Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 383 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #19036
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Running out of a needed material. I thought I had enough Velcro for both of my boot covers. No, just for one. This is just like running out of thread.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #19037
~Shana~
Make a contract with me!

Loosing all my bobby pins before a con! And also when they stick out of my wig it's terrible! And then when my forehead get's really sweaty from my wig and I look like a mess with my makeup flying off of me during the day.

Con list 2014
ALA
Fanime
Anime Expo
Anime California
PMX
~Shana~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #19038
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

When you screw up a cut of fabric and wind up short just a few inches to redo it.
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #19039
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khos View Post
That is pretty common and I totally agree, but what I was seeing in the thread was people who did put a lot of work into their costumes complaining about how popular a certain genre was. They were talking about how people who didn't put too much effort into their costume cosplayed from a certain genre (so really, they were complaining more about the genre than the cosplayer, but using the cosplayer as an excuse), and those people got more pictures than them. It's more a case of photo envy, really.
I actually saw a lot of this in the Hellsing community when it was still popular. The super-detailed people were hating on the non-detailed people because they got attention. The non-detailed people were hating on those that had the money to buy Armani double-breasted suits. The ones that bought custom-made costumes hated on those that made theirs, but it wasn't OMG perfect. The ones using wigs hated on those using their natural hair.

... Gee, I wonder why the Hellsing fandom is a shadow of its former self.

I still love how someone hated on me when I did my first attempt at Integra. When I explained that I was unemployed at the time and put everything together on $40, she suddenly felt bad about criticizing me. When I got another (much better) job, I revamped that costume with a new... everything and still wear it like a boss today.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #19040
LakuriSyaoran
Queen of Feels

( I'm sorry I got all ranting and like, sooo much stuff. is 1:21 am and I just feel rather complainy. all. day. with. family. x.x also i appologize for any missing Ts my t key is being mean and not typeing them, I can only catch so many.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfall View Post
Another thing that annoys me is when I'm cosplaying by myself and someone asks "Where's (name of another character)?" I've started giving smart-assed answers.
This happened to me soooo many times at Fanime. I was the only Princess Cadence (mlp) and the comments legit were: 1. Pretty costume! 2. I think you are the only one here 3. Where's shining Armor?
The funny thing is one of my best friends is being Shining Armor, but he lives across the country, and luckily is comming to AX with me again this year; so after a while, every single time the last part was asked I was just like ._. Florida. Shining Armor is in Florida.

~~
My pet peeves as of late:

1. Friends getting offended because they wanted to "surprise me" by doing a couple cosplay with me... already, just no. And then when they find out that I have someone else doing that cosplay ( which was planned wwaaayyy before hand) they get all offended. It may be that I'm just frustrated as hell anyways with this person, but I just found that obnoxious. ( Online friend meeting at a con vs. said shining armor above whom i asked as soon as I decided to be cadence x.x )

2. my 2 week before hand I CAN SEW ALL THE COSPLAYS mind set. it happens every single time. Its like I will be all of everything is good, I can wear as is, or like this little thing needs to be painted or mended. but once its 2 weeks before my mind is like YOU ARE DOING THIS COSTUME RIGHT NOW! ( hence Assasin Serah Farron.... which like last month I was like eh, eventually.)

3. Wigs. just, grah wigs. I'm more for things looking "natural" ( which a friend moced me for saying about my konako wig lol) then like spot on accurate but solid as a rock, but just in general, people, a leas get good ones x.x not the like HELLO IM SHINY thin wigs at like the k-mart Halloween section for $10. depending on the wig you could get a way beer one online for like $15 >.<

4. ( I originally wrote a HUGE ran of this lol heres he edited down version)
FAMILY NOT UNDERSANDING I COSPLAY PARTICULAR THINGS. THEY COME FROM REFRANCE PICTURES. Holy freakin crap ok. This bugs me to no end recently.
Recent instances:
#1 Grandma tried to guilt me into letting my cousin use my bowblade for Sera Farron for his first fanime ever.( and I havenít seen him in YEARS) He was not cosplaying as Serah, nor anyone from Final Fanasy. He doesnít even know what ff is. So after much debate I finally just said no, is mine and I need it all days ( lie, lol)
She then asked me to make his props ( which you prop makers out there know, its work and its not like his birthday and I wasntít gonna be paid or given credit, like with my friends who I make things for cause hey will be with me and any questions or comments they go I didnít do it and I get the questions, which I love! ) She then was like I dunno just make him something, and proceeded to guilt me.
#2 Same kind of situation, but nicer. Today my aunt or cousin, Idk asked me if I could make something for her son ( younger male cousin I see 3-4 times a year, and heís adorable XD ) for his birthday. I was like sure! I defiantly could! Because I know he has an interested in videogames cause he is interested in anything that is a video game, regardless of actual game XD but again, I asked what and she was like I dunno just somthin cool. GRAH
#3 my Assassinís creed shirt. My relatives seem to have this idea that if they tell me to change the design of a costume I will go alone with it and be all omg it looks so good now! They liked everything about the shirt, but the hood. They waned me to take the poin off he hood cause they claimed it looked silly ( exep one aunt hat liked it XD ) finally my dad was like itís from Assasinís Creed guys, thatís how it is.
#4 last bit. I like to make custom dolls (ponies, barbies, ect) and a long time ago I made a custom Barbie of Tifa from FFVIIAC and my aunt insisted that I give her fishnets, they go suuupppeerrr pissed off hen I told her no, that isnít what Tifa looks like.

~*~
Cons for 2014:
AOD , Fanime, Anime Expo, SD Comicon?
New Cosplays:
Lightning - Midnight Mauve; Anna, From Frozen
Returning Cosplays:
-Serah Farron (XIII-2) Standard; Lightning - Default LR outfit, Tootiana - Rise of the Guardians
~*~
LakuriSyaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #19041
mushytaro
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

My family will never understand. I'm just starting to cosplay and my mom thinks it's super easy. She told me to go to Walmart to buy my cosplay...
I know there are some things I can buy at Walmart, but definitely not a whole BRS or Utena cosplay. I try to explain this to her, but then she tells me to wear a school girl uniform and be done with it. @_@ Nuuu. I actually want to try!
Rin Okumura (Ao no Exorcist)-10%

Attending:
Anime Expo 2012
AWA 2012
Saboten Con 2012
mushytaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #19042
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakuriSyaoran View Post

This happened to me soooo many times at Fanime. I was the only Princess Cadence (mlp) and the comments legit were: 1. Pretty costume! 2. I think you are the only one here 3. Where's shining Armor?
The funny thing is one of my best friends is being Shining Armor, but he lives across the country, and luckily is comming to AX with me again this year; so after a while, every single time the last part was asked I was just like ._. Florida. Shining Armor is in Florida.
Gah I feel your pain on that one. At Anime USA last year I was Charden from Black Cat and a bunch of people would come up to me and say "Charden! Where's Kyoko?" My Kyoko didn't have the money to come to the con that year, so Kyoko couldn't make it, OK people? DX
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #19043
MotherSilver

Pet Peeve: Looking up cosplay ideas and finding gorgeous, intricate, detailed, awesome ball gowns from some anime/game... Then when you look up the characters you find out it might potentially be a hentai. That's not necessarily a problem I guess, but I know that a lot of people feel that hentai cosplayers are weird. But that's just it-these costumes dont' look like hentai costumes! And they're amazing! And my sister is still trying to pick her first costume, so I thought maybe we could do them together (she'll be eighteen when she does do her first costume) but now I'm afraid to even mention them to her...

Things just got complicated and I've never had to deal with this before. I really love the designs of these costumes, and for the most part they're covering important things! Some of the dresses have slight cleavage but... they're ball gowns for crying out loud...
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #19044
usuyukisou

^ Many anime series started off as H-games. Some are even ridiculously popular in the mainstream, such as Fate/Stay Night.

Pet Peeve: The "zomg limited edition" culture of things in Japan .____. I'd sure love to buy me Yuna's necklace, but they aren't sold anymore... urgh, metalworking time...
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #19045
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
^ Many anime series started off as H-games. Some are even ridiculously popular in the mainstream, such as Fate/Stay Night.
So if it doesn't look like hentai, but just a beautifully done dress, will it go over well?

I showed my sister the dresses and explained all that to her, and she still loves the dresses and started picking out her favorites. I think that was her deciding she loved the dresses so much she didn't care what they were from. Also considering I can't find jack diddly squat about the game/anime, I'm wondering if it's even well known :/

I'm debating on just doing the dresses because they really are gorgeous.
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #19046
Isikaru

People telling me to smile in photos. There's this thing called being in character! What is it with people and their OCDness about having to see people smiling all the time anyway?
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #19047
usuyukisou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
So if it doesn't look like hentai, but just a beautifully done dress, will it go over well?
I don't think anyone will mind unless you go about reenacting scenes from the game.
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #19048
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

When someone goes up to one of your friends and you because you have a closet cosplay of Sasuke and Naruto because you didn't have time to fix your Naruto cosplay because of finals and they bully you! This happened to me and one of my friends. And the sad part is that they FOLLOWED us! We had to pass by the registration area where we knew staff was and they left us alone.
Kibalover100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #19049
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
I don't think anyone will mind unless you go about reenacting scenes from the game.
Oh no of course not, my sister isn't like that and neither am I. In fact this game is just so underground I can't find anywhere to download it or even find clips of it! I'm trying hard just so I can get an idea of the characters, is this one shy, is that one outlandish, does that one have a sense of humor? But so far, nothing. We'll probably just stand there and look pretty.

Last edited by MotherSilver : 06-20-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Neither are I, such wonderful grammar I have this evening.
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #19050
browncoatnaruto
Found My Fight

The costume you wear being too hot to wear out in 30 degree heat. 0.o

http://browncoatnaruto.deviantart.com/ -My Deviant Art
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brown...64647923641311 -My Facebook Page
http://twitter.com/BrownCoatNaruto -My Twitter
browncoatnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote