Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 310 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #20146
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Okay. New peeve: Liking Design vs Actually liking the character.
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #20147
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
Lol
watch more... and I take it you didn't get to episode 10.
><
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #20148
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My irrational fear of not being recognized at a con DX

I've spent all week obsessively beading my jacket so I can cosplay Sapphire from Sailor Moon at a con later this year. I know Sailor Moon is absurdly popular, but he wasn't a main character, I'm doing the manga version (which has different beading than the anime) and I won't have my friend who cosplays Prince Diamond with me at the con, so I'm afraid nobody is going t realize who I'm supposed to be. I know it's a silly paranoia and it shouldn't bother me, but for some reason it does. I just don't know how to turn off this nagging worry that comes back with every bead I sew >.<
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #20149
CautiousAmber

Quote:
oh my god, this JUST happened with me. I want to cosplay from FFXII SO BADLY, and I'd also like to attempt to make some armor. The only problem is that I would never attempt to cosplay my favorite character from the game (Basch) because I'm a tiny girl and he's a big scruffy middle aged man, and I'm also really in love with Vaan's outfit.

But I don't really like Vaan???? I mean, I don't hate him! But as far as cosplays go, I usually make a point to only cosplay characters I LOVE. And I'm afraid if I put together a Vaan cosplay, I might really disappoint people that come up to me excited about the character! Instead of just the game itself!

But I still want to make that outfit so badly, I'm totally stuck on what to do!
- Pearl (Steven Universe)
- Fluttershy

2014 Events: Kawa Kon, Nakakon, Anime Central, Cosplacon,ACE, Motaku, Nebraskon

tumblr / deviantart
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #20150
UrbanVermin

People intentionally walking in front of my camera when I'm trying to take a photo. No, I'm not in anyones way. I always as them to step aside to take a photo. But god damn- at katsucon there was a number of people who just walked through anyway. I'm not in a major traffic lane but christ almighty- the least anyone could do is excuse themselves.

My other pet peeve is when people who are running panels don't pay attention to line structure. If you're in a large room and you know there's going to be a lot of people- tend to your lines. also, don't get bitchy with the attendees about it.(quick story about this) I'm guessing a hair got up this girls ass last con. She said to half the people in the line to go to the "second wall" because we were starting to curve a corner. Well, there are lots of walls. So we assumed the one across from the room..because there was a ton of space there and we wouldn't be blocking any doors, wed be close by, etc. Nope. Girl came around the corner and in the bitchiest way she yelled at everyone to get on "that" wall (obviously some different wall that she had not pointed to) then a bunch of people came in and jumped at the end of the now shorter line- in front of us when got moved. Girl did not pay attention to this or probably didn't care.
Needless to say many of us didn't stay long for the panel. Because those who jjumped the line got better seating than we did.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #20151
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
oh my god, this JUST happened with me. I want to cosplay from FFXII SO BADLY, and I'd also like to attempt to make some armor. The only problem is that I would never attempt to cosplay my favorite character from the game (Basch) because I'm a tiny girl and he's a big scruffy middle aged man, and I'm also really in love with Vaan's outfit.

But I don't really like Vaan???? I mean, I don't hate him! But as far as cosplays go, I usually make a point to only cosplay characters I LOVE. And I'm afraid if I put together a Vaan cosplay, I might really disappoint people that come up to me excited about the character! Instead of just the game itself!

But I still want to make that outfit so badly, I'm totally stuck on what to do!
You guyys, stop making me agree with you.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #20152
CautiousAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Can't stop, won't stop. I'm actually thinking about taking this problem to another thread because I'm really stuck.

/edit Okay, after lurking around in some threads about not being into what you're cosplaying, I feel a lot better about cosplaying Vaan! I've played the game and I think its a pretty reasonable cosplay choice for me.

FuttomKitten and Ilafatyu: good luck on yours as well!
- Fluttershy

tumblr / deviantart

Last edited by CautiousAmber : 02-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #20153
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

If Basch is your favorite and he's who you want to cosplay, go for it! It'll be a great opportunity to practice your crossplay skills!

Future Conventions
Wondercon 2014
Fanime 2014
Anime Expo 2014
San Diego Comic Con 2014

Future Cosplays
Genderbent Sora (25% complete)
Witch Rapunzel Variant (COMPLETE)
Ibuki Mioda (COMPLETE)
Tali'Zora (COMPLETE)
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #20154
CautiousAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm-Atticus View Post
If Basch is your favorite and he's who you want to cosplay, go for it! It'll be a great opportunity to practice your crossplay skills!
ahah I appreciate that! But I just personally would feel pretty silly cosplaying Basch. I'm a 5'2" twig of a girl, and while I do think cosplaying a tiny Basch would be hilariously fun, Vaan's outfit is more interesting to me. I think I'd have a lot of fun making it. Thanks though! I might put Basch down on a future plans list. ^^
- Fluttershy

tumblr / deviantart
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #20155
Amanita

Here's my peeve- Trying to get materials that I just can't find here in Halifax. I need a smallish piece of transparent light blue acrylic, and I'm having the worst time- sure, I've found some websites that sell it, but shipping costs a bloody fortune, even for a small piece.
So in order to justify the stupid-high shipping costs, I'll have to wait and make a larger order, ordering a bunch more stuff.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #20156
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Neverrr!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
Okay, after lurking around in some threads about not being into what you're cosplaying, I feel a lot better about cosplaying Vaan! I've played the game and I think its a pretty reasonable cosplay choice for me.

FuttomKitten and Ilafatyu: good luck on yours as well!
Glad you looked into it I'd actually love to see a Vaan cosplayer, I loved his outfit though it's been a while since I played the game.

I hate hate hate not being able to totally make my plans out for this year. I want to have everything set in stone, but I just Can't decide D': At least I have the backup plan of if I don't have anything else to do, just get another version of Ciel and I'll enjoy myself xD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #20157
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Family members taking my sewing and embroidery stuff when I'm working on something.
No, I don't mind you using it.
But would it kill you to ask first before rummaging through my stuff.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #20158
Xinouth
Hadena Cosplay

Finding that perfect shoe to use as a base to build up your cosplay shoe.

Then seeing the price ($56)

*cries*

Edit:

An added bonus to my previous peeve:

When you finally do find decently priced shoes with approximately the same model, but they only come in red and yellow, instead of white.

Cosplays:
Videl, Yoruichi, Lelouch Lamperouge, Anna (Frozen)

Working on:
Regina (OUAT)/Evil Queen (Disney) mashup

Planned:
The Great Saiyaman
Jinx
Vanilla

Last edited by Xinouth : 02-27-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Xinouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #20159
CautiousAmber

Quote:

Glad you looked into it I'd actually love to see a Vaan cosplayer, I loved his outfit though it's been a while since I played the game.

I hate hate hate not being able to totally make my plans out for this year. I want to have everything set in stone, but I just Can't decide D': At least I have the backup plan of if I don't have anything else to do, just get another version of Ciel and I'll enjoy myself xD
Well I ended up being a couple months ahead on my cosplay plans for this year (I'm going to be finishing both my Fem!Castiel and another OC cosplay 3 months in advance) so looks like I'll be able to make Vaan my plan for May and June. The outfit seems pretty complicated and I'm going to have to make A LOT of armor, but I'm officially excited about it!

I hope you have some luck in figuring out the rest of your year as well!
- Fluttershy

tumblr / deviantart
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #20160
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Peeve of the Day: Bad Cosplay Tumblr blogs. They just make me very upset. And I could assume that most of the time they are run by non cosplayers as I just feel cospalyers should never bad mouth their fellow cosplayers. So the idea of that makes me upset even more at it. They just really get to me.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote