Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 308 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #20596
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

^Completely agree!

Slight Peeve:

Just happened yesterday. My friend, her mother, my sister and i were in the dinning room. she was saying how she was sad that one of our friends was planning to cosplay the same character as her.

Her mom goes: well yours will better cause it's homemade. my sister asks: oh she buys hers?" Me: no she makes hers as well i believe. The mother : well it's not made by me. friend: yeah mine will be better. I tried to say that they should be happy to see more people, but got cut off by more conversation.

I wasn't exactly upset, but i thought it was a little rude to just down the other person to make someone else feel better. Why not say that both will be good and they should be happy to see more people cosplay who they love? I'll never understand why they need to feel jealous or in a competition with some just cause they cosplay the same person. I'm there to have fun, if i seem someone else as the same character as me, i'm happy.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #20597
GuardianLioness

I've put on my shoes, coat, and gotten ready to go to the fabric store two days in a row, but have then been prevented from going. X_X
In Progress
Riku - Kingdom Hearts 3D - 25% Sewing vest
Planned Cosplay:
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians - Planning stages
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon - Planning stages
GuardianLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #20598
Ilafatyu
That guy

I don't understand why people get defensive over other people cosplaying the same character as them. I love doppelgangers. The resulting pictures are awesome.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #20599
touchmon
Make All The Things!

How my brain right now is ignoring the cosplay stuff I need to get done for this con season and is instead making me think of working on stuff for next year.

Shhh brain. I will be getting to Viola next year. Stop making me look at her design and stuff now and make me want to work on her.

And I also don't understand this possessiveness of characters. I mean, I could understand if you were doing a group cosplay with a bunch of people and you wanted all of the characters but if you aren't, then that's just stupid. -_- I also love getting pictures with people cosplaying the same thing as me. It rarely happens since I cosplay lesser known characters but when I'm Morgiana I'm going to be getting pictures with every Morgiana I see because that would be awesome.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #20600
GuardianLioness

I would love to meet doppelgangers in cosplay. It would be absolutely hilarious, especially if the characters were from series with parallel universes. I don't get the possessiveness.
In Progress
Riku - Kingdom Hearts 3D - 25% Sewing vest
Planned Cosplay:
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians - Planning stages
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon - Planning stages
GuardianLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #20601
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Doppergangers are awesome.

Copycats are not. This one girl is getting on my nerves because she copies the characters i cosplay then complains to me about not getting enough attention. I'm like well... I pick cosplays for my bodytype and skills....not yours, so please stop copying me and do your own thing.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #20602
Chryso

Getting cocky about getting something done (especially for the first time) and not allowing myself time for errors. Always so close to a con. Why do I never learn?

Run without rivals
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #20603
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Doppergangers are awesome.

Copycats are not. This one girl is getting on my nerves because she copies the characters i cosplay then complains to me about not getting enough attention. I'm like well... I pick cosplays for my bodytype and skills....not yours, so please stop copying me and do your own thing.
Related, getting CALLED a copycat.
A girl I didn't even know messaged me before asking me to stop cosplaying/liking the same things as her.
Really? I tend to cosplay fairly popular characters, and the things I like are my own business. ._. That's just being really defensive and possessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryso View Post
Getting cocky about getting something done (especially for the first time) and not allowing myself time for errors. Always so close to a con. Why do I never learn?
I feel this one. "Nah, Grell's chainsaw'll be easy! I've already done it once, I can do it again!"
Nope.
Painting is really freaking annoying, and only because of having to do layers. I need better brushes before I can do anything OTL
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #20604
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
A girl I didn't even know messaged me before asking me to stop cosplaying/liking the same things as her.
Really? I tend to cosplay fairly popular characters, and the things I like are my own business. ._. That's just being really defensive and possessive.
Kind of odd that someone you don't even know is watching you closely enough to make that complaint.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #20605
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
That is kinda creepy. ._.

When you throw out something and then realize it could have been used for cosplay later.

I had a pair of old sandals with the perfect wedge heels for Viola and since they were so old I wouldn't mind destroying them(and comfortable). But of course I threw them out. -_-

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #20606
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Realizing all the stuff I planned to fix up... had to be washed first. By hand. And hung to dry. Oi. That set me back a few hours. (More like an entire day. But I had something to work on for today at least.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #20607
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Kind of odd that someone you don't even know is watching you closely enough to make that complaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That is kinda creepy. ._.
It was over Facebook and we had a lot of mutual friends, I'd just never personally met her before.
Not too creepy to me, personally- it takes a lot to creep me out when I have an account strictly for cosplay.

Peeve- as soon as I put my mind wholly to a cosplay to do, everything else decides to distract me from it. :| No. It WILL be Undertaker that I do. Calm the hell down and wait your turns, Fushimi and Grell.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #20608
emmisu
King of Toast

Like a minor thing that bothers me personally is when people/companies make schoolgirl type skirts really long.
It's such a small thing I guess, but it just irks me to see because I feel like that can really mess up the way a costume looks overall. When you make a skirt longer without adjusting the hip-waist fit, it makes your legs look incredibly short. It just really needs to be tapered differently idk

When I used to buy costumes I had a skirt sent to me that was like that, and I got so mad haha

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #20609
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Sudden minor peeve: Not knowing any attractive poses when you are asked for your picture. I should probably think of like a signature pose for my cosplays or something, FAE is in a month.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #20610
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Quote:
It was over Facebook and we had a lot of mutual friends, I'd just never personally met her before.
Not too creepy to me, personally- it takes a lot to creep me out when I have an account strictly for cosplay.
Wow, that sucks. I hope you got the situation taken cared of. I don't think it was defensive or possessive of me to think of her this way when I do tend to cosplay non-mainstream or the weird character no one else will for a group. My group has been more defensive about it then me because they like me cosplaying the character instead of me going why don't you let her be such and such so I can cosplay someone else? O.o then dramu and I'm like er...doesn't help the person in question complains TO ME about it.
-----
Conventions not getting back to me or well congoers in general. Oni-con hasn't put out when and where their convention will be and Kawaii Kon hasn't gotten back to the panelist yet, nor has said when they will reopen artest ally.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote