Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #19846
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Yaya han makes money off cosplay... does she make you sick? PikminLink... Alodia...Parle Productions... they all do it... maybe they don't all make huge profits but they do. Do they make you sick?

So what? So what if some girls dress skimpy and make a few bucks off it? Is it hurting you? Is it damaging your psyche? You do realize they have people in Japan who are probably payed more who do this as an actual career, IN COSPLAY so maybe you should take your slut shaming ways, and leave if you don't like that people are defending "sluts who are ruining your cosplay"
Well said, and I couldn't agree more. I have to admit, I used to have the mentality that skimpy cosplay/posing half-naked = slut.... blegh. @_@ Thankfully, reading things that people say on this site has actually helped me to become much more open minded, and has given me a new perspective on many things. In the end, certain degrees of nudity still bother me, but that's when I just choose not to look at it. XD If they're doing it because they want to, then why should I care? It doesn't affect me or my cosplaying in the end, and it's to my knowledge that they aren't breaking any laws. XD Granted, I'm still entitled to have an opinion on certain things, but that's all it is-- an opinion.

Anywho, my current cosplay pet peeve is my weight fluctuating to the point where one year all my costumes fit perfectly, and a few months later they're all too tight, then the next year they're all a bit loose, and now they're just way too tight. It's irritating. x_x Last year I lost 50 pounds over the course of a few months, and this year I've gained 70 pounds doing nothing different. Now some of my older cosplays don't fit again. ;A;

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #19847
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Sleeves and a total lack of money. I have the super basic idea for Link's tunic, but decided to stick him on the back burner until I get a job so I can pay for all of that fabric and lacing. And my god, sleeves are a total pain.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #19848
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Yet Another-- Ahaha, you're doing the Twilight Princess version as well? Man, those awkward cording-like details are driving me nuts.

Have you considered eyelets, perhaps? The only other thing I've thought of is making small buttonholes to weave the cording through, if you're concerned about keeping the integrity of the colour.
  • General Revamps (N/A): ??% (---) Summer 2017
  • Director Lucretia (The Adventure Zone) : 15% (Prop Work) Summer 2017
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #19849
AnimeLuxray25

I have a peeve right now:

Wanting to do SO many things (ie. Photoshoots, wigs, etc) in cosplay and wanting to become somewhat popular in it but not being able to. I know if I suggest getting a photographer so I can go to shoots mother would be all like "You're trying to take cosplay so seriously/go too far blah blah etc" I think it'll be easy to convince mother to get me wigs but photoshoots....no. D: H'o well. We'll see
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #19850
CaramellDancer
COSPLAYERS UNITE

Trying to decide whether to get my hair cut short and get a wig or let it grow out when the next con is in a little under three weeks. Or I may just wait until after Con.

But I don't want to wait Dx

~Cosplay W.I.P.~

Bipper from Gravity Falls: 0%
Maka from Soul Eater: 90%
Redo of Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2: 10%
fem!Rin Okumara from Blue Exorcist: 20%

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doens't work, Raise, Aim, Fire.
CaramellDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #19851
belligerent
Viking Metal

My pet peeve is being in car accidents and not being allowed to work out because I'm in therapy for neck and back soft tissue injury.

I will never be able to cosplay wolverine at this point. THESE LATS AREN'T GOING TO GROW THEMSELVES.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #19852
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

My sister's apparent inability to clean up. -_-

I'm happy she wants to work on her cosplays but does she have to leave a mess of string, pins and other stuff when she's done for the day? It's worse because if she leaves pins lying around, my mom is going to blame me since the pins are mine.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #19853
Sugar.Code
D'Arvit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak-a-deak View Post
My current pet peeve is when costume color combinations look horrible in real life. I'm almost done with my Iori Minase (Smoky Thrill) costume from The Idolm@ster and, let me tell you, the color combination is hideous in reality. Burgundy, purple, and blue/green don't go well together outside of anime/video games.
THIS. Sometime in the future, I'm considering cosplaying Albel Nox from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. His costume design is no problem, but the colors irk me to no end. I mean, purple, gold, and red, with red-trimmed silver armor and brown to blond gradient hair. How on earth am I supposed to make that look good in real life?
Sugar.Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #19854
CaramellDancer
COSPLAYERS UNITE

Con is coming up in the next couple weeks and I had it all planned out. A really nice hotel room, had carpool rides all figured out, even some meals plans ready. Then four people drop out and all the plans go to waste. Why does Con have to cost so much...!

Lol..... looks like its back to Red Roof Inn and poptarts.

~Cosplay W.I.P.~

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #19855
Neelh
dumb nerd

Boobs. They harm my cosplaying existence.

i'm autistic, please be gentle
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #19856
CaramellDancer
COSPLAYERS UNITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
Boobs. They harm my cosplaying existence.
-dies- So true!!!

~Cosplay W.I.P.~

Unread 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #19857
patriciarakel

My biggest pet peeve is the one that earned me the title of the "Non-Elitist Elitist" by my little sister. WIGS! Oh, good LORD, wigs! I will forgive fabric choice, wonky seams, hanging threads, and even costume inaccuracies, but one thing I will NOT forgive is an awful wig! A good wig does not have to cost a lot. In fact, I've gotten some pretty amazing wigs for LESS than a cheap party wig with a poorly constructed cap and thin, far spaced wefts. When I see a Party City wig at a convention, I literally cringe. I was just at a convention this weekend and saw a cosplayer in an awful cheap wig and you could see ALLLLLLLL the wefts in the back. It was horrible. XP
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #19858
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciarakel View Post
My biggest pet peeve is the one that earned me the title of the "Non-Elitist Elitist" by my little sister. WIGS! Oh, good LORD, wigs! I will forgive fabric choice, wonky seams, hanging threads, and even costume inaccuracies, but one thing I will NOT forgive is an awful wig! A good wig does not have to cost a lot. In fact, I've gotten some pretty amazing wigs for LESS than a cheap party wig with a poorly constructed cap and thin, far spaced wefts. When I see a Party City wig at a convention, I literally cringe. I was just at a convention this weekend and saw a cosplayer in an awful cheap wig and you could see ALLLLLLLL the wefts in the back. It was horrible. XP
I broke my brother of that habit fast. When he saw how much thicker my Jade wig was than his Party City wig, he immediately asked to borrow it for his Ryu costume. Then promptly went online to buy one of his own as soon as he got home.

Today's pet peeve: DEER! Or more accurately, the accidents they cause.

I've only had my new car for six months and I ended up hitting a deer on the way home last night. I'm okay and the car's (mostly) okay. And my insurance is going to pay to have it fixed.

But the earliest the repair shop can see it is Tuesday morning. My convention is this Friday. While I could probably drive my car to the con with no problem (it's only two hours away), I don't want to risk it with a loose bumper. So instead of driving the car I bought specifically because it's good for road trips, I'm going to have to invest in a rental car this weekend. Guess it's a good thing I still have my Christmas money...

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #19859
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

My biggest Pet Peeve: Big real life shit! I bought a house in August and putting in a little work has turned into 5 months of agony with no clear end in sight. No social life, no free weekends, not a scrap of cosplay construction. I've barely gone to the gym once a month, I have video games I bought in the summer still in shrinkwrap (cosplay motivators!), and I'm Fuggin' depressed!

Upcoming:
DragonCon '15
Katsucon '16 !!

'Stumes:

Dante Vergil Rule #63 Yang XiaoLong Sun Wukong
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #19860
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I

Today's pet peeve: DEER! Or more accurately, the accidents they cause.

I've only had my new car for six months and I ended up hitting a deer on the way home last night. I'm okay and the car's (mostly) okay. And my insurance is going to pay to have it fixed.

But the earliest the repair shop can see it is Tuesday morning. My convention is this Friday. While I could probably drive my car to the con with no problem (it's only two hours away), I don't want to risk it with a loose bumper. So instead of driving the car I bought specifically because it's good for road trips, I'm going to have to invest in a rental car this weekend. Guess it's a good thing I still have my Christmas money...

I hate deer with a passion. >_< It doesn't help that the area I live in is full of deer. I tend to drop to like 5mph whenever I see one because some of them get the stupid idea to dart back on the road.

Inconsistent colored hair strikes again. In the 3 different manga covers of After School Nightmare, the main female lead has pink-brown, dark brown, and blond hair. Ummm.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote