Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 319 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #20236
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidei_sempai View Post
When people hate on Homestuck cosplayers.

why :<
Simple for the most part this group has over the few years developed a rep at Cons for being rather rude, but don't worry in a short time some other new anime will come along and replac you on top of the hate list.

Unread 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #20237
deidei_sempai
chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Simple for the most part this group has over the few years developed a rep at Cons for being rather rude, but don't worry in a short time some other new anime will come along and replac you on top of the hate list.

Oddly enough I think were one of the more mature fandoms. but I guess it might depend on where you are. I just don't really like it when people say that we don't belong at anime conventions. and things like "IF I SEE ANOTHER HOMESTUCK I WILL STAB SOMEONE!"

We try to be a friendly breed.

The younger ones are the ones you need to look out for. The ones that scream "HUR HURRR BUCKETS!"

Cancerous.

Cosplay list:
Zone-Sama: 0%
Meenah: 5%
jane crocker:5%
Jake english:90%
Link:5%
Soft Grunge! Nepeta: 10%
Cal: 0%
deidei_sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #20238
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Seam ripping thick fabric. T_T I decided to change the obi trim on Seymour, so I've got to take off the fake pleather I had sewn on to suede. 8 inches took me about an hour to seem rip, about 2 feet more to go. This is going to take a while...T_T

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #20239
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Oddly enough I think were one of the more mature fandoms. but I guess it might depend on where you are. I just don't really like it when people say that we don't belong at anime conventions. and things like "IF I SEE ANOTHER HOMESTUCK I WILL STAB SOMEONE!"

The younger ones are the ones you need to look out for. The ones that scream "HUR HURRR BUCKETS!"

Cancerous.
Yeah those people need to stop. If you don't like Homestuck then just ignore it. Like its been said: don't judge the fandom by the fan; don't judge the fan by the fandom :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil: DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #20240
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWingSamurai View Post
Oh, man! Having to work for a living really bites, doesn't it? I mean, here comes Anime Expo in just a few short months and I still haven't finished even buying all the stuff I need to begin on my costume...then I have to somehow find the time in my ceaselessly busy schedule to start working on it! No fun!
Truth! It's like, okay, get ready for work at 6AM, get home at 5:30PM... now I'm tired, when was I going to work on that again? Oh right, this weekend, when I have to clean the house that I hardly spend any time in and do everyone's laundry! DX

At least buying online makes things a bit easier time-wise, especially since the only places to buy fabric in my town are Walmart and an upholstery shop. Both have their uses, but not for everything. I can do a bit of research, order swatches, all that good stuff, without ever having to get ready, ha ha.

Granted, a big peeve, is that my monitor probably doesn't display colors properly, so I'm afraid to rely on it for color-matching, and sometimes ordering swatches will add a stupid amount of time to getting to order your fabric. I suspect this because I'd designed some business cards with a tan and cream striped background, but the stripes ended up looking more like a minty green; another card I'd designed had a peachy pale skintone come out pink. Obviously, can't have that sort of issue when I'm picking out fabrics to order, ha ha.

Oh, that, and dry clean only fabrics. I know for a fact I'm too lazy for that, and I'm not comfortable wearing a garment too many times before cleaning it (especially shirts - pants/bottoms, okay, but I sweat too much to really rewear a shirt). But I seem to be drawn to designed and textures on dry clean only fabrics. Grrrrrr!
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #20241
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaTheRoo View Post
Oh, that, and dry clean only fabrics. I know for a fact I'm too lazy for that, and I'm not comfortable wearing a garment too many times before cleaning it (especially shirts - pants/bottoms, okay, but I sweat too much to really rewear a shirt). But I seem to be drawn to designed and textures on dry clean only fabrics. Grrrrrr!
There are at home dry cleaning kits >.> after you buy the package with the bag, the refills are 10$ for five sheets or something. It's a godsend for cheapskate cosplayers like me. Only takes 30 minutes too >.<

Unread 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #20242
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:

Cancerous.
Well as someone who has been going to cons for almost 40 Years I can say that the whole idea a bad fandoms comes and go right now it's Homestuck a few years ago it was Hetalia.
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #20243
deidei_sempai
chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Yeah those people need to stop. If you don't like Homestuck then just ignore it. Like its been said: don't judge the fandom by the fan; don't judge the fan by the fandom :P
Exactly. I will admit there are some really bad seeds in the Homestuck fandom. But most of us tend to be pretty responcible and nice.

Usually the newer ones are the ones that scream obnoxious jokes and dont seal their grey paint so it doesnt rub on everyone.

Me and my friend like to say "no one hates the homestuck fandom like the homestuck fandom hates the homestuck fandom."

On the subject of homestuck, do any of you dislike the fandom? if so, tell me why. im not hear to argue about it I just want to hear everyones opinion.
and maybe clarify some thing <3

Cosplay list:
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #20244
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
There are at home dry cleaning kits >.> after you buy the package with the bag, the refills are 10$ for five sheets or something. It's a godsend for cheapskate cosplayers like me. Only takes 30 minutes too >.<
Holy butts, no way. D:

I remember we had something sort of like that for when I was in ren choir (about 7 years ago), but I've never seen them after that. Admittedly, I haven't looked that hard. I shall have to make a trip on the way home to see if I can find one!

Yessssssss!
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #20245
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaTheRoo View Post
Holy butts, no way. D:

I remember we had something sort of like that for when I was in ren choir (about 7 years ago), but I've never seen them after that. Admittedly, I haven't looked that hard. I shall have to make a trip on the way home to see if I can find one!

Yessssssss!
^^ I use the Dryel brand myself. It doesn't eliminate the need to iron clothes but it comes out clean and smelling nice.

Warning, for really horrible stains/smells you should still take it to the professional dry cleaners. But it works great with after one day at con sweat.

Unread 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #20246
Ilafatyu
That guy

I hate having to be away from home for half a week, every week. It's really slowing down cosplay progress.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #20247
Musouka_Ningyou

Quote:
On the subject of homestuck, do any of you dislike the fandom? if so, tell me why. im not hear to argue about it I just want to hear everyones opinion.
and maybe clarify some thing <3
Honestly, I'm kind of terrified of the Homestuck fandom...and I'm a Homestuck fan and cosplayer. :< I've seen both the good and bad sides of the fandom (at cons), but I tend to avoid the fandom online (not that I'm really into the whole "fandom" thing, anyway), and it's the only thing I've ever liked that actually has a large and active fandom, so it's a bit scary. I'm sort of torn between wanting to actually go out and make some Homestuck friends at cons and just staying over here and doing my own Homestuck thing, like I do with all the other series I'm into (that don't have a large and active fandom, so I couldn't join one if I wanted to, but still).

Seeing as I'm a Homestuck myself and I've met some really nice Homestucks at cons, I don't judge the fandom as a whole or individual fans just based on their fandom, since I don't really care -what- someone is/isn't into, but I'm still kind of terrified of the fandom as a whole and actually going and interacting with them!
)(er Imperious Condescension (Homestuck)Ballgown Dreamer Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck)
Misc. other cosplays
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #20248
deidei_sempai
chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musouka_Ningyou View Post
Honestly, I'm kind of terrified of the Homestuck fandom...and I'm a Homestuck fan and cosplayer. :< I've seen both the good and bad sides of the fandom (at cons), but I tend to avoid the fandom online (not that I'm really into the whole "fandom" thing, anyway), and it's the only thing I've ever liked that actually has a large and active fandom, so it's a bit scary. I'm sort of torn between wanting to actually go out and make some Homestuck friends at cons and just staying over here and doing my own Homestuck thing, like I do with all the other series I'm into (that don't have a large and active fandom, so I couldn't join one if I wanted to, but still).

Seeing as I'm a Homestuck myself and I've met some really nice Homestucks at cons, I don't judge the fandom as a whole or individual fans just based on their fandom, since I don't really care -what- someone is/isn't into, but I'm still kind of terrified of the fandom as a whole and actually going and interacting with them!
Some of us are kind of reclusive and only like to hang out with THEIR homestuck friends leaving others out. Alot of us will talk to almost anyone and love everone XD

Cosplay list:
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #20249
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

I am sick sick SICK TO DEATH of the invisible competitions this hobby has been taking on in the last few years. Everyone just wants to out-do each other and bash each other, and it makes me want to vomit.

Whether it's about accuracy vs creativity, colors vs fabrics, skin tones, or original variations, everyone has something negative to say! THIS HOBBY IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! SO STOP BEING A PRETENTIOUS JERK! YOU AINT THAT SPECIAL!

We're all losers and weirdo's together; act like it!

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #20250
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I recently got a message on Tumblr saying "Thanks for cosplaying anime at an anime con instead of being another Homestuck." I asked him if he meant that he was just worn out on seeing Homestuck or felt that anime is the only thing people should cosplay there. I haven't gotten a response.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote