Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 405 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #20281
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 607
Current and biggest peeve....
Group drama.

An entire weekend of a lackluster convention can be completely ruined because of a lack of communication, a lot of stress and tackling your own anxiety/anger/depression issues.
If you're going to put in someone to complete your cosplay group tell them exactly what you need them to do and when it needs to be done. Don't wait until the last minute for anything.

Second relatively minor peeve.....

Not being comfortable in large groups that have mostly everyone as the same character. It's great there's a whole fandom out there that'd like to be the same character at every photoshoot....variety is great. But...for whatever reason, I'm really uncomfortable with being in the same area with them. It's a personal thing. I'm just not comfortable with doubles...triples...that sort of thing and it took me this long to figure it out.

And....last peeve...mostly related to the first.

Just because I am angry does not mean that I'm angry at someone in particular. I do not handle stress well, it translates to being angry or annoyed...and I can only play it off for so long. I will continue to take photos and play the gentleman that I am, but even I have limits. Everyone does.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
“It’s not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.”
“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #20282
MoonWingSamurai
Registered User
 
MoonWingSamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
What is Homestuck??? I've looked, but I can't find the actual comic anywhere. Totally out of the loop, here.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never heard of Homestuck! I was just about to ask what it is too.
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #20283
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,734
*pops out of air and drops off link to homestuck*

Link to story

Peeve: Having male friends who want you to cosplay romantic characters with them, while they actually want to use it as a way for them be a couple with you, or appear as so for the con. I'm not against cosplaying with friends, but it seems that certain male friends don't understand that i really don't want to date, and granted i do wish to someday do couple cosplay's, but i don't want to put them or myself into an awkward situation where they feel i honestly want to be them, when i don't.so i kind of stay away from couples unless it's me crossplaying with my sister. I have yet to, but one of friends really want to do one, and i'm starting to just think more and more about it.
__________________


~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%

Last edited by ashe2kawaii : 03-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #20284
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #20285
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
OMIGOD! This so much, when i cosplayed shura my ponytail clip was so heavy it kept pulling my wig back. (@^@) I hope to one day find a wig that doesn't do so, but i doubt itXD
__________________


~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #20286
Kazuto Kirigaya
Hero Of Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
Ugh same here. When I was working on my Korra wig, the pony tail was so heavy and wouldn't stay upright and when I tried to fix it, the wig would slide off the back of my head :/
__________________
In progress/Finished:


- Aladdin - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 20%
- Asuna Yuuki - Sword Art Online - 70%
- Kagami Taiga - 99%
- Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist - 100%
- Judal - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 100%
- Makoto - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - 10%
- Eren Jaeger - Attack on Titan 100%





Cons:
AM2
Anime Expo 2014
Wondercon
Anime LA
Yaoi con
Kazuto Kirigaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #20287
MR. FEARS
Good at making tea
 
MR. FEARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
Never having any events I can make cosplay for in my area (why almost always in London?).
MR. FEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #20288
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
OMIGOD! This so much, when i cosplayed shura my ponytail clip was so heavy it kept pulling my wig back. (@^@) I hope to one day find a wig that doesn't do so, but i doubt itXD
AHA IT IS FOR SHURA HOW DID YOU KNOW
.___.
I'm gonna have to sew in some wig clips to keep it on my head.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #20289
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,448
I heard sewing wig clips to the front of the wig help keep it there!
__________________
I am Queen Mikasa "Scarfface" Ackerman and I am on a search for my King Levi ♥


W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #20290
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Not being comfortable in large groups that have mostly everyone as the same character. It's great there's a whole fandom out there that'd like to be the same character at every photoshoot....variety is great. But...for whatever reason, I'm really uncomfortable with being in the same area with them. It's a personal thing. I'm just not comfortable with doubles...triples...that sort of thing and it took me this long to figure it out.
Pretty much the same thing, though..it isn't really as severe for me. It's been making me think a lot about whether I even want to keep cosplaying this character after a couple more runs..but..I do enjoy it a lot, I just need to ease myself back into the community after being absent for nearly a year before I'll be comfortable with it, that's my theory right now. (And get a version I'm really more fond of than the one I have now)

Um..just a couple of little nitpicky things/tips.
If you're going to cut a wig..especially a character who has long bangs, like Ciel..please do a test run on a cheaper party store wig first, to NOT have a choppy-looking wig. That's probably one of the things that hurts me the most, is seeing a cosplayer that could be awesome if they had not cut their wig really badly. Though I know it's usually out of simply not knowing than not caring.

And, makeup. Use makeup. I don't care your gender, who you are, whatever, if you cosplay and want to look good, at least use a bit of eyeliner to brighten and sharpen your eyes. It helps, I promise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #20291
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Pretty much the same thing, though..it isn't really as severe for me. It's been making me think a lot about whether I even want to keep cosplaying this character after a couple more runs..but..I do enjoy it a lot, I just need to ease myself back into the community after being absent for nearly a year before I'll be comfortable with it, that's my theory right now. (And get a version I'm really more fond of than the one I have now)
.
I find that I can't handle the stupid shenanigans that always end up happening...it's 99% of the time the younger ones that don't know the first thing about convention or social etiquette and no matter how much someone tries to show or explain to them that they're driving people away or just driving people flat out crazy...it's like talking to a wall. I get that everyone is trying to have fun but some of us aren't able to handle large groups acting mad.

I know that I'll continue to cosplay, but I can't guarantee I'll be doing too many more large group photoshoots...I'm likely going back to just private photoshoots, if anything.
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
“It’s not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.”
“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #20292
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing
 
ashe2kawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
AHA IT IS FOR SHURA HOW DID YOU KNOW
.___.
I'm gonna have to sew in some wig clips to keep it on my head.
XD I seen your wig and then remembered how irritating mine was and had to add to itX3 I had to safety pin it in, multiple places it sucked. i liked it, but .....XD
__________________


~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #20293
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I find that I can't handle the stupid shenanigans that always end up happening...it's 99% of the time the younger ones that don't know the first thing about convention or social etiquette and no matter how much someone tries to show or explain to them that they're driving people away or just driving people flat out crazy...it's like talking to a wall. I get that everyone is trying to have fun but some of us aren't able to handle large groups acting mad.

I know that I'll continue to cosplay, but I can't guarantee I'll be doing too many more large group photoshoots...I'm likely going back to just private photoshoots, if anything.
Same here. The only problems or insecurities I've ever really encountered is at larger photoshoots for the series..because you get so many of the same character and the fangirls are usually majority. I'd like to get some serious, cool shots of costumes please..I like acting silly but touching other people's crotches and demanding fanservice is crossing the line of silly right into perverted and creepy.
So..I doubt I'll take Ciel to any large Kuro photoshoots anymore unless anyone convinces me otherwise. I might try once more but if it ends up being the same deal, I'll just wear him on the most crowded day or whatever and hope to make more friends via wandering around rather than going to photoshoots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #20294
MoonWingSamurai
Registered User
 
MoonWingSamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
*pops out of air and drops off link to homestuck*

Link to story
Thanks for the info! I've seen a few of those cosplayers from time to time, but I wasn't familiar with the characters. After checking out some of the details of this webcomic, I've come to the conclusion that it all sounds very lengthy and complicated! I notice it's been around for quite awhile too. It was just never on my radar.

I remembered another peeve that has happened to me a few times. Most of my costumes end up being very difficult to wear, so I require a "handler" (someone to help me put the thing on, guide me around the con, etc.), which in my case is always my fiance. While I totally appreciate his help and support, it would be nice if he stopped trying to be so charming and entertaining to those who ask for a photo of/with me. I've nearly wiped out a couple of times because I couldn't see where I was going and my handler was not paying attention either. Hey, when I'm cosplaying and I require assistance to get around, it's all about me, right? I don't think it's too much to ask!

Last edited by MoonWingSamurai : 03-11-2013 at 04:27 AM.
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #20295
Volkswagenbus
Registered User
 
Volkswagenbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. FEARS View Post
Never having any events I can make cosplay for in my area (why almost always in London?).
I hear that. I usually like living in Scotland, but the convention scene really sucks :P
Volkswagenbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.