Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 383 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #19516
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Some people take gijinka as "human" some as "anthro" I really don't think the meaning is concrete. I put wings and ears on my Fluttershy otherwise I think she wouldn't be recognizable. I mean I always see gijinka as a kinda "humanization" but the huminization can have animal traits if the maker so pleases.
Yeah, I view gijinka as both. Be human-looking or be anthro, both I think means, "gijinka" to me. Plus, I needed the antlers on my Sawsbuck gijinka to help with recognition because it would be difficult otherwise to figure out who I was.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #19517
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Hm...peeve for the day.
I hate not being able to find boots and stockings or socks that I need for a cosplay that won't end up costing me an arm and a leg.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #19518
Flainorkeyblade

Cosplay slut shamers.
It kinda sucks when you get shunned just because you're cosplaying a "Slutty" character. Yes, my character doesn't wear much, and she may be a little loose with her actions, but does that make me one. I just happen to like Yoko, or Morrigan, or Felicia or whatever and I'm really proud of my body and the work I've done to get it to that point. So yeah, it kinda sucks to be automatically be dubbed a slut because I'm cosplaying this character and not just a fan.
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #19519
erayachi
Elbow Macaroni Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flainorkeyblade View Post
Cosplay slut shamers.
It kinda sucks when you get shunned just because you're cosplaying a "Slutty" character. Yes, my character doesn't wear much, and she may be a little loose with her actions, but does that make me one. I just happen to like Yoko, or Morrigan, or Felicia or whatever and I'm really proud of my body and the work I've done to get it to that point. So yeah, it kinda sucks to be automatically be dubbed a slut because I'm cosplaying this character and not just a fan.
Blame the Japanese and male-dominated gaming industry (in the US) for stripping most of the clothing off of some of the greatest female leads. If I lost 20-30 pounds, I'd cosplay Morrigan in a heartbeat. Heck, I already did Jack from Mass Effect (I wore a teeny bit more than her...uh...first 'outfit'). Not that cosplaying 'skimpy dressed' characters is bad, but if the characters wore a little more in the first place, then the nay-sayers would be forced to keep their yams closed.

Anyway. On a not unrelated to this quote, my pet peeve (okay...complaint) of the day is Michaels choking prices.

Sure, take all my money because you're the only store within 10 kilometers with most of the stuff I need. I don't need money.

I need a car.
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #19520
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

People getting mad when I won't let them play with my props. I'm sorry, but I put a lot of time and money into making these things, and I don't want them broken. I'm not trying to be offensive or accuse you of being careless, I simply don't want to take the chance and have my things broken. I rarely ask to touch anything a cosplayer has made, and when I do I certainly don't get offended if they say no. I totally get it.
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #19521
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayachi View Post
Blame the Japanese and male-dominated gaming industry (in the US) for stripping most of the clothing off of some of the greatest female leads. If I lost 20-30 pounds, I'd cosplay Morrigan in a heartbeat. Heck, I already did Jack from Mass Effect (I wore a teeny bit more than her...uh...first 'outfit'). Not that cosplaying 'skimpy dressed' characters is bad, but if the characters wore a little more in the first place, then the nay-sayers would be forced to keep their yams closed.

Anyway. On a not unrelated to this quote, my pet peeve (okay...complaint) of the day is Michaels choking prices.

Sure, take all my money because you're the only store within 10 kilometers with most of the stuff I need. I don't need money.

I need a car.
I never buy anything at Michael's without a 50% off coupon. Check the website every week for them.
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #19522
erayachi
Elbow Macaroni Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokulen22 View Post
I never buy anything at Michael's without a 50% off coupon. Check the website every week for them.
At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, there's an app you can get for just about any phone that gives you the 40-50% coupon. I love that app. Because I always, always forget to cut out and bring a paper coupon with me. They just scan the barcode on the phone ^_^

Anyway, same here, but still....$11.00 for one package of Heat'n'Bond. Really? It's probably less expensive just to buy real leather rather than making it from foam. -_-
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #19523
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Very true and fair assessment on the whole I think. However, I think that some characters SHOULD be allowed to be dressed sexily anyways because that's the character. Like your example of Morrigan, she's a sexy character so I find her outfit appropriate for her. Lust as well. Now lemme give an example of inappropriate, Lora Croft is basically a female Indiana Jones and she wears much less than he does which makes NO sense because a white tank top and shorts are not going to protect your much from the elements and bugs and nature.... it's stupid...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #19524
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Very true and fair assessment on the whole I think. However, I think that some characters SHOULD be allowed to be dressed sexily anyways because that's the character. Like your example of Morrigan, she's a sexy character so I find her outfit appropriate for her. Lust as well. Now lemme give an example of inappropriate, Lora Croft is basically a female Indiana Jones and she wears much less than he does which makes NO sense because a white tank top and shorts are not going to protect your much from the elements and bugs and nature.... it's stupid...
100% agreed. .___.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #19525
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Quote:
At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, there's an app you can get for just about any phone that gives you the 40-50% coupon. I love that app. Because I always, always forget to cut out and bring a paper coupon with me. They just scan the barcode on the phone ^_^

Anyway, same here, but still....$11.00 for one package of Heat'n'Bond. Really? It's probably less expensive just to buy real leather rather than making it from foam. -_-
They are pricey. I bought a fake crow for a cosplay and it was $15 (even with a coupon).
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #19526
SilverInsanity
Evil Pastry

Pet Peeve: Wanting to cosplay a manga outfit for 50+ chapters until finally there is a colored version on latest volume cover. Only then do you realize the artist knows absolutely nothing about color theory...
SilverInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #19527
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flainorkeyblade View Post
Cosplay slut shamers.
Agreed. I don't care if the cosplay is skimpy in canon or someone did a skimpy version of something, it's bad to talk shit about a person who has done you no wrong.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #19528
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:

I need a car.
o.O You sound like you live in Scarborough, ON because the closest two Michael's stores are 10km and 13km from me. And I also share this pet peeve. I can only go there on weekends because I usually only have access to a car on weekends.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 08-29-2012 at 09:20 AM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #19529
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokulen22 View Post
They are pricey. I bought a fake crow for a cosplay and it was $15 (even with a coupon).
I hear yah. I bought a skeleton from Michaels for my Faust VIII cosplay: $17. DX
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #19530
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

My pet peeve of the day would be freaking cryptic sewing instructions. Gaaahhh! ;A;
In progress:
| Yuu Kashima - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote