Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #20776
Shana05
Survivor

When you can't spray paint because of weather. My spatula has been ready to be painted for several days but I've only been able to start that today due to rain.

The thread for the series you're cosplaying from being dead. I'm working on CardCaptor Sakura and I would like to talk about it in a CCS thread. But the CLAMP section of this site is pretty much dead.

NebrasKon: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Glaceon (Pokemon gijinka) - Hedgehog kigurumi

Last edited by Shana05 : 05-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #20777
NaughtsApproach

Shopping for the basics. Seems easy right? i mean shopping for ribbon or buttons should be easy. .... unless you find 3 packs of ribbon (8 are needed) so you buy them waiting for the store to restock....3 months later....they have yet to restock...really?...REALLY?! it is a staple color blue ribbon! why arn't you restocking?!

Western CO Cosplay group

:Website:
http://futagocosplay.wix.com/futagocosplay

:FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/WeAreFutagoCosplay

Take a look at our pages!<3
NaughtsApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #20778
DMEAddiction
The Hanar Spectre

Another peeve I realized today: When the local fabric store moves location, so you have limited to no access to the materials you need. Mine is closed until Friday and the closest fabric store is an hour and a half away.
Momo - Xenosaga Episode I
DMEAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #20779
AshofRebirth

More of a forum peeve.. But:

Those very, very few really toxic people on this forum that you'll encounter once in a blue moon 0_0
Not even disagreeing opinions.. Just people that will outright curse and insult you in such a lowly way for no reason?
It's like.. Do we not have rules and why aren't people punished when they break them?
I didn't realize this was your own personal Facebook where you can just use whatever language at another person that you so please
(Or am I just sensitive? I dunno haha)

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #20780
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

My petpeeve is wanting to be too accurate. >n<
I have been wanting to quit cosplaying because I can't sew. And I love accuracy.. I can NOT handle "most" wholesale cosplay.
So I have been looking for nice premade stuff, and wanting to add things on. (I have to have a friend sew it on for me)
Not only does it take forever to find something decent as a base, but you have to have someone else sew stuff on.
I need to learn how to use a sewing machine already. .-.
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16

Last edited by Suuki : 05-07-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #20781
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshofRebirth View Post

Those very, very few really toxic people on this forum that you'll encounter once in a blue moon 0_0
Not even disagreeing opinions.. Just people that will outright curse and insult you in such a lowly way for no reason?
It's like.. Do we not have rules and why aren't people punished when they break them?
I didn't realize this was your own personal Facebook where you can just use whatever language at another person that you so please
You are too sensitive.

You should probably work on going on with your life and not getting so caught up over people you don't like.
If you don't like someone, don't give them the time of day.

When someone bothers me, I just think about someone I like, and go on with my life.
In reality, the person just probably doesn't give a damn about you. So why should you care about them?

And if someone curses at you, it is most likely because you did something to deserve it.
Most of the time, people don't go cursing willy nilly unless they are trolling.
A lot of us people have a life and won't waste it getting upset over people on the internet for no reason.. (or at least I hope.)

Try looking at your experience with them, and see what you can do to improve yourself. Or else the time you spent with them, would be a waste. Even if it was only for a short time.
Our lives are too short to not learn new things.

The only time I would personally get frustrated over a person, is if they were to do something to me, that seriously effects my quality of life. Because that is all that really matters.
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #20782
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtsApproach View Post
White fabric and a black cat who looooves to slide across it. Damn you super lovey kitty! you're being a pain!
I learned to keep a squirt bottle nearby when working in case the kitties want to lounge on my fabric or get underfoot while I'm setting up my machines. It doesn't hurt them or my fabric and they learn to stay out of the way when Mommy's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCruel View Post
That one wig that weighs like eight pounds, but you don't realize how much it hurts until you take it off and then OH HOLY HELL I DID NOT KNOW MY NECK COULD FEEL LIKE THAT.
Oh, the woes of a Merida cosplayer...
I hear that. My wig is a base with two ponytail clips taken apart and sewn in. So it's essentially three wigs' worth of hair. When I'm done for the day, it's such a relief to have that wig off my head. I love how I look in it, but all that weight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
It's nothing to be proud of though.

Education > Cosplay
I agree with the education > cosplay crowd. My brother struggled all through school because he was dyslexic and didn't do well in "lecture" environments. But one thing that kept distracting him was video games and my parents would sometimes catch him playing video games instead of doing his homework. So they ended up taking away his video games for a while (and making me hide mine) to force him to buckle down and pull his grades up. He was never a straight-A student, but he did pull up his grades in order to get his video games back.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #20783
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshofRebirth View Post

Actually I have my suspicions as to who you're talking about. I can think of one individual who just HAS to say everything as rudely as humanly possible, and yes I'm surprised they've gotten away with it as long as they have. And sorry Suuki, but no, if somebody cusses at you, you didn't always do something to deserve it. Some other people just like to act like little you-know-whats, I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. Hence their habit of bringing nukes to what amounts to the internet version of a slap fight, if even that.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #20784
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Actually I have my suspicions as to who you're talking about. I can think of one individual who just HAS to say everything as rudely as humanly possible, and yes I'm surprised they've gotten away with it as long as they have. And sorry Suuki, but no, if somebody cusses at you, you didn't always do something to deserve it. Some other people just like to act like little you-know-whats, I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. Hence their habit of bringing nukes to what amounts to the internet version of a slap fight, if even that.
In reply to you saying that not all people that get cussed at deserve it. Yes I agree, as I am the one that said that. Try reading more clearly next time.
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16

Last edited by Suuki : 05-07-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #20785
Amanita

Umm Suuki, I was NOT referring to you! I was referring to somebody else, who's been here a lot longer, and has managed to pee off a LOT of people. Recently he posted an idea here, and when several of us expressed concerns or said it wasn't something we would go for, he went off like a fourth of July rocket, calling us all idiots and worse.

I thought that perhaps the other poster had had a run in with that individual, who really DOES like to say things in as rude a fashion as possible, and seems to enjoy drama.
Again, I wasn't talking about you.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #20786
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Umm Suuki, I was NOT referring to you! I was referring to somebody else, who's been here a lot longer, and has managed to pee off a LOT of people. Recently he posted an idea here, and when several of us expressed concerns or said it wasn't something we would go for, he went off like a fourth of July rocket, calling us all idiots and worse.

I thought that perhaps the other poster had had a run in with that individual, who really DOES like to say things in as rude a fashion as possible, and seems to enjoy drama.
Again, I wasn't talking about you.
Yes, I still stay true to the fact that I SAID that not everyone that gets cussed at deserves it.
Please word your post more clearly next time.
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #20787
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post

And if someone curses at you, it is most likely because you did something to deserve it.
That's what I was referring to. I said I disagreed with it, because of the way I've seen some people act around here- cussing and flipping out even when it wasn't called for.

I didn't know that you and the other poster had had a disagreement, I thought they had run into somebody else here.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:16 AM   #20788
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

Not really. It is one sided. c:
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #20789
Shana05
Survivor

I can tell that Suuki went to a better middle school that I did. The kids in mine seemed to think that if they didn't manage to say the f-word in every sentence, they'd spontaneously combust. So, yeah I have to very strongly disagree with this "you most likely deserved it" stuff.

Out of curiosity, I looked at what happened between Ash and Suuki. To me, it looks like the latter just blew up when people told her that layering two contacts was bad for your eyes.

NebrasKon: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Glaceon (Pokemon gijinka) - Hedgehog kigurumi

Last edited by Shana05 : 05-08-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #20790
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

*shrug* Yeh, I got to agree with that.
New gen kids especially. Maybe it was the same when I was growing up and I was blind to it though. I honestly have no idea..
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16