Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #4786
Moon_Fish

I get peeved at myself when I end up losing interest in a current cosplay and start working on the next one days before a con. ><
Moon_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2007, 02:11 AM   #4787
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

1. People who cosplay as characters who look nothing at all like them. Your face and hair can make or break the costume >_<; It's sad but true. I'm not saying they have to be gorgeous, because I am no good-looker myself..but if you're playing as a sinister evil guy..and you have a small cute round face..it just doesn't work ._.; Waaa...okay..got that out.

2. Natty wigs...you have to take care of wigs..they get nasty easily..T__T

3. The withdrawal after a con. I go crazy and miss everything..it depresses me.
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #4788
FallingAngel
God, I feel...Geeky.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinIZZLE View Post
Don't worry, I will And thanks for the advice; I'll definitly try it. BTW, I love your signature!
Thanks!! I try to be creative and witty whenever possible, it makes life more interesting^^ Although, I think my cat actually really hurt himself when he did that.....
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #4789
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

StrawberriSheik- Admittedly, when the character doesn't seem to fit the cosplayer's appearance, it seems just a little odd, but unless they're entering a look-alike contest, why would it matter? I mean, admittedly, I look nothing like T-Chan (one of my favorite costumes). His design has him far more muscular and squarer angles than I have, but that doesn't stop me from cosplaying him. It never would, because I adore the personality as well as the character design of the character.

Peeve; Why do I have this feeling that I'll forget to pack my wig brush? I really need it to keep my Wrath/Yuuko wig in order, as well as fix the back of my Kurikara wig...maybe I should put it in the suitcase now, or in the bag with Kuri's wig+gauntlets...
Also a bit paranoid about forgetting my makeup supplies. Should probably put them in a plastic freezer bag and label it.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 07-09-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #4790
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

My new peeve: I'll find a Character I just fall in love with...then it seems the Anime-Manga- whatever hits it big like 2 weeks later then everyone is doing it, and I get looked down apon for doing a 'popular Cosplay' -_-...This seems to happen to me alot....Beh.

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #4791
Jonesey
Motivationally challenged

I think this has probably been mentioned already, but I HATE it when you buy a wig that looks perfect online, but when you try it on you realise it's way too short... Argh.
Frodo (Lord of the Rings)~ London Expo '10

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #4792
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Thoshy- Just ignore the folks who give you crap about that. Cosplay what you like; just because you're dressed from a certain series doesn't mean you're just doing it because the show's popular.

Peeve: Bad script format in the Masquerade/Skit Discussion subforum.
Whether it be because of bad punctuation/grammar/bright colors, it's kind of annoying to me that whenever I pop in there and someone's got a skit script they want critiqued, it's never done in proper form. In most cases, you read through it and wonder,
"Was the writer even thinking about how this flows as dialogue? This doesn't flow...And THIS doesn't even make any sense; who's supposed to be saying this line?"

Maybe it's because I've been doing theater for a while, but it's seriously not that hard to put a script in the proper format, nor is it hard to learn how to write it that way; pretty much every library should have at least a few books on script writing.

And maybe it's just because so many of the scripts I keep seeing there totally disregard how much the audience would enjoy it. The purpose of the Masquerade is to present your costumes in an entertaining way; it's pretty much A.D.D. Theatre. If you're not going to present your costumes in a way that best represents the costume, and you're not going to do a skit that the audience even remotely LIKES, then why are you in the Masq? To fill three minutes with a badly thought out injoke filled skit that you thought was funny, and then get ticked when no one got it (which I have seen happen a lot, if just in the forums)?

I'm sorry, but Masq stuff just irritates me more than ANYTHING else. Theater is not a terribly difficult thing. Basic stage knowledge is common sense; don't turn your back on the audience, don't block yourself from view by gesturing with your downstage arm, etc. Stage PRESENCE isn't even terribly difficult. So why do I keep seeing badly put-together, in-joke laden skits where it just seems to be a group of folks floundering on stage?

I also am getting tired of the folks who wander in and go, "Give us ideas/scripts for a skit". WTF? Why don't you do what the rest of us do and find something that'll inspire you to write a script?

EDIT: Wow. Long rant is long. XP

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 07-09-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #4793
FallingAngel
God, I feel...Geeky.....

Peeve: My Kitten......

There's an *entire* apartment for her to sleep around but where does she want to sleep? On my ironing board and even though there's nothing on it except one small piece of fabric where does she sleep.......

On the fabric of course because apparently the rest of the board just isn't comfy enough....Frickin cat.......
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #4794
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

My pet peeve: Girls at cons. This one girl was hitting on my bf - so then it ended up where they started to date.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #4795
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

When your con is two months away, so you have ages to finish your costume. Except the local bookstore announces they're holding a con a month away, so you have a month less to finish your costume. Damn Waterstones! And damn you too Tokyopop!

I'll enjoy Tokyopop ReCon, I just wish they'd given us poor cosplayers a bit more warning.

Oh yeah, sleeves and necklines annoy me no end. I'm so bad at them.
CezzaXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #4796
kairika

My big pet peeve -- freaking yaoi paddles. My friend did Axel @ AnimeNEXT and some girl came up to her and cracked her in the backside with her stupid yaoi paddle without asking/warning. WTF. You do not DO that to complete strangers. I always swore that if someone did that, I'd go postal on them, but when it happened I was too stunned to do so.

GLOMPING. Again, that's nasty. You don't do that to strangers. Luckily, I went to AN as Kairi. Chicks seem to receive less glomping! YAY! I will never cosplay a guy!!!! (I got one glomp as opposed to the three or four the Axel, Roxas, Riku, and Sora with me received. Whoo hoo).

"YAOI FOR US! YAOOOOOOOOOOOOI!" Um, okay. I get it. You're all about the Axel/Roxas, Sora/Riku, WHATEVER. Some people aren't. They're not going to buttgrope to make you happy. Shuuuut it.

This is just a random one, related to an unpleasant dining experience @ the Harmon Meadows BK. To the trash-talking Sailor Scouts ... that's really classy when every other word out of your mouth is F*$& or mother-f$*^. Bleh.

The garbage issue was pretty gross @ AN, too. I understand that the area was lacking in garbage cans, but that's no excuse to act like the entire plaza is your own personal dumpster. Someone even took the time to IMPALE THEIR GARBAGE on the fence during the masquerade line. Gross.
kairika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #4797
Kyasaren
Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairika View Post
My big pet peeve -- freaking yaoi paddles. My friend did Axel @ AnimeNEXT and some girl came up to her and cracked her in the backside with her stupid yaoi paddle without asking/warning. WTF. You do not DO that to complete strangers. I always swore that if someone did that, I'd go postal on them, but when it happened I was too stunned to do so.

GLOMPING. Again, that's nasty. You don't do that to strangers. Luckily, I went to AN as Kairi. Chicks seem to receive less glomping! YAY! I will never cosplay a guy!!!! (I got one glomp as opposed to the three or four the Axel, Roxas, Riku, and Sora with me received. Whoo hoo).

"YAOI FOR US! YAOOOOOOOOOOOOI!" Um, okay. I get it. You're all about the Axel/Roxas, Sora/Riku, WHATEVER. Some people aren't. They're not going to buttgrope to make you happy. Shuuuut it.

This is just a random one, related to an unpleasant dining experience @ the Harmon Meadows BK. To the trash-talking Sailor Scouts ... that's really classy when every other word out of your mouth is F*$& or mother-f$*^. Bleh.

The garbage issue was pretty gross @ AN, too. I understand that the area was lacking in garbage cans, but that's no excuse to act like the entire plaza is your own personal dumpster. Someone even took the time to IMPALE THEIR GARBAGE on the fence during the masquerade line. Gross.
I don't like Yaoi fangirls either. I like yaoi, but I don't announce it to the whole world :/.
Another peeve of mine: Fangirls who take things too seriously. at Animazement one year they cornered these two gay guys, who were complete strangers to one another and formed a mob/circle around them gathering money for them to kiss. One of the guys got shy and tried to back out because he felt uncomfortable, but the mob demanded for Yaoi, shouting and chanting "YAOI! Yaoi!" or "Kiss kiss kiss!" that poor guy had to give in and kiss a complete stranger in front of a large crowd.

Another peeve: Stank. stink. odor. BODY odor. any odor. It's nasty. I remember it was even a rule in the Animazement handout to shower XD but the stank was worse this year b/c of all the people >.>.
It's not hard to keep yourself from smelling that terrible. Even if it means re-applying deodorant in the bathrooms.
It got so bad some people didn't even attend the rave because they got sick of the smell. (If you hang around the doors were the AC is it's not so bad, thats where my friends and I had to stay)
It's hot, humid, crowded, and the last thing we need is people who don't bathe. To the people who cleaned themselves: THANK YOU!
Kyasaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #4798
starfire28

See if it was me and I saw those paddle wielding fangirls I'd shout, "Shut up you're embarrasing anybody who likes yaoi! Oh and those paddles? Yeah, they were developed on the design of paddles used in hazing. HAZING."

I love yaoi but I always feel so embarrased when I see those stereotypical fangirls squeeing and running around wielding those effing yaoi paddles. Those stupid things need to die, and by those things I meant the paddles.
starfire28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #4799
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Eh, a good way to stop them, is, if you see them coming and trying to smack you, turn around and tell them, very calmly, that if they hit you, you will consider it assault and press charges. If they still hit you, start yelling for security. If they run, tell security what they look like. They attack enough folks, they'll kick anyone with a yaoi paddle out.
Unread 07-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #4800
Moon_Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
Eh, a good way to stop them, is, if you see them coming and trying to smack you, turn around and tell them, very calmly, that if they hit you, you will consider it assault and press charges. If they still hit you, start screaming for security.
Lol! Great idea!
Moon_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote