Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #19516
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Another one that just cropped up for an upcoming con:

Poster on con board: "OMG PARKING IS $TEXAS A DAY! WTF THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! WHY IS THERE NO CON DISCOUNT! BLARGH!"
Me: "Chill out. I'm sure they'll wrangle a discount. But you have plenty of warning, so save some extra cash just in case. If they don't have a discount, you'll have the money. If they do, extra cash for the con!"
Another poster: "Here's some cheap alternatives! Do this and you'll save money!"
Poster: "BUT THEY SHOULDN'T CHARGE SO MUCH! I DON'T WANNA LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES! RANTRANTRANT TERRIBLE CON IS TERRIBLE!"
Another poster and me: "Um, you want to park dead center in our nation's capital and you're expecting cheap parking?!" o_O
I remember people freaking out over the parking in Crystal City, not realizing how expensive the area is (and not bothering to look up the free parking lot a few blocks away).

Unread 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #19517
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Another one that just cropped up for an upcoming con:

Poster on con board: "OMG PARKING IS $TEXAS A DAY!
As someone from Texas... this made me laugh XDD

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #19518
chinna

pet peeve: procrastinating finishing a cosplay i started years ago (had no time with school, work, and extracurriculars ) because im afraid of messing up my materials/fabric. or maybe im just a little scared of failing on a character that i truly admire.
San - princess mononoke (99%)
chinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #19519
Aesterisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysuki1289 View Post
Pet Peeve of the Day!

Not being able to buy used costumes off of the market place because my measurements NEVER match or get halfway close. And really, why would I try shove my body parts into things that don't fit? There are so many cute costumes but all I see are small and medium.

Le sigh.
This is my pet peeve too, only I have the opposite problem. Anytime I find a character I like its either in L or XL when I'm an XS to M at best. Another peeve related to this is when I find the perfect cosplay with high shipping. It's in my size, its like $25, but then I see the shipping is an extra $40 ;_;
Ellie - Last of Us: 50%

Next Con - MTAC'15

Aesterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #19520
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
I remember people freaking out over the parking in Crystal City, not realizing how expensive the area is (and not bothering to look up the free parking lot a few blocks away).
Given that I bring a lot for my room, I'm kinda stuck with whatever parking is the closest. (In addition to costumes, I bring a huge box of snacks, a case of water and air mattress/bedroll for those on the floor.) The less distance I have to lug that stuff, the better.

But if we're stuck paying full price for parking, I'm considering having the bellhop unload and take the stuff up for me, driving my car to my aunt's and taking the train back in. Then I just have to pay her back for the parking by taking my cousin to the con and keeping an eye on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyandjam View Post
As someone from Texas... this made me laugh XDD
I picked that up from posting on Usenet back in the day. Some old habits die hard.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #19521
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Uhm...pet peeve of this weekend.
Yes, I know there is a huge con this weekend. Yes, you have asked me several times if I'm going. I've already made it clear I don't have the funds even if I wanted to go. Besides that, there's lots of logistics for me to even get there in the first place.
No means no. If you wanted me there so baddly why did you just now tell me the day of the con.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #19522
defectedmodel
Android

Belated pet peeve...

I just went to a con a week ago, and the one thing that really bugged me was that people were just not watching where they're going, hence bumping into delicate parts of my cosplay.. Urgh. I'm glad nothing broke though.
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #19523
MalteseLizzie

Peeve of the day; Poorly labelled fabric. I have just realised that the red satin material I bought for my Alice Royal Suit dress is STRETCH satin. lovely material, but I can't make the appliques look good: the whole thing looks crumpled. I'm going to have to start again with this.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog

Currently Working On:
Female Titan (touch ups);
Planned:
Daenerys (Game of Thrones), Hannah Alexander's Art Nouveau Sailor Moon (long term project), Marianne (Brotherhood of the Wolf)
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #19524
Vault21

Quote:
Originally Posted by defectedmodel View Post
Belated pet peeve...

I just went to a con a week ago, and the one thing that really bugged me was that people were just not watching where they're going, hence bumping into delicate parts of my cosplay.. Urgh. I'm glad nothing broke though.
I constantly feel like I'm the only one attempting to move out of the way when passing by other people at a con. If I wasn't leaning my shoulder back every five seconds, I think about a hundred people would have just bumped into me without a care in the world.
Vault21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #19525
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault21 View Post
I constantly feel like I'm the only one attempting to move out of the way when passing by other people at a con. If I wasn't leaning my shoulder back every five seconds, I think about a hundred people would have just bumped into me without a care in the world.
*nod* I also try my best not to bump into anyone, especially if they are in cosplay. I guess at really large cons where not everyone is in cosplay, people just want to get their shopping done, and they don't care who gets in the way... *eye roll*
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #19526
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault21 View Post
At FanExpo last weekend someone stepped on my foot, a larger man..and it really hurt since I was wearing only sandals. I cried out..but maybe he didn't notice because I didnt' get a sorry or anything.
BLOG - LINK
mokulen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #19527
Victoria917

-Removed-

Last edited by Victoria917 : 02-03-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #19528
ResidentPyroman
Not a man

When you want to cosplay as a very recently introduced character (and get started as soon as possible), but you can't find any good references because they were just introduced...
ResidentPyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #19529
13Kai-Kai
HisokaKurosaki3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentPyroman View Post
When you want to cosplay as a very recently introduced character (and get started as soon as possible), but you can't find any good references because they were just introduced...
That's why I've gotten used to using my cellphone to take reference shots directly from episodes of the show....also because I sometimes do either unpopular, rarely shown characters, or characters that die within a few episodes....This way I have reference shots and I don't have to be frustrated trying to google some....

Colossalcon East 2017
Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
Kinana (Fairy Tail)
Sakura (Tsubasa)
Jigglypuff Swimsuit

AnimeUSA 2017
-SECRET-
Mito (HunterXHunter)
Yuri (Blue Exorcist)
Hilda (Outlaw Star)
Jigglypuff Gijinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyokun View Post
Plan for the worst, hope for the best, be happy that nothing blew up.
13Kai-Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #19530
-_Rina_-
Rina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sweet View Post
One thing that has always bothered me since the beginning of time is when people say shit like 'Now THIS is real cosplay' just because it's a girl in something skimpy and yellow with Pikachu ears on, but wouldn't dream of appreciating people who put tons of effort into their costumes.

|:

I agree with this. I get very annoyed when being revealing and skimpy is more important than detail, creativity, and hard work. Not that they should be hated on or anything, just that it bothers me when people that really know their stuff get ignored in comparison.
-_Rina_- is offline   Reply With Quote