Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 402 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #20146
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Okay. New peeve: Liking Design vs Actually liking the character.
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #20147
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Okay. New peeve: Liking Design vs Actually liking the character.
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
Lol
watch more... and I take it you didn't get to episode 10.
><
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #20148
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter
 
Quinn The Spazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,563
My irrational fear of not being recognized at a con DX

I've spent all week obsessively beading my jacket so I can cosplay Sapphire from Sailor Moon at a con later this year. I know Sailor Moon is absurdly popular, but he wasn't a main character, I'm doing the manga version (which has different beading than the anime) and I won't have my friend who cosplays Prince Diamond with me at the con, so I'm afraid nobody is going t realize who I'm supposed to be. I know it's a silly paranoia and it shouldn't bother me, but for some reason it does. I just don't know how to turn off this nagging worry that comes back with every bead I sew >.<
__________________
Working on:
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #20149
CautiousAmber
Registered User
 
CautiousAmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Okay. New peeve: Liking Design vs Actually liking the character.
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
oh my god, this JUST happened with me. I want to cosplay from FFXII SO BADLY, and I'd also like to attempt to make some armor. The only problem is that I would never attempt to cosplay my favorite character from the game (Basch) because I'm a tiny girl and he's a big scruffy middle aged man, and I'm also really in love with Vaan's outfit.

But I don't really like Vaan???? I mean, I don't hate him! But as far as cosplays go, I usually make a point to only cosplay characters I LOVE. And I'm afraid if I put together a Vaan cosplay, I might really disappoint people that come up to me excited about the character! Instead of just the game itself!

But I still want to make that outfit so badly, I'm totally stuck on what to do!
__________________
Future Cosplays:
- Fire Emblem: Marth
- Teen Titans: Year One - Robin
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #20150
UrbanVermin
Registered User
 
UrbanVermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
People intentionally walking in front of my camera when I'm trying to take a photo. No, I'm not in anyones way. I always as them to step aside to take a photo. But god damn- at katsucon there was a number of people who just walked through anyway. I'm not in a major traffic lane but christ almighty- the least anyone could do is excuse themselves.

My other pet peeve is when people who are running panels don't pay attention to line structure. If you're in a large room and you know there's going to be a lot of people- tend to your lines. also, don't get bitchy with the attendees about it.(quick story about this) I'm guessing a hair got up this girls ass last con. She said to half the people in the line to go to the "second wall" because we were starting to curve a corner. Well, there are lots of walls. So we assumed the one across from the room..because there was a ton of space there and we wouldn't be blocking any doors, wed be close by, etc. Nope. Girl came around the corner and in the bitchiest way she yelled at everyone to get on "that" wall (obviously some different wall that she had not pointed to) then a bunch of people came in and jumped at the end of the now shorter line- in front of us when got moved. Girl did not pay attention to this or probably didn't care.
Needless to say many of us didn't stay long for the panel. Because those who jjumped the line got better seating than we did.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #20151
Ilafatyu
That guy
 
Ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Okay. New peeve: Liking Design vs Actually liking the character.
I..have developed a sudden fondness of Homura's design, yet I'm pretty sure as far as I watched Madoka (it's been a while so I'll have to rewatch it anyway) I despised her as a character. So..I'm not sure whether to consider being her for AWA or not.
This is in general a problem with me. A lot of times I love how things look but hate the character themselves. So I either need different tastes or learn a way to like these characters. -3-
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
oh my god, this JUST happened with me. I want to cosplay from FFXII SO BADLY, and I'd also like to attempt to make some armor. The only problem is that I would never attempt to cosplay my favorite character from the game (Basch) because I'm a tiny girl and he's a big scruffy middle aged man, and I'm also really in love with Vaan's outfit.

But I don't really like Vaan???? I mean, I don't hate him! But as far as cosplays go, I usually make a point to only cosplay characters I LOVE. And I'm afraid if I put together a Vaan cosplay, I might really disappoint people that come up to me excited about the character! Instead of just the game itself!

But I still want to make that outfit so badly, I'm totally stuck on what to do!
You guyys, stop making me agree with you.
__________________

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #20152
CautiousAmber
Registered User
 
CautiousAmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
You guyys, stop making me agree with you.
Can't stop, won't stop. I'm actually thinking about taking this problem to another thread because I'm really stuck.

/edit Okay, after lurking around in some threads about not being into what you're cosplaying, I feel a lot better about cosplaying Vaan! I've played the game and I think its a pretty reasonable cosplay choice for me.

FuttomKitten and Ilafatyu: good luck on yours as well!
__________________
Future Cosplays:
- Fire Emblem: Marth
- Teen Titans: Year One - Robin
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX

Last edited by CautiousAmber : 02-27-2013 at 12:25 PM.
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #20153
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!
 
Bm-Atticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 257
If Basch is your favorite and he's who you want to cosplay, go for it! It'll be a great opportunity to practice your crossplay skills!
__________________

Future Conventions
Comikaze 2014
ALA 2015
WonderCon 2015
Fanime 2015

Future Cosplays
Richard - Looking For Group
Anders - Dragon Age 2
Nui Harime - Kill La Kill
Hiruma - Eyeshield 21

Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #20154
CautiousAmber
Registered User
 
CautiousAmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm-Atticus View Post
If Basch is your favorite and he's who you want to cosplay, go for it! It'll be a great opportunity to practice your crossplay skills!
ahah I appreciate that! But I just personally would feel pretty silly cosplaying Basch. I'm a 5'2" twig of a girl, and while I do think cosplaying a tiny Basch would be hilariously fun, Vaan's outfit is more interesting to me. I think I'd have a lot of fun making it. Thanks though! I might put Basch down on a future plans list. ^^
__________________
Future Cosplays:
- Fire Emblem: Marth
- Teen Titans: Year One - Robin
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #20155
Amanita
Registered User
 
Amanita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,413
Here's my peeve- Trying to get materials that I just can't find here in Halifax. I need a smallish piece of transparent light blue acrylic, and I'm having the worst time- sure, I've found some websites that sell it, but shipping costs a bloody fortune, even for a small piece.
So in order to justify the stupid-high shipping costs, I'll have to wait and make a larger order, ordering a bunch more stuff.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #20156
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
You guyys, stop making me agree with you.
Neverrr!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
Okay, after lurking around in some threads about not being into what you're cosplaying, I feel a lot better about cosplaying Vaan! I've played the game and I think its a pretty reasonable cosplay choice for me.

FuttomKitten and Ilafatyu: good luck on yours as well!
Glad you looked into it I'd actually love to see a Vaan cosplayer, I loved his outfit though it's been a while since I played the game.

I hate hate hate not being able to totally make my plans out for this year. I want to have everything set in stone, but I just Can't decide D': At least I have the backup plan of if I don't have anything else to do, just get another version of Ciel and I'll enjoy myself xD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #20157
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 605
Family members taking my sewing and embroidery stuff when I'm working on something.
No, I don't mind you using it.
But would it kill you to ask first before rummaging through my stuff.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
“It’s not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.”
“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #20158
Xinouth
Hadena Cosplay
 
Xinouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 92
Finding that perfect shoe to use as a base to build up your cosplay shoe.

Then seeing the price ($56)

*cries*


Edit:

An added bonus to my previous peeve:

When you finally do find decently priced shoes with approximately the same model, but they only come in red and yellow, instead of white.
__________________
FB page: Hadena Cosplay

Cosplays:
Videl, Yoruichi, Lelouch Lamperouge, Anna (Frozen)

Working on:
Regina (OUAT)/Evil Queen (Disney) mashup

Planned:
The Great Saiyaman
Jinx
Vanilla

Last edited by Xinouth : 02-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Xinouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #20159
CautiousAmber
Registered User
 
CautiousAmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post

Glad you looked into it I'd actually love to see a Vaan cosplayer, I loved his outfit though it's been a while since I played the game.

I hate hate hate not being able to totally make my plans out for this year. I want to have everything set in stone, but I just Can't decide D': At least I have the backup plan of if I don't have anything else to do, just get another version of Ciel and I'll enjoy myself xD
Well I ended up being a couple months ahead on my cosplay plans for this year (I'm going to be finishing both my Fem!Castiel and another OC cosplay 3 months in advance) so looks like I'll be able to make Vaan my plan for May and June. The outfit seems pretty complicated and I'm going to have to make A LOT of armor, but I'm officially excited about it!

I hope you have some luck in figuring out the rest of your year as well!
__________________
Future Cosplays:
- Fire Emblem: Marth
- Teen Titans: Year One - Robin
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #20160
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...
 
Tangledinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 750
Peeve of the Day: Bad Cosplay Tumblr blogs. They just make me very upset. And I could assume that most of the time they are run by non cosplayers as I just feel cospalyers should never bad mouth their fellow cosplayers. So the idea of that makes me upset even more at it. They just really get to me.
__________________
Next Convention:
Otakon

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)


-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.