Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 405 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 07-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #4786
FallingAngel
God, I feel...Geeky.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead535 View Post
omfg - I love you for saying that! I'm so sick of hearing teenages(in general) saying "I'm soo rich" no, your parents are rich.
Yeah, but those little buggers are somewhat right, kids with that attitude are the ones that get anything they want, so you just *know* mommy and daddy would give them anything they asked for. Plus once the parents kick the bucket it all goes to the kids anyway. But yeah, I hate that crap too. I have what I have (for better and worse) because it's what I worked (more or less, hey, I didn't invent Christmas) for (ok, yeah I know I don't work a *job* right now, but my fiance keeps be busy as fuck cooking and cleaning up after his slob of an ass......oh god.....I'm a house-wife-to-be....How the hell did that happen.......? )

New Peeve: More for Myspace than here, but I'm sick of the sterotypes. Yeah, I'm blonde (now and for the moment), yeah I was a cheerleader, yeah my family has money, that does NOT mean I had life handed to me on a silver platter or that I didn't work my ass off in school to get my degree. I just finished a big "fight" with some ass who thought I was just another stupid blonde California airhead bimbo he could "badass sweet talk" into bed....I made Dean's List for christ sakes......

Where's the internet love?

Unread 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #4787
Kyasaren
Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingAngel View Post
Yeah, but those little buggers are somewhat right, kids with that attitude are the ones that get anything they want, so you just *know* mommy and daddy would give them anything they asked for. Plus once the parents kick the bucket it all goes to the kids anyway. But yeah, I hate that crap too.
Yeah I know what you mean. I get only 10 bucks a week too, but thanks to x-mas money and money I saved from last year I can afford some cosplay things. What really annoys me is a know a kid (on gaia) he's my age, we were on the subject of the job we want to pursue for a career, I told him:
"Hmm, I was thinking about a Psychologist, you?"
him: "I don't really know,or care. I'm not going to work, I'm just going to live off my dad"
Me: "what does your dad do"?
him: "He's a lawyer."
>.>
Even if your parents are rich to the point where you don't even need to work when you're an adult, it's pretty sad to hear that from someone.

Last edited by Kyasaren : 07-08-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Kyasaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #4788
kristinIZZLE
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingAngel View Post
Don't get me started on the subject of mothers, I'm 21 and my mother and I only started to get along when she moved to another country a couple of years ago. If she gives you the "Wealthy kids from Japan" crap again just point her to my profile and tell her I'm a blonde Mexican from cali and that I'm not "rich" (my family is but I'm not).

As for funding your cosplay, tell her it'll help increase your sewing skills maybe that'll help loosen the old purse strings, or you can always try babysitting or a lemonade stand.
Don't worry, I will And thanks for the advice; I'll definitly try it. BTW, I love your signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Doll View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. I get only 10 bucks a week too, but thanks to x-mas money and money I saved from last year I can afford some cosplay things.
Oh yes, thank goodness for christmas + birthday money!

Last edited by kristinIZZLE : 07-08-2007 at 06:53 PM.
kristinIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #4789
Strider
Two-fisted action hero

What bugs me are the people who get an annoyed look on their face when they ask the girl you are hanging with at a con for a picture, but don't direct the question solely at her, but rather say the question in an ambiguous way so that it could be misconstrued as directed at the both of you. So, you're standing there, not realizing that they only want a picture of your friend's breasts (since you're not a mind reader), and you stand there with her and the fanboy, only to get this annoyed look. I usually stand there anyway, just to upset them at that point, and if I get "the look," I ask them in a rather strong tone of voice: "Should I stand a little over to the right so it will be easier to crop me out of this picture later?"

Awright. It's Saturday night, I've got no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #4790
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

I (Now current) Peeve is my friend (Who Cosplays) She want's to Deidara, OK, go right ahead, but her hair is like a brown/blond mix..and Dei's is blond. I ask her nicely 'Will you dye it for Cosplay?" "No." "..Ok..a wig?" "I don't need one, my hair is fine. " "..Dei's is blond..yours is like brown blond..not the same...I'll look funny." " Who cares? Like Anyone will say anything." then I flash back to my 'What can Kill a Good cosplay' thred, and 70 % was 'hair/hair color' So...what the heck...>.< She says i'll fall out/thin if she does, but I dye my hair ever 2 months or so, (when it fades) and mine is fine o_o....

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #4791
PockyPants
PockyPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoshy View Post
I (Now current) Peeve is my friend (Who Cosplays) She want's to Deidara, OK, go right ahead, but her hair is like a brown/blond mix..and Dei's is blond. I ask her nicely 'Will you dye it for Cosplay?" "No." "..Ok..a wig?" "I don't need one, my hair is fine. " "..Dei's is blond..yours is like brown blond..not the same...I'll look funny." " Who cares? Like Anyone will say anything." then I flash back to my 'What can Kill a Good cosplay' thred, and 70 % was 'hair/hair color' So...what the heck...>.< She says i'll fall out/thin if she does, but I dye my hair ever 2 months or so, (when it fades) and mine is fine o_o....
omg I completely agree, my friend like refused to get a wig when she cosplayed Chi and when she cosplayed Sailor Venus. and her hair is really short and brown, so its really odd looking :P
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #4792
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

My most recent peeve? VESTS. Grr, my Naraku vest was entirely too difficult to figure out.

And patterns... I hate reading patterns. I hate cutting out said patterns even more, though. (Wow, makes you wonder why I cosplay, lol).

But yes... vests. I think they are the tool of the devil. Sent here to drive me CRAZY. Not hard.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.

Last edited by ardhri : 07-08-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth beans.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #4793
*Kai*
Giga-what?

Just got back from a con, and I realized I have a few "newish" pet peeves. Go me? o.O These are a mix of cosplay and con, so yea, sorry for the whining fest. XD

1. L Cosplayers: I love L, I love Death Note, but for the love of all that is holy, evil, or whatever, if I see one more L cosplayer who half asses their costume, I swear I will do something not so pleasent. Come on people, it's a white long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, no shoes, a prop or two, black hair, dark circles. How the heck do you not be able to do all that? o.O I saw at least a DOZON L cosplayers who didn't have the dark cirlces or the wig. -.-; It made a little piece of my soul die inside.

2. People who let their manners fly out the car window so that by the time they get to the con, they have morphed into these annoying, screaming, bratty asses who give us a baaaad name with security and anyone else who isn't a part of the convention.

3. People who throw things at the cosplayers. For example, these was this gorup who threw stuffed animals/plushies with chains attached at their "favorite cosplayers" to get their attention... rather then just coming up and asking. -.-;

4. Glompers. I swear if I had fallen off those stairs when they glomped me as Kadaj, they were going to be in for a royal beating. -.-; Lucky for me, I caught myself.

5. Myself: Why do I have bad planning for my costumes. This past Feb, I wore Kasumi to MegaCon and there was a cold front, and now I wore Kadaj to Metro during the summer. X.x I just get too excited that I don't plan ahead that much. XD

6. My Chii wig. DX The pips messed up and their color morphed somehow so I didn't get to wear it today for the last day of the con. T_T

7. Not really a cosplay pet peeve, but the Dealer's Room being so small this year. I bought more from Artist Ally then I did the room which is a very odd thing for me.

I think that's it for now, I'm sure I'll think of something else but I am exhausted and need to get to bed soon. Other then the above pet peeves, MetroCon was awesome. I loved the Chess Match. ^_^

Current Con(s) for 2013:
  • Animate Miami
  • Megacon
  • Florida Supercon
  • MetroCon
  • Dragon*Con
  • Chibi-Pa

*Kai* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #4794
Fire Lily
Jack of Most Trades

I hate thinking how much time I have before a con. Which starts me worrying about what I need to get finished. Which makes me think about how little time I have left to get everything done. Which makes me think about what else I need from which stores, or what I have in stock so I can finish the costume.

It's a vicious cycle.

www.firelilycosplay.com
Fire Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #4795
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Peeve: Me.

Seriously; Otakon isn't even HERE yet, and I'm already planning for Katsu..gawd. I know I'll be busy this fall, but I'm making maybe ONE new costume; the other two things are revamps for costume contests.
I know I'm also in charge of our Masquerade skit for that con too, but after the skit gets finalized, my job's done until the convention rolls around.

I'm going to have to force myself to take a two week break from cosplay stuff, so that my bank account can recover from Otakon, at least.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #4796
Lil_Neko-Chan
The Random Camera Ninja!

Long wigs.

I adore my Rider cosplay (flaws and all) but that wig drives me crazy!! Dont get me wrong, it is a lovely wig (nice, smooth, shiny, it's like real hair!)....until you wear it. It gets tangled in everything and the strands go everywhere!!! @o@!!!!

Sometimes, a hug is all that we need http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
Lil_Neko-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:39 AM   #4797
Moon_Fish

I get peeved at myself when I end up losing interest in a current cosplay and start working on the next one days before a con. ><
Moon_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:11 AM   #4798
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

1. People who cosplay as characters who look nothing at all like them. Your face and hair can make or break the costume >_<; It's sad but true. I'm not saying they have to be gorgeous, because I am no good-looker myself..but if you're playing as a sinister evil guy..and you have a small cute round face..it just doesn't work ._.; Waaa...okay..got that out.

2. Natty wigs...you have to take care of wigs..they get nasty easily..T__T

3. The withdrawal after a con. I go crazy and miss everything..it depresses me.
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #4799
FallingAngel
God, I feel...Geeky.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinIZZLE View Post
Don't worry, I will And thanks for the advice; I'll definitly try it. BTW, I love your signature!
Thanks!! I try to be creative and witty whenever possible, it makes life more interesting^^ Although, I think my cat actually really hurt himself when he did that.....
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #4800
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

StrawberriSheik- Admittedly, when the character doesn't seem to fit the cosplayer's appearance, it seems just a little odd, but unless they're entering a look-alike contest, why would it matter? I mean, admittedly, I look nothing like T-Chan (one of my favorite costumes). His design has him far more muscular and squarer angles than I have, but that doesn't stop me from cosplaying him. It never would, because I adore the personality as well as the character design of the character.

Peeve; Why do I have this feeling that I'll forget to pack my wig brush? I really need it to keep my Wrath/Yuuko wig in order, as well as fix the back of my Kurikara wig...maybe I should put it in the suitcase now, or in the bag with Kuri's wig+gauntlets...
Also a bit paranoid about forgetting my makeup supplies. Should probably put them in a plastic freezer bag and label it.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 07-09-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote