Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #5416
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Gah, inconsistent references...

I looked at the figure of Ashe for about fifteen minutes before I decided that denim skirt corset monstrosity it portrayed just DOES NOT WORK.

So then I pull up the prelim sketches for Ashe, and lo-and-behold. It IS a corset looking thing in the sketch, and not a weird skirt that goes somehow up her back, disappears, then reappears at her neck.

Gawds.

Really peeving how long it takes to ship wigs.... I would've ordered from Cosworx, but they're more expensive and they don't have the Innocent wig...
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #5417
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

I think amphigory may have misplaced my earlier order considering it just told me that it doesn't have anything with my invoice number ><

I am peeving on things with strange fits. Aya's coat is pissing me off. I can't get it to look like it's supposed to which I think is mostly because I'm too short and not an anime character. I've got a close approximation but it's still off. Grrr
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:30 AM   #5418
KomoriChu
~Neopet Fursuiter~

Peeve: Me. Yeah, I know. Weight and skin color SHOULDN'T matter in a cosplay, yet I find myself looking at characters I like and saying "No, I can't pull off that character because I weigh too much or I'm too dark complexioned." Pfft. I just can't overlook my weight and skin color, period. Dunno why. Hopefully I'll be able to lose the weight by summer, then my character choice range will broaden significantly.
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #5419
kingdomgirl

My pet peeve is what happened to a freind of mine. she handmade this top and cosplayed as tsunade from naruto. She ended up 'selling' it and the person she sold it to started saying that she made it and spent x amount of time making it blah blah blah. Now my friend had no idea this was happening till a few months after that person dressed up like that for our photoshoot. after that and a few other incidents we cut ties with that person. understandably my friend was upset and to top it all off she saw a photo of someone else wearing it in a con competition. also she didnt get the money for selling it. she got all kinds of excuses as to why that person didnt have the money when she said shed give it to them.
kingdomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #5420
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomgirl View Post
My pet peeve is what happened to a freind of mine. she handmade this top and cosplayed as tsunade from naruto. She ended up 'selling' it and the person she sold it to started saying that she made it and spent x amount of time making it blah blah blah. Now my friend had no idea this was happening till a few months after that person dressed up like that for our photoshoot. after that and a few other incidents we cut ties with that person. understandably my friend was upset and to top it all off she saw a photo of someone else wearing it in a con competition. also she didnt get the money for selling it. she got all kinds of excuses as to why that person didnt have the money when she said shed give it to them.
Some people are just rude. That person should be strung up on her heals for doing something like that.

If she posts any pictures of her her Tsunade cosplay and she says she made it. I would have the mods take it down till she gives credit to the commisioner who actualy made it.

Total Military/Action Cosplayer

"When I become Führer all female officers will be required to where tiny mini skirts!" Roy Mustang FMA
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #5421
LizardMandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahio View Post
*rant* Another thing about kids that bother me, is that they usually, despite their costumes they bought off of ebay or such (not that I have a problem with commisioning, or buying) They go off into their own little world in which they are "all important" and get all cockey about how they're gonna p'wn in the cosplay contest, when they go up and sing ninja of the night instead of a skit, or just a walk on. *rant*
Frankly, if people can't think of anything to do for an entertaining skit or they don't have pre-recorded voice overs, I'd much rather they just walk out and show off the costume. Seriously, I hate it when people out there try to make themselves heard with those microphones (EVERY time someone's tried to sing, regardless of their talent level, it's ruined by bad acoustics). If you have an awesome costume, I'd much prefer you just walk out, turn around a bit and show it off, then walk off and let us all cheer.
LizardMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #5422
Deathfire
Eats Stars

>_>; I just posted this in the cosplaying everyday thread but...

cosplaying everyday...uh no. Costumes are not meant to withstand everyday conditions and that would seriously take away the meaning of why we do this as a hobby.

Pieces of cosplay could be fine, but the whole darn costume. No thanks.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #5423
sam vimes
A real live wire

People who shout and laugh too loudly and just plain overreact while watching a movie or series episodes at a convention. Believe it or not, there may be other people who are watching what's onscreen for the first time. You're noise will not enhance their experience. Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #5424
Spookloops
We Broke It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
People who shout and laugh too loudly and just plain overreact while watching a movie or series episodes at a convention. Believe it or not, there may be other people who are watching what's onscreen for the first time. You're noise will not enhance their experience. Shut up.

Or those people that have to give a play-by-play or critique what's going to happen next to their friends and spoil whatever you're watching at the con, especially if it's something you haven't seen before that you're rather enjoying!

PS Mr. Vimes, many many brownie points for Spider Jerusalem.
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #5425
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Last edited by Angathol : 04-02-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #5426
Cyanide Codon
Biogeek Beatlefreak

I know that, after 300-something pages, this thread has probably mentioned every single pet peeve known to man (and some that aren't). However, it's still open, and I've got peeves, and as such, I shall post them. Heh.

1) Please. Please, please, please. Don't touch me. I realize that my dressing up as one thing or another means that I wish for people to see me doing so. I won't argue with that. But unless you are blind, you do not see with your hands.

--I desperately need my personal-space bubble intact. I do not like it being abruptly invaded. I may even have a minor breakdown if it is. If you want to shake my hand or hug me, please ask first; I will probably say okay. If you can't accept this very simple rule of basic ettiquette, stay away from me. I have, before I even knew what I was doing, hit someone for clapping me on the shoulder from behind without warning. So unless you fancy being Black Eye No Juutsu Naruto, DO NOT GLOMP ME, and for the love of god, don't even get me started on what I think about people who think it's okay to randomly whack you with YAOI paddles.

--I am protective of my costumes. I am somewhat poor, and do not have the ability to rebuild something because someone tore it. No, you do not get to run away with any props just because. No, you do not get to rub your face all over the things I've worked so hard to sew like some kind of deranged cat. Please don't yank on anything. And for crissakes, if you're covered in body paint, have greasy-food hands, are pouring sweat, or anything of that sort, NO. JUST NO. Converse from a reasonable distance kthx. It's hard enough to worry about keeping the things clean without additional frustration. If you want to feel something or inspect something, just ask. I'll decide from there.

2) I am actually a tiny bit afraid of having my picture taken. I won't mind if you want to take one. Just let me know first, okay? Give me a few seconds to at least not be confused and then blinded and wobbling around with a giant white spot in my vision. If you want one with me, ask first. (This relates to point 1.) If you just want one of me by myself, do me a favor and at least holler that you've got a camera. Really, that's all you have to do. I mean, I'd at least like to know where the heck to look. Nothing says "AGH KILL" like someone unexpectedly running up, popping a flash in your face, and running away squealing while you're left disoriented and part-blind.

3) I don't have the funds or experience to make pitch-perfect expert-level outfits. I realize that whatever I am wearing is probably inferior to yours. This does not necessitate your rubbing six awards in my face and ripping me on everything from buttons to figure to voice to the fact that I'm not perfectly IC the entire time. I've put crazy amounts of effort into it anyway. I am perfectly comfortable with what I'm doing and wearing. If I wasn't, I wouldn't wear or do it. So do take your snobbery elsewhere. (PS: Your wig looks silly, anyway.)

4) No, I'm not going to wear makeup that I don't need to. If it's necessary because of colorations, special effects, designs, actual IC-makeup, or whatever, then yes. But otherwise, no. I'm sensitive to the stuff and have to be very careful about what I do and how often. You'll just have to settle for faint red-face in any photos you snap, and seeing my actual normal human skin.

Unfortunately, all of these spring from bad experiences. And the funny thing about all of it is that I haven't even gone to an anime convention yet. And I probably sound like some kind of snob, but I'm so totally the opposite it's not even funny. I'm THE biggest natural wallflower.
“Courtrooms contain every symbol of authority that a set designer could imagine. Everyone stands up when you come in. You wear a costume identifying you as, if not quite divine, someone special.” -- Irving R. Kaufman

Last edited by Cyanide Codon : 08-29-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Cyanide Codon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #5427
anomalie
Fighting Evil

Snobs.

Screaming.

Highschoolers who obsess over anime faaaaar too much (this usually passes after graduating, I noticed. Weird).

People who ask for criticism, and then when someone offers something construction to help, flip out because that person doesn't think they are perfect (and I'm in theatre school so I have to deal with this every day, hah). They're trying to help you improve, not insult you... also, if you asked for it, be prepared that not everyone will shower you will fuzzy compliments.
anomalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #5428
Fallingpeon

>.o Hmm I think My pet peeve is about all those weird old fat pedo guys who run around, then lay down on the floor to get a picture up some poor girls skirt/dress (Or a guys, free world neh? xD) and run away giggling. Its quite gross in my opinion. Show some respect neh? Is it that too hard to ask?
Fallingpeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #5429
Cyanide Codon
Biogeek Beatlefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallingpeon View Post
>.o Hmm I think My pet peeve is about all those weird old fat pedo guys who run around, then lay down on the floor to get a picture up some poor girls skirt/dress (Or a guys, free world neh? xD) and run away giggling. Its quite gross in my opinion. Show some respect neh? Is it that too hard to ask?
This is now where you preserve my desire to go to a con someday by saying you were absolutely just kidding and not at all serious.
“Courtrooms contain every symbol of authority that a set designer could imagine. Everyone stands up when you come in. You wear a costume identifying you as, if not quite divine, someone special.” -- Irving R. Kaufman
Cyanide Codon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #5430
PyThae
On your knees, bitches!

I've not even cosplayed yet, and I already have a few petpeves.

1. People saying you 'crossdress' because you 'crossplay'

2. Touching my hair. It's 3 inches long. And fire red. GET OVER IT!

3. People flaming you for liking anime. >.<

4. People constantly touching stuff without asking.

I have about 40% of my Gaara [Naruto] cosplay done, and I wear it around to get comfortable with it. I went out with my gourd the other day, not painted yet, and planned on painting it down the park. I should have stayed at home >.<