Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 368 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #5416
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

Angathol, you win at life.

New pet peeve of my own:
I've completely fallen in love with this character, but I didn't think to fully break down his costume before deciding, "I NEED TO COSPLAY HIM!" It's not that it's particularly difficult, on the contrary, it's fairly basic. It's just EXPENSIVE. It'll run me over $300 in accessories alone. Since I need real leather and decent quality guns. This is really tough, gotta decide if he's worth the investment or not.

Maybe I should try to drag some others into it, so I can at least get my money's worth in awesome photoshoots >.>
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #5417
Tobias Night
Tobias Nightbringer

My turn to initiate said lovin', Angathol:

I LUFF YOU!

Like Mr. Sam Vimes said, I'm late as Hell on this, but anyway, that was awesome what you did. Regardless of who they are or where they are from, if they are gonna pull that kind of bull$&%!, they deserve a straight-up jab right to their face. I know there are pacifists who will preach about going to security/staff or not starting a confrontation like this, but to Hell with that. What can security/staff do? Like Angathol said, the volunteer staff are probably apathetic, and Hell, if I was a staff and saw what happened, I would have added insult to injury and throw him out of the convention or whatever punishment is allowable. When you're pissed, you're pissed. All you see is red. Hope that idiot learned his lesson.

~Lyric to a song sung by Nat King Cole called "Nature Boy" (Thank you LadyHawke78 for getting the name of the song!)

Last edited by Tobias Night : 08-28-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Tobias Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #5418
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

Living in a affluent suburban neighborhood with nosy neighbors. I can't get any good outdoor pictures of most of my military based costumes as someone will inevitably see the airsoft weapons and I'll end up getting a 5am wake up call from the Manchester Armed Response Unit. Bah!

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #5419
Tobias Night
Tobias Nightbringer

Any abandon buildings you can use during night time? A paintball/airsoft arena would be a good idea if there weren't people there shooting lol. Though, if you can somehow use an area just for a photo-op for a moment or so, then you can probably strike gold there.

Looking like that, you would have difficulty finding a place unless you drove out to the woods or somewhere...less civilized I guess you could say. Though, if you do start taking pictures out in the woods, perfect way to start off a Resident Evil type photo-op. You look like you have access to the gear or can make it no problem! Just gotta get some zombie-buddies XD

~Lyric to a song sung by Nat King Cole called "Nature Boy" (Thank you LadyHawke78 for getting the name of the song!)

Last edited by Tobias Night : 08-28-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Because I'm stupid XD
Tobias Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #5420
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadmill View Post
Living in a affluent suburban neighborhood with nosy neighbors. I can't get any good outdoor pictures of most of my military based costumes as someone will inevitably see the airsoft weapons and I'll end up getting a 5am wake up call from the Manchester Armed Response Unit. Bah!
Or tell your neighbors before hand?

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #5421
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

New Peeve:

I'll go onto youtube, just looking for Cosplays, and see a title saying 'Cosplay---lalal' and so, I click on it. Well, I watch it, and all it is is people calling eachother by Anime names -_-... They they say 'Yah we iz cosplaying!" So, i'll say "Cosplay is costume play'' and they give me this ' well we are scared to cosplay at said place' ..ok, then thats just you out side/in your house/at school ect ect, NOT cosplay...

Nugh. Sometimes...

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #5422
D001
D

New Pet Peeve?

Getting the new ad for the next sale at JoAnn Fabrics to discover that EVERYTHING, literally everything I need is on sale the ONE weekend I won't be able to get there. >_< *wonders if I can con any of my friends into dragging my drugged butt down there and helping post-op me pick out the things I need...hmm...* >_<

Surgery sucks. And I haven't even had it yet. *pouts*

D
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #5423
AlphaNinn
I am me?

When the piece you need to make can easily be cut out of a piece of 58" wide fabric without adding extra seams, but all you can find in that color is 44" wide fabric.

Curse you, fabric widths!
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #5424
Mahio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezerburn View Post
one thing that kinda bothers me are all of these kids at anime cons that try to dress goth or whatever and end up looking tacky especially when they are wearing REAL dog collars and leashes.
Haha, this is very true. I saw someone in my math class today with an actual collar on and a leash... It was odd....

*rant* Another thing about kids that bother me, is that they usually, despite their costumes they bought off of ebay or such (not that I have a problem with commisioning, or buying) They go off into their own little world in which they are "all important" and get all cockey about how they're gonna p'wn in the cosplay contest, when they go up and sing ninja of the night instead of a skit, or just a walk on. *rant*

Quote:
RE: the people that dress "Goth" - I dressed that way before Hot Topic was even conceived, back when your wardrobe has hand-made, thrifted, or dyed. You were lucky to find stuff in a store off the rack that worked. These people walking around in pre-packaged dime a dozen garments from Hot Topic and considering themselve "Goth" really piss me off because they look just like any one of any other Hot Topic customer - where's the individuality?? I have the same complaint about "Punk" too. My uncle was at the forefront of the punk movement, so that was a huge influence in my childhood, while the goth influence was from my mom, so all these posers really make my blood boil. There's real goths and punks out there, but they're few and far in between.
( /rant )
This is true to. All the nonconformists conform and wear the same t-shirt that says "I'm a nonconformist" and wear the same black strappy pants with chains and buckles hanging everywheere, and go up with all there nonconformist friends to the "preps" and "conformists" and say "we are nonconformists".

In short, they conform to nonconform ^^ boy is that an oxymoron.

On another note, I can't stand the hot topic versions of goth, and make my own. I made a lace top a while back, and no one else in the world has one like it... Although my wardrobe is compiled of a mixture of goth, anime shirts, and cosplay...

Juri Han: Super Street Fighter 4

Zora Armor Link: Twilight Princess
Mahio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #5425
Kyasaren
Eccentric

Pet peeve: Having your mother's sewing machine die right before you need to use it. D8
Kyasaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #5426
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

Peeve: People who put no effort into their cosplays. Example, a guy throws on a blue shirt and decides to start smoking "Hey! Im Cid Highwind!" or a girl who decideds to put on piece of string around her neck and pull her hair back and say "I'm Aeris Gainsborough."

Or another case, where a girl got too lazy to finish her costume and she decided instead of a skirt she was going to wear jeans and she called in an "original design" -_-'

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #5427
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Gah, inconsistent references...

I looked at the figure of Ashe for about fifteen minutes before I decided that denim skirt corset monstrosity it portrayed just DOES NOT WORK.

So then I pull up the prelim sketches for Ashe, and lo-and-behold. It IS a corset looking thing in the sketch, and not a weird skirt that goes somehow up her back, disappears, then reappears at her neck.

Gawds.

Really peeving how long it takes to ship wigs.... I would've ordered from Cosworx, but they're more expensive and they don't have the Innocent wig...
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #5428
crazymiko
Fiberglass Impaired

I think amphigory may have misplaced my earlier order considering it just told me that it doesn't have anything with my invoice number ><

I am peeving on things with strange fits. Aya's coat is pissing me off. I can't get it to look like it's supposed to which I think is mostly because I'm too short and not an anime character. I've got a close approximation but it's still off. Grrr
crazymiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:30 AM   #5429
KomoriChu
~Neopet Fursuiter~

Peeve: Me. Yeah, I know. Weight and skin color SHOULDN'T matter in a cosplay, yet I find myself looking at characters I like and saying "No, I can't pull off that character because I weigh too much or I'm too dark complexioned." Pfft. I just can't overlook my weight and skin color, period. Dunno why. Hopefully I'll be able to lose the weight by summer, then my character choice range will broaden significantly.
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #5430
kingdomgirl

My pet peeve is what happened to a freind of mine. she handmade this top and cosplayed as tsunade from naruto. She ended up 'selling' it and the person she sold it to started saying that she made it and spent x amount of time making it blah blah blah. Now my friend had no idea this was happening till a few months after that person dressed up like that for our photoshoot. after that and a few other incidents we cut ties with that person. understandably my friend was upset and to top it all off she saw a photo of someone else wearing it in a con competition. also she didnt get the money for selling it. she got all kinds of excuses as to why that person didnt have the money when she said shed give it to them.
kingdomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote