Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 368 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #5116
driftgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadesico81 View Post
Fan girls dont bother you when you carrying a very large Air Soft gun. Even the normal public is on edge when they Sousuke Sagara in a Mithrill Uniform carring a replica of a M4-A1.
Absolutely. Just keep your hands off the trigger, put it on Safe, and as long as an orange tip is on there, nobody will bother you. Do make sure that there's no moving parts for any convention staff to flag you for. It happened to my brother once. He had no problem walking the streets of Baltimore in costume (and we're talking a CIRAS rig, a M4 S-System and a holstered USP, both guns were airsoft) considering no one stopped him about the airsoft guns he had recently rendered un-fire-able (ziptied trigger and motorless internals, and the USP was always holstered with no battery), but some jerk in the higher echelons of con staff flagged his M4 on account that you could collapse the stock.
driftgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #5117
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
Really? Oh wow, that's...that's horrible! At least Pip's braid starts at the base of his neck, but an Aeris braid....GOD.
It would have hurt less if it wasn't a drawstring. But my hair was in a tight bun and the braid had two wig clips in it holding it in. So when the dirtbag ripped it out he pulled on my scalp.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #5118
Usuratonkachi
Enjoy your spaghetti.

@ Rurouni_Ina_Box & zipperhead535: That's terrible! If someone pulled on my hair, I'd probably punch them out of reflex. >_>

I try not to let anyone too close to me, so it freaked me out when a SNJ Itachi grabbed me and pulled me onto her... =__=
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #5119
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Okay, so how everyone said that signs were stupid - would it be dumb to have a sign around my neck when I cosplay Bakura that says "Subject to mood swings" ?

Unread 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #5120
Kyasaren
Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead535 View Post
Okay, so how everyone said that signs were stupid - would it be dumb to have a sign around my neck when I cosplay Bakura that says "Subject to mood swings" ?
Actually that's be pretty funny
Kyasaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #5121
Usuratonkachi
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead535 View Post
I think it's pretty good. ^^

I just don't like free-hugs signs.
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #5122
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

if its for a costume signs are fine if its a legitimate part or just a joke about the character I got no problem with them
paper cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #5123
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper cosplay View Post
if its for a costume signs are fine if its a legitimate part or just a joke about the character I got no problem with them
Bakura is posessed by an evil spirit - so througout the series he's in a constant battle with the spirit.

Unread 08-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #5124
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikki View Post
There would be two major issues that I'd foresee with running this kind of panel. The first is the overwhelming sense that what few panel attendees to show up would probably NOT learn anything new. They would be like me, curious about what the panel would actually be covering and to see WHO is running it. Any time a Cosplay Elitism or any other ego-centric panel pops up, I am morbidly curious. *shrugs*
The second is how to present the topic without being considered an "elitist" or egotistical/prideful because I've been very successful at nearly all competitions I've entered. As a person watching any panel like this, I know that I'd want to hear the panelists' credentials before any real discussions. I'd want to be certain that the panelist isn't just talking out of his/her ass. It's such a Catch 22 to me... *sighs*
Tikki
This is the same problem I've run into.

At AniZona next year, I want to host a panel about how to put on a descent entry into a masquerade. But I don't know if people would think I'm qualified enough to do it. I've had 3 apprentceships with tailors/seamstresses, judged two cosplay competetions, competed in 2 masquerades (I've ment to do more, but I don't finish costumes as fast as I wish), and been in oddles of smaller competetions. I also have alot of stage and performance experience.

I've talked about it slightly on the forums, but I don't know. Alot of the usual competition is n00bish, and I just want to help them out. I've got notes from both the ICG and C.com in the panel, but I'm still wary. I know of a few people who doubt my skills as a cospalyer and let alone a judge, but I really want to help out the new competetors.

;_;

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Teal´c: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #5125
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Usura; XD No, it hasn't happened to me yet. Thankfully, it's within the personality of both Pip and T-Chan to beat the crud out of someone who did that. Actually, I have a feeling that if someone did that to Pip, he'd calmly whip around and shoot them in the foot.
If someone pulls on my wig, they earn a slap in the face and report to con security.

XD While that sign would be funny, I guarentee that con security would probably take it from you, since it's not an essential part of your costume. I saw plenty of signs being taken away at this past Otakon (complete with owners who were PISSED at this fact, even though it's posted every visible place in the con rules).

Warning; unless the sign is essential, it'll get taken. Though if you took the time to maybe make the sign of a thin piece of like..balsa wood; if it showed that you made an effort to make a nice looking sign, I doubt they would. It's just that most signs at conventions are "Will ______ for yaoi/yuri/pocky/etc, and that's considered soliciting/prostitution.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 08-08-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #5126
cold kittn
Your own personal stalker

Well this little pet peeve is what makes me hate being a girl. I hate it when that time of the month comes and I'm at a con or doing like a mini phootshoot or something. Paranoia sets in like there's no tomorrow....constantly worrying about "accidents" and stuff like that...ugh...HATE IT!!!!
cold kittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #5127
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

Most conventions have rules aginst the use and or makeing of signs. I think its a rule all conventions should adopt.

Total Military/Action Cosplayer

"When I become Führer all female officers will be required to where tiny mini skirts!" Roy Mustang FMA
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #5128
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
Warning; unless the sign is essential, it'll get taken. Though if you took the time to maybe make the sign of a thin piece of like..balsa wood; if it showed that you made an effort to make a nice looking sign, I doubt they would. It's just that most signs at conventions are "Will ______ for yaoi/yuri/pocky/etc, and that's considered soliciting/prostitution.
I go to a pretty small con of about 3,000 - it's Anime Detour and they're pretty lax about signs as long as they aren't offensive. But oh well, maybe i'll do it when I go to church in my Bakura crossplay. XD I havent been to church in months, so they won't recognize me anyways! Since I've been I've gotten braces, and lost weight.

Kitten: omfg I feel your pain! I can imagine someone doing a crossplay and they have the congoers fooled that they are a guy and then they say out of the blue "Wait - I have to go change my pad!" XD

Unread 08-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #5129
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

At Fanime there were entirely too many signs. Everywhere you look there they were. Everytime I passed by a particular group at night they'd pester for hugs.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #5130
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
At Fanime there were entirely too many signs. Everywhere you look there they were. Everytime I passed by a particular group at night they'd pester for hugs.
blech - there should be a thing invented such as electric shock bra, or electric shock underwear. When a fanboy gets a little loose with his actions..ZAPPPP!!! But it's not logical because the wearer would get shocked too..

Last edited by zipperhead535 : 08-09-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: typo