Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 379 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #19381
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
With the advent of digital photography, I just take the picture of them both, then do individual shots. Dump the ones I don't want and voila! no drama.
I was just about to say this. I have two 2 GB cards, so it's not that much trouble to get pictures of both people. Sometimes, the other person hasn't had that many pictures taken of them and they feel kinda left out.

And you never know: they actually may be part of the series and you just aren't aware of it. My brother and I ran into that when we were cosplaying Voltron and Allura. Everyone wanted pictures of him and they looked at me strange because I posed with him. We were going "um... Allura's one of Voltron's pilots..." Silly kids not knowing their old school anime.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #19382
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
..Yeah, it's mean and shallow, and I've accidentally been 'that friend' a couple of times, but it still irritates me when it happens to me while taking a picture.
This is why I always ask whether they want a picture of both of us, since Ash Ketchum is recognised by everyone but Gary not so much and I don't want to be that friend. This exact thing happened on Friday, where a non-congoing student came up and asked for my friend's picture, saying she was trying to get a picture of every Pokémon character she saw. We asked whether she wanted me in it too then, being from Pokémon and all, and she just said "Who's Gary Oak?"... so I just quietly scooted away, pfff.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #19383
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

My pet peevee right now.. is people telling me that me and my fiancé planned the proposal at Anime North 2012 just so we could win a masquerade prize..

No we didn't plan it! My fiancé planned this all in secret, toyed with the audio while I wasn't home to be able to suprise me on stage with a proposal. It wasn't to win anything.. geez I didn't even think we would win something. It was my second time in a masquerade and I was doing it for the sheer fun of it!

*pouts* yeah.. that's my rant.. that and boot covers being evil..
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #19384
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Pet Peeve: Not to sound like an ungrateful bitch but friends who agree to help you with cosplay stuff then keep changing the budget he's willing to do to explain he agreed to help me with some stuff in return for me helping him out a lot.....so we came up with a budget that I thought he was fine with but then all I get from him is whining about he wants to go out to eat.... well i'm sorry but you agreed to plan and I want you to stick it
He was paying me 25$ one week to set aside for him so he wouldn't spend it then 50$ the next week the weeks he would pay me fifty is when he would whine and I finally got sick of it....to the point I just went screw it YOU ASK ME to HELP YOU you whiny bastard and all you do is COMPLAIN ....last I checked I am helping you with costumes in addition to including mine to save on shipping so not wanting to hear his pathetic whining I changed the plan AGAIN to 25$ A week..... except at the first of the month and he went "BUt what about eating out?" Me: "Dude.....you want to cosplay! Cosplayers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Cosplaying's first law of equivalent exchange." (Lol FMA like XD) feh If I am ungrateful....I apologize but really GEH....
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #19385
Talossa
We try hardcore!

Pet peeve? When I'm in the middle of working on something and need to make a long trip someplace, and the something I'm working on isn't portable. Gah, if only I could take it with me this would be done so much quicker...
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #19386
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
"Who's Gary Oak?"...
....WUT.

Geez! Kids these days... He was like everywhere in 1st Gen

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #19387
Eljay42

I have a grievance to air:
Pinky Pie cosplays or Pinky Pie wigs being sold where the hair is wavy at best. It bugs me because the character is CLEARLY sporting big, curly, hair. It's partially an accuracy problem and partially a society problem. I worry these cosplayers feel they wouldn't look pretty with hair that isn't straight. The reality is that you would have big, curly, pink, hair. I can barely think of anything more awesome and pretty, and society should be ashamed for making anyone think otherwise.
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #19388
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay42 View Post
I have a grievance to air:
Pinky Pie cosplays or Pinky Pie wigs being sold where the hair is wavy at best. It bugs me because the character is CLEARLY sporting big, curly, hair. It's partially an accuracy problem and partially a society problem. I worry these cosplayers feel they wouldn't look pretty with hair that isn't straight. The reality is that you would have big, curly, pink, hair. I can barely think of anything more awesome and pretty, and society should be ashamed for making anyone think otherwise.
Sorry, I'm being a posting ho atm lol
But this isn't really a peeve of mine - I would just like to see more Pinkie's step it up. I would love to see a Pinkie with ferocious hair. I always interpreted her hair as super frizzy (Since it did frizz up when the first sonic rainboom happened). Her hair is styled like that ever since.
Something like this: http://arda-wigs.com/collections/nicki

Last edited by AshofRebirth : 08-14-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #19389
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Not having a good desk specifically for cosplay to work on things. I have a great amount of floor space for cutting fabric and such - but it kills my back to work there on basic things other than cutting. Though I also have the comfort of my bed - but minimal space means everything gets lost in my bedding or constantly drops on the floor! We have a large dining room table, but I'm only allowed to use my sewing machine on it, and nothing else - my Mom is worried I'd scratch the table >.>

So yeah, I'd like a nice desk for multi-tasking, something spacious, things won't get lost and get a nice comfy chair where my back doesn't make me feel old! But I don't have the room...

Damn.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #19390
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Not being able to choose between buying another cosplay or buying new video games. ;A;

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #19391
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
I just thought of one.
When you see something for a cosplay that is pretty much perfect, but you don't buy it, but when you go back to buy it later (say like a week or so), its gone...I sadly did this...they were the perfect Kiki shoes. Now they don't even get made in that color anymore. >.<
This is why if I see something fairly rare, if I even remotely want or need it for something, I try to get it. This has happened far too often Dx

Also, if I see one more cosplayer cosplaying a male that has overdone makeup I might scream. I wear a lot of makeup, too, compared to my day-to-day..but a lot of this is just so many levels of ridiculous. She has to be the only person I've seen it on that I think does it with some class. Four fake eyelashes piled on top of one another (yes, I've seen someone recommend this in a tutorial) is probably NOT going to work unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #19392
AshofRebirth

New peeve:

Jo-ann's.. They keep sending me e-mails. "AWESOME SALE AWESOME SALE
But here's the catch... IT'S WEB-EXCLUSIVE"

Jo-ann's. I don't want to buy something from you ONLINE and deal with shipping and all that when you have a store literally 5 minutes away from me.... THAT CARRIES THE EXACT SAME THINGS ALMOST EVERYTIME x.x;;
I just find it so pointless. They seem to be fishing to increase their online sales for some reason. I BARELY get anything about /in store/ coupons and deals through e-mail. That's why I gave it to them. It's really irritating

Unread 08-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #19393
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

kittyandjam, you might want to check your account settings on what you receive via email, I know I had that issue at one point. Later, I specifically signed up through my JoAnns store to get fliers mailed to me that list what is actually going on in store (plus coupons).
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2014 Cons:
Detour
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #19394
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Okay, I need to get this off my chest.

So there's this girl criticizing my cosplays, right? Especially my Maka cosplay. In fact, she started criticizing before I even got the costume. When I first posted the status "I ordered my Maka cosplay; so excited! " she comments "I was Maka first... :/". I replied telling her that was cool and stuff but she jsut keeps mentioning how she already cosplayed Maka so I just started to ignore it. So today I posted pictures of my costume and she's like "The wig isn't the right color, her hair is brown not blonde." Okay, FIRST of all, I WASN'T WEARING A WIG IN THE PICTURE. Second of all, Maka has gray-blonde hair, not brown hair. Just tossing that one out there. And after I POLITELY mention that (I didn't even make a big deal out of it, I just tagged it on to the end of my comment), she's like "No it's obviously brown." My friends call me a color Nazi. I am seriously technicaly when it comes to color (I practically cried when my sweatervest came in too bright of a yellow. XD).

I know I'm getting too worked up over this, but it just kills me that she's finding reasons to criticize me when her Maka cosplay was... well, now I'm the one drinking haterade, but it looked like a closet cosplay. I'm not going to go into detail or bag on her too much, but there were a lot of inaccuracies that looks like she didn't even try. I'm not trying to hate on her or her cosplay, as long as she has fun then that's cool, but seriously? Don't diss my cosplay when yours is missing half of the key components.

Just. Agh.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #19395
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
Okay, I need to get this off my chest.

So there's this girl criticizing my cosplays, right? Especially my Maka cosplay. In fact, she started criticizing before I even got the costume. When I first posted the status "I ordered my Maka cosplay; so excited! " she comments "I was Maka first... :/". I replied telling her that was cool and stuff but she jsut keeps mentioning how she already cosplayed Maka so I just started to ignore it. So today I posted pictures of my costume and she's like "The wig isn't the right color, her hair is brown not blonde." Okay, FIRST of all, I WASN'T WEARING A WIG IN THE PICTURE. Second of all, Maka has gray-blonde hair, not brown hair. Just tossing that one out there. And after I POLITELY mention that (I didn't even make a big deal out of it, I just tagged it on to the end of my comment), she's like "No it's obviously brown." My friends call me a color Nazi. I am seriously technicaly when it comes to color (I practically cried when my sweatervest came in too bright of a yellow. XD).

I know I'm getting too worked up over this, but it just kills me that she's finding reasons to criticize me when her Maka cosplay was... well, now I'm the one drinking haterade, but it looked like a closet cosplay. I'm not going to go into detail or bag on her too much, but there were a lot of inaccuracies that looks like she didn't even try. I'm not trying to hate on her or her cosplay, as long as she has fun then that's cool, but seriously? Don't diss my cosplay when yours is missing half of the key components.

Just. Agh.
Oh hun I'm sorry =( Why can't people understand you CANNOT claim a cosplay. You do not own it, others are allowed to do it too, get over youself. Seriously this chick needs to get bent.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote