit. i get that overweight people get picked on, but to say "oh well everyone gets hate" kind of lessens the value of my point. i've seen people get reamed in this thread for saying they think overweight cosplayers shouldn't wear certain outfits, while those who do the reaming then complain about how gross they think skinny people are.

Aki-Con 2012
Haji- Blood+ - (not yet started)
ferrinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #18299
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I got my first bit of DA hate ever today. I guess I'm moving up in the world?

I posted a picture of my Wind Waker Link cosplay, and a girl commented that she didn't recall Link being so corpulent.

Firstly, I laughed because trust me to get the eloquent flamer, and secondly, it's a shot of my face and shoulders. How does she know I'm corpulent? I am a bit overweight, but you can't even tell from the pictures. As far as she knows I just have a round face.

Part of me just finds it funny, but another part is like "...I'm corpulent... I'll just stay in bed today..." -sulks- Even though the only thing she has on DA is a picture of herself in her bathroom mirror making a duck face, so she's obviously just a lurking flamer. It still makes you a little upset.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #18300
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsunotaizai View Post
I've never been to a con, but I would have to say I would dislike those people who get into costume, but don't even try to act even slightly like the character the are portraying. You don't have to fool yourself into believing you're Ash Ketchum or Naruto or Inuyasha or whatever for the weekend, but atleast be willing to do some roleplay!
Not everyone is a roleplayer and you can't really expect people to be. Lord knows I'm no roleplayer - not really interested in it either.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote