Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #20776
Shana05
Survivor

I can tell that Suuki went to a better middle school that I did. The kids in mine seemed to think that if they didn't manage to say the f-word in every sentence, they'd spontaneously combust. So, yeah I have to very strongly disagree with this "you most likely deserved it" stuff.

Out of curiosity, I looked at what happened between Ash and Suuki. To me, it looks like the latter just blew up when people told her that layering two contacts was bad for your eyes.

Anime Cental: SplashFree!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon)

Last edited by Shana05 : 05-08-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #20777
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

*shrug* Yeh, I got to agree with that.
New gen kids especially. Maybe it was the same when I was growing up and I was blind to it though. I honestly have no idea..
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #20778
Viveeh
mango puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Actually I have my suspicions as to who you're talking about. I can think of one individual who just HAS to say everything as rudely as humanly possible, and yes I'm surprised they've gotten away with it as long as they have.
I hope you all keep reporting him like I do... I can't believe they still let him stay.
Calne Ca human ver.
Prince Alphie

Support me
My Instagram
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #20779
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

How about a resolved pet peeve?

There was this creeper going around one of the conventions here and I posted about it on my personal facebook about it. So the security heads talked to me about it because they were not informed of everything this guy has done. Now if he does something at the convention, he will be banned. (The creeper does it at out of convention stuff and has gotten banned from that plus the other on island convention already.)

I'm kinda glad they are taking this so seriously. They haven't in the past or it be all based on which security staffer you asked.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #20780
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
- Shopping for seemingly simple things: Some things should be relatively easy to find - like a brown belt with a western style (rectangular with pin to attach to belt holes) buckle - simple, right? WRONG. I checked every single second hand clothing store in the city and every shop which sells male clothing in a large mall before I found something that would work... At $35 for the buckle and $35 for the belt. <<Insert naughty sailor words here... and no I don't mean dinghy or scuttlebutt>> In the end I finally managed to find one (and ended up getting it at 50% off of $29.99 - woohoo!) but not after wasting all of that valuable time. Or black and white striped fabric, or a seperable zipper of a certain length, or buttons that look a certain way.... So frustrating!
That is why I make the belts. You need very little cheap fabric (imitation leather), it is easy to cut and sew, and you can find buckles, make them with fimo or modify buckles that are sold in notions stores for less than 1 . So you can have a perfect belt for a costume for as cheap as 3-5 . Materials are easy and fast to find and you can made the belt in 30 minutes.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #20781
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I am so angry right now I could just throw things. My sewing machine jammed while sewing trim onto my satin bodice, and as I was fixing the jam, the machine needle pulled a run in the front of the shoulder of the bodice. It's not one of those tiny 'only see it in certain lights' runs, no this one is 'see it from every angle'. What's worse is it's all one piece, so I'm in the process of ripping out all my serging, all the topstitching I did yesterday, and cutting a new piece. Couple days worth of work, totally wasted.

I guess to tie it into the thread, I hate when you're almost done with a piece of a costume, then something goes wrong and you have to make significant repairs. I had hoped to be done with this today, now it'll take me an extra day of work, easily. Ffff.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'

Last edited by Angelic_Sabyne : 05-08-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #20782
ilafatyu
That guy

Peeve: Having all the things, but none of the time. Deadline wise and time-to-work-on-the-thing wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshofRebirth View Post
More of a forum peeve.. But:

Those very, very few really toxic people on this forum that you'll encounter once in a blue moon 0_0
I find them wicked funny. This is a cosplaying forum. We're all a bunch of fruits who dress up in funny costumes. What is there to be so worked up about? xD

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #20783
Mayuen
A stalker-ish newbie

Pet peeve - Living in pretty much nowhere, which makes shopping for materials that much harder is not even funny. Though, it gives you a good reason to come up with new ways to do stuff. (Easter egg for cosplay staff! 8D)
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #20784
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

This is a forum pet peeve too. But I hate the face that everyone in the world seems to think that they have to post on every single ad in the marketplace that has a commissionee with "too low of a budget". Yes, their budget is too low for you. That's great. For others it's not. No need to be rude to them and call them out for something they don't know or can't afford.
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #20785
LemonVanilla

My cosplay pet peeve of today is myself, not being able to start on my costume. Actually, it is more like not being able to decide on the design. I have to stop going for OC chars, it is about time for me to have something specific references to work out from.
LemonVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #20786
The Boss
Mentor

When you plan a partner-cosplay with someone and the friend of that person self-invites them into the plan, too (well this wouldn't be a problem at all..but what follows is just...I have no words for this)
And then ruining it for everyone with "I'm not cosplaying anymore XY for the group. Oh and because of that my friend isn't allowed to cosplay with you anymore too"
yeah... thanks.... I never thought I had one of 'those' childish cosplayers around me o_o
I can't understand how someone can forbid a friend to cosplay with someone else..srsly..wtf?
We're all friends...so why is it such a big drama if we cosplay together. You weren't planned into this from the beginning..you selfinvited yourself to OUR group, suddenly drop out and on top of that you forbid your friend to cosplay with me just because you don't want to do the cosplay anymore??
what the....
I just don't get it.
kindergarten behaviour.

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)

Last edited by The Boss : 05-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #20787
Gaara-Sephiroth
Riku's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious View Post
damn right revgirl!! it gets on my nerves too when people only cosplay characters just cuz they "look" like each other. so what if u have short brown hair and there for can only cosplay as yuna? try something else!! u'd probably have alot more fun that way too!

what also gets on my nerves is rude people who think fat people shouldn't cosplay. in one of my myspace's group, one guy staes how fat girls shouldn't wear spandex and girl with a-cup bra sizes should NOT cosplay as...let's say... Kasumi from DOA. So what if ur body isn't just like the characters? the point is u made a costume, and viewers should admire it! I can't stand people (who don't even cosplay at cons!) who are there just to make fun of others, who've worked hard on their costumes!! grrr......
Thank you!!! I know this post is old by now but I needed to read this right now. I'm working on a new cosplay for AX but I've been really self conscious about it cuz I'm not exactly skinny and I feel like I wouldn't be good at it. But cosplaying should be about having fun weather you look exactly like whatever character or not. I just hope that if I get bad comments, I won't let it get to me like I tend to do. :-/

Sorry, that was off topic.

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkTheHeroOfTime

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/RikusGirlfriend

Feel free to add/watch/follow me, especially if we met at a cosplay event. :-)
Gaara-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #20788
gearheaded-seamstress
Mama Crow

Surprise pictures... Especially when I'm not looking. I've seen it done and had it done to me so many times. It takes like, two seconds to ask and usually no one minds posing... ITS WHY WE DRESS UP. Heck, last year at Nekocon my friend and I were cosplaying and we were headed out to leave. At her car, we fin her side view mirror knocked off. So we headed back in to find gorilla tape and all that. She was mad as all and when someone stopped us for a pic, she was a real trooper. :3 BUT SOMEONE asked not just took a pic of her while she looked royally pissed off D:
Otakon
Nekocon
gearheaded-seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #20789
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Trying to clear out some of your old cosplays when most of them are obscure characters or variations (and with one, damaged but still wearable/fixable, so I'm selling mega-cheap)... urgh. These are going to be a tough sell for the most part. And everything I get for them goes into my college savings (I'm not expecting much, but every dollar counts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #20790
Schweigie
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
Pet peeve: Have a big head.

At a convention this weekend, I discovered I have a rather large head, and because of that, I'll probably will have to buy wigs from Arda, which wouldn't be terrible but they're always out of stock. Always. Especially black wigs, which a few characters that I want to cosplay in the future have! Ugh.
I would hate to quote an old pet peeve but it's actually the polar opposite with me.

I have such a small head and short hair on top of that, making Arda wigs uncomfortably big on me. Which is a real shame because they have a gorgeous selection and I really detest buying wigs off ebay.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote