Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 312 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #20296
deidei_sempai
chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
I've seen people be more rude to those who are cosplaying from HS, than I have seen HS cosplayers be. The last con I was at, at a Homestuck photoshoot this guy(who wasn't cosplaying) stormed in and said "Oh god, look at all the Homestucks!" In an incredibly rude voice. All of us just kind of looked at him like, "really?" and no. He wasn't playing around, he would go around commenting "on look, another homestuck" to people when they walked down the hall. It was incredibly rude.

It's just disheartening when people glare, roll their eyes, or what have you just because you're cosplaying a Homestuck character.

^ this. so much this.

I went to a small con called Ramencon and I could hear the hate from miles away. "oh. another homestuck" and even on the facebook page. "is anywone going to this con on XXXday NOT cosplaying homestuck? I don't wanna see another!"
it's hard being in the hated fandom. because even when I didnt like homestuck, I liked hetalia. and before I liked homestuck, I liked naruto (i actually despise naruto as an anime now...)

But all around, I belive that my group tends to be very polite and stuff. the Chicagostucks are so much more...mature than the indianastucks. so I can understand how the quality of their additudes can vary place to place.

Cosplay list:
Zone-Sama: 0%
Meenah: 5%
jane crocker:5%
Jake english:90%
Link:5%
Soft Grunge! Nepeta: 10%
Cal: 0%
deidei_sempai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #20297
deidei_sempai
chalky

Homestuck related pet-peeve as of right now: Meenahs braids. HOW ON EARTH.

non-homestuck related peeve: Figuring out what cosplay to try to do :<

Cosplay list:
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #20298
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm not into HS but I honestly don't mind seeing them at conventions. And it's not only some HS people that act immature, there are other people who act immature from their own series. I know plenty of friends who cosplay from HS and are mature

And I hate it when people say that they hate seeing too many HS cosplayers! I mean come on, so what if a lot of people are interested in the same thing! Besides if there is a new series of anything, a lot of people are gonna cosplay from it! For example SAO, a lot of people are cosplaying from that series. As am I.

Cosplay pet peeve: having to work with the glue gun. Oh how much it burns ; _ ;

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #20299
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Inconsistent ref images strikes again. -_-

So Kormaru from P3 is supposed to be an albino. In the game portrait art, he has gray fur on his back, in the cut sences it is a light brow and in the all-out-attack art he is pure white. WHUT.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #20300
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

Coming across a random anime forum and reading, I kid you not, this:

"I'll NEVER understand cosplayers."

This coming from a Naruto role playing fan forum.

Future Conventions
Wondercon 2014
Fanime 2014
Anime Expo 2014
San Diego Comic Con 2014

Future Cosplays
Genderbent Sora (25% complete)
Witch Rapunzel Variant (COMPLETE)
Ibuki Mioda (COMPLETE)
Tali'Zora (COMPLETE)
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #20301
Auroracuno
Braviary

I'd say that the occasional pretentious cosplayer gets on my nerves from time to time. My friends always come back from conventions with stories about how some wannabe art critics insist on flaming people for really obscure "problems" with whatever they're wearing. I haven't actually encountered one of them before, but the idea of them annoys me.
Auroracuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #20302
deidei_sempai
chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
I'm not into HS but I honestly don't mind seeing them at conventions. And it's not only some HS people that act immature, there are other people who act immature from their own series. I know plenty of friends who cosplay from HS and are mature

And I hate it when people say that they hate seeing too many HS cosplayers! I mean come on, so what if a lot of people are interested in the same thing! Besides if there is a new series of anything, a lot of people are gonna cosplay from it! For example SAO, a lot of people are cosplaying from that series. As am I.

Cosplay pet peeve: having to work with the glue gun. Oh how much it burns ; _ ;
Exactly. there are bad seeds in all fandoms/groups. Just because we are in the hate spotlight people think we are all terrible because of a few annoying homestucks.

homestucks...please stop the bucket jokes. its not actually funny if you understand the story behind it. stop throwing buckets. stop joking about them. and please. pleeeasse SEAL YOUR GREY PAINT. auughh. nothing worse than getting grey all over you when you arent cosplaying a troll.

people even say cosplaying from homestuck is easy/lazy.
The thing is...you can't buy homestuck cosplay (apart from the shirts from whatpumpkin) becasue the creator does not premit things that arend 2D to be sold. you most of the time have to make everything or peice it together. you can't just goodle "john godteir cosplay"

ya can't buy it. it sucks sometimes because i can sew.

plus. those horns are hard as HELL to keep on! i have yet to figure out a fool proof way to keep my meenah horns on.

pet peeve: being unable to make a wig for this dang character: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ra-d5g9yhl.png

Thinking im gonna use somekind of silken rope...like the drapes things you pull.

Cosplay list:
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #20303
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Heavy ponytail wigs... such a pain. ><
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
OMIGOD! This so much, when i cosplayed shura my ponytail clip was so heavy it kept pulling my wig back. (@^@) I hope to one day find a wig that doesn't do so, but i doubt itXD
YEPPP this. My Himawari Kunogi pigtail clips were heavy enough just being straight. And then I had the brightest idea of making them into drill curls to make the curls as large as how it is in the manga/anime. YEAHHHHH... I just made them heavier. >>;; Good thing it's heavy on both sides or else it would have been pulling my wig off. BUT still. ; w;
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicań (Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Anime Expo and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #20304
Crabcakes
Subway Boss

Buying wigs for a cosplay and then remembering that I can't sew and in turn never end up doing the cosplay.
I seriously have like, three or four wigs sitting around my house that I have never used because of this.

Also, things taking a long time to be made and/or shipped. With commissions I can understand but with stores I just get really impatient. aaaaaa

Oh, and not knowing how much fabric I'll need to modify the hat I bought or knowing the best way to go about modifying said hat. It was a fairly expensive hat so I'd rather not mess it up.

Planned Cosplays
Lolita!Emmet (Pokemon Black/White)
Elesa (Pokemon Black/White)
Bianca (Pokemon Black/White)
Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #20305
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm-Atticus View Post
Coming across a random anime forum and reading, I kid you not, this:

"I'll NEVER understand cosplayers."

This coming from a Naruto role playing fan forum.
Wait. Role playing. Naruto. Nerd. Cosplay? Does not compute.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #20306
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidei_sempai View Post
pleeeasse SEAL YOUR GREY PAINT. auughh. nothing worse than getting grey all over you when you arent cosplaying a troll.
That is the ONLY problem I have with some Homestuck cosplayers. Otakon apparently had an issue with that last year with some people who didn't seal their body paint and got it on the walls and carpet in the Hilton and some places in the convention center.

I don't think that's the fandom/series fault, but that of irresponsible people. And then those few give everyone else a bad name.

And as for a current peeve: Finding multiple wigs for a cosplay and not being able to pick one cuz they're all so similar. -___-
Secret Cosplay
Ruby (2.0) - Supernatural
Meg 2.0/nurse!Meg - Supernatural
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil Movie
DeviantArt
Tumblr
MaryWesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #20307
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidei_sempai View Post
and please. pleeeasse SEAL YOUR GREY PAINT. auughh. nothing worse than getting grey all over you when you arent cosplaying a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryWesker View Post
That is the ONLY problem I have with some Homestuck cosplayers. Otakon apparently had an issue with that last year with some people who didn't seal their body paint and got it on the walls and carpet in the Hilton and some places in the convention center.
Yeah when I went to ALA, I woke up in the morning of the last day and I had a view of the pool area and the hotel people were cleaning the jacuzzi because apparently some HS cosplayers yup in there. :\

W.I.P:
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Planned:
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #20308
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

double post O.O

W.I.P:
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-12-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #20309
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I've probably posted this peeve before but here I go again.
Being a kid cosplayer with a mom who let's you do it, but is always annoyed about it.

I can't look at cosplay in front of her without her saying some crap like, "Haven't you looked at cosplay enough today?! Look at something else! You need to think about something else, you're becoming too enthralled in all of this 'anime' stuff!" (approximately what she said)

What....the...? What are you talking about? I think about other stuff, she just doesn't believe I do! She doesn't want to believe I do!! I know she secretly wants me to get all obsessed with it so she has a reason to make me stop.

Even if I casually say something cosplay-related to her, as soon as she hears the word "cosplay" she sighs and shakes her head. Other times she YELLS her response at me or lectures. She makes me not want to cosplay at all at times. Really. If I have to go through crap whenever I say something related to this hobby, then I don't wanna do it one bit. It's not worth it, in my eyes...

/end rant

P.S. if there's any fellow minors out there that have super-supportive cosplay parents who actually like the hobby and don't throw hissy-fits at you when you mention, don't take it for granted. Ever.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [PokÚmon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #20310
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryWesker View Post
And as for a current peeve: Finding multiple wigs for a cosplay and not being able to pick one cuz they're all so similar. -___-
Yes please. Sellers on eBay, can you like, not steal other people's pictures? That'd be cool :T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
I've probably posted this peeve before but here I go again.
Being a kid cosplayer with a mom who let's you do it, but is always annoyed about it.

I can't look at cosplay in front of her without her saying some crap like, "Haven't you looked at cosplay enough today?! Look at something else! You need to think about something else, you're becoming too enthralled in all of this 'anime' stuff!" (approximately what she said)

What....the...? What are you talking about? I think about other stuff, she just doesn't believe I do! She doesn't want to believe I do!! I know she secretly wants me to get all obsessed with it so she has a reason to make me stop.

Even if I casually say something cosplay-related to her, as soon as she hears the word "cosplay" she sighs and shakes her head. Other times she YELLS her response at me or lectures. She makes me not want to cosplay at all at times. Really. If I have to go through crap whenever I say something related to this hobby, then I don't wanna do it one bit. It's not worth it, in my eyes...

/end rant

P.S. if there's any fellow minors out there that have super-supportive cosplay parents who actually like the hobby and don't throw hissy-fits at you when you mention, don't take it for granted. Ever.
I have to agree with this, though mine is much less severe. While I do still get flak from my mom about it being a "gay meetup" and about how everyone there HAS to be creeps or not true friends since they aren't my age, don't live in my area, etc. The actual process of cosplay she just goes along with now.

Though that is a big peeve of mine, being young and living far enough away from the city with overprotective parents that it severely limits what I can do in the one hobby I have. Any con I go to, I go one day and I'm constantly under dad's supervision. And I'm fine with that, I get why they're worried. But that also means whenever he wants to leave, I HAVE to leave. Seriously angry I could only stay at Momocon until 3:30. The ONE day in months I get to go have fun and you're making me leave early aafghdhjd.

Also, not being able to even have con friends over or room with anyone because my mom believes they're all gay or creeps. I want to be able to go all three days at a con, but my parents refuse to help me save up money for hotel costs or room or stay over with anyone because my mom considers them all strangers but then makes no effort to meet them (and even nearly scoffs when I talk about them because apparently she doesn't want me making so many friends or making friends with people she doesn't know). I get why they get worried, I understand their restrictions, but I still absolutely bloody hate those restrictions at the best of times. I would not be half as depressed and would enjoy cons so much more if you would please let me stay and room with my friends kthx

It's just..annoying. You let my sister who's only a few years older than me go to a different freaking country for two weeks, but you won't let me go and stay in a different freaking state or town for three days? I just...It feels so unfair.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-11-2013 at 06:49 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote