Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 394 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #5281
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Yet another pet peeve of mine is seeing people running all about the place at a con. I don't mean those that run because they're late for a panel or the like (although you should make an effort to be punctual and avoid having to do this), I mean those who are "having fun" by sprinting full speed through crowds like a gaggle of jackasses. Has anyone else noticed this phenomena?

Please keep in mind that it is never a good idea to try to run through a crowd, especially when so many people are carrying easily broken/bulky props. Have a little common sense.
Leeroy Jenkins-style?

I've noticed that too. But what I've also noticed is the annoying trend of cosplayers standing around and blocking places because they're waiting for people to take pictures of them. Like, they'll stand in front of an escalator and pose until someone comes up to them. I can understand someone posing for a camera and temporarily blocking a hallway or entrance, but don't just stand around and wait for people to come to you. You might as well be shouting, "I'm ready for my closeup! Come on, I spent 500 hours on this armour, take my damn picture already!" :/
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #5282
toxic_candy

This one goes more along the website:

This ones to all those people who sit around dictating this site like a nazi deciding on who should stay and who should go smart mouthing about IPS and the like trying to ban as many as possible and yet whats this not a single picture of themself at all? Im sorry if youre going to rule the forum put pictures in youre gallery k thanks
Ritsuka: Even your life?
Soubi: I will fight for your sake, so don't be afraid of anything.
toxic_candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #5283
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_candy View Post
This one goes more along the website:

This ones to all those people who sit around dictating this site like a nazi deciding on who should stay and who should go smart mouthing about IPS and the like trying to ban as many as possible and yet whats this not a single picture of themself at all? Im sorry if youre going to rule the forum put pictures in youre gallery k thanks
I'm going to have to agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #5284
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Im sorry if youre going to rule the forum put pictures in youre gallery k thanks
What, so you can judge people by the way they look? You don't need to have pictures in your gallery to have a valid opinion, you know. Besides, nobody "rules the forums" except the moderators.
Angathol is evolving!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:35 AM   #5285
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
What, so you can judge people by the way they look? You don't need to have pictures in your gallery to have a valid opinion, you know. Besides, nobody "rules the forums" except the moderators.
Really? I took all that to mean "If you don't have the stones to show yourself, don't judge other people."

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #5286
skye_fall
perfectionist, much?

Someone must have said this in the previous 5000 some posts (as big of a procrastinator as I am, I'm lazy enough and value my brain enough not to read all 5000 some posts), but lack of consistency and lack of good reference images. Looks like I have to go dig out my manga D:

Oh. And how friggen hard it is to find certain materials. I found a pair of dyeable shoes heels that have a close enough shape to what a character's wearing that I can modify it, but they're 50 a pop. Before shipping. And before modification (beading, feathering and dyeing).

And why can't bridal satin come in more shades of blue? ;_;

devart | space | cspace | Achievement

I am...
Soifon -- VLARP presents Bleach 2008
Princess Zelda/Sheik -- VLARP presents Nintendo 2009

skye_fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #5287
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Really? I took all that to mean "If you don't have the stones to show yourself, don't judge other people."
I'd add "by their looks" to the end of that. It's like someone calling someone else ugly online, yet they have no pictures up. But that's not what toxic_candy was talking about. He was basically saying that if people say anything negative towards him, they have to have gallery pictures up or he won't take them seriously. Or something. :/
Angathol is evolving!
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #5288
sam vimes
A real live wire

Whatever. I picked one of the most humiliating pictures I have to be my avatar to get all that out of the way anyway.

Back to topic.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #5289
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I'd add "by their looks" to the end of that. It's like someone calling someone else ugly online, yet they have no pictures up. But that's not what toxic_candy was talking about. He was basically saying that if people say anything negative towards him, they have to have gallery pictures up or he won't take them seriously. Or something. :/
To be fair, I do always kind of wonder about people if they come onto cosplay.com, a site about cosplay, and then act all high-and-mighty like they're some kind of cosplay god... yet they have no pictures at all in their galleries.

Actually, being cosplay.com, I'm always a little baffled at people who have no pictures at all in their galleries, unless they're just starting out. But that's not nearly as weird as the ones who claim to be long-time cosplayers with MAD SKILLZ, and absolutely no evidence of these alleged "skillz".
Unread 08-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #5290
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
To be fair, I do always kind of wonder about people if they come onto cosplay.com, a site about cosplay, and then act all high-and-mighty like they're some kind of cosplay god... yet they have no pictures at all in their galleries.

Actually, being cosplay.com, I'm always a little baffled at people who have no pictures at all in their galleries, unless they're just starting out. But that's not nearly as weird as the ones who claim to be long-time cosplayers with MAD SKILLZ, and absolutely no evidence of these alleged "skillz".
I don't mind when people have no pictures up and yet they're really opinionated, which is what the OP of the peeve was talking about. But I understand what you mean; when people claim to know this and that about cosplay, it'd be nice to see that they've got the skill to back up their statements.

I know who the original complaint was aimed at, and it isn't really an issue of someone claiming to be an amazing cosplayer, though.
Angathol is evolving!
Unread 08-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #5291
toxic_candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post

See thats what I was mostly refuring to right there Some one contacted me on Aim I wont mention names but they decided to tell me My cosplay Sucked Im like okay lets see yours then they stated they had no pictures up because itd be embarrassing to the other cosplayers...Hmm And really I dont care what people state about me on here because I have enough friends in the real world.
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #5292
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

toxic candy- if they don't have any pictures and claim it'd EMBARASS other cosplayers, then they are talking through their ass.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #5293
toxic_candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box View Post
toxic candy- if they don't have any pictures and claim it'd EMBARASS other cosplayers, then they are talking through their ass.
Lol Yea I know I dont pretend to be amazing at cosplay Im far from it I think Im terrible at it in all honesty but there are those who claim to be amazing with no proof of it sad
Unread 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #5294
KomoriChu
~Neopet Fursuiter~

Quote:
Whatever. I picked one of the most humiliating pictures I have to be my avatar to get all that out of the way anyway.
Well, I think your avatar is the WIN!

And I agree about the galleries. It's a big peeve of mine when I see someone with an AWESOME avatar and I'm all like, "Omg, that's an amazing costume!" and I go to their gallery to look for more pics, and they have ZERO photos in their gallery! It's really the most disappointing thing ever.
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #5295
Mahio

Quote:
Lol Yea I know I dont pretend to be amazing at cosplay Im far from it I think Im terrible at it in all honesty but there are those who claim to be amazing with no proof of it sad
yep pretty much how I feel too... Though I do count myself as pretty good when it comes to making other peoples props. I slip into my "must be perfect" mode with props.

Juri Han: Super Street Fighter 4

Zora Armor Link: Twilight Princess
Mahio is offline   Reply With Quote