Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 394 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #3766
Spookloops
We Broke It.

About the piercings - sometimes I thinkthey look cool on a character. Also, if someone really doesn't like it, a lot of the digital cameras out now let you "fix" stuff like blemishes, piercings, or other details that the viewer might not want right on the spot. I don't personally care to do that - after all, everyone is a person in costume - but it's an option these days. I think you should cosplay what makes you happy.

Pet peeve: wracking your brain for days, working out some really cool way to build something that would reek of win.. until you realise that you could build it out such-and-such random household items more cheaply, easily, and quickly, and it'll still win. You kick yourself for the time you wasted that could have been spent on other parts of your costume or valuable yet over-rated sleep. D'oh!!

Unread 04-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #3767
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

I don't think piercings or tattoos matter, unless you're like doing Chii with a huge septum ring. Lucy obviously doesn't have purple bat wings across her shoulders, but they were a big hit at the last con I went to. Even ear piercings can be easily overlooked. Depending on the size you're stretched up to it might not even be noticeable. I'm 8g and they're not that noticeable.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #3768
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

@Hisen-Ko: Cosplay what you want! People will grump about anything nowadays I swear. >_< And if anything..do her sig pose like Twilight Clover suggested!

My newest peeve is waiting for paint/gesso to dry. I put a fan on the highest setting on you for over four hours! WHY are you still gooey?! Your layer isn't *that* thick! *shakes fist at it*
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #3769
shinitama
the Earl irritator

Discontinued patterns are another peeve of mine... I'm working on a Tamahome costume at the moment, and I really don't want to wing it since I have -just- enough fabric for the tunic. xP

Also, when people wear kimonos wrong. It's left over right; when you wear it right over left, it means you're dead.
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #3770
Verdhandi
Seras with German accent?

Haha, oh yeah Kimonos going the wrong way are definately not good XD

(Even though, I think in some kind of anime there was a group of people... or... err.. ghosts that wore them that way... in that case it's okay)

When you are bothering to buy or to make a kimono and read about the obi tie and stuff like that (there are plenty of sites about it) you are bound to come across how kimonos are worn.
Verdhandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #3771
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

My petpeeve is (curnetly): whrn someone does a cosplay, half asses it, and puts it on sites and wants everone to bow down to them. Nugh -_-

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #3772
allthatsgeek
MINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoshy View Post
My petpeeve is (curnetly): whrn someone does a cosplay, half asses it, and puts it on sites and wants everone to bow down to them. Nugh -_-
Because god forbid anyone be proud of something they did, regardless of the amount of skill they have.
AnimatedPoison: One for each weeaboo who has died at his hands.
Yeah, that's how I roll
allthatsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #3773
*Kai*
Giga-what?

Latest Pet Peeve:

When someone at a con runs up, snaps a picture then runs off and you were in mid sentence talking to someone so you know it'd look bad. -.-; I'd rather people just ASK for a picture then to just get all ninja like on me. That way I can get one of my poses in. =P

Oh yea, and TIME!!!! I need to start sweing my latest costume, but I seem to lack the time and energy by the time I get home. -.-; Darn you work!!! ((Although, without the job, wouldn't be able to afford the materials. XD Vicious cycle much?))

~Kat

Current Con(s) for 2013:
  • Animate Miami
  • Megacon
  • Florida Supercon
  • MetroCon
  • Dragon*Con
  • Chibi-Pa

*Kai* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #3774
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatsgeek View Post
Because god forbid anyone be proud of something they did, regardless of the amount of skill they have.
I agree with you, but I think they mean more in the sense that the person literally EXPECTS praise for what is definately a sub-par work and is offended when they don't get it....or I could be wrong.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #3775
allthatsgeek
MINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzikumaru View Post
I agree with you, but I think they mean more in the sense that the person literally EXPECTS praise for what is definately a sub-par work and is offended when they don't get it....or I could be wrong.

I dunno i think the post is directly pointed at someone the OP is mad at/bitter towards and is exaggerating.
Yeah, that's how I roll
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #3776
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
I dunno i think the post is directly pointed at someone the OP is mad at/bitter towards and is exaggerating.
It could be taken either way, I suppose.

I don't mind one bit of someone's costume is sub-par, if they made it, they have every right to be proud.

But I think what he's getting at (and I agree with) is that some people knowingly make something less than great (and some people repeatedly make less-than good costumes, for some reason they just don't improve) and go around exclaiming, "I'm god for making this!"

Another thing that bothers me is when someone is like, "Oh, I have X number of costumes, I'm so awesome!" And then when you look in their galleries, you see that most (if not all) of their "complete" costumes have comments like, "Well, I still need this piece, and I still need to finish doing this or that to this piece, and..."

So I guess more accurately, the pet peeve is when people have a hundred half-finished costumes instead of fifty nicely finished ones...
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #3777
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
I try to not judge people based on previous forum behavoir anymore because of what happened between me and Hanako, but I think you might be right. Oh well, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #3778
allthatsgeek
MINE.

I must've missed whatever went down
Yeah, that's how I roll
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #3779
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
I must've missed whatever went down
TWS permitting, you can probably track it down. But for now, I'mma get back on topic before Karisu or Michi crack the olde mod whip.

My latest peeve is that I don't see any convention in the future I'll be going to that I WON'T be working at to some extent. I don't entirely mind this, as I LOVE cosplay directing with a passion, it's just a bit...I dunno...odd feeling to see those old days have gone by.

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #3780
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzikumaru View Post
TWS permitting, you can probably track it down. But for now, I'mma get back on topic before Karisu or Michi crack the olde mod whip.

My latest peeve is that I don't see any convention in the future I'll be going to that I WON'T be working at to some extent. I don't entirely mind this, as I LOVE cosplay directing with a passion, it's just a bit...I dunno...odd feeling to see those old days have gone by.

I wish I could direct a cosplay... ONE day! XD

One of my pet peeves is when the people in charge of the cosplay judging have NEVER sewn or made anything in their lives. Sometimes it's like they just pick random volunteers to throw in there instead of someone who actually knows what to look for as far as judging. : (
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote