Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 586 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #20266
KatyCruel
Registered User
 
KatyCruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 132
The blisters on my fingers that my crappy fabric scissors give me. *cries because I've been cutting through sweaters for two days*
__________________
My Facebook page!

2013 Con Season!
- No-Brand Con (Eau Claire, WI - April 12-14) DONE!
- Anime Detour (Minneapolis, MN - April 19-21) DONE!
- Animinneapolis (Minneapolis, MN - June 28-30)
- MetaCon (Minneapolis, MN - August 30-September 1)
- TeslaCon (Madison, WI - October 31-November 3)
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #20267
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Slut shaming... it really bothers me.
.___.
I think the only time it really irks me when girls wear skimpy stuff (or anyone really) is when they break character to do so, like a genderbent male who is really shy about his body being given FULL LINGERIE as a girl. Other than that... just. Let people be and don't feel better about yourself because your comfort level is different than others.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #20268
Padmik
mikky
 
Padmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 667
Current peeve of the day has to be cons falling short every year. I've been attending Momocon for six years now and it never manages to be exciting for me. It just gives off a very lackluster vibe. I didn't buy a pass this year so I couldn't get into any of the rooms, and one of my classmates claimed I was missing out on the fun. Of course, anyone that's been going to Georgia anime cons for a while would know that if it's at Momocon, it's going to be at AWA. So why waste the money if I'm gonna stand around for a couple of hours? I can wait six months for a plushie.

But next year, I think I'm going to invest in going to MTAC in Tennessee instead. I think I'm just in a con stump right now.
__________________

[Tumblr] [Instagram] [Wordpress]

2016 Conventions
MTAC, DragonCon, AWA, HVFF (?)

WIP Cosplays
Belle (town dress) - Disney 60% | Kairi - KH3 Design | Rey (+ BB8) - Star Wars 10%
Barbara Gordon - Batgirl of Burnside --% | Mercy - Overwatch --%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #20269
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmik View Post
Current peeve of the day has to be cons falling short every year. I've been attending Momocon for six years now and it never manages to be exciting for me. It just gives off a very lackluster vibe. I didn't buy a pass this year so I couldn't get into any of the rooms, and one of my classmates claimed I was missing out on the fun. Of course, anyone that's been going to Georgia anime cons for a while would know that if it's at Momocon, it's going to be at AWA. So why waste the money if I'm gonna stand around for a couple of hours? I can wait six months for a plushie.

But next year, I think I'm going to invest in going to MTAC in Tennessee instead. I think I'm just in a con stump right now.
I...actually agree with you. About the exact same con.
Momocon was awesome the first year (though it was also my first con), but since then it seems to just have been sloping downhill as far as the amount of fun I have every year. It's been quite a long time since I've genuinely felt I've had fun at that con. I don't know what it is, but..I have noticed most of my friends are in a bad mood at Momocon too. Every time.

Which brings me to my peeve...Cosplaying popular characters. I love Black Butler. I will not stop cosplaying from it, and Ciel is my favorite, so I will not stop cosplaying him entirely.
But..I hate..being lost in a sea of one character. It makes me feel like I made a really bad choice, and just..insignificant. Even with the variety of Ciel having so many outfits to choose from, I still just feel like to everyone else I blend in with the others.
It's making me think a lot about my cosplay choices. Nearly everything unique has already been done..so..I'm not sure what to do. I'm in a serious rut about this.

Also..how much theoretical power and popularity having a partner or group gives you when you are cosplaying a popular character. Cosplaying as Ciel on my own..people hardly glance at me. Cosplaying as Ciel with a couple of other Black Butler cosplayers..everyone wants our picture and to film us for a Momocon video.
Seriously?
(I know, cons are for fun and all, but..it's only fun when people actually want to interact with you.)

Oh, and on a less dreary more creeped note, fangirls. I had a girl following me around all day, and she was nice, but she would SNIFF ME, and my rabbit plushie, and hug me, and draw her OC with my version of Ciel.
Apparently she does this to a lot of/every Ciel cosplayers. But...dear god, it's really creepy to think about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #20270
RedLotusKnight
Proud OC Cosplayer
 
RedLotusKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
[/quote]Oh, and on a less dreary more creeped note, fangirls. I had a girl following me around all day, and she was nice, but she would SNIFF ME, and my rabbit plushie, and hug me, and draw her OC with my version of Ciel.
Apparently she does this to a lot of/every Ciel cosplayers. But...dear god, it's really creepy to think about.[/quote]
O_O I cosplay Vampire Knight but I think this is a good reason to not cosplay characters....I just do OC's so I blend in...I am doing Yuki Cross this year though so i'm nervous....o////o
PS I LOVE YOUR CIEL COSPLAYS
Pet Peeve:
Waiting....i'm waiting for my new binder shirt and new vampire knight boots to come in the mail...I wants them now
__________________
I'll show you a sweet dream.....next night
RedLotusKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #20271
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahana Hime View Post
O_O I cosplay Vampire Knight but I think this is a good reason to not cosplay characters....I just do OC's so I blend in...I am doing Yuki Cross this year though so i'm nervous....o////o
PS I LOVE YOUR CIEL COSPLAYS
I don't think you'll have any problems, really. Yuki Cross is a cool character, and as Brina Palencia said in her panel (it was about VAs and how males have more horror stories, but it applies to this too) "If the fanboys did to girls what the fangirls do to guys, they would be arrested, simple as that." You notice that a lot of the crazy, creepy, feely fangirls are for people who crossplay male characters that have a lot of fan following..yeah. There's a reason for that. Don't get me wrong, guys creep on girls just as much, they just know they need to be more subtle about it lest they be charged for sexual assault.

Also...too many wants, too little money and time. One of my friends after reading about my lonely/ununique rant about Ciel has offered to do Lizzie with me for an ice skating event that comes up later this year, and I would love to have Ciel's winter cloak for it, but I have no clue how I would get the money or time for that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #20272
RedLotusKnight
Proud OC Cosplayer
 
RedLotusKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I don't think you'll have any problems, really. Yuki Cross is a cool character, and as Brina Palencia said in her panel (it was about VAs and how males have more horror stories, but it applies to this too) "If the fanboys did to girls what the fangirls do to guys, they would be arrested, simple as that." You notice that a lot of the crazy, creepy, feely fangirls are for people who crossplay male characters that have a lot of fan following..yeah. There's a reason for that. Don't get me wrong, guys creep on girls just as much, they just know they need to be more subtle about it lest they be charged for sexual assault.

Also...too many wants, too little money and time. One of my friends after reading about my lonely/ununique rant about Ciel has offered to do Lizzie with me for an ice skating event that comes up later this year, and I would love to have Ciel's winter cloak for it, but I have no clue how I would get the money or time for that.
Well I also Crossplay too..... lol I plan to do Kaname eventually but I generally stick to random characters for things like cosplays because my first year of con I got glomped and all I was wearing was a kimono.... It hurt.... so I am really afaid to do Yuki lol not just for that but i'm also afraid someone may break my scythe that someone is working so hard on for me. -_- so another pet peeve I guess is glomping that and stalking....like the last con I went to I was talking to this Rin (inuyasha) cosplayer and she followed me for TWO hours I figured that once I ended the conversation and walked away we were done...but nooo...I was suddenly her bestest friend...O_O.....i'm not really a people friendly person....In fact the only time of year I hug people is at con...but even then I ask permission and i'm polite about it...o///o
__________________
I'll show you a sweet dream.....next night
RedLotusKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #20273
TeaForThought
Knows nothing
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 700
Current and biggest peeve....
Group drama.

An entire weekend of a lackluster convention can be completely ruined because of a lack of communication, a lot of stress and tackling your own anxiety/anger/depression issues.
If you're going to put in someone to complete your cosplay group tell them exactly what you need them to do and when it needs to be done. Don't wait until the last minute for anything.

Second relatively minor peeve.....

Not being comfortable in large groups that have mostly everyone as the same character. It's great there's a whole fandom out there that'd like to be the same character at every photoshoot....variety is great. But...for whatever reason, I'm really uncomfortable with being in the same area with them. It's a personal thing. I'm just not comfortable with doubles...triples...that sort of thing and it took me this long to figure it out.

And....last peeve...mostly related to the first.

Just because I am angry does not mean that I'm angry at someone in particular. I do not handle stress well, it translates to being angry or annoyed...and I can only play it off for so long. I will continue to take photos and play the gentleman that I am, but even I have limits. Everyone does.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
“It’s not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.”
“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #20274
MoonWingSamurai
Registered User
 
MoonWingSamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
What is Homestuck??? I've looked, but I can't find the actual comic anywhere. Totally out of the loop, here.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never heard of Homestuck! I was just about to ask what it is too.
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #20275
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,758
*pops out of air and drops off link to homestuck*

Link to story

Peeve: Having male friends who want you to cosplay romantic characters with them, while they actually want to use it as a way for them be a couple with you, or appear as so for the con. I'm not against cosplaying with friends, but it seems that certain male friends don't understand that i really don't want to date, and granted i do wish to someday do couple cosplay's, but i don't want to put them or myself into an awkward situation where they feel i honestly want to be them, when i don't.so i kind of stay away from couples unless it's me crossplaying with my sister. I have yet to, but one of friends really want to do one, and i'm starting to just think more and more about it.
__________________


~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%


Last edited by ashe2kawaii : 03-10-2013 at 07:39 PM.
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #20276
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #20277
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
OMIGOD! This so much, when i cosplayed shura my ponytail clip was so heavy it kept pulling my wig back. (@^@) I hope to one day find a wig that doesn't do so, but i doubt itXD
__________________


~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%

ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #20278
Kazuto Kirigaya
Hero Of Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
Ugh same here. When I was working on my Korra wig, the pony tail was so heavy and wouldn't stay upright and when I tried to fix it, the wig would slide off the back of my head :/
__________________
In progress/Finished:


- Aladdin - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 20%
- Asuna Yuuki - Sword Art Online - 70%
- Kagami Taiga - 99%
- Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist - 100%
- Judal - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 100%
- Makoto - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - 10%
- Eren Jaeger - Attack on Titan 100%





Cons:
AM2
Anime Expo 2014
Wondercon
Anime LA
Yaoi con
Kazuto Kirigaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #20279
MR. FEARS
Just stabbed my hand...
 
MR. FEARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 54
Never having any events I can make cosplay for in my area (why almost always in London?).
MR. FEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #20280
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
OMIGOD! This so much, when i cosplayed shura my ponytail clip was so heavy it kept pulling my wig back. (@^@) I hope to one day find a wig that doesn't do so, but i doubt itXD
AHA IT IS FOR SHURA HOW DID YOU KNOW
.___.
I'm gonna have to sew in some wig clips to keep it on my head.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.