Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-21-2012, 05:12 AM   #19036
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
Pet Peeve: Looking up cosplay ideas and finding gorgeous, intricate, detailed, awesome ball gowns from some anime/game... Then when you look up the characters you find out it might potentially be a hentai.
It's not Princess Waltz, is it? I'm finding I'm in that same dilemma. I picked up the game because it looked gorgeous (and the sex scenes just kinda seem... wedged in there). I'm a little iffy about cosplaying from the game, but OMG Angela's dress.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #19037
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

More of a site peeve then a general cosplay peeve....but seeing people constantly bumping their threads in the marketplace forums. I get it if you come back every few days, and just bump it. But to see people do it every hour...ridiculous and it doesn't make me want to buy anything from you. Sorry after seeing a few people do that it just got on my nerves.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #19038
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Pet Peeve: My own guit, people who just don't listen, and people not getting the fact something is the wrong color. All three combined.

Reason's why: Someones trying to buy a wig of me for a cosplay and keeps trying but I keep trying to tell her that it's the wrong color for that particular cosplay. She wants to buy my auburn wig but er... she wants to use it for Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Sora has brown hair. I just don't want her buying this wig from me and being disappointed when its not the right color. But er...I guess if she keeps bothering me about it then I'll just sell it to her I guess. This be so much easier if it wasn't one of my fb... UGH I tried at least? I have no right to deny her...

Don't let someone make you get a wig that wont work for your cosplay. If she wants the wig for her self then let her buy it. I know how irritating it is to have a wig that's not the right color. I just wanna burn my entire cosplay when something doesn't match!(but I never would because I love my cosplays too much!!)
2014 Cosplay Plans:
~~~~~~~
Possible 2015 cosplays:
~~~~~~~
DeviantART:
http://ritsukauzumaki.deviantart.com/
FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/RitsukaUzumaki
RitsukaUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #19039
GenLover

Pet Peeve: I hate myself in costume! I'll get so excited about cosplaying a character and then I see a photo of it and think it's TERRIBLE
The wandering soul knows no rest.

My Page

2017 Convention List:
Anime Crossroads ~ February 24-26, 2017
Indiana Comic Con ~ April 14-16, 2017
Indiana Pop Con ~ July 7-9, 2017
GenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #19040
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitsukaUzumaki View Post
Don't let someone make you get a wig that wont work for your cosplay. If she wants the wig for her self then let her buy it. I know how irritating it is to have a wig that's not the right color. I just wanna burn my entire cosplay when something doesn't match!(but I never would because I love my cosplays too much!!)
I think you miss understand? She's trying to buy the wig from me.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #19041
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
If it's your wig you have EVERY right to refuse to sell it to her... however if she gets disappointed it is her fault.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #19042
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

Quote:

Oh my mistake.(That's what I get for replying while I'm tired! >.<)
Well then here's pretty much the same thing just turned around.

Don't let her buy the wig. Tell her how weird it will look and just have her get the right color. As I said before it REALLY irritates me to have or to see a cosplayer with a good cosplay but then go and ruin it with a bad, wrongly style, wrongly colored, or even justed a messed up wig. :P

I've tried to help out a friend too before but they didn't take my advice.
haha but the next time they went to buy a wig they made sure to listen to my opinion on it.
2014 Cosplay Plans:
~~~~~~~
Possible 2015 cosplays:
~~~~~~~
DeviantART:
FaceBook:
Unread 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #19043
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

I need to finish my two lasts cosplays for 30th June D:! I have to help a friend with a detail of her cosplay, help my boyfriend finish his two cosplays and rehearsing for para-para and cosplay contests, and for that I need the July month up until 17th.

I'm running out of time and the costume I'm trying to finish is taking too long to have it done!
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #19044
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Current Peeve: when my friends act like I am a character I cosplay, even when I'm not dressed as said character.

Like this one series, there is one character who is in love with and is always stalking and creeping on Lucille, the character I cosplay. My friend is cosplaying the stalker character, and one day, my cosplay group was hanging out not in costume, and my friend decided to pick me up in a hug and carry me into a closet shouting "LUCILLE!". I kicked him in the shin. I am not really Lucille. Dude, when you do that, it's creepy beyond belief.

He tried again to hug/pick me up later in the week...except this time I was dressed as Majic from Orphen. Majic=/=Lucille.

And my other friend randomly started calling me a pervert and a creeper because I said I wanted to cosplay Friagne from Shakugan No Shana. I am not Friange, I do not creep on people. Stop saying I do.

It also annoys me when my friends get WAY too in character -_-
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Decim-Death Parade, Akoya Gero-the Magical Boy anime, Makoto Kowata-Flying Witch, Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoshiko Tsushima-Love Live Sunshine, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #19045
Asa Gohan
Cussin at Sewing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenLover View Post
Pet Peeve: I hate myself in costume! I'll get so excited about cosplaying a character and then I see a photo of it and think it's TERRIBLE
This is so me. I think its the perfectionist in me.

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #19046
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
It's not Princess Waltz, is it? I'm finding I'm in that same dilemma. I picked up the game because it looked gorgeous (and the sex scenes just kinda seem... wedged in there). I'm a little iffy about cosplaying from the game, but OMG Angela's dress.
No actually it's called Bunny Black. The game might be similar in the sex scenes being wedged in there, which also is good considering I can't locate ANY info on the game at all.

Here are the two most likely candidates for me and my sister.

Me: http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...1028708666.jpg

My sister: http://s2.zerochan.net/240/49/20/976049.jpg

She said she's okay with it, and if she feels uncomfortable with the length or the cleavage, i can always adjust it to add a bit so it's not as 'revealing'.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #19047
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

When some one offers to help you with a cosplay, but then "can't" because "something came up".

or when you buy a cosplay, because your friend wants to cosplay from the same anime, but then they end up getting a cosplay from a different series. So aggravating!!!
2014 Cosplay Plans:
~~~~~~~
Possible 2015 cosplays:
~~~~~~~
DeviantART:
FaceBook:
Unread 06-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #19048
Tigress

Quote:
No actually it's called Bunny Black. The game might be similar in the sex scenes being wedged in there, which also is good considering I can't locate ANY info on the game at all.

Here are the two most likely candidates for me and my sister.

Me: http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...1028708666.jpg

My sister: http://s2.zerochan.net/240/49/20/976049.jpg

She said she's okay with it, and if she feels uncomfortable with the length or the cleavage, i can always adjust it to add a bit so it's not as 'revealing'.
I don't know if Hedane (huge doujinshi seller that has a huge rainbow yaoi flag) ever makes it cons in your area, but they are very knowledgeable about all things smut-related. You can ask them for more details or even if they can obtain the game for you.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #19049
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I don't know if Hedane (huge doujinshi seller that has a huge rainbow yaoi flag) ever makes it cons in your area, but they are very knowledgeable about all things smut-related. You can ask them for more details or even if they can obtain the game for you.
'Unfortunately' the cons in my area are mostly family friendly ones Do they have a website?
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #19050
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
'Unfortunately' the cons in my area are mostly family friendly ones Do they have a website?
Ugh, the Yaoi Guy, he's at the London MCM Expo all the time. It's a family friendly con too, but they do sell 18+ stuff, of course, you need ID.

I supposed this leads on to a peeve; the Yaoi Guy. Jeez, him and obscenities being shouted out and harassing congoers has caused an outrage amongst a lot of the attendees. There's a petition going around to try and get rid of him. But typical for MCM Expo, they never listen to complaints >.>
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote