Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 99 votes, 4.62 average.
Unread 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #19651
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

Finding the most rediculously perfect item of clothing for your cosplay, only for your dreams to be shattered because "Online shopping is not currently offered in your market." I'm looking at you, H&M...

Possible 2013 Cosplays
Velvet Squiddleknit Rose LalondeFem!GamzeeGod Tier Roxy LalondeJack Frost

TumblrTwitter
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #19652
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Friends being overly possessive of cosplay characters. There's one series my friends and I were going to cosplay. They're all cosplaying like 2-3 characters each from it, and I only really wanted to be one pretty minor character. My friend felt bad though that I wasn't any of the main people, and asked if I wanted to be anyone else, and I asked if I could be this one guy.

Apparently our other friend called dibs on that guy forever ago, he just didn't tell me he'd done so until I expressed interest in cosplaying this character (he's already claimed 3 other people from this series, so I kinda feel like he doesn't need 4 when I only have 1 minor one) and I doubt he's ever going to actually cosplay this guy anyway, whereas I actually would. I ranted to my mom and she said I should just go for it, since he doesn't own the character but I feel like if I do, it'll come back to bite me in the butt DX
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #19653
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Joann's really slow shipping methods is one of mine right now. @_@ Also the sheer unavailability of silk thread for whatever reason. I do need to concentrate on getting the Messiah refitted by Halloween so I can wear it, but it's still unbelievably annoying that I have to wait an estimated ten days to stitch back up my red furisode nagajuban.
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

Sakuracon 2014
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Manga Artbook V New Year's Furisode]
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #19654
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Friends being overly possessive of cosplay characters. There's one series my friends and I were going to cosplay. They're all cosplaying like 2-3 characters each from it, and I only really wanted to be one pretty minor character. My friend felt bad though that I wasn't any of the main people, and asked if I wanted to be anyone else, and I asked if I could be this one guy.

Apparently our other friend called dibs on that guy forever ago, he just didn't tell me he'd done so until I expressed interest in cosplaying this character (he's already claimed 3 other people from this series, so I kinda feel like he doesn't need 4 when I only have 1 minor one) and I doubt he's ever going to actually cosplay this guy anyway, whereas I actually would. I ranted to my mom and she said I should just go for it, since he doesn't own the character but I feel like if I do, it'll come back to bite me in the butt DX
This. This happens all the time in our role play groups at school (which doesn't matter as much, but still annoys me.) It's always me and one girl a grade below me, too Dx Two related peeves:
-Being put off from cosplaying a character because another friend does it better. I adore the character, but this is basically the only character this person cosplays, and while I know I would probably look better, they have an awesome partner that they do all kinds of poses and such with...while I'm completely alone. I would be honestly surprised if I felt good while cosplaying him because of that.
-People being treated as objects because of cosplay. One of my friends is apparently being stalked because someone wants 'their yaoi partner' back. You would have their info if they're close enough to call them yours. Maybe instead of trying to have her like a prize, try to be friends with her? Just a thought.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #19655
Tenjo Zakito
Fujoshi+Otaku

Had anyone else ever had that one friend who refuse to listen to any criticism?
I'm not even talking about criticizing her looks or body, I'm talking about things like make up and photography.

I had this one friend who is a lot younger than me and only recently started cosplaying.
She went for a causal cafe themed Hetalia shoot and the photographer was a friend of her's who had very few experience with cosplay photography.
When she asked me to comment on her cosplay, I told her very honestly that a more experienced photographer would be able to provide better pictures.
After hearing that she became really mad and asked me why would an experienced photographer be better.
I gave her reasons like, a more experienced photographer would know where to place the subjects and knows what background would appear better.
They would take note of the lighting and mood of the photos.
I swear I was giving her honest and sincere advice.
But after I said the above, she started raging at me and told me her definition of a photoshoot is different and she prefers it to be carefree, and she insist that her friend's photography was good.(Which really isn't, the white balance was off and they all appeared orange, also the focus was completely off, I know cause I studied photography in school)

The ironic thing was that after a huge event, a rather experienced photographer took a few of her photos, which looked pretty nice, then just the day after I saw her facebook profile picture changed to the photos the experienced photographer took.
Tenjo Zakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #19656
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Yup, this is annoying. There's a certain Rin(Vocaloid) cosplay I want to do(Adults Toy) but my friend is our Rin so I'm hesitant because I mentioned it once in the past and she said she was our Rin and such. I haven't brought it up again since but I still want to do that cosplay...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #19657
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

...peeve...I don't even know what number I'm up to :x

Totally lacking self confidence in everything and trying to bullsh*t it in photos...getting said photos and posting them...trying to feel decent about it then seeing everything you could have done differently and just wishing it was someone else in the photo instead because you get the feeling anyone but you could have done it better.
That and not being able to remember specific good comments but instantly able to think of every single negative comment or complaint you've ever heard.

Yeah...that about covers it for today.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #19658
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Coming back from the fabric store or craft store, and realizeing you were low on other supplies you didn't realize you needed when you went.

Yesterday I went to my fabric store cause a friend of mine wanted me to make something for her for Halloween. And when I got back I realized I was low on white thread, glue sticks, and other things I need for my own cosplay. Sigh....

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #19659
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles

Current Pet Peeve: Not being able to find something close enough to a specific plaid pattern. It seems it's no where to be found. I've found some sort of close ones, but not near enough. I'm tempted to get fabric and try to paint it on, but at the same time, it would be really nice if I could find something close. OTL

Quote:

Oh goodness! I know those feelings. Well, I wouldn't say they are necessarily my friends, but they are in my cosplay group. I've seen people make comments like "oh no! Someone else cosplays the same character as me! *sadface*" or "Grrr, that's my character, you can't cosplay them to so-and-so event!" I find it silly, especially if it's a rather popular character to cosplay in a certain series. You can't really claim a character, no matter how much you wish you could. Everyone else has the right to cosplay them too. Some people are really silly and possessive when it comes to characters. I personally don't mind, because I always seem to become really good friends with people who cosplay the same character as me. Similar tastes, perhaps? ^_^;
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #19660
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymutt View Post
-snip-
This is me xD Also a part of the reason I'm planning to cosplay either obscure cosplays or cosplays I know none of my friends are planning. Mostly to help myself, but also so I don't have to deal with drama like that. I get kinda paranoid around some friends too, because they say it doesn't bother them when really it does x-x Ah well. Also, because I know I have a bit of jealousy that I can't help (who wouldn't?) but I don't see a problem with that as long as I'm not making it public or putting them down.

Peeve: BL Games. Japanese-only BL Games. Namely Nitro+Chiral games (..which are really good, fyi). Nobody has playthroughs of them up on Youtube, and there are only a couple that I can find some really good explanations of online (Lamento being one, Togainu no Chi being another). Then there's the issue of friends looking them up and going "BLASPHEMY, CHILD, WHY WOULD YOU COSPLAY THAT." because they stumble upon one of the more inappropriate screenshots. Whoopsies.

Also, characters you are absolutely falling over but can't cosplay for whatever reason, and in general and related to the above, video games with awesome designs you can't cosplay because you can't play them and can't find a very good explanation of plot, character relations, etc. Hyperdimension Neptunia has the two problems for me since I don't have a Ps3, and it crushes me. ;A; Aoba from DRAMAtical Murder has a puffy jacket which I can't find for less than $200, and I haven't read up on DM so I don't know if there's even an explanation somewhere.

If you can't tell, after failing to watch a lot of Pandora Hearts, I've turned to video games for my cosplay I can just hardly find the time or interest anymore to watch a lot of 30 minute episodes until I get REALLY into it. This is easier.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #19661
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Costumes that you OMG FREAKING GOTTA COSPLAY THIS!!! but there aren't enough detail pictures so you have to draw them out and you can't draw this one thing in the costume -_- geh! Also friends who want you to cosplay EVERY costume together with them at a con because they don't want to feel alone at the only person cosplaying something ......... seriously? I get annoyed by the friend changing his mind and then saying he wants to hang with me all the time at the con.....because apparently being neighbors and friends seeing each other everyday and talking online isn't enough. I only get to see certain people ONCE A YEAR at the convention... and next year is my last chance to see them because i'm stopping due to school and money >_< ugh
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #19662
Hasina2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymutt View Post
Not being able to find something close enough to a specific plaid pattern. ... I've found some sort of close ones, but not near enough.
I know THAT feeling! Except in my case it was a particular color/pattern of camouflage rather than plaid, but still!
Hasina2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #19663
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Inconsistent animation.

Gin's hair from Detective Conan is such a weird color, plus it changes color between scenes and it's making it almost impossible to find a wig. It's making me want to tear my hair out!
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #19664
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup, this is annoying. There's a certain Rin(Vocaloid) cosplay I want to do(Adults Toy) but my friend is our Rin so I'm hesitant because I mentioned it once in the past and she said she was our Rin and such. I haven't brought it up again since but I still want to do that cosplay...
I feel as long as you tell her or be like "I really want to cosplay this version of Rin, I know you usually cosplay her but would it bother you horrendously if I did it?" or something like that.

I'm on the other side of the coin slightly with my peeve, it's when your friend decides they're going to cosplay the character almost after you've announced plans to do yours and they only found out the character recently because of you mentioning it or such.

Another peeve I have is a friend SHOWING me pictures of a better cosplayer of a character I cosplay/will cosplay and it makes me feel badly about mine and when they announce another friend is doing it too. Ugggh I get so insecure sometimes about my cosplays...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #19665
twixel

Tons of people taking your picture, then not being able to find any off them! What black hole did the pictures fall into?! D:
twixel is offline   Reply With Quote