Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 358 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #19756
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Being sent pictures of men's phallus'. No. Just no.
There is nothing seductive about a stranger showing you his member. Rather the only thing that says to me is 'I'm too socially wrong in the head that I can't speak to you like a normal human being so here's a picture of my weenis!"

Since when is it crippling to try a more appropriate route? Now it's all seemingly "Durhur... me think you cosplay purdy, penis show! Touch. Lonely." [I read that like a sad giant in my head.]

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer

Last edited by Monocle_Complex : 11-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #19757
VickyAmis
Banned

i also don't like this. cosplay is just our hobby. cosplay is always a matter to show our love towards animes.
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #19758
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocle_Complex View Post
Being sent pictures of men's phallus'. No. Just no.
There is nothing seductive about a stranger showing you his member. Rather the only thing that says to me is 'I'm too socially wrong in the head that I can't speak to you like a normal human being so here's a picture of my weenis!"

Since when is it crippling to try a more appropriate route? Now it's all seemingly "Durhur... me think you cosplay purdy, penis show! Touch. Lonely." [I read that like a sad giant in my head.]
People do that in "normal" life as well. You'd be amazed at the effect of saying "So? It's a penis. I'm not impressed."

About a month ago, I had some guy go on and on about liking my boobs and wanting a woman with big boobs. Every single time I'd tell him that he's being offensive and trying to hit on a married woman and he'd never learn that his oafish behavior was unwelcome.

As for the Harris' "cosplay bitches ain't nuthin' but tricks and hos" rant:

I believe that a lot of it stems from when these guys were kids and were usually soundly rejected by cute girls they crushed on. Now these pretty girls are coming to cons, which geek guys consider "their" domain, and consider them a threat to their little world because they fear getting rejected on their own turf. So they lash out, screaming that these cute girls aren't "real geeks" and start looking for ways to categorize them as ungenuine. Just ignore them, point out that you paid to get in just like they did and that you'll wear whatever you damn well please. And you're not letting an overly sensitive fanboy stop you.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #19759
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

I know this peeve has been said in here MANY times but really...seeing it just gets to me...When Princess Tutu cosplayers (Or any cosplayer of a series involving ballerinas) go en pointe, and they don't know how!

There is a specific technique to going en pointe, and if you don't know how to do it, you can really mess up your feet or injure yourself. Please for the sake of yourself, if you don't know how....don't do it!

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #19760
touchmon
Make All The Things!

New peeve: People not telling how they did something in tutorials.

I've been searching armor tutorials to figure out how to attach the fabric strips to my greaves but nothing. All I can find is where to attach the strips and how to connect them together, nothing about how to get the strips on the armor itself. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #19761
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Having tons of cosplay motivation for costumes I'm not doing for a year DX

I've started reading this manga called Rolan the Forgotten King, and I REALLY want to cosplay Rolan. I decided I'd wear it to Anime USA next year since the new hotel is gorgeous and I could get some pictures where my costume actually matches the scenery. The only problem is, I want to work on Rolan RIGHT NOW. Part of me knows that I'm going to need to start early since this cosplay is going to be a big project with a lot of sewing, but Anime USA 2012 just passed! I think I can wait a little while and focus on the cosplays that need to be finished for Katsucon in February, like Duke Devlin DX

I'm having this same problem with Faust and Karasu, who I plan to wear the other two days of AUSA '13
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #19762
carnival
tl;dr

1) Photographers taking pictures of you at a convention and NEVER sending them back to you. Seriously. I give them my contact info and everything... This really makes me mad, especially when they show you the pictures and they came out really good. .___. Then in the back of my head I'm wondering if there are photos of me and my friends out there on the internet that aren't credited...

2) Cosplayers who wear their glasses during photos. So, I know some people have really bad vision. And I get that, I have to wear glasses myself. But you could wear some contacts? And if that isn't possible for you... then just take your glasses off for a brief moment to take pictures? ;w; I hope this doesn't sound mean~

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #19763
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival View Post
2) Cosplayers who wear their glasses during photos. So, I know some people have really bad vision. And I get that, I have to wear glasses myself. But you could wear some contacts? And if that isn't possible for you... then just take your glasses off for a brief moment to take pictures? ;w; I hope this doesn't sound mean~
this is a pet peeve for myself. I've always worn glasses almost my whole life and I tend to forget that I have them on (even when I go to bed) and then I get mad at myself when someone takes my picture and I still have my glasses on :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #19764
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

People assuming I'm doing 'fem' version or something of a comic book character.

I'm a crossplayer at heart and thus going to do the normal male versions. I don't want to do 'female' version or whatever, I'm perfectly willing to modify my body for it.

I guess crossplaying as men characters (other then Robin) is just something not normally done?

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #19765
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
While I agree that it would be nice for people who have to wear glasses to take them off for photos, it would really be nice if photographers would give us the chance to do so. That's a huge peeve of mine. When people ask for a photo, and the cosplayer says sure and go to take their glasses off, and the photographer just snaps the photo and goes. It just sort of leaves me going "uh...okay... would 30 seconds have killed you?"
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #19766
carnival
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
While I agree that it would be nice for people who have to wear glasses to take them off for photos, it would really be nice if photographers would give us the chance to do so. That's a huge peeve of mine. When people ask for a photo, and the cosplayer says sure and go to take their glasses off, and the photographer just snaps the photo and goes. It just sort of leaves me going "uh...okay... would 30 seconds have killed you?"
Omg, YES! I have only met ONE photographer that was like, "Okay lets make sure everything is straight! Have your friend look you over!" before he took my photos.

I was so shocked... like seriously. I have never heard of another photographer doing that.

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #19767
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

When you think you threaded a needle on your first time but you actually missed.

SO CLOSE. ;_;
(more like a sewing pet peeve, though)

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #19768
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Not having enough money to afford anime, manga, video games, AND cosplay. ;A;

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #19769
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

REALLY WEIRDLY SHAPED PATTERNS. I'm looking at you, Quorra lightsuit. Absolutely nothing is making the side cutaways look right and the collar is driving me batty!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #19770
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
1) Photographers taking pictures of you at a convention and NEVER sending them back to you. Seriously. I give them my contact info and everything... This really makes me mad, especially when they show you the pictures and they came out really good. .___. Then in the back of my head I'm wondering if there are photos of me and my friends out there on the internet that aren't credited...
That's why I'm starting to hire professionals to do pictures with me. While I like contributing to an up and coming amateur's portfolio, I also want the end product. If I'm paying them, they tend to be much more reliable and I'll get the photos on a nice flash drive or CD.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote